The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quins will get hammered in the HC next season

+17
Ozzy3213
formerly known as Sam
HongKongCherry
yappysnap
beshocked
LondonTiger
ChequeredJersey
Jhamer25
Biltong
Jenifer McLadyboy
St John The Enforcer
Portnoy's Complaint
red_stag
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
tigerleghorn
Artful_Dodger
logansrun38
21 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Quins will get hammered in the HC next season - Page 3 Empty Quins will get hammered in the HC next season

Post by logansrun38 Fri 07 Jun 2013, 3:34 pm

First topic message reminder :

Oh dear, looks like midtable looms in the AP and utter humiliation in the HC.

Pathetic

logansrun38

Back to top Go down

Quins will get hammered in the HC next season - Page 3 Empty Re: Quins will get hammered in the HC next season

Post by logansrun38 Fri 21 Jun 2013, 4:35 pm

we dont have the squad to challenge for anything bar the LV and A league.

The HC will be embarrassing.

logansrun38

Back to top Go down

Quins will get hammered in the HC next season - Page 3 Empty Re: Quins will get hammered in the HC next season

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Fri 21 Jun 2013, 4:56 pm

logansrun38 wrote:In my opinion we don't have the squad to challenge for anything bar the LV and A league. (but I could be wrong and I hope I am)

I am such a negative naysayer that I feel the HC will be embarrassing. If I could talk the team down with my posts or deliver a pre match speetch to them before each game, I could help ensure my predictions would come true. But as that is unlikely I will just have to come on here and wind everyone up.
Ah Jaysis. Don't be so hard on yourself. I'm sure you are great crack down the pub, and this is just an experiment to try and bring out positive posts from fellow Quins fans.
Smile

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Fri 21 Jun 2013, 5:05 pm

I can't help but notice neither HSBC nor Nicksb have posted on CAW.com since March...
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by logansrun38 Fri 21 Jun 2013, 5:15 pm

Not winding eveyone up. In fact, I cant wait to come on here next season when Quins get hammered and say 'I told you so.'

Im sure you will have some great excuses like 'we played well for 60 mins' or 'it was the ref's fault.'

Simple fact is that Quins arent good enough

logansrun38

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Fri 21 Jun 2013, 5:23 pm

Fair enough, does that mean we get to do the opposite if/when the opposite occurs? Of course, many would say that being entirely negative (doing the opposite of supporting any team) and then coming to gloat about what seems to be your own team's failure (if it were to happen) would be utterly pathetic
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Sun 23 Jun 2013, 9:08 am

Chequered it's a valiant battle you're fighting but I can't see you ever changing this guys (foolish, delusional and utterly wrong) mind.

Some people are beyond help.

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Mon 24 Jun 2013, 6:53 am

logansrun38 wrote:Not winding eveyone up. In fact, I cant wait to come on here next season when Quins get hammered and say 'I told you so.'

Im sure you will have some great excuses like 'we played well for 60 mins' or 'it was the ref's fault.'

Simple fact is that Quins arent good enough

Quins may struggle next year, we shall all see. Your assertion they were poor last season is palpably incorrect, and your desire to gloat in their potential failings and jump ship suggests you are not the 20 year fan you claim.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Mon 24 Jun 2013, 7:43 am

Quins may not win a trophy next season, but as long as we keep building the foundation's I won't mind.

Next season will be about sorting the centres, back three, back row and tighthead. Oh and giving Botica more game time.

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Mon 24 Jun 2013, 8:00 am

By the end of the season, Evans, Easter and Maurie need to have been phased out of the starting lineup really.

I would rather be in Quins situation where they are a sustainable business and build organically rather than reliant on a single funder who provides the cash to buy in young talent.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Mon 24 Jun 2013, 8:54 am

That's what I was think LT, although I'm hoping that Nev can have a renaissance now that he's got his new contract out the way.

As much as I like our sustainable slow growth colture I can't help but be envious of teams like Saints with their exciting high profile transfers

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Mon 24 Jun 2013, 9:13 am

Saints squad depth is still potentially an issue.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Mon 24 Jun 2013, 10:34 am

LondonTiger wrote:By the end of the season, Evans, Easter and Maurie need to have been phased out of the starting lineup really.

I would rather be in Quins situation where they are a sustainable business and build organically rather than reliant on a single funder who provides the cash to buy in young talent.
I would say Exeter fit the build organically bill more.  Even they have brought in players.

Speak for yourself LondonTiger. I would rather be looking at a squad that looks stronger due to new signings. I want to feel confident that my team can do better than last year.

Quins so far have made only one signing (not even a particularly good one). I am not saying you need to go crazy but even if you dipped into the Championship that would be better than signing just one player.

Yappysnap how exactly do you plan to sort out those area?

Perhaps Logansrun meant he is a 20 year old fan.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Mon 24 Jun 2013, 11:15 am

beshocked wrote:
LondonTiger wrote:By the end of the season, Evans, Easter and Maurie need to have been phased out of the starting lineup really.

