The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pacquiao vs Mosley: Weigh in, build up, and the fight.

+12
The Galveston Giant
hitmansam
azania
Adam D
HumanWindmill
pacman79
Imperial Ghosty
Rowley
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
BALTIMORA
Liam_Main
D4thincarnation
16 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Pacquiao vs Mosley: Weigh in, build up, and the fight. - Page 4 Empty Pacquiao vs Mosley: Weigh in, build up, and the fight.

Post by D4thincarnation Fri 06 May 2011, 11:37 pm

First topic message reminder :

Ok I'll put this thread up for all the build up and the fight itself for the mega fight this weekend.

http://www.boxingscene.com/weights-manny-pacquiao-145-shane-mosley-147-more--38901

The have just had the weigh in, Manny has come in at 145lbs and Mosley bang on 147lbs and is looking in the best shape he has been in for several years.

Anybody have any thoughts on the weigh in?

When I get a link of the weigh in I'll put it up.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Pacquiao vs Mosley: Weigh in, build up, and the fight. - Page 4 Empty Re: Pacquiao vs Mosley: Weigh in, build up, and the fight.

Post by pacman79 Sat 07 May 2011, 7:45 pm

BALTIMORA wrote:How elusive did Marquez find Pacquiao to be? Anyone have those stats? I'm sure coxy could furnish us with the relevant information if he were here.

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/view.php?pg=compubox-manny-pacquiao-juan-manuel-marquez

pacman79

Back to top Go down

Pacquiao vs Mosley: Weigh in, build up, and the fight. - Page 4 Empty Re: Pacquiao vs Mosley: Weigh in, build up, and the fight.

Post by BALTIMORA Sat 07 May 2011, 7:48 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:Ducking the question I see?

No, but if you're going to take this thread off-topic by talking about Mayweather then I simply can't be bothered with replying. Ta ra, loser.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Sat 07 May 2011, 7:50 pm

BALTIMORA wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:Ducking the question I see?

No, but if you're going to take this thread off-topic by talking about Mayweather then I simply can't be bothered with replying. Ta ra, loser.

Serrious question Balti, will you be watching the fight tonight?

If you are, enjoy.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sat 07 May 2011, 7:54 pm

azania wrote:
prettyboykev wrote:
hitmansam wrote:At nearly 40-years-old and completely over-the-hill, Shane Mosley will get destroyed by Pacquiao tonight.

As a big fan over the Mosley over the years, he isn't the fighter who jumped from lightweight to welter to beat De La Hoya. I say beat 'loosely' because we know Mosley was juiced up for the rematch with Oscar.

But look, Mosley was completely outboxed by Mayweather last year and looked like he was gassed after 3 rounds!

Not to forget the draw against Mora in his last fight.

Against Pacquiao, he will be at the end of Pacquiao's superior boxing skills - much like he was against Winky Wright.

Simple conclusion; Mosley has no chance and will be destroyed.

Time for Pacquiao to take the trilogy against Manuel Marquez or otherwise agree to random drug testing with no cut-off period for Mayweather.

Mosley needs to use his jab and excellent right hook to the body to negate Mannys hand speed and aggression. I think he will pace himself better than he did against Mayweather he was to gung ho at the start of the fight and tired early.

Mosely's mind will see the many openings Manny leaves. But his body will not respond quick enough to take advantage of it.

Az their was a thread the other day about style changers I think Shane might have been working on the fact he doesn't have the speed anymore. Naz is a good trainer think he will have been working on the jab followed by a right hook to the body. I honestly believe if Mosley sticks to that and not trying to make it a scrap he has a better chance. Pac is just to quick for Mosley to fight. He has the height and reach advantage he should use it.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sat 07 May 2011, 7:56 pm

BALTIMORA wrote:No, because I have a Mrs to shag. I'd explain that concept to you but I haven't the patience.

I've got some drink to consume and a fiance to watch TV with later once my ickle one is in bed

Instead of all that I wish I had some Manny posters to stare at with a pack of kleenex at the ready

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sat 07 May 2011, 8:06 pm

The Mighty Atom wrote:
BALTIMORA wrote:No, because I have a Mrs to shag. I'd explain that concept to you but I haven't the patience.

I've got some drink to consume and a fiance to watch TV with later once my ickle one is in bed

Instead of all that I wish I had some Manny posters to stare at with a pack of kleenex at the ready

We just have to struggle on eh?

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 07 May 2011, 9:10 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:
Y I Man wrote:How do you see the fight going down D4?
I know you will be supporting Manny, but look at it from a neutral's point of view. How do you honestly see it?

Mosley is a huge puncher, he will hit Pacquiao harder than he has hit before, he also has an iron chin and good hand speed.

