The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kearney - How Long Do They Give Him

+5
thebluesmancometh
glamorganalun
HammerofThunor
RubyGuby
bedfordwelsh
9 posters

Go down

Kearney - How Long Do They Give Him Empty Kearney - How Long Do They Give Him

Post by bedfordwelsh Fri 07 Jun 2013, 8:30 pm

If he's not fit for Tuesdays game then surely a decision has to be made on his participation and remaining in tour. I know he's in a position where I guess they can afford to carry him but it means Halfpenny and Hogg are playing every other game unless maybe Maitland or even Roberts gets a rub at XV.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Kearney - How Long Do They Give Him Empty Re: Kearney - How Long Do They Give Him

Post by RubyGuby Fri 07 Jun 2013, 8:31 pm

As long as it takes Bedford . We have plenty of cover IMO

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Kearney - How Long Do They Give Him Empty Re: Kearney - How Long Do They Give Him

Post by Guest Fri 07 Jun 2013, 8:35 pm

I don't think you can get rid of him (same as Jenkins) whilst there's a chance they will get fit. Whilst they may not be able to force first test selection, they're good players and are able to help in training (if fit) and have that experience of touring and being strong test Lions. I don't think we should lose that experience unless there's no chance we can get them playing in any game. If Vunipola, Corbs or Grant get injured or 1/2P or Hogg, we also have a ready made replacement as well.

So in summary, they're still useful to the squad, until there's no chance of them being able to be considered for a test. As their injuries currently seem sortable, I'd keep them there.

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Fri 07 Jun 2013, 8:37 pm

I think it's good for squad morale to keep them on board for as long as it takes

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Fri 07 Jun 2013, 8:38 pm

Fair one guys on all points I just feel that they can't carry him all tour going on the ' should be fit for next game' scenario.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Fri 07 Jun 2013, 8:45 pm

I think with Halfpenny and Hogg both in the squad it's easy to wait it out. Not the same as prop where you need specific back up on the bench every game.

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Fri 07 Jun 2013, 8:45 pm

Get Foden there or better still Bryne, I like Kearney he good going forward and good under the high ball but his defence is suspect in my eyes.

Jenkins is one of Gatland's chosen ones, he should not have gone with an injury, it would have been better if he was on standby to get fit.

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Fri 07 Jun 2013, 8:47 pm

Foden isn't good enough. He should left with the England squad to prove himself Whistle

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Fri 07 Jun 2013, 8:47 pm

Ye I sai with regards to Warbs and Jenkins if game 3 comes around and they havn't played, or still have question marks then it's unlikely they are going to get a shot at the test jersey, and therefore need replacements in the squad.

Jenkins has had a replacement called up now and I think it's time for a replacement to be called up for Kearney, I'd go with a utility player though, Hook will be fine at 15 for club games, and can cover 10 (which we still desperately need)

That said I would keep them around and in the squad for contingencies and for moral, I think coach loyalty on a tour like this is huge!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Fri 07 Jun 2013, 8:55 pm

If they wanted someone for moral then Andy Powell and DOC were both free.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Fri 07 Jun 2013, 8:56 pm

Great Freudian slip there Powell for moral instead of morale is hilarious Bedford. He doesn't have any morals!

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Fri 07 Jun 2013, 8:58 pm

RubyGuby wrote:Great Freudian slip there Powell for moral instead of morale is hilarious Bedford. He doesn't have any morals!

He doesn't have a lot of anything Very Happy
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Fri 07 Jun 2013, 9:04 pm

bedfordwelsh wrote:
RubyGuby wrote:Great Freudian slip there Powell for moral instead of morale is hilarious Bedford. He doesn't have any morals!

He does have a lot of bottom lip OK

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Fri 07 Jun 2013, 9:04 pm

bedfordwelsh wrote:

+1 Very Happy

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Fri 07 Jun 2013, 9:45 pm

Risca Rev wrote:I don't think you can get rid of him (same as Jenkins) whilst there's a chance they will get fit. Whilst they may not be able to force first test selection, they're good players and are able to help in training (if fit) and have that experience of touring and being strong test Lions. I don't think we should lose that experience unless there's no chance we can get them playing in any game. If Vunipola, Corbs or Grant get injured or 1/2P or Hogg, we also have a ready made replacement as well.

So in summary, they're still useful to the squad, until there's no chance of them being able to be considered for a test. As their injuries currently seem sortable, I'd keep them there.

o in summary, they're still useful to the squad, until there's no chance of them being able to be considered for a test. As their injuries currently seem sortable, I'd keep them there.[/quote]

WHY? Why keep them in the squad if their is no chance of them playing in any game?

Why not get rid of them and replace them with fully fit players....Like i have been saying all along. Yahoo

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 07 Jun 2013, 10:03 pm

majesticimperialman wrote:WHY? Why keep them in the squad if their is no chance of them playing in any game?

Why not get rid of them and replace them with fully fit players....Like i have been saying all along. Yahoo

You've quoted my post (some of it twice). Your reading is clearly as bad as your spelling. Where did I say I would keep them if there's no chance of them playing a game? Again, how do you know how bad their injuries are Dr Madge? You aren't right by the way, as you have said all along send Warburton home.

Nice try though, but you're unsurprisingly wrong again.

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Fri 07 Jun 2013, 10:41 pm

Can we call up a replacement for madge?

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 07 Jun 2013, 10:42 pm

RubyGuby wrote:Can we call up a replacement for madge?

laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sat 08 Jun 2013, 12:04 am

If he's definitely out of the first test he has to go- if not he has to stay.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by RDSguru Sat 08 Jun 2013, 2:08 am

You keep him (them since Melon is in same boat) until you know they cannot take place in any tour match. If there is a reasonable chance they can be fit we need them to be there to cover in the event of the incumbent having a mare or tour ending injury.

RDSguru

Back to top Go down

Post by flankertye Sat 08 Jun 2013, 3:08 pm

BROWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

flankertye

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down