I would say Exeter fit the build organically bill more.  Even they have brought in players.

Speak for yourself LondonTiger. I would rather be looking at a squad that looks stronger due to new signings. I want to feel confident that my team can do better than last year.

Quins so far have made only one signing (not even a particularly good one). I am not saying you need to go crazy but even if you dipped into the Championship that would be better than signing just one player.

Yappysnap how exactly do you plan to sort out those area?

Perhaps Logansrun meant he is a 20 year old fan.

I'm hoping we still sign a couple of players, forwards preferably. Botica was better than Nev most of last season anyway and will continue to grow. We need to keep bringing through the likes of Sinckler, Walker etc because they will be starters and stars in a few years. It's a fine balancing act between now and the future. I'm not sure how to do that, if I thought I could do a better job than Connor I might be whining, like logan who obviously doesn't rate O'Shea, presumably due to his own top level coaching experience and achievements which must be vast considering his attitude and sense of entitlement. But I don't think I can and I have faith in our manager whom I think managed to deal with what we knew was going to be a tough season reasonably well
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Mon 24 Jun 2013, 11:20 am

Beshocked,

As say a Bath fan, I would be pleased we have made a lot of new signings, but anxious it could all go jubblies up should the owner depart for any reason. In the end I am with my club through thick and thin, and yes it has been mainly thick, and want to believe they will still exist when I am older and greyer. This over-rides any short term glory.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Mon 24 Jun 2013, 11:24 am

ChequeredJersey can't say your HC pool was particularly tough.

Agree about Botica, he's been good for you. Nick Evans better get his mojo back.

I just think there's over reliance on your academy. It's a balancing act - something I think Tigers and Sarries are doing a bit better.

Look at Tigers for example - they brought in injury ravaged Tait and now he's their first choice full back and playing well - what a turnaround. Similar success with Mulipola too.

Are you confident for next season? Be honest.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Mon 24 Jun 2013, 11:33 am

beshocked wrote:ChequeredJersey can't say your HC pool was particularly tough.

Agree about Botica, he's been good for you. Nick Evans better get his mojo back.

I just think there's over reliance on your academy. It's a balancing act - something I think Tigers and Sarries are doing a bit better.

Look at Tigers for example - they brought in injury ravaged Tait and now he's their first choice full back and playing well - what a turnaround. Similar success with Mulipola too.

Are you confident for next season? Be honest.

I don't think we will win anything next season, but as long as we make top 4 and learn more from our HEC group I will be happy. We don't have the resources or experience to become Tigers overnight, and I prefer to slowly build ourselves into perennial contenders on all fronts rather than going for broke next season. Dynasties are formed over a number of years . However, if we get a good run going next year we could easily win silverware too and that would be a great bonus.

I also assume there is a reason we haven't been signing huge names etc. I presume we cannot afford it, and all the signings that O'Shea has made have been great value for money.

What was hard about last year was fighting on 3 fronts (despite the admittedly easy group) with our smallish and young squad. We did so reasonably well and our young players will have learned a lot and hopefully will cope even better this year. We also knew we would struggle with tiredness etc losing our best players to England. Every Quins fan I know said it would be a hard season beforehand and ending up in the top 4 and improving on Europe would be a decent return before the season started. Why we should move the goal-posts retrospectively just because we were doing well in terms of results part way through I have no idea. We all expected it, except apparently logan. We all said we'd be fine with it. To then not be fine with it would be ridiculous
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by thomh Mon 24 Jun 2013, 11:42 am

red_stag wrote:Ah Logan, you must be one of those Quins fans who sold their tickets to us Munster folk  Very Happy

Apart from Saracens no team won more games than them in the league. Not a bad season at all. Apart from losing to Munster (there's no shame in that  OK ) they actually had a decent Heineken Cup campaign too with a 6/6 in the pool stages.

I could understand you'd like to see more big name investment and less reliance on bringing through young players but Quins are actually ensuring their long term stability.

I don't see what the issue is:

2013 - Wins Anglo-Welsh Cup
2012 - Wins Premiership
2011 - Wins Amlin Cup

Ensuring a club doesn't go trophyless is important. You have a great coach.  thumbsup

Add the A-League to that. Not such an important trophy on its own, but having the best development squad around is a good response to the claim that the team is going downhill

thomh

Back to top Go down

Post by HongKongCherry Mon 24 Jun 2013, 12:37 pm

As well as a further argument to retain a season ticket, as I presume Quins like most/all other Jeff sides give you free entry to A league games with a ST.
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by timhen Mon 24 Jun 2013, 1:54 pm

I'm surprised this thread has been going on this long, if I was a true Quins supporter that's the sort of 'fan' I'd be willing to pay more each season not have associated with the club.

timhen

Back to top Go down

Post by HongKongCherry Mon 24 Jun 2013, 5:09 pm

timhen wrote:I'm surprised this thread has been going on this long, if I was a true Quins supporter that's the sort of 'fan' I'd be willing to pay more each season not have associated with the club.
I think we all know he's just wumming. But it does raise an interesting point about whether Quins success was a flash in the pan or whether they are building for long term success.  I personally feel it is very much in the latter category.
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by logansrun38 Tue 25 Jun 2013, 9:00 am

Flash in the pain. The squad is weak this season but at least it wont get disrupted by International call ups.

logansrun38

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Tue 25 Jun 2013, 9:35 am

HKC if logansrun38 is a wum it is quite peculiar he is targeting Quins.

