The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Massive respect for Wales and Welsh rugby

+19
RuggerRadge2611
kiakahaaotearoa
jimmyinthewell68
Cyril
nganboy
Pal Joey
SecretFly
The Saint
GloriousEmpire
t1000advancedprototype
Rory_Gallagher
RubyGuby
Breadvan
MR. scotland27
Ozzy3213
Scrumdown
aucklandlaurie
HammerofThunor
DeludedOptimistorjustDave
23 posters

Go down

Massive respect for Wales and Welsh rugby Empty Massive respect for Wales and Welsh rugby

Post by DeludedOptimistorjustDave Wed 03 Jul 2013, 11:02 pm

Got to say as much as it aggrieves me ,Wales really are showing us other guys in the Northern Hemisphere up. The top 35 players are serious class only rivaled by the Southern Hemisphere.
No complaints from me regarding the Lions selection,you just have to look at it realistically to see Gatland has it right.
I think some guys should ease up on the insults on here and give respect where due.

Back to top Go down

Massive respect for Wales and Welsh rugby Empty Re: Massive respect for Wales and Welsh rugby

Post by HammerofThunor Wed 03 Jul 2013, 11:13 pm

Nice to see you fit right in after only a few posts. Like you've posting for years Rolling Eyes

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Massive respect for Wales and Welsh rugby Empty Re: Massive respect for Wales and Welsh rugby

Post by aucklandlaurie Wed 03 Jul 2013, 11:15 pm

If you were from the Southern Hemisphere you would be called a "ghost" writer.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrumdown Wed 03 Jul 2013, 11:17 pm

HammerofThunor wrote:Nice to see you fit right in after only a few posts. Like you've posting for years Rolling Eyes

30-3

Scrumdown

Back to top Go down

Post by DeludedOptimistorjustDave Wed 03 Jul 2013, 11:18 pm

Im a Brit aucklandlaurie.

Hammerofthunor im a long time reader ex real 606er,but recent events have pulled me in.

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Wed 03 Jul 2013, 11:19 pm

DeludedOptimistorjustDave wrote:Im a Brit aucklandlaurie.

Hammerofthunor im a long time reader ex real 606er,but recent events have pulled me in.

I'm glad. You've added a lot to the general quality in such a short amount of time. Proves it's quality not quantity.

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Wed 03 Jul 2013, 11:20 pm

Scrumdown wrote:
HammerofThunor wrote:Nice to see you fit right in after only a few posts. Like you've posting for years Rolling Eyes

30-3

36-0

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Wed 03 Jul 2013, 11:20 pm

Tell us a bit about yourself then Dave. English, Irish or Scottish?
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by MR. scotland27 Wed 03 Jul 2013, 11:21 pm

Aggrieves me?

You sound to gleeful for that....
MR. scotland27
MR. scotland27

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Wed 03 Jul 2013, 11:22 pm

Scrumdown wrote:

30-3

62-5, 68-25, 15-46, 46-13, 50-10

See...Its fun to post old scores.
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by DeludedOptimistorjustDave Wed 03 Jul 2013, 11:24 pm

I will talk nationality's on Sunday,right now 100% British.

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Wed 03 Jul 2013, 11:25 pm

DeludedOptimistorjustDave wrote:I will talk nationality's on Sunday,right now 100% British.

Are you a slice of beef?

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Wed 03 Jul 2013, 11:26 pm

I got a big telling off last week for using the term British, you meant to say British and Irish.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Wed 03 Jul 2013, 11:27 pm

Breadvan wrote:
Scrumdown wrote:

30-3

It is unfortunate to see idiots like Scrumdown ruining the site at the minute. Best thing to do is ignore them.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Wed 03 Jul 2013, 11:29 pm

aucklandlaurie wrote: I got a big telling off last week for using the term British, you meant to say British and Irish.

Well, to be fair it is as ignorant as me calling you Australian. Ireland isn't a part of Britain.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by DeludedOptimistorjustDave Wed 03 Jul 2013, 11:29 pm

Haha @aucklandlaurie, lets not forget the PC world we live in,some sensitive folk out there these days.
I blame it on lack of a Father figure and lack of manual labor.
The real Lions legends of yesteryear would scoff at the sensitive nature of some chat room folk.

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Wed 03 Jul 2013, 11:31 pm

Rory_Gallagher wrote:
aucklandlaurie wrote: I got a big telling off last week for using the term British, you meant to say British and Irish.

Well, to be fair it is as ignorant as me calling you Australian.  Ireland isn't a part of Britain.

See what I mean, By the way my Mum was a staunch Queenslander.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by t1000advancedprototype Wed 03 Jul 2013, 11:34 pm

100% British Ruby?

I think you mean British & Irish!

Don't want this thread closed for racism now do we!

t1000advancedprototype

Back to top Go down

Post by DeludedOptimistorjustDave Wed 03 Jul 2013, 11:34 pm

Rory_Gallagher wrote:

Well, to be fair it is as ignorant as me calling you Australian.  Ireland isn't a part of Britain.
But no passport needed to enter Headscratch  we all know its our four nations even my Gran who hasn't a clue about rugby is aware of the Lions concept.
What next? where will it end? just like BBC radio one big weekend in Derry this year, the BBC so afraid of offending anyone refereed to it as Derry Londonderry.

We need to drop the nationalism outside of the playing field man.
Only one race in the world....the human race.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Wed 03 Jul 2013, 11:34 pm

aucklandlaurie wrote:
Rory_Gallagher wrote:

See what I mean, By the way my Mum was a staunch Queenslander.

Yeah, but I distinctly remember you complaining about racial ignorance quite a bit last year regarding Polynesians and comments the South Africans said. Just make sure you apply it both ways my friend.