Mosley doesn't move around has well and not as technically gifted as Pacquiao or has his phenomal work rate.

Mosley loves fighters that come to him and when they do he beats them, so I would expect Pacquiao to hit and move till the 2nd half of the fight.

But if he goes on the attack it will turn into a war, neither man like taking a back step and Mosley has a real chance of a KO.

But when the leather is flying there is no one better than picking a punch than Pacquiao, if he can stop Mosley it will be a huge statement.

I initially though Pacquiao sets a high pace out works Mosley and then moves in for the kill 7-8th round.

But if Pacquiao does take the fight to him early anything could happen.

Exactly how I see it D4.

When the fight was made it was derided by many but seems to have picked up real enthusiasm as the opening bell draws closer. I read an article in the Telegraph saying how Vegas is busier now for this than compared to when Hatton brought the Manc army.

Using the old cliche of styles making fights, this has real potential to be a war and could play right into Mosely's hands. Should be a fun watch.

PacMan to win on points by me, by 3 or 4 rounds leaving him open a world of criticism and put downs in comparison to Floyds massive UD.

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Sat 07 May 2011, 9:20 pm

What time is the fight due to start?

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 07 May 2011, 9:27 pm

The Manny fight is about 3.45am Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Sat 07 May 2011, 9:29 pm

Shame - but I guessed it would be that late. I'll be up again not long after it's finished!

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Sat 07 May 2011, 10:08 pm

Davie wrote:Shame - but I guessed it would be that late. I'll be up again not long after it's finished!

The fight could start as late as 4:30 am. Just wake up early and you can catch it.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 07 May 2011, 10:12 pm

Im crashing now guys, play nice.
I will be up for the Manny fight and the Chat Box will be on for it.
Hope to see you all there thumbsup

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Sat 07 May 2011, 10:14 pm

Y I Man wrote:Im crashing now guys, play nice.
I will be up for the Manny fight and the Chat Box will be on for it.
Hope to see you all there thumbsup

See you in 5

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sat 07 May 2011, 10:19 pm

How do you get on chat box?

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Sat 07 May 2011, 10:32 pm

The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Pacquiao vs Mosley: Weigh in, build up, and the fight. - Page 4 Empty Manny Pacquiao involved in a car accident hours before the fight with Mosley!!!!!

Post by D4thincarnation Sat 07 May 2011, 11:06 pm

Hold the back page.

Early reports that they are no serrious injuries but will this car accident affect Pacquiao.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Sat 07 May 2011, 11:07 pm

http://www.tmz.com/2011/05/07/manny-pacquiao-car-accident-boxing-las-vegas-shane-moseley/

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sat 07 May 2011, 11:08 pm

I don't think so or it would be posponed. I still think manny can win and win easily.

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Sat 07 May 2011, 11:10 pm

Don't think it's serious enough to affect him. If it was i hope he would be smart enough to postpone.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Sat 07 May 2011, 11:12 pm

Sources close to Pacquiao tell TMZ he was traveling in a fleet of cars after church today, when one of Manny's security vehicles collided with the car carrying Manny.

We're told Pacquiao is back at his hotel now, where his trainer, Freddie Roach, checked him out. According to our source, Pacquiao is just a little shaken up ... but he's okay to go for tonight.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Sat 07 May 2011, 11:14 pm

http://www.gossipcop.com/manny-pacquiao-car-accident-may-7-crash-injured-shane-mosley/

Reportedly, the boxer was shaken up but not seriously injured.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Sat 07 May 2011, 11:33 pm

Oh good god, he's had a very VERY minor ding. Nothing more. No-one cares. It'll still be a one sided massacre.

And you seem to ignore the fact that he'll be checked by a doctor beforehand and if anything was amiss he wouldn't be allowed to fight.

It was a small ding. Nothing more.

Last edited by Hero on Sun 08 May 2011, 8:32 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Cut out the personal insults Coxy, state your point but refrain from making it personal.)

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Sun 08 May 2011, 12:17 am

I'm going off for a bit now myself. Maybe catch an hour or two before tonight's big fight.

See you then. thumbsup

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 08 May 2011, 12:39 am

Why was he doing the school run so close to the fight? The little guy is just crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sun 08 May 2011, 12:41 am

DAVE667 wrote:Why was he doing the school run so close to the fight? The little guy is just crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On a Saturday, no less.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 08 May 2011, 12:44 am

It's irresponsible and I have no sympathy for the lad!

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sun 08 May 2011, 12:47 am

Least he'll have an excuse if he loses.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Sun 08 May 2011, 12:54 am

Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children!!!!!!

How are they gonna get to school?!

Suppose they can learn to box, learn a tight defence but not use it and learn the art if draining a man
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4