The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quins will get hammered in the HC next season

+17
Ozzy3213
formerly known as Sam
HongKongCherry
yappysnap
beshocked
LondonTiger
ChequeredJersey
Jhamer25
Biltong
Jenifer McLadyboy
St John The Enforcer
Portnoy's Complaint
red_stag
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
tigerleghorn
Artful_Dodger
logansrun38
21 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Quins will get hammered in the HC next season Empty Quins will get hammered in the HC next season

Post by logansrun38 Fri 07 Jun 2013, 3:34 pm

Oh dear, looks like midtable looms in the AP and utter humiliation in the HC.

Pathetic

logansrun38

Back to top Go down

Quins will get hammered in the HC next season Empty Re: Quins will get hammered in the HC next season

Post by Artful_Dodger Fri 07 Jun 2013, 3:38 pm

Its posts like this which offer up an unprecedented level of intellect, thoughtful debate and rugby knowledge that make me love this forum.

Not.....

Artful_Dodger

Back to top Go down

Quins will get hammered in the HC next season Empty Re: Quins will get hammered in the HC next season

Post by logansrun38 Fri 07 Jun 2013, 3:39 pm

In what way I am wrong?

logansrun38

Back to top Go down

Post by tigerleghorn Fri 07 Jun 2013, 3:47 pm

I blame the parents!

tigerleghorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Fri 07 Jun 2013, 3:56 pm

logansrun38 wrote:In what way I am wrong?

Hmmm, let's see, you posted your conclusions in a deliberately antagonistic tone, and completely failed to offer up any supporting evidence to back up your argument.

That'd be an 'F' in Article Writing 101. Though it might get you a job at the Daily Mail.

Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by logansrun38 Fri 07 Jun 2013, 3:59 pm

you clearly didnt watch them play last season.

logansrun38

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Fri 07 Jun 2013, 4:02 pm

Logan,

Explain why you think Quins will go from 3rd to midtable in the Premiership and why they will be humiliated in Europe.

Then people will take you seriously.

As it stands, I'm not sure anyone has any food for you Mr Troll. You'll have to fish somewhere else.
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Fri 07 Jun 2013, 4:03 pm

logansrun38 wrote:you clearly didnt watch them play last season.

Now if you'd written a post suggesting that their late season form wasn't great, that they've lost some good players and not recruited as well as some leading into a conclusion about their likely prospects next season people might have actually responded sensibly.
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy's Complaint Fri 07 Jun 2013, 4:03 pm

logansrun38 wrote:you clearly didnt watch them play last season.

Did you?

The Quins had a fine season up until the fag-end.

Canute!

Portnoy's Complaint

Back to top Go down

Post by tigerleghorn Fri 07 Jun 2013, 4:06 pm

Will they be lucky enough not to see you next season?...Honestly, former Champs with an excellent coach and set up who fell just short in this seasons major comps. You need to follow Toulon, I hear they win everything

tigerleghorn

Back to top Go down

Post by St John The Enforcer Fri 07 Jun 2013, 4:41 pm

Wow! Removed my comment about the OP being a teenager indulging in teenagerly pursuits?

A touch overzealous perhaps given the nature of the thread?

St John The Enforcer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Fri 07 Jun 2013, 4:55 pm

St John The Enforcer wrote:Wow! Removed my comment about the OP being a teenager indulging in teenagerly pursuits?

I laughed while removing it John - check your PMs

Oh blast. Sorry John, I PM'd you but my browser crashed after I hit send, looks like it didn't send. Will re-type shortly Doh
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by tigerleghorn Fri 07 Jun 2013, 4:59 pm

Pete C (Kiwireddevil) wrote:
St John The Enforcer wrote:Wow! Removed my comment about the OP being a teenager indulging in teenagerly pursuits?

I laughed while removing it John - check your PMs

Oh blast. Sorry John, I PM'd you but my browser crashed after I hit send, looks like it didn't send. Will re-type shortly Doh

Yeah, John's "No holds" retort made I larf too!

tigerleghorn

Back to top Go down

Post by tigerleghorn Fri 07 Jun 2013, 5:00 pm

Perhaps your reference to the OP "Relaxing in a gentlemanly fashion" was a step too far the Mods John!

tigerleghorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Fri 07 Jun 2013, 5:38 pm

You lads behave yourselves or I will take my belt off to yiz.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by tigerleghorn Fri 07 Jun 2013, 6:11 pm

Oooh, Matron!!

tigerleghorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Fri 07 Jun 2013, 6:13 pm

Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:You lads behave yourselves or I will take my belt off to yiz.
reminds me of the joke about the difference between kinky and perverse. Whistle
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Jhamer25 Fri 07 Jun 2013, 6:14 pm

God, If Quins get smashed what's going to happen to us (Scarlets) Crying or Very sad

Jhamer25

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Fri 07 Jun 2013, 7:00 pm

We'll see Cool

However, if we do, then we've had worse- Relegation and Bloodgate whilst I've been a supporter.

