The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Breaking Bad - Contains Spoilers

+18
kingjohn7
Paul Mac 6CW
incontinentia
Soldier_Of_Fortune
Dr Gregory House MD
RinoGattuso
Mind the windows Tino.
ChequeredJersey
liverbnz
MidnightToker
bluestonevedder
The Galveston Giant
compelling and rich
profitius
Nakatomi Plaza
ONETWOFOREVER
Bull
Rowley
22 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Breaking Bad - Contains Spoilers - Page 2 Empty Breaking Bad - Contains Spoilers

Post by Rowley Fri 05 Jul 2013, 9:45 am

First topic message reminder :

Does anybody other than me watch and love this show. Have to be honest I am a late convert to the show as I only started watching it when I got Netflix but it is awesome. For those unfamiliar with the show it is about a high school chemistry teacher who get diagnosed with cancer and so in order to leave his family financially secure he begins manufacturing Crystal Meth. Because of his expertise as a chemist he turns out to be really good at this.

However perhaps inevitably producing crystal meth brings him into contact with other drug dealers, the DEA and the Mexican cartels with inevitably perilous results. If anyone has not seen it I can highly recommend it, really tense, incredibly dark humour and it has the brilliant Bryan Cranston starring in it, even thought I struggle to think of him as anything other than Hal in Malcolm in the Middle.

One thing I would add though is I have only seen the first four series so if anyone gives any spoilers for the fifth series I may well ban them.

Last edited by Rowley on Tue 13 Aug 2013, 10:06 am; edited 1 time in total

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Breaking Bad - Contains Spoilers - Page 2 Empty Re: Breaking Bad - Contains Spoilers

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Mon 12 Aug 2013, 11:15 am

Sorry, I'll give you a wee snippet

Walt is Walter Jr's father!!!

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Breaking Bad - Contains Spoilers - Page 2 Empty Re: Breaking Bad - Contains Spoilers

Post by Rowley Mon 12 Aug 2013, 1:20 pm

The Guardian has just put a spoiler on now. This feels like that episode of the likely lads where they are trying to avoid the football result.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakatomi Plaza Mon 12 Aug 2013, 8:15 pm

Dr Gregory House MD wrote:
New Episode!!!:
New Episode:

Nakatomi Plaza

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 12 Aug 2013, 10:04 pm

Just watched it, cannot wait until next week. Watched them all on netflix first time round so not used to this waiting for a week lark to see what happens.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Mon 12 Aug 2013, 10:49 pm

Nakatomi Plaza wrote:
Dr Gregory House MD wrote:
New Episode!!!:
New Episode:
New Episode:

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 13 Aug 2013, 10:07 am

Have edited titles as I can't be bothered (don't really know) how to do the whole text in spoilers thing.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Tue 13 Aug 2013, 2:31 pm

Does that mean we can talk without using the tags now?

I still can't believe Saul is having an affair with Skyler

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 13 Aug 2013, 2:34 pm

Yes you can mate. Basically means anyone who opens the thread who is not up to date gets what they deserve.

Loved last nights episode. The garage scene has already entered the pantheon of great TV scenes. Walt's ability to flip between Walt and Heisenberg is now totally convincing and scary every time.

Saul is still my favourite, so funny.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Tue 13 Aug 2013, 2:38 pm

Sweet, still can't decide what I enjoyed more, the opening flash forward or the garage scene at the end, lucky I don't have to choose.

Hope Jessie finds some purpose soon, for me one of the few weaknesses the show has is directionless self pitying Jessie, always gets on my nerves.

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 13 Aug 2013, 3:02 pm

Am with you a bit on Jesse. Realise he has gone through a lot but he also have five million dollars so every cloud and all that. I think we may see him and Hank team up to try and take Walt down as both believe he needs his come uppance but neither really has the ability to do it on their own.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RinoGattuso Tue 13 Aug 2013, 5:23 pm

Laugh 

RinoGattuso

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Wed 14 Aug 2013, 12:22 pm

Another cracker scene to add to the many already within the Breaking Bad catalogue (the garage one). I love the flash forwards too - always keep you wondering. I agree with others in that Jessie needs to have a point. Yo.

On another note, Dean Norris actually looked healthier with all the weight on to be honest.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by RinoGattuso Fri 16 Aug 2013, 2:12 pm

Spoiler:

RinoGattuso

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 20 Aug 2013, 7:37 am

What did we make of last nights episode? Have noticed the pace of this series is a lot less sedate than the previous ones. Does look like they are going to try and not leave any loose ends as Vince Gilligan said they would do.

Does look increasingly like Hank and Jesse are going to work together to bring Walt down. Cannot wait until the next episode to see the scene in the interogation room.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Tue 20 Aug 2013, 8:09 am

For 2 weeks in a row someone on my twitter feed has said 'why have they killed off Jesse' and for 2 weeks in a row I've believed them!

Anyhow, interesting ending to last nights. I can't remember why Jesse has got into this state of depression since its a few months since I watched the beginning of this series (was it the killing of the kid at the train heist?) but I don't think I'd understand the logic of Hank and Jesse teaming up.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 20 Aug 2013, 8:43 am

Think it has been a cumulative thing. Started with the death of his girlfriend who he lived next door till and think the kid and Mike have kind of tipped him over the edge as him and Mike had grown quite close. Even though Walt has never admitted it, he knows as Walt would never have gone after Mike's guys in prison with him still around.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed 21 Aug 2013, 12:39 pm

Fantastic Series. Managed to watch up to Season 5 Episode 6 in about 3 weeks haha.

