The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official "Leicester City To Look Like They Are World Beaters Only To Mess It Up And Finish In Mid Table" Thread

+8
Roller_Coaster
westisbest
TopoftheChops
GSC
Nakatomi Plaza
TheCelticGarbutt
NickisBHAFC
Shot 21 LCFC
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The Official "Leicester City To Look Like They Are World Beaters Only To Mess It Up And Finish In Mid Table" Thread - Page 2 Empty The Official "Leicester City To Look Like They Are World Beaters Only To Mess It Up And Finish In Mid Table" Thread

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:39 pm

First topic message reminder :

Everyone else seems to be doing one so I thought I would get one started up for Leicester City. Although Im fairly sure Im the only Foxes fan on this board so this could end up being a soliluquay (not sure how you spell that).

Obviously Leicester will probably have a good start, be top of the table at some point and everyone will say "this is our year", then we will mess it all up and finsh somewhere in between 7th and 12th place. But I will still enjoy it and still be a loyal Foxes fan going to most games. I particularly look forward to beating the scumbags known as Nottingham Forest and Derby County.

It looks like we will now have a director of football. Terry Robinson has joined us from Stoke. Also we have a prestiege home friendly with Monaco. Falcao is comin to the King Power Stadium.

Anyway I look forward to updating you on all the Leicester news, taking stick from the supporters of Brighton (Nick), Forest (GSC) and all the other teams, and being over the moon when we win, and suicidal when we lose.

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

The Official "Leicester City To Look Like They Are World Beaters Only To Mess It Up And Finish In Mid Table" Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official "Leicester City To Look Like They Are World Beaters Only To Mess It Up And Finish In Mid Table" Thread

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:26 am

Barnsley away tonight. Im hoping we get a win, but they beat Forest at the weekend so they will be high on confidence.

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

The Official "Leicester City To Look Like They Are World Beaters Only To Mess It Up And Finish In Mid Table" Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official "Leicester City To Look Like They Are World Beaters Only To Mess It Up And Finish In Mid Table" Thread

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:22 am

Third succesive 3-0 win. Jamie Vardy makes it 11 in 7 and 4 in his last 3 if I have my facts correct.

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:02 pm

Accept it, you're playing Premiership football next season!

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:18 pm

No!!! We will mess up in the league, finish 3rd and then lose in the play off final to a last minute own goal.

We wont go up  Whistle ...

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:08 am

Working on the assupmtion that QPR win every remaining game of the season (which is unlikely), we need 6 more wins to guarantee automatic promotion.

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:03 am

All but there now Shot
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:22 pm

Thanks to Sheffield Wednesday beating QPR that now makes it 5 wins needed.

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:37 am

Went down to the Yeovil game last night. For 90 odd minutes it was looking like I had wasted my money. They scored from a needless free kick and we were absolutely battering them without a cutting edge. I had resigned myself to a rare defeat, but then who pops up with a last minute equaliser? Only our goalkeeper Kasper f*cking Schmeichel!!!! I was near that goal and it crossed the line but I dont think the idiot officials were gonna give it so thank f*ck Chris Wood followed it in, but for me the goal should be given to Schmeichel. Thats now 18 games unbeaten which broke the club record at second division level.

Burnley away on Saturday (1215 kick off on Sky Sports). What a massive game. If we lose, then all of a sudden the Championship title is in real jeapordy. A point will do I suppose.

9 games left, 4 wins needed. Surely we wont mess this up...

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:44 pm

So solid do you (and Burnley) look in the top two all I have left to hope for (as a QPR fan) is that you both field ineligible players on Saturday and get docked points.

Even then I'd bet we'd go and lose!

Yours clutching at straws-ly
The mighty hoops

OK - just "the hoops" then!

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:52 pm

I personally think either you or Wigan will win the play offs though. Especially if you get Charlie Austin back.

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:56 pm

Wigan or Derby to win the playy offs i think.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:17 pm

I have Derby at the top of that list. Us & Wigan very close behind and then whoever.

Cue whoever storming through.

If Austin is back, he'll need a few games to get in the swing. Phillips has been a big miss too (ie the ex Blackpool one rather than Shaun Wright!)

Still, must keep the faith.

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:42 pm

Bournemouth are making a late charge for the play offs.

Think they will fall just short though sadly.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:44 pm

Burnly Leicester is a massive game this weekend.

Should be a good game.
Fancy a draw.

Would have watched it, if it did'nt clash with the Man u Villa game, having said that may not be able to watch that either.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:51 pm

I would settle for a draw, but if we win then that probably guarantees the Championship title so hopefully we can.

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:57 am

What a performance. What a win. What a couple of fantastic goals. Burnley hadnt lost at home all season and were on a 16 game unbeaten streak. But we ended all of that and kept out unbeaten run going to 19. Surely were going up as champions. Surely...

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:33 am

Should win it now, although you have Reading & QPR next, i think.

Couple of tough games.

Slip up there Burnley could catch you.

