The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pacquiao vs Mosley: Weigh in, build up, and the fight.

+12
The Galveston Giant
hitmansam
azania
Adam D
HumanWindmill
pacman79
Imperial Ghosty
Rowley
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
BALTIMORA
Liam_Main
D4thincarnation
16 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Pacquiao vs Mosley: Weigh in, build up, and the fight. - Page 3 Empty Pacquiao vs Mosley: Weigh in, build up, and the fight.

Post by D4thincarnation Fri 06 May 2011, 11:37 pm

First topic message reminder :

Ok I'll put this thread up for all the build up and the fight itself for the mega fight this weekend.

http://www.boxingscene.com/weights-manny-pacquiao-145-shane-mosley-147-more--38901

The have just had the weigh in, Manny has come in at 145lbs and Mosley bang on 147lbs and is looking in the best shape he has been in for several years.

Anybody have any thoughts on the weigh in?

When I get a link of the weigh in I'll put it up.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Pacquiao vs Mosley: Weigh in, build up, and the fight. - Page 3 Empty Re: Pacquiao vs Mosley: Weigh in, build up, and the fight.

Post by pacman79 Sat 07 May 2011, 6:17 pm

Have a look at a few of Ivan Calderon's fights from his prime and he is a great example of a 'pure' boxer.

pacman79

Back to top Go down

Pacquiao vs Mosley: Weigh in, build up, and the fight. - Page 3 Empty Re: Pacquiao vs Mosley: Weigh in, build up, and the fight.

Post by D4thincarnation Sat 07 May 2011, 6:19 pm

prettyboykev wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:Fighters like Marquez and Pacquiao are pure boxers.

Tend to give the ref an easy night.

If you need to bend or break the rules of boxing as a tactic to compete then then that is not pure boxing.

Pure boxers? Pacquiao is quite poor defencively and lacks the slick skills of guys like Whittaker and Mayweather who I would consider to be 'pure' boxers.

Think you might have used the wrong cliche their mate.

I defined what I mean about pure boxers.

There not much that Pacquiao does wrong.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sat 07 May 2011, 6:19 pm

azania wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:Do you think it would be wise for Mosley to head hunt, Pacquiao, constant head movement may make it difficult for Mosley to land cleanly. Mosley go to the body. Mosley is a great body puncher and Pacquiao body has been hurt before.

Mosely shouldn't even be fighting for the title. This must be the first time we're having a world title fight where the challenger is coming off a loss and a draw in his last 2 fights. And that loss was a comprehensive beating also. When did he win his last fight?

Ages ago. Abraham will be coming off two losses when he fights Ward and his ref.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sat 07 May 2011, 6:21 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:
prettyboykev wrote:

If you need to bend or break the rules of boxing as a tactic to compete then then that is not pure boxing.

Pure boxers? Pacquiao is quite poor defencively and lacks the slick skills of guys like Whittaker and Mayweather who I would consider to be 'pure' boxers.

I stated I think you've got your cliches wrong. Pac is pretty poor defencively so not a pure boxers.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sat 07 May 2011, 6:22 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:
prettyboykev wrote:

You mean apart from all those times Clottey punched him in the face? Or when Margarito caught him on the ropes in the sixth and left him unable to perform a sing-song after the fight (blessing in disguise)?

Just please leave the keyboard alone.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Sat 07 May 2011, 6:22 pm

Kenny Bayless is the ref for this fight and IMO he is the best ref in the world by some way.

He always does a great job.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 07 May 2011, 6:23 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:Kenny Bayless is the ref for this fight and IMO he is the best ref in the world by some way.

I'm sure he is and he will. Marvellous.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 07 May 2011, 6:25 pm

BALTIMORA wrote:
azania wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:Do you think it would be wise for Mosley to head hunt, Pacquiao, constant head movement may make it difficult for Mosley to land cleanly. Mosley go to the body. Mosley is a great body puncher and Pacquiao body has been hurt before.

Mosely shouldn't even be fighting for the title. This must be the first time we're having a world title fight where the challenger is coming off a loss and a draw in his last 2 fights. And that loss was a comprehensive beating also. When did he win his last fight?

Ages ago. Abraham will be coming off two losses when he fights Ward and his ref.

Yep. But thats a round robin tournament. I reckon the ref will win by KO in that fight.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Sat 07 May 2011, 6:26 pm

Whoa, Pacquiao gets hit in the face in a boxing match, he must be a bad boxer.

Margarito hurts Pacquaio at the end of the 6th round, and that make him bad defensively.

Maybe some of you should read what you type before posting it.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 07 May 2011, 6:28 pm

Play nice guys.

