The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Breaking Bad - Contains Spoilers

+18
kingjohn7
Paul Mac 6CW
incontinentia
Soldier_Of_Fortune
Dr Gregory House MD
RinoGattuso
Mind the windows Tino.
ChequeredJersey
liverbnz
MidnightToker
bluestonevedder
The Galveston Giant
compelling and rich
profitius
Nakatomi Plaza
ONETWOFOREVER
Bull
Rowley
22 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Breaking Bad - Contains Spoilers - Page 3 Empty Breaking Bad - Contains Spoilers

Post by Rowley Fri 5 Jul 2013 - 9:45

First topic message reminder :

Does anybody other than me watch and love this show. Have to be honest I am a late convert to the show as I only started watching it when I got Netflix but it is awesome. For those unfamiliar with the show it is about a high school chemistry teacher who get diagnosed with cancer and so in order to leave his family financially secure he begins manufacturing Crystal Meth. Because of his expertise as a chemist he turns out to be really good at this.

However perhaps inevitably producing crystal meth brings him into contact with other drug dealers, the DEA and the Mexican cartels with inevitably perilous results. If anyone has not seen it I can highly recommend it, really tense, incredibly dark humour and it has the brilliant Bryan Cranston starring in it, even thought I struggle to think of him as anything other than Hal in Malcolm in the Middle.

One thing I would add though is I have only seen the first four series so if anyone gives any spoilers for the fifth series I may well ban them.

Last edited by Rowley on Tue 13 Aug 2013 - 10:06; edited 1 time in total

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Breaking Bad - Contains Spoilers - Page 3 Empty Re: Breaking Bad - Contains Spoilers

Post by Bull Tue 10 Sep 2013 - 22:04

What a cruel way to end the episode!

Jesse got out i'm sure he makes it out of that alive!

Gomez I'm pretty sure will die.

Todd will die causing the nazis/Lydia's operation to stall and well if you can't get the number 1, the number 2 will do! ((Jesse will be forced to cook for them!))

Bull

Back to top Go down

Breaking Bad - Contains Spoilers - Page 3 Empty Re: Breaking Bad - Contains Spoilers

Post by Nakatomi Plaza Mon 16 Sep 2013 - 22:27

Today's episode was one of the darkest 45 minutes of TV I can remember watching. Found it difficult to watch at times, but at the same time couldn't look away.

Walt Jr takes a lot of stick, but I thought he came into his own in this episode.

Nakatomi Plaza

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 16 Sep 2013 - 22:29

Agree NP, just depressing but utterly compelling. Walt's house of cards has well and truly crumbled round his ears. My thought now is he will come back to rescue Jesse which would explain the new identity and the armoury he has in the flash forwards we have seen in some episodes.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Tue 17 Sep 2013 - 0:19

Just finished watching it, so so dark and utterly breathtaking, several times I had my hands over my mouth in shock, then again after killing Hank anything seems possible.

This episode really showed the best and worst of Walter, first offering his money to save Hank (which was really stupid when thought through, and then the speech at the end to exonerate Skyler.

Walt Jr really had his day.

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Tue 17 Sep 2013 - 8:00

Walt said that to Skylar in order to but the heat on him hence allowing the kids to have one parent around. Walt also knew the Cops where listening.

I guess if you think about it Todd saved Jesse for his own benefit?

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 17 Sep 2013 - 16:01

Where do we think it will go in the last couple of episodes. Can we really see Walt leaving Hank buried in the desert, given his true identity and activities are pretty well out in the open now. Given what we know of Walt now he is pretty much Heisenberg full time I struggle to imagine he is going to be content to let the neo Nazis waltz off with $60m + of his money without there being a reaction on his part. Suspect he will try and recover the money and rescue Jesse in the process.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakatomi Plaza Tue 17 Sep 2013 - 18:01

The way I see it, Heisenberg's last act was the phone call to Skyler exonerating her. When Walt comes back to Albuquerque it's to avenge Hank, and possibly his family.

Walt coming back to save Jesse is probably the dream scenario for most fans, but I think Vince Gilligan will have a hard act to make it plausible, particularly after Walt told him about his part is Jane's death.

The thing I really want to find out though is if Huell is still waiting at the safe house!