Logansrun38 you say you think Quins will struggle etc what do you suggest Quins should do about it?

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by logansrun38 Tue 25 Jun 2013, 9:40 am

They shouldn't have re-signed Evans for one. They guy is past it.

And get ride of COS. They guy is an idiot who has no idea what he's talking about. 

And keeping the squad together is great if there are decent players in it.  Most of them are average at best. One or two are good and that's it's.

logansrun38

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Tue 25 Jun 2013, 10:10 am

Logansrun38 you need to elaborate.

Who would you replace Evans with?

Who would you replace Conor O Shea with?

How would you solve the problem of allegedly average players? What signings would you make to try and solve this problem?

You can talk about problems but solutions are needed.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by HongKongCherry Tue 25 Jun 2013, 10:36 am

beshocked wrote:HKC if logansrun38 is a wum it is quite peculiar he is targeting Quins.

Logansrun38 you say you think Quins will struggle etc what do you suggest Quins should do about it?

Perhaps he's a Sarries supporter? Wink

More seriously, picking up on your last comment nails it on the head for me. It's all very well come on here and saying they're rubbish, but just repeating it a 100 times rather than discussing the solutions does tend to lend itself to wumming.
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by logansrun38 Tue 25 Jun 2013, 1:53 pm

Maybe its because I couldnt care less about a solution.

I'd have kept Botica and Clegg and spent the money we waste on Nev on another tighthead and decent centre or lock.

Dean Ryan would do a much better job than Clueless O'Shea and bar Care and Brown (both good club players) the rest of squad are average.

Beshocked and HKC - how many Quins players would you have in your squad. Very few if any I reckon.

logansrun38

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Tue 25 Jun 2013, 2:00 pm

logansrun38 wrote:Maybe its because I couldnt care less about a solution.

I'd have kept Botica and Clegg and spent the money we waste on Nev on another tighthead and decent centre or lock.

Dean Ryan would do a much better job than Clueless O'Shea and bar Care and Brown (both good club players) the rest of squad are average.

Beshocked and HKC - how many Quins players would you have in your squad. Very few if any I reckon.

Then you are no longer a fan, so why bother posting on Quins? Go away and find another Club to glory-support, I hear Toulon are doing pretty well
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by logansrun38 Tue 25 Jun 2013, 4:33 pm

Ive been pretty upfront about not being fan anymore. Quins are rubbish

logansrun38

Back to top Go down

Post by HongKongCherry Tue 25 Jun 2013, 4:47 pm

logansrun38 wrote:Maybe its because I couldnt care less about a solution.

In the squad? I'd take Buchannan, Kohn, Robson, Matthews, Wallace, Clifford, Robshaw, Care, Evans, Botica, Casson, Lowe, Brown and Chisholm. I'd gladly take PDJ back if you get him playing like he did for us rather than how he was for Saints. Until we signed Knoyle I'd have gladly taken Dickson as a back up scrum half. Sinckler looks a prospect, but if we were to take him it may hinder his or Knight's development. If you're talking right now, I'd have JJ in a flash!

Starting line up I'd be quite happy to see Buchannan there along with Robson and Care. It's a toss up between Trinder and Lowe. Evans is a better fly half than Burns at present, but I'd rather have Freddie there. Likewise, Brown is the best FB in the Jeff for me, but if Olly Morgan can get fit I'd have him in every day.
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by logansrun38 Tue 25 Jun 2013, 4:58 pm

I thought Quins fans were deluded

logansrun38

Back to top Go down

Post by HongKongCherry Tue 25 Jun 2013, 5:00 pm

picard
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Tue 25 Jun 2013, 5:02 pm

Mods, is it appropriate to have an entirely negative thread on the forum? Just a question.
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by HongKongCherry Tue 25 Jun 2013, 5:20 pm

I'm not sure why the mods have refused to act on this. At the end of the day we want people with different opinions otherwise a discussion board would be pretty boring if it was just "me too" and "I agree"! But when it's just obtuse and belligerent then it should be blatantly obvious a discussion is not the intended result of the OP.
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Tue 25 Jun 2013, 5:26 pm

Fair point lads, I left this up initially as there was some meaningful debate, but it's gone downhill. Locking it now.
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3