Dont make me wake Hobo up........

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 07 May 2011, 6:29 pm

angel

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Sat 07 May 2011, 6:29 pm

Mosley has a 7 in reach advantage and a 3 in heigh advantage.

How can Pacquiao get in range to get his combos off without being hit?

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sat 07 May 2011, 6:29 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:Kenny Bayless is the ref for this fight and IMO he is the best ref in the world by some way.

No-one cares. Seriously, no-one cares how much of a hard-on you have for Manny and for this fight. No-one cares how many dull, uninspiring cliches you want to churn out time after time after boring bloody time. So you and 90 million other pinoys think Manny can walk on water and fart seventy different national anthem. Guess what? That's right. No-one cares. You've made me so utterly disinterested in anything Manny Pacquiao does I couldn't be less interested if I was in a coma. Which you sometimes make me wish I was.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sat 07 May 2011, 6:30 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:Whoa, Pacquiao gets hit in the face in a boxing match, he must be a bad boxer.

Not what I said but OK then if that's the way you need to be to try and hold your own in a debate. Defence isn't Pacs strong point not even you could argue that. He can be quite easy to hit because he stands in front and trades. It's about styles D4 he doesn't have that pure boxing style.

What is wrong with saying that?
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sat 07 May 2011, 6:33 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:Whoa, Pacquiao gets hit in the face in a boxing match, he must be a bad boxer.

Margarito hurts Pacquaio at the end of the 6th round, and that make him bad defensively.

Maybe some of you should read what you type before posting it.

Why don't YOU read what YOU wrote? You said there's not much Manny does wrong (except presumably wear clothes), and I'm saying that he does plenty wrong.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 07 May 2011, 6:33 pm

Im going to merge this topic with the other fight article as they are both heading in the same direction.
Dont type anything for a minute or two or it will be lost in the space time continuum!

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 07 May 2011, 6:33 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:Mosley has a 7 in reach advantage and a 3 in heigh advantage.

How can Pacquiao get in range to get his combos off without being hit?

More importantly, Ali has an 8 inch height and 12 inch reach advantage. Who would win (with obkigatory weight stips).

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Sat 07 May 2011, 6:36 pm

Y I Man wrote:Im going to merge this topic with the other fight article as they are both heading in the same direction.
Dont type anything for a minute or two or it will be lost in the space time continuum!

Damm, lost one Sad

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sat 07 May 2011, 6:37 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:
Y I Man wrote:Im going to merge this topic with the other fight article as they are both heading in the same direction.

Damm, lost one Sad

Lost one what? Thread?

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 07 May 2011, 6:38 pm

OK gents, Ive merged the two topics, lets keep it civil. thumbsup

By all means debate the fight and everything else about it but lets keep the peace in the process please.
If you want to let some agression out, ive installed a punch bag in the pub.

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Sat 07 May 2011, 6:43 pm

prettyboykev wrote:

Not what I said but OK then if that's the way you need to be to try and hold your own in a debate. Defence isn't Pacs strong point not even you could argue that. He can be quite easy to hit because he stands in front and trades. It's about styles D4 he doesn't have that pure boxing style.

I'll try wrting this again. Smile

Pacquiao has a great defence very underrated, he just plays to his strengths, power punching, speed, and attacking flair.

Margarito could not cope with Pacquiao head movement, Cotto thew everything at him round 3 and just hit elbow and arms. Pacquiao made Hatton look silly with his counter punching while avoiding Hatton's shot at the same time, Oscar barely landed a glove on Pacquiao, because of his in and out style with the great head, body movement and the great footwork.

Pacquiao likes to put on a good show and plays to his strenghts but he can be elusive and defend when needed and has shown this many times in the past.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sat 07 May 2011, 6:46 pm

I've put £10 on Mosley to win by stoppage in rounds 4-8. 18/1 with skybet. Think Mosley knows he nees to go to Pacs body early to slow him down in case he can't KO him. Not to sure Pac will try and keep his distance from Mosley who I can see pacing himself unlike he did Floyd when he went gung ho early.

Think Pac will get dragged into a war and KOd. Sugar Shane KO7 and 180 to me Smile
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Sat 07 May 2011, 6:48 pm

I put £10 on Mosley to win 1-3 Smile 28/1

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sat 07 May 2011, 6:48 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:
prettyboykev wrote:

Pacquiao has a great defence very underrated, he just plays to his strengths, power punching, speed, and attacking flair.