Nakatomi Plaza

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 17 Sep 2013 - 18:54

Nakatomi Plaza wrote:

The thing I really want to find out though is if Huell is still waiting at the safe house!
Ha, forgot about him. Thinking about it he would have cracked and gone out for a KFC by now

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Wed 18 Sep 2013 - 8:10

I can't see why Walt would want to save Jesse now. That would make very little sense.

I think Todd is going to have a part to play in the end. He's an interesting character. He's very robotic (almost autistic) in how he acts. His 'sorry for your loss' was so cold it was eerie.

I'm glad they killed off Hank. I couldn't see how they could keep him alive with Walter still free.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 18 Sep 2013 - 8:55

Agree about Todd, it is his coldness that makes him quite so scary. There are scenes where he comes across as borderline retarded but you do get the impression that is what leads so many to underestimate him.

Still do not think Walt will leave Jesse in such a situation. Throughout their relationship common sense has tended to go out of the window when it comes to Jesse, kept him around when he was an absolute screw up, dumped a far superior assistant is Gael to have Jesse and has dug him out of more holes he has got himself into than he deserves.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Wed 18 Sep 2013 - 10:58

I guess, on 2nd thoughts, Walt may well think he owes Jesse after all he's done re Jane and Brock.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 23 Sep 2013 - 14:54

Have just watched this weeks episode. Todd is horrible! Really hope he does not survive next week.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Mon 23 Sep 2013 - 15:04

Just ordered the first 3 seasons on DVD off Amazon.co.uk (wee plug there, surely deserves a few freebies Mr Amazon).

Heard nothin but good reports. Not reading this thread though!!! Damn you Rowley for making it tough not to see what to expect (waves fist in the air)
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Mon 23 Sep 2013 - 16:29

Admittedly, I've never actually seen an episode of Breaking Bad, but I've been after a new TV show to get into for a few weeks now to help with Winter drawing and having heard nothing but good things from friends, I'll be giving this a shot! Looking for a short review, if anybody can help me out?

Reborn - Just an FYI - I was in HMV yesterday and you can pick up Seasons 1-3 for £20, it's almost double the price anywhere else online.

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Mon 23 Sep 2013 - 16:40

aye mate, maybe I should have held off, but sittin in the office bored out of my skull i got the 3 for £30 .
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by RinoGattuso Mon 23 Sep 2013 - 16:52

Rowley wrote:Have just watched this weeks episode. Todd is horrible! Really hope he does not survive next week.
Todd is class, just mad Bar Steward who doesnt give f**k about anyone, except Lydia obviously.

RinoGattuso

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 23 Sep 2013 - 17:02

It is because he looks so innocent that makes him so unnerving. Cannot wait for the last episode, but am also massively sad to see it finish. Right up there with the Sopranos as one of the best ever TV shows made

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakatomi Plaza Mon 23 Sep 2013 - 17:25

Agree completely with you Rowley about Todd, it's like he's a combination of Gus and Walt. Interesting twist at the end with the Grey Matter people. Possibly a red herring, but could the ricin be for them?

Last edited by Nakatomi Plaza on Mon 23 Sep 2013 - 21:44; edited 1 time in total

Nakatomi Plaza

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 23 Sep 2013 - 17:32

I think it might be NP. Walt is an odd guy when it comes to his ego. Does not like to see his abilities as a chemist slighted, even when cooking meth, so think the suggestion he was not integral to the start of Grey Matter will have really stung him. Would not surprise me to see Grey Matter linked with Madrigal or whatever they are called that Lydia works for.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Mon 23 Sep 2013 - 21:40

Another fantastic episode!

The end is near!

Oh and I loved the main theme at the end!

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Tue 24 Sep 2013 - 10:29

All the pieces are now inplace for the final episode. I am gutted as I will be on holiday next week when it airs Sad

Its going off big time Laugh

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by kingjohn7 Tue 24 Sep 2013 - 23:14

I wasnt happy with Jesse, but really felt for him this episode. Hope he gets some revenge.

kingjohn7

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Wed 25 Sep 2013 - 14:39

Anyone else get chills down there back each time they hear the extended version of the theme?

REMEMBER MY NAME!! That's what Walt is going to do!