If we somehow top the group, however, it will be an incredible feat, and we will all happily invite you back on here to squirm. The choice to come on here unprovoked and attack a Club with no reasoning and without actually saying anything positive about anyone is an odd one though, I'm not sure I will be viewing any more of your posts thumbsup
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Fri 07 Jun 2013, 7:17 pm

Well they do drink a lot of champagne down at the Stoop.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by logansrun38 Mon 10 Jun 2013, 5:11 pm

I supported Quins for nearly 20 years until last season. They were awful on and off the pitch and the hike in season ticket prices wrapped up in some new membership waffle was the final straw.

Why pay more to watch a team go backwards? Thre has been no investment in a very limited squad that cant front up at the best of times and can only run aroud like headless chickens with any real aplomb.

O'Shea can quote Bill Walsh all he wants but he hasnt got a clue what 'the score takes care of itself' means. They guy is a cretin and the sooner he takes the Ireland job the better. I, for one dont fancy watching Quins spend an entire game trying (and failing) to run the ball from own 22 when a simple kick would do.

Quins got lucky in 2011/12; found out in 2012/13 and will be relegation fodder again in a couple of seasons.

logansrun38

Back to top Go down

Post by tigerleghorn Mon 10 Jun 2013, 5:21 pm

logansrun38 wrote:I supported Quins for nearly 20 years until last season. They were awful on and off the pitch and the hike in season ticket prices wrapped up in some new membership waffle was the final straw.

Why pay more to watch a team go backwards? Thre has been no investment in a very limited squad that cant front up at the best of times and can only run aroud like headless chickens with any real aplomb.

O'Shea can quote Bill Walsh all he wants but he hasnt got a clue what 'the score takes care of itself' means. They guy is a cretin and the sooner he takes the Ireland job the better. I, for one dont fancy watching Quins spend an entire game trying (and failing) to run the ball from own 22 when a simple kick would do.

Quins got lucky in 2011/12; found out in 2012/13 and will be relegation fodder again in a couple of seasons.

You'll be sorely missed down at The Stoop next season that's for sure.

I can't quite understand how, if you've followed them for 20 years you've chosen this season to give up on them. The year they were relegated you stood by them, cheering them unreservedly back to the Prem. They must have made you ecstatic when they beat Tigers in the play-off final only to shatter your dreams by only making the semi's the next season.......unbelievable picard

tigerleghorn

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Mon 10 Jun 2013, 5:30 pm

Ah Logan, you must be one of those Quins fans who sold their tickets to us Munster folk Very Happy

Apart from Saracens no team won more games than them in the league. Not a bad season at all. Apart from losing to Munster (there's no shame in that OK ) they actually had a decent Heineken Cup campaign too with a 6/6 in the pool stages.

I could understand you'd like to see more big name investment and less reliance on bringing through young players but Quins are actually ensuring their long term stability.

I don't see what the issue is:

2013 - Wins Anglo-Welsh Cup
2012 - Wins Premiership
2011 - Wins Amlin Cup

Ensuring a club doesn't go trophyless is important. You have a great coach. thumbsup
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by logansrun38 Mon 10 Jun 2013, 5:32 pm

Our HC pool was a joke. 2 teams that shouldnt be in the HC and one well past its sell by date.

logansrun38

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Mon 10 Jun 2013, 5:35 pm

logansrun38 wrote:Our HC pool was a joke. 2 teams that shouldnt be in the HC and one well past its sell by date.

Connacht were not past their sell by date.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Mon 10 Jun 2013, 5:36 pm

I could be wrong of course. But I'm guessing Logan was in the womb 20 years ago at best. Possibly just a cheeky smile at that point. Smile

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Mon 10 Jun 2013, 5:39 pm

Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:I could be wrong of course. But I'm guessing Logan was in the womb 20 years ago at best. Possibly just a cheeky smile at that point. Smile

Nah that has middle aged stressed syndrome written all over it. The writings of a failed artist, journalist, novelist, rugby player, dancer etc. Very Happy
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Mon 10 Jun 2013, 6:11 pm

Gents, I know you're bantering but please remember to debate the post not the poster. Logan's OP may have been a little lacking in depth, but at least he's come back to explain how he feels

Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Mon 10 Jun 2013, 6:40 pm

Ok. if we are being all touchy feely.......

