The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What would be your dream Wimbledon Final?

+12
Silver
summerblues
socal1976
The Special Juan
CAS
HM Murdock
Henman Bill
Danny_1982
_homogenised_
Gerry SA
JuliusHMarx
User 774433
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What would be your dream Wimbledon Final? - Page 2 Empty What would be your dream Wimbledon Final?

Post by User 774433 Fri 07 Jun 2013, 9:18 pm

First topic message reminder :

Bonjour tous mes amis,
Hope you've all been keeping well thumbsup

With the French Open final sealed as Nadal vs Ferrer, I've been hearing there have been widespread celebrations all across the UK and France. Apparently the French in particular were really disappointed that Jo limped out, but when they realised they would get to see Nadal vs Ferrer in the final they were so excited they didn't mind anymore.
That's what I'm hearing anyway. Whistle

Anyway on a more serious note, and back to the title, what would be your dream Wimbledon Final? The only caveat is that it can't include your favourite player, or we would just make picks to suit that.
Murray hopefully should be back from injury, Federer I think is more comfortable on grass- so it should be an exciting event.

For me, my preferential non-Nadal final would be Federer vs Berdych.
The H2H lies 11-6 in Fed's favour I believe, but Berdych has won their two previous meetings, including USO and Dubai. He has also won their last 2 slam meetings. Both players I think are fantastic to watch, and Berdych gets under Federer's skin a bit- so that would be interesting.

What would be your pick?

User 774433

Back to top Go down

What would be your dream Wimbledon Final? - Page 2 Empty Re: What would be your dream Wimbledon Final?

Post by User 774433 Sat 08 Jun 2013, 12:48 am

LuvSports! wrote:ahh and now that contest is well and truly over.
Thanks a lot buzz killington.
Not a valid pick What would be your dream Wimbledon Final? - Page 2 3181402168

User 774433

Back to top Go down

What would be your dream Wimbledon Final? - Page 2 Empty Re: What would be your dream Wimbledon Final?

Post by banbrotam Sat 08 Jun 2013, 12:50 am

Red wrote:
The Special Juan wrote:Probably Tsonga v someone. I love watching Jo on grass when he plays well as he's old school with his serve and volley which is nice to see. I don't think I could handle another baseline slugfest on grass between Nadal and Djokovic so I'll plump for Tsonga v Federer; two super grass court players.
Juan, did you watch the SF today? It's was a slugfest at all, quite different from AO 2012 etc.
Nadal hit 61 winners, that must be some sort of record for him Whistle Djokovic hit 54 too, not shoddy at all.

Adding to that. Anyone who can pick Tsonga after that pathetic showing, today, has very rose tinted glasses about his skills

Me Fed v Nole

banbrotam

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Sat 08 Jun 2013, 12:54 am

You just can't help yourself red!
We could go on. Im off to bed in 19 minutes.

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by User 774433 Sat 08 Jun 2013, 1:06 am

LuvSports! wrote:You just can't help yourself red!
We could go on. Im off to bed in 19 minutes.
chin
Help myself with what??

Hmm.

User 774433

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Sat 08 Jun 2013, 2:03 am

Red wrote:
For me, my preferential non-Nadal final would be Federer vs Berdych.
The H2H lies 11-6 in Fed's favour I believe, but Berdych has won their two previous meetings, including USO and Dubai. He has also won their last 2 slam meetings. Both players I think are fantastic to watch, and Berdych gets under Federer's skin a bit- so that would be interesting.

What would be your pick?

Del Potro vs. Federer, so the Olympic marathon where they left last year may continue. thumbsup

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by User 774433 Sat 08 Jun 2013, 11:59 am

IC, do you think Del Potro can trouble Federer in a BO5 slam?

User 774433

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Sat 08 Jun 2013, 12:13 pm

banbrotam wrote:
Red wrote:
The Special Juan wrote:Probably Tsonga v someone. I love watching Jo on grass when he plays well as he's old school with his serve and volley which is nice to see. I don't think I could handle another baseline slugfest on grass between Nadal and Djokovic so I'll plump for Tsonga v Federer; two super grass court players.
Juan, did you watch the SF today? It's was a slugfest at all, quite different from AO 2012 etc.
Nadal hit 61 winners, that must be some sort of record for him Whistle Djokovic hit 54 too, not shoddy at all.

Adding to that. Anyone who can pick Tsonga after that pathetic showing, today, has very rose tinted glasses about his skills

Me Fed v Nole

I like watching him on grass, on clay (especially at the FO with the pressure) I don't particularly rate his chances.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2