Has anyone considered that Breaking Bad is like a retelling of Macbeth?

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Fri 27 Sep 2013 - 12:54

Just started watching this last night, so scrolling really fast down the page and not reading any comments. But im hooked already. Very dark humour. Love it!!!
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Sun 29 Sep 2013 - 19:02

Purchase Breaking Bad Seasons 1-3 Boxset from HMV today, so the journey's just starting for me... Heard such good things from this so have high expectations!

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by RinoGattuso Mon 30 Sep 2013 - 13:10

Well thats it over, great ending, the gun was class and the ricin was for Lydia never saw that coming.

RinoGattuso

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakatomi Plaza Mon 30 Sep 2013 - 19:39

I thought the episode could have been titled the Walt redemption, as I thought we saw the real Walt in this episode.

My favourite scene was Walt's last one with Skyler. I thought it was acted incredibly well, and was probably my favourite of the series as it conjured up so many emotions.

Ultimately it was a victory for Walt, and it was a satisfying ending for fans. Not wanting to be overly-critical, as I did enjoy this episode, but I don't think it was as good as Face off, or Full measures as a season ender. Goes to show how many great episodes there have been of Breaking Bad.

Nakatomi Plaza

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Mon 30 Sep 2013 - 19:42

Great end to a splendid show!!
=(

I guess Walt took the bullets for Jesse?
I think Walt's intention was never to save Jesse until he saw what they had put him through hence earning himself redemption by allowing Jesse to leave.

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Mon 30 Sep 2013 - 21:06

So there we have it. Predictable but satisfying end. Similar fate for Walt that met Jack Sheppard.

Another great show ends. Struggling to find things to watch now.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 30 Sep 2013 - 22:08

As others have said fine ending to the show. The scene with the Schwarts was brilliant, when he dropped his hand and the sights appeared on them was so unexpected and also a welcome return for Badger and Skinny Pete.

Ending was about what could be expected without being cliched and you can never have too many dead nazis if we're honest about things.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Mon 30 Sep 2013 - 22:25

Yeah my mind blew up when I saw Badger and Skinny Pete! Laugh 

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 30 Sep 2013 - 22:27

Loved Walt's line to Elliot "If we're going to go down that road, you're going to need a bigger knife" The darkness of the humour in the show is without compare at times.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Mon 30 Sep 2013 - 22:30

Completely agree!
I loved it when it turned out only to be lasers.

Best way to make someone do what you want is by fear!

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Tue 22 Oct 2013 - 8:46

Couple of SNL skits with Aaron Paul from the night before the Breaking Bad finale.

https://youtu.be/x5q8KWL6Ezw

https://youtu.be/bnTSxONpO4o

CFCNick

http://pucksandpitchforks.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Nov 2013 - 11:22

Just watched the final episode last night....have to say that whilst I've enjoyed it I felt it was too safe an ending given the way the series has run.

Remember watching the very last episode of Seinfeld and being disappointed... same with Frazier whereas the last episdoe of The Wire was great.

Have enjoyed BB but can't help feeling a tad cheated somehow.

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Sun 17 Nov 2013 - 16:53

Just finished the series yesterday.

Great show kept me interested but certain things I feel it could have done without.

The A-team style gun contraption for a start. Why? just makes me wonder if Chemistry teacher Walter White was a former navy seal, SAS, international elite super cop.....that they did not bother to mention. Artistic liecense I know but still. Overall enjoyed the show. Glad Hank got it, like Gomez tho, Todd had to die and Lydia was a complete b**ch but I would all day long.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by SharkSoul Sun 17 Nov 2013 - 17:41

Alternate ending here. Don't worry. No spoilers.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/jacelacob/this-breaking-bad-alternate-ending-must-be-seen-to-be-believ?bffb

SharkSoul

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 1 May 2017 - 23:21

Just finished rewatching this today

When i first watched it, it was up there on a list of shows i could potentially name as my favourite. Second time round it holds the number one spot on its own. I had forgotten how good it was. Even the secondary chatacters away from the main group are brilliant

Its so weird though. Skyler has every right to be an absolute cow. Afterall she is getting lied to left right and centre, but i still hate her for giving Walt grief...what a cow

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3