Don't get too downhearted Logan mate. Your team will come good again just like they did before. Bit soon to tell if COS is just smoke and mirrors, but he may well not be.

Silverware every season is fairly decent. Even if this season's cup was not as impressive as the previous one.

We are all going to be trotting behind the big budgets of the French teams.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Mon 10 Jun 2013, 6:41 pm

Is that better? Cause if not I have a speech about "your team always being your team" no matter how sh1t they get

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Mon 10 Jun 2013, 6:46 pm

We played some decent teams this year, including a trip to the new HEC Champions. The best performance I saw against us was when Quins visited Welford Road during the regular season. A supreme performance by them, they totally and utterly dominated us.

I guess that means we are rubbish too.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Mon 10 Jun 2013, 8:55 pm

There have been a few of these (well, 2) on Comeallwithin. Feel free to go support Sarries, logan, I see they've won a lot this season...

(beshocked, don't take offence at this, I mean Sarries fans no harm)
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy's Complaint Mon 10 Jun 2013, 10:42 pm

Can you switch the off button on being a fan?
After 20 years?

I can't believe that any sports fan could change their fundamental allegiance on the basis of one year of relative failure but in truth absolute success.

Of course any number of economic, social, domestic, medical or geographical reasons might prevent a fan from attending games.

But stop supporting? I don't know...

Maybe some 40+ Welshmen can tell us how their true allegiances have fundamentally changed post-professionalism.

Portnoy's Complaint

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Tue 11 Jun 2013, 2:11 pm

loganruns38 is obviously exaggerating greatly but he does make some interesting points.

Quins' HC pool last season was weak which led them to be undercooked against a Munster side who basically had home advantage in the quarter finals.

red stag I think logan is referring to Biarritz as the team past their sell by date.

Quins have not invested enough for next season in terms of new personnel in my opinion.

Quins should still have a good season. They are a good side but I don't think they'll be noticeably stronger next season.

The same could be said of Saints for example who are losing key players in the frontrow.

Bath in particular with their new recruits will look to challenge the top 4. I also expect Gloucester to do the same.

Chequeredjersey perhaps logansrun has been to too many Quins vs Saracens games in the last few years which lead to his gloomy mood.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Tue 11 Jun 2013, 2:21 pm

beshocked wrote:loganruns38 is obviously exaggerating greatly but he does make some interesting points.

Quins' HC pool last season was weak which led them to be undercooked against a Munster side who basically had home advantage in the quarter finals.

red stag I think logan is referring to Biarritz as the team past their sell by date.

Quins have not invested enough for next season in terms of new personnel in my opinion.

Quins should still have a good season. They are a good side but I don't think they'll be noticeably stronger next season.

The same could be said of Saints for example who are losing key players in the frontrow.

Bath in particular with their new recruits will look to challenge the top 4. I also expect Gloucester to do the same.

Chequeredjersey perhaps logansrun has been to too many Quins vs Saracens games in the last few years which lead to his gloomy mood.

The only Sarries Quins game I've been to in the past 2 seasons went pretty well, thank you!

I agree that we need some more players in, but as our recent success, such as it is, has been built on the youth that was developed by playing our youngsters through hard times, I think COS is very intelligently looking to or future, not just to the present like many teams like the French League etc. I don'\t expect us to win anything next year but we will there or thereabouts and we will finish top 4. I don't know what unrealistic aspirations logansrun had, especially after our recent history, but by most teams' standards and considering our personnel and the fact that we all thought we'd struggle last season, we had an excellent season. If we hadn't been doing so well by the halfway point, maybe there wouldn't be so many of us disappointed by our own self-deception.

No way we won't win a game in Europe though, and as for mid-table, I doubt it. But if it happens, we'll deal with it. We've death with worse
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Tue 11 Jun 2013, 3:03 pm

Chequeredjersey I am not saying that you shouldn't focus on youth. Just that a quality replacement for James Johnston I thought would have been a priority.Sorry but I don't think Paul Doran Jones counts!

Plus recruitment in other areas like some more power in the 2nd row and a bit more depth is needed in my opinion.

5 players have left and only 1 is coming in.