15 points clear of 3rd is it.
Safe to say you are up, 1st or 2nd.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:43 am

Good win over Sheffield Wednesday last night. We could be promoted today if Bournemouth beat QPR and Derby fail to beat Middlesbrough. Even if not, then victory over Brighton on Tuesday will do it.

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:58 pm

Congrats Shot Smile Boro & Bournemouth came through for you guys

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:10 pm

Congratulations Shot  thumbsup 

Good luck for next season buddy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:29 pm

Its taken the time, you finally had to be outspent by someone and not be the big disappointments any more!

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:55 am

Congrats mate, enjoy the Premiership. Also good luck on Tuesday night, don't beat us by too much!

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:51 pm

Thanks all  thumbsup 

Looks like my thread title ended up being incorrect then. We have finally done it! After 10 long years Leicester City are back in the Premier League. Don't think it will fully sink in tbh until the fixture list comes out next season.

But before that we must now turn our attention to winning the league. We really do deserve to be champions.

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:22 pm

You do. Consistently the best side this year and taken the points in the crucial top of the tablers as well as disposing of the less favoured sides. Good luck next year and well done. Enjoy!

Only got a straw clutching left and hoping for a Burnley collapse (although unlikely as they've been good all year too) and an unlikely sneak into second. Or us scraping through the playoff lottery. Either way I hope the (not so) mighty QPARRGH make it with you but if not hopefully we can renew battle in the top flight in 15/16.

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:56 pm

Cheers for the 3 points lads!!!!!!

Sounds like we battered you tonight. 

Done the double over you this season now. Too easy Wink

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:04 pm

I remember the game after we got promoted, at home against Coventry, Grant Holt was definitely still drunk

Seems the Leicester players occurred the same today
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:24 pm

Love it!!!!!

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:07 pm

NickisBHAFC wrote:Cheers for the 3 points lads!!!!!!

Sounds like we battered you tonight. 

Done the double over you this season now. Too easy Wink

Suppose I will have to accept the meagre Premier League as a rubbish consolation prize. I hate football  Wink 

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:54 am

Finished 1-1 against Reading which I thought it would. Suppose I will take the point. 6 points needed from 4 games to guarantee the title. We should do it. QPR at home on Saturday. Really dont fear them like I would have earlier in the season. They seem to have gone right off the boil.

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:15 pm

Why the bluddy hell didn't you beat Reading!!!

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:48 am

We tried...

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:31 pm

Not hard enough.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:36 pm

A good win over QPR now leaves us 3 points (or a Burnley defeat) away from winning the title.

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:26 am

And there we have it. After a 1-0 win over Bolton we are deservedly crowned champions! Love it!!!!

I had faith all along that we would win the league. Believed it from the start  Whistle 

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Fri May 02, 2014 3:14 pm

Kevin Phillips will be playing his last ever match against Doncaster tomorrow. What a legend!!

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Wed May 07, 2014 3:57 pm

OUR SEASON IN STATS, NUMBERS AND FACTS

THE NUMERS:
102 points
31 wins
83 goals scored
+40 goal difference
9 points clear of second place Burnley

THE BEST IN THE LEAGUE:
Most wins in the Championship
Most points in the Championshp
Best home record in the Championship
Best away record in the Championship
Second most goals scored behind Derby
Third best defence behind Burnley and Brighton
Best goal difference in the Championship

CLUB RECORDS BROKEN:
Most points in a season - 102
Most wins in a season - 31
Best winning steak - 9
Best undefeated streak - 21
Oldest outfield player and goalscorer - Kevin Phillips (40)

OTHER RANDOM FACTS:
Only Brighton did the double over us (f*ck you Nick!  Very Happy )
By scoring 20 league goals, David Nugent became the first player to score that amount in the second level of English football since Gary Lineker
This was our 7th second division title, drawing us level with Manchester City with the most wins ever
In his 4 full season with us, Nigel Pearson has either won a league, or finished in the playoffs
Nigel Pearson is statistically the most succesful manager in our history with a win rate of over 50%

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Wed May 07, 2014 4:05 pm

Not only did we do the double over you, we have the most clean sheets and the best defensive record in the league. Get Matt Upson on a plane to Rio.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Wed May 07, 2014 5:20 pm

Yeah alright, no need to brag about your achievements  Whistle 

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by TopoftheChops Wed May 07, 2014 6:04 pm

NickisBHAFC wrote:Not only did we do the double over you, we have the most clean sheets and the best defensive record in the league. Get Matt Upson on a plane to Rio.

you lost to Ipswich twice though

TopoftheChops

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Fri May 30, 2014 9:44 am

https://www.606v2.com/t54054-the-official-leicester-city-premier-league-thread#2663459

I have created a new thread in the PREMIER LEAGUE section. This is my last post here. Now that Leicester are in the PREMIER LEAGUE, it is only right I continue my discussions in the PREMIER LEAGUE section. Dont worry though, I will still pop into the Championship forum from time to time to see how everyone else is doing.

Feel free to lock this thread mods. Oh, did I mention Leicester are now in the PREMIER LEAGUE?!?!

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2