The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are these Warm up games. Doing the Lions any good??

+21
Cyril
George Carlin
MMaaxx
nganboy
Intotouch
HammerofThunor
kiakahaaotearoa
SecretFly
sensisball
glamorganalun
broadlandboy
Taylorman
LondonTiger
maestegmafia
aucklandlaurie
thebluesmancometh
hodge
GavinDragon
Biltong
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
majesticimperialman
25 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Are these Warm up games. Doing the Lions any good?? - Page 2 Empty Are these Warm up games. Doing the Lions any good??

Post by majesticimperialman Wed 05 Jun 2013, 10:26 pm

First topic message reminder :

Like the title says. Are these warm up game/s doing the Lions any good? Watched to days game when i got home from work, and apart from the first 20 minutes it looked more like men v boys. yes there was some good moves, some good trys. And Halfpenny's kicking at goal was fantastic.

But are these games giving the Lions false hope?

Discuss.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Are these Warm up games. Doing the Lions any good?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are these Warm up games. Doing the Lions any good??

Post by SecretFly Wed 12 Jun 2013, 12:15 pm

Right now they've got it the wrong way round.  They're using their select bunch for the fiddle-dee-idlee games - risking injury and getting some.  They'll be down to their cannon-fodder players for the tests.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Are these Warm up games. Doing the Lions any good?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are these Warm up games. Doing the Lions any good??

Post by Cyril Wed 12 Jun 2013, 12:18 pm

I can imagine a few twinges coming on before the 'gentle' games. You know, the short-term twinge that is fine again as you help your team-mates drink their post-match pint through a straw.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Wed 12 Jun 2013, 12:27 pm

I used to get that twinge when playing Cyril; seemed to come on quite acute whenever an 18 stone 2nd row broke from a line out and ran at me as the last line of defence. Damn inconvenient time for it to kick in but hey ho Winkthumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Wed 12 Jun 2013, 12:33 pm

So you admit to the existence of dirt trackers after all Secret. Very Happy

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by WELL-PAST-IT Wed 12 Jun 2013, 12:43 pm

Any decent side can play great looking rugby when the opposition does not pressure the half backs, follow kicks up in ones and twos and are so slow in their line speed that the lions backs could have played a game of tiddlywinks before they were challenged.

They have had one game in which they were faced with decent opposition and then with half their main players out. They were outscored 2 to 1 and the 1 was from a mistake.

I think they are definitely undercooked having had three training sessions rather than games.

We have too many players likely to get picked who are not fully match fit and a coach who is likely to ignore their fitness issues out of loyalty.

I sincerely hope that I am wrong, but I have a bad feeling about the first test anyway.

Luckily the Aussie side is likely to be similarly short of sharpness.
WELL-PAST-IT
WELL-PAST-IT

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Wed 12 Jun 2013, 12:46 pm

10to15 wrote:Why not give the polynesian islands a bit of a boost, let the Lions play a South Sea Barbarians side, 2 games maybe in Perth with all proceeds going to the islands federations, surely they would give the Liions a better game than the 2nd teams the Aussies have been turning out

Welcome to these boards 10to15.OK

Can I ask what your username relates to? I am presuming it relates to what score you would give Sergio Parisse's wife out of 10.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Wed 12 Jun 2013, 12:48 pm

It's the number of players teams can choose to use on a rugby field. Whistle

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 12 Jun 2013, 1:21 pm

kiakahaaotearoa wrote:So you admit to the existence of dirt trackers after all Secret. Very Happy

I guess I do kia.  And the amazing thing is that every one of them is either Welsh, English or Scottish Wink  It's jus the way these things pan out - coincidence.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Wed 12 Jun 2013, 1:43 pm

Name and shame them. I promise I won't tell. angel

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy's Complaint Wed 12 Jun 2013, 4:00 pm

We have the dirt-trackers,kia.
You have more than a full complement of dirty diggers.

Portnoy's Complaint

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 12 Jun 2013, 4:02 pm

Let's not get too dirty here guys Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Wed 12 Jun 2013, 4:22 pm

Diggers is an Australian term grey tiger and is an affectionate term. Many in Oz thought the Kayne West song was a love song written for David Pocock.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2