Pretty much every other side is far busier in the transfer market.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Tue 11 Jun 2013, 3:08 pm

I completely agree and I really hope we do bring in at least 3 new players, at lock, a finisher in the backs and I would like another prop too. The Summer isn't over, maybe COS is looking to see if anyone inspires him on the Summer tours? Surely Samoa must have some players we could nick?
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Tue 11 Jun 2013, 3:12 pm

Paulo from the Blues looks good
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by logansrun38 Tue 11 Jun 2013, 3:47 pm

Quins will certainly be the jesters next season!!

logansrun38

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Tue 11 Jun 2013, 3:57 pm

Just a point on buying in players, we won the league on the back of home grown talent. Now we probably honestly never believed that we'd win the Prem in the first season of trying, but we did and we did that through strong academy players stepping up and a couple of NEQ. Now I don't understand why we'd try to get into a bidding war to do that again when that's just not viable for a club that wants to be self sustaining

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Tue 11 Jun 2013, 3:59 pm

And perhaps there really aren't the quality players out there to sign?I assume the coaches don't just want any old average journeyman.

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by logansrun38 Tue 11 Jun 2013, 4:01 pm

a lot the academy players arent good enough. Lambert, JTH, Lowe, Robson, Chisholm, Smith, Matthews are all destined to be nothing but average journeymen.

Wallace and Buchanan look good and Sinkler and Clifford might be in a few years.

logansrun38

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Tue 11 Jun 2013, 4:01 pm

Logan - whats your prediction for Quins next season.

League: Will they make playoffs?

Heineken Cup: Will they make it out of their group?
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by logansrun38 Tue 11 Jun 2013, 4:02 pm

Mid table - 6th at best. Might be Scarlets at home but thats it. Clermont and Racing will put a cricket score on Quins.

logansrun38

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Tue 11 Jun 2013, 4:16 pm

logansrun38 wrote:a lot the academy players arent good enough. Lambert, JTH, Lowe, Robson, Chisholm, Smith, Matthews are all destined to be nothing but average journeymen.

Wallace and Buchanan look good and Sinkler and Clifford might be in a few years.

Robson and JTH and Lambert and Smith I'd agree will never be more than (very good) Club players, but then at least they won't get called up. Lowe is better than that though I doubt he'll ever overtake Manu. Matthews will play for England and start there in 5 years time. Chisholm has the potential to be better than Brown. I'm just holding out for 18 years time when Harry Evans pulls on the Jersey Wink
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Tue 11 Jun 2013, 4:17 pm

logansrun38 wrote:Mid table - 6th at best. Might be Scarlets at home but thats it. Clermont and Racing will put a cricket score on Quins.

Really??? Tell you what if that happens I will take my hat off to your rugby foresight but I just don't see it.

For me Quins are in a great position to get out of the group. Scarlets are good but beatable. French teams do not travel well and Quins can beat them both in the Stoop. Racing are a very new team - lots of new players who are tired after Lions (Lydiate, Roberts, Sexton) with a completely new coaching team. They can be caught out easily as they struggle to gel and prioritise the French league. I'd expect Quins to realistically be getting 4/6 wins.

As for the league 6th at best is a big big prediction. I don't think that Exeter, Glaws or Wasps have recruited well enough to bridge that gap. Bath have made some good signings but thats a huge climb for them to make.

My prediction is them to finish 3rd or maybe 4th in the league. Little change from this year.

Last edited by red_stag on Tue 11 Jun 2013, 4:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Tue 11 Jun 2013, 4:18 pm

logansrun38 wrote:Mid table - 6th at best. Might be Scarlets at home but thats it. Clermont and Racing will put a cricket score on Quins.

Let's bookmark this post and come back to it in 10 months time
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by HongKongCherry Tue 11 Jun 2013, 4:34 pm

ChequeredJersey wrote:

Let's bookmark this post and come back to it in 10 months time

Logan, you'll be proved to be either: a soothsayer foreseeing a drop in fortunes no one else has; a miserable so and so; a WUM.

There is no doubt Quins weren't as good last year, but for me that was due to being a victim of their own success with the number of call ups; the injuries to the centre partnerships; and Nev having a rather average season by his standards. Ultimately though there are probably 9 teams in the Jeff who'd give their eye teeth to be in Quins position.
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by logansrun38 Tue 11 Jun 2013, 8:43 pm

I doubt it because at least 5 teams will finish above them.

logansrun38

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Tue 11 Jun 2013, 8:49 pm

He probably meant right now, when we came 3rd? Losing in the playoffs to the winners? And were one of only 2 British Clubs to come back with Silverware?
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next