Margarito could not cope with Pacquiao head movement, Cotto thew everything at him round 3 and just hit elbow and arms. Pacquiao made Hatton look silly with his counter punching while avoiding Hatton's shot at the same time, Oscar barely landed a glove on Pacquiao, because of his in and out style with the great head, body movement and the great footwork.

Pacquiao likes to put on a good show and plays to his strenghts but he can be elusive and defend when needed and has shown this many times in the past.

Of course he plays to his strengths all elite fighters do. When has he showed it in the past? Because I'm not the only one who thinks he is pretty poor defencively.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sat 07 May 2011, 6:49 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:
prettyboykev wrote:

Idiotic statement. So Pacquiao has a great defense but chooses not to use it? Well, Paulie Malignaggi has a crushing one-punch KO left hook, but he just chooses not to use it. The fact he chooses not to use his supposed great defense and suffers as a result shows a clear lack of intelligence. As you are doing.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sat 07 May 2011, 6:51 pm

BALTIMORA wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:
prettyboykev wrote:

Idiot. So Pacquiao has a great defense but chooses not to use it? Well, Paulie Malignaggi has a crushing one-punch KO left hook, but he just chooses not to use it. The fact he chooses not to use his supposed great defense and suffers as a result shows a clear lack of intelligence. As you are doing.

Paulie 'Left Hook' Malignaggi Very Happy .
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sat 07 May 2011, 6:54 pm

prettyboykev wrote:
BALTIMORA wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:
prettyboykev wrote:

Idiotic statement. So Pacquiao has a great defense but chooses not to use it? Well, Paulie Malignaggi has a crushing one-punch KO left hook, but he just chooses not to use it. The fact he chooses not to use his supposed great defense and suffers as a result shows a clear lack of intelligence. As you are doing.

Paulie 'Left Hook' Malignaggi Very Happy .

Oh yeah. He's a monster with that left when he CHOOSES to use it. 🤦

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Sat 07 May 2011, 6:58 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27NjPyoXj38

Sugar Rays say he will be watching.

I think Manny could win Strickly come dancing as well, great footwork

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Pacquiao vs Mosley: Weigh in, build up, and the fight. - Page 3 Empty Mosley will be destroyed

Post by hitmansam Sat 07 May 2011, 6:59 pm

At nearly 40-years-old and completely over-the-hill, Shane Mosley will get destroyed by Pacquiao tonight.

As a big fan over the Mosley over the years, he isn't the fighter who jumped from lightweight to welter to beat De La Hoya. I say beat 'loosely' because we know Mosley was juiced up for the rematch with Oscar.

But look, Mosley was completely outboxed by Mayweather last year and looked like he was gassed after 3 rounds!

Not to forget the draw against Mora in his last fight.

Against Pacquiao, he will be at the end of Pacquiao's superior boxing skills - much like he was against Winky Wright.

Simple conclusion; Mosley has no chance and will be destroyed.

Time for Pacquiao to take the trilogy against Manuel Marquez or otherwise agree to random drug testing with no cut-off period for Mayweather.

hitmansam

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Sat 07 May 2011, 7:04 pm

Mosley has a real chance, with his know punching power and iron chin, hand speed and has the style to cause an upset.

I'm just looking forward to a great fight, and let the best man win.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Sat 07 May 2011, 7:05 pm

He very well could be blasted out of there, i think Mayweather has a few personal problems he needs to get sorted out before negotiating to fight anyone.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Sat 07 May 2011, 7:07 pm

Who will be watching tonight anyways?

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 07 May 2011, 7:09 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:
prettyboykev wrote:

Good grief D4. You come up with more horse manure than I do. Very Happy

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sat 07 May 2011, 7:11 pm

hitmansam wrote:At nearly 40-years-old and completely over-the-hill, Shane Mosley will get destroyed by Pacquiao tonight.

As a big fan over the Mosley over the years, he isn't the fighter who jumped from lightweight to welter to beat De La Hoya. I say beat 'loosely' because we know Mosley was juiced up for the rematch with Oscar.

But look, Mosley was completely outboxed by Mayweather last year and looked like he was gassed after 3 rounds!

Against Pacquiao, he will be at the end of Pacquiao's superior boxing skills - much like he was against Winky Wright.

Time for Pacquiao to take the trilogy against Manuel Marquez or otherwise agree to random drug testing with no cut-off period for Mayweather.

Mosley needs to use his jab and excellent right hook to the body to negate Mannys hand speed and aggression. I think he will pace himself better than he did against Mayweather he was to gung ho at the start of the fight and tired early.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sat 07 May 2011, 7:13 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:Mosley has a real chance, with his know punching power and iron chin, hand speed and has the style to cause an upset.

