The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Did Gatland anticipate the ful ramifications of dropping BOD?

+37
Cadair Idris
InBODWeTrust
GunsGerms
RubyGuby
MrsP
WELL-PAST-IT
Casartelli
doctor_grey
jimmyinthewell68
JmD
Taylorman
Bathman_in_London
RuggerRadge2611
damage_13
Notch
Luckless Pedestrian
Sin é
Standulstermen
neilthom7
GloriousEmpire
Rory_Gallagher
Breadvan
DeludedOptimistorjustDave
logie28
aucklandlaurie
t1000advancedprototype
ME-109
SecretFly
2ndtimeround
Scarpia
lostinwales
Scrumdown
The Saint
Jhamer25
Brendan
The Great Aukster
winchester
41 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Did Gatland anticipate the ful ramifications of dropping BOD? - Page 4 Empty Did Gatland anticipate the ful ramifications of dropping BOD?

Post by winchester Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:49 pm

First topic message reminder :

It was always going to be a huge decision given BODs stature in the game but even Im a little shocked at the scale of the outcry. There are messages all over the place from Irish withdrawing their support for the Lions, even sportsmen and figures outside of rugby are getting in on it. Socia media sites are awash with it. I get the feeling even if the Lions win the series Gatand has committed an unforgiveable sin. And if they lose! Heaven help us. Theirs big decisions and then there is asking for trouble! Im not sure Gatland realised the scale of this decision. Even opting for BOD on the bench and a late cameo might have taken the sting out it but hes really setting himself up for a fall here!

winchester

Back to top Go down

Did Gatland anticipate the ful ramifications of dropping BOD? - Page 4 Empty Re: Did Gatland anticipate the ful ramifications of dropping BOD?

Post by RubyGuby Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:17 am

thumbsup Make that 40 years Samurai

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Did Gatland anticipate the ful ramifications of dropping BOD? - Page 4 Empty Re: Did Gatland anticipate the ful ramifications of dropping BOD?

Post by Scarpia Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:59 pm

samuraidragon wrote:The BOD issue is a sideshow. The question that will be answered tomorrow is whether Gatland's Gatball is a good enough package for a Lions series victory in Australia. Or , to put it another away, how good is Mr. G. really as a coach?

Is he a great tactician? Or did he just happen to be in the right place when the best group of players Wales  have had in 30 years came together?

Like SCW for England you mean?

Scarpia

Back to top Go down

Post by neilthom7 Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:13 pm

[quote="Luckless Pedestrian"]
neilthom7 wrote:Well as I said before Saturday will prove if it was the right decision it will either leave Gatland right or destroy his reputation in my eyes forever.

I imagine you're saying what a lot of people are thinking and it's as predictable as it is illogical. How can it possibly be a given that the Lions would win the third Test with BOD in the side?[/quote

Its not a given however if dvaies does what he done late in the second test then it clearly could be said they would win, however I should point out while O'Driscoll is one of my what was he doing moments, I would also say the back row in my opinion is wrong. TBH I also don't see why Roberts should walk straight back into the team after being out injured for so long but hey ho as I said it will be judged by Saturday and more to do with how they play than simply a result I guess.

neilthom7

http://www.twitter.com/thomthom1988

Back to top Go down

Post by RDSguru Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:56 pm

He giveth and he taketh away...... is it true that Gatland gave BOD his first Cap?

RDSguru

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:00 pm

So I hear. Mike Ruddock gave him his first Leinster start, Gatland gave him his first Ireland start.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:03 pm

Watch out Warburton next Lions tour!!!!! That's the moral of this tale. Gatland will be England coach by then and he'll forget that Warbs speaks kindly to refs....

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:04 pm

...and the Valley will rise up and lay waste to Engerland!!!!!!

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by RDSguru Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:10 pm

Oh come on SFly.... we can all see the history.. but the future, Gatland at Englands helm  laughing be sure its Scotland next thumbsup

RDSguru

Back to top Go down

Post by DeludedOptimistorjustDave Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:12 pm

RDSguru wrote:He giveth and he taketh away...... is it true that Gatland gave BOD his first Cap?
the self named "RDS guru" asking for a stat on BOD picard sums up 606

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:13 pm

If Gatland became England coach, God help the rest of us. That would be like physicality marrying physicality and the recessive footballing gene becoming dominant. We wouldn't stand a chance.

In a parallel universe, Christian Wade was selected from the start and given a fair shot. Stuart Hogg too. Can you imagine the problems those two would cause the Wallabies, even off the bench? Zebo too.

This is how most Welshmen have felt for the past however many years: seeing some damn good rapiers overlooked.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by RDSguru Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:17 pm

DeludedOptimistorjustDave wrote:
RDSguru wrote:He giveth and he taketh away...... is it true that Gatland gave BOD his first Cap?
the self named "RDS guru" asking for a stat on BOD picard sums up 606

Well pardon me for self naming!

Prey tell, where did thou get your name from DeludedOptimistorjustDave?

RDSguru

Back to top Go down

Post by DeludedOptimistorjustDave Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:30 pm

Im mainly Deluded always an optimist and my name is Dave.

Back to top Go down

Post by RDSguru Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:39 pm

DeludedOptimistorjustDave wrote:Im mainly Deluded always an optimist and my name is Dave.

Self named then?

As did I.

So, what was your point previously. re my request for confirmation of Gatland capping BOD; while masquerading with a name of my own choosing based on my own reasons for choosing such?

RDSguru

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:46 pm

I think Bluesman thinks you should be old enough to know about BOD being first put onto a senior Ireland team by Gatland.
But then again he should realise, not everyone is old and not everyone might be from Ireland simply because RDS is in the name

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by RDSguru Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:54 pm

Aww SFly... don't spoil the joke mun!

Well done SFly tho.. Hug

RDSguru

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:02 am

Is anyone else watching 'Living with Lions' on Sky Sports? Dear me, the team talks I got at school were never much cop, but Geech's team talks in '97 have to be among the most inspiring I've ever heard. "Whatever anyone's ever put into that body of yours, let it come out." "If it matters to you, it matters to all of us; if it matters to all of us, we'll win."

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:05 am

Whistle  I don't want to ruin that by something else Geech said.....

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:14 am

You have to share now, Fly. We're beyond the point of caring and believing we have any influence on anything.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4