It has nothing to do with sensitivity for most people, it is just incorrect. Simples.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by GloriousEmpire Wed 03 Jul 2013, 11:36 pm

DeludedOptimistorjustDave wrote:Got to say as much as it aggrieves me ,Wales really are showing us other guys in the Northern Hemisphere up. The top 35 players are serious class only rivaled by the Southern Hemisphere.
No complaints from me regarding the Lions selection,you just have to look at it realistically to see Gatland has it right.
I think some guys should ease up on the insults on here and give respect where due.

Welcome back dude Smile

GloriousEmpire

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrumdown Wed 03 Jul 2013, 11:37 pm

Ozzy3213 wrote:Tell us a bit about yourself then Dave.  English, Irish or Scottish?

Don't tell him Dave.

Scrumdown

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Wed 03 Jul 2013, 11:38 pm

DeludedOptimistorjustDave wrote:
Rory_Gallagher wrote:

But no passport needed to enter Headscratch  we all know its our four nations even my Gran who hasn't a clue about rugby is aware of the Lions concept.
What next? where will it end? just like BBC radio one big weekend in Derry this year, the BBC so afraid of offending anyone refereed to it as Derry Londonderry.

Personally I don't actually care/get offended about any of that stuff, I am just saying Ireland isn't a part of Britain. However, AucklandLaurie thought that it was last week and seems to be blaming other people for pointing out his ignorance.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by DeludedOptimistorjustDave Wed 03 Jul 2013, 11:39 pm

So i will say im 100% British and Irish until Sunday thumbsup 
But to be fair beyond pride of where you grew up we all have English Irish Scottish Welsh French German Italian Greek Netherlands blood in us if you are British and Irish.

Anyways back to the rugby

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Wed 03 Jul 2013, 11:42 pm

DeludedOptimistorjustDave wrote:So i will say im 100% British and Irish until Sunday thumbsup 
But to be fair beyond pride of where you grew up we all have English Irish Scottish Welsh French German Italian Greek Netherlands blood in us if you are British and Irish.

You can say you are whatever you want, I didn't have a problem with you claiming to be 100% british. Why would I? Laugh 

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Wed 03 Jul 2013, 11:46 pm

Breadvan wrote:
Scrumdown wrote:

30-3

Yeah but not that old.
#2003Brigade #pastglories #hashtag

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Wed 03 Jul 2013, 11:48 pm

Anyway Dave, nice to see an honest Englishman giving Wales the praise they deserve.
thumbsup 

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Wed 03 Jul 2013, 11:52 pm

Rory_Gallagher wrote:
DeludedOptimistorjustDave wrote:
Rory_Gallagher wrote:

Personally I don't actually care/get offended about any of that stuff, I am just saying Ireland isn't a part of Britain.  However, AucklandLaurie thought that it was last week and seems to be blaming other people for pointing out his ignorance.

Quite the Contrary Rory, I was merely showing how I had learnt my lesson and i didnt want to see Deludedoptimist fall into the same trap. If it makes you feel better, I have no qualms about admitting ignorance on this geographical (but not political) point.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 04 Jul 2013, 1:15 am

DeludedOptimistorjustDave wrote:So i will say im 100% British and Irish until Sunday thumbsup 

How's Australia going Bluesman?

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 04 Jul 2013, 1:24 am

Australia's just fine thanks. Very Happy 

Oh, that Bluesman... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by nganboy Thu 04 Jul 2013, 12:57 pm

Actually my 100% British (but not Irish I think) colleague is ethnically 100% Chinese but he doesn't like rugby so I don't really count him as properly human anyway.
nganboy
nganboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Thu 04 Jul 2013, 1:07 pm

A Welsh poster praising Wales while pretending not to be Welsh.

Great article!

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmyinthewell68 Thu 04 Jul 2013, 4:47 pm

all this lions unilateral sugar coated thinking getting quite sickening on the boards today can't wait for the next six nations when we really be at each others throat Rolling Eyes 

jimmyinthewell68

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Thu 04 Jul 2013, 5:10 pm

The bet we had Bluesman is that I decide what name you have! furious 

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Thu 04 Jul 2013, 5:21 pm

The Welsh have some great players.

thing is so do England, Scotland and Ireland. They just get ignored
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 04 Jul 2013, 5:39 pm

Andy Irvine certainly has a lot to answer for when he gets home.

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 04 Jul 2013, 5:42 pm

Bluesman's personality shines through in whatever guise.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Thu 04 Jul 2013, 5:46 pm

This is like awop all over again.

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Thu 04 Jul 2013, 5:48 pm

Isn't Bluesman still in Australia? Because if he is, he hasn't posted on here today.
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by offload Thu 04 Jul 2013, 5:50 pm

Scrumdown wrote:
Ozzy3213 wrote:Tell us a bit about yourself then Dave.  English, Irish or Scottish?

Don't tell him Dave.

I think you mean don't tell him Dai Wink 
offload
offload

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 04 Jul 2013, 5:53 pm

Pete C (Kiwireddevil) wrote:Isn't Bluesman still in Australia? Because if he is, he hasn't posted on here today.

All you need is a connection.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonbreath Fri 05 Jul 2013, 12:47 am

Breadvan wrote:
Scrumdown wrote:

30-3

It is however having hung on to the 70s for 30 years, and having rediscovered the joy of GSs I know now that it is just sad. Let it go pal, its sad sad sad. Move on and look forward. I am, and already looking forward to humbling the English again in 2014. It can't last so CARPE DIEM

dragonbreath

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Fri 05 Jul 2013, 10:03 am

SecretFly wrote:
Pete C (Kiwireddevil) wrote:Isn't Bluesman still in Australia? Because if he is, he hasn't posted on here today.

All you need is a connection.

Yes, but us admins can get a general idea of what country people are posting from Wink
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down