I'm just looking forward to a great fight, and let the best man win.

Haaaaaaaahahahahahahahaahahaaaahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaahahahahaaaa! HaaaAAAHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHHAAHAHHAHhAHhHHaha!!!

Stop it now. D4 please be aware you have made me detest the very mention of the name 'Manny Pacquiao', because despite the guy's achievements he's now sadly and irrevocably synonymous first and foremost with fanatical foaming-at-the-mouth nut-huggers.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 07 May 2011, 7:13 pm

prettyboykev wrote:
hitmansam wrote:At nearly 40-years-old and completely over-the-hill, Shane Mosley will get destroyed by Pacquiao tonight.

Mosley needs to use his jab and excellent right hook to the body to negate Mannys hand speed and aggression. I think he will pace himself better than he did against Mayweather he was to gung ho at the start of the fight and tired early.

Mosely's mind will see the many openings Manny leaves. But his body will not respond quick enough to take advantage of it.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sat 07 May 2011, 7:14 pm

How elusive did Marquez find Pacquiao to be? Anyone have those stats? I'm sure coxy could furnish us with the relevant information if he were here.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Sat 07 May 2011, 7:15 pm

https://2img.net/h/i1188.photobucket.com/albums/z420/TheKza/bg.gif?t=1304790440

If you missed fight camp 360 then here is what you missed.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Sat 07 May 2011, 7:17 pm

BALTIMORA wrote:How elusive did Marquez find Pacquiao to be? Anyone have those stats? I'm sure coxy could furnish us with the relevant information if he were here.

More elusive than Mayweather vs Castillo

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sat 07 May 2011, 7:19 pm

Was that another question you couldn't answer D4? Nevermind. I'm sure you're used to it. You're slacking, you didn't even doctor some figures this time.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 07 May 2011, 7:21 pm

The real question is who has the bigger one? Judging by SSM's girlfriend, he must he doing ok to keep that hoochie happy.

But Jinkee?? Cry

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Sat 07 May 2011, 7:25 pm

BALTIMORA wrote:Was that another question you couldn't answer D4? Nevermind. I'm sure you're used to it. You're slacking, you didn't even doctor some figures this time.

Total Punches Marquez Pacquiao
Landed 172 157
Thrown 511 619
Pct. 34% 25%

Total Punches Castillo Mayweather
Landed 203 157
Thrown 506 448
Percent 40% 35%

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sat 07 May 2011, 7:25 pm

azania wrote:The real question is who has the bigger one? Judging by SSM's girlfriend, he must he doing ok to keep that hoochie happy.

But Jinkee?? Cry

Well you'd think Manny's would be massive, but as he's probably having to share it out among several...causes, perhaps Jinkee's finding herself and her lady pocket short-changed.

We're talking about wallets, right?

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Sat 07 May 2011, 7:26 pm

azania wrote:The real question is who has the bigger one? Judging by SSM's girlfriend, he must he doing ok to keep that hoochie happy.

But Jinkee?? Cry

I'll leave you to comtemplate that, I'll looking forward to seeing a great fight.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sat 07 May 2011, 7:27 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:
BALTIMORA wrote:Was that another question you couldn't answer D4? Nevermind. I'm sure you're used to it. You're slacking, you didn't even doctor some figures this time.

Total Punches Marquez Pacquiao
Landed 172 157
Thrown 511 619
Pct. 34% 25%

Total Punches Castillo Mayweather
Landed 203 157
Thrown 506 448
Percent 40% 35%

Thanks for doctoring those.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 07 May 2011, 7:29 pm

BALTIMORA wrote:

But Jinkee?? Cry

Well you'd think Manny's would be massive, but as he's probably having to share it out among several...causes, perhaps Jinkee's finding herself and her lady pocket short-changed.

We're talking about wallets, right?

Yep. Manny gives it to loads of good causes. Spreads it about a little. It sometimes self generates. But he keeps on coming and coming to fight and get more money!

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Sat 07 May 2011, 7:29 pm

40% what was Floyd doing defending with his face?

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sat 07 May 2011, 7:33 pm

D4 as you're a proven hypocrite and liar I'm afraid I just can't believe anything you bother to type. Sorry!

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Sat 07 May 2011, 7:36 pm

BALTIMORA wrote:D4 as you're a proven hypocrite and liar I'm afraid I just can't believe anything you bother to type. Sorry!

http://boxrec.com/media/index.php?title=Fight:292245

http://boxrec.com/media/index.php?title=Fight:1239916

Are you still in denial?

Yahoo

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Sat 07 May 2011, 7:43 pm

Ducking the question I see?

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next