Am catching up now and am gutted cos I will hate waiting a week for another episode. I cant believe that most have waited a year for the second half of series 5 to come out. I would be turkeying haha.

Saul has got to be one of the funniest characters goin!

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Wed 21 Aug 2013, 10:19 pm

It's an interesting thought about what would have happened to Jessie had he not decided to team up with Walt, though he's probably been taken to darker places than he would otherwise have, he'd probably have been dead by now otherwise

That's just my take on it, what do you guys think?

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Thu 22 Aug 2013, 7:38 am

Yer hanging round with Badger and Skinny Pete cant be good for anyones health haha

Just watched season 5 episode 7 & 8 last night. I cant believe they left it like that for nearly a year! The bar stewards!

I would have been gutted!

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 22 Aug 2013, 9:02 am

Like you Soldier have watched them back to back on netflix so have not had to endure the year wait. Not sure I'd have coped. Having to wait until the next Monday for each episode is killing me.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Thu 22 Aug 2013, 1:13 pm

Dr Gregory House MD wrote:It's an interesting thought about what would have happened to Jessie had he not decided to team up with Walt, though he's probably been taken to darker places than he would otherwise have, he'd probably have been dead by now otherwise

That's just my take on it, what do you guys think?
I knida think that Jesse somehow owes Walt. I know that might sound a little ironic given the path he's been lead down but as you say where would he have been otherwise? Jesse knows the game he's in is dirty, he witnessed it with Mike on many occasions, so he can't really blame anyone but himself. Live by the sword etc.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 22 Aug 2013, 1:22 pm

The thing with Jesse is for all his front and attitude he is an old softy at heart. You can see it throughout the series when he took the rap for his brother having a spliff at his parents’ house and how he took to the girl he met at rehabs kid. Genuinely think he has reached a point where he has too much on his conscience to carry round with him and is looking to balance the books by making Walt pay for some of the stuff he has done.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Mon 26 Aug 2013, 11:18 pm

I know it kind of gets boring to say it week after week, but yet another brilliant brilliant episode, can't believe 149 hours until the next one Sad

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 27 Aug 2013, 7:39 am

Depressing having to wait. As you say another great episode. Walt really needs to deal with Jesse, he is too much of a loose end and is too unstable to have about.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Tue 27 Aug 2013, 12:34 pm

Well the next episode is called Rabid Dog and we all know what happens with rabid dogs Sad

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Thu 29 Aug 2013, 11:56 pm

This will be unpopular but hey... does anyone think this show is slightly over hyped? I have watched series 1-3 in the last week, and maybe it's overkill but I have totally lost interest. Don't get me wrong the show is very good, but I don't think it has a patch on Game of Thrones. I felt the same way about The Sopranos, which, though enjoyable, didn't live up to the hype imo. Perhaps it's just not everyone's cup of tea, also watching lots of episodes in a row can have a jarring effect on one's interest levels.
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Fri 30 Aug 2013, 12:19 am

I'm completely the other way if I'm honest, I think Game of Thrones is the one that's over hyped (though still very good), where as I don't think BB can get enough praise, I would say that season 1 isn't the most gripping first season in TV history but if you've reached the end of season 3 and you're still not hooked, then maybe it's not for you.

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 30 Aug 2013, 6:56 am

Slagging the Sopranos and Breaking bad in the same post! Shall I ban him?

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Fri 30 Aug 2013, 9:46 am

I didnt care much for six feet under either so maybe it's me. Starting series 4 today anyhow. Both Game of thrones and Breaking Bad have a ranking of 9.4/10 on imdb, they can't be seperated!
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Mac 6CW Fri 30 Aug 2013, 11:03 am

I say we burn him - Clearly he is a witch Smile

Paul Mac 6CW
6CW Creative

Location : Born in Surrey, live near Sunderland and work in London

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 30 Aug 2013, 11:26 am

Paul Mac 6CW wrote:I say we burn him - Clearly he is a witch Smile
I agree, banning is too good for him. Stocks and rotten fruit in his local village first before a good old fashioned burning at the stake.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Mac 6CW Fri 30 Aug 2013, 11:44 am

Chuck him off a cliff - If he flies he is a witch, if not then oh well

Paul Mac 6CW
6CW Creative

Location : Born in Surrey, live near Sunderland and work in London

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Fri 30 Aug 2013, 12:53 pm

incontinentia wrote:I didnt care much for six feet under either so maybe it's me. Starting series 4 today anyhow. Both Game of thrones and Breaking Bad have a ranking of 9.4/10 on imdb, they can't be seperated!
I tried to be diplomatic, but you didn't care for SFU!!!!!! Kill him, kill him with fire!!!

:p each to their own and all that

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 03 Sep 2013, 9:04 am

Another great episode last night. Slow burner but what a finish. The proposed meet up at the end was so tense. Only four to go. What do people think Jesse’s plan to take Walt down is?

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Tue 03 Sep 2013, 10:41 pm

Hard to say, but it was great to see Jessie back with his old swagger, only struck me when I watched it that he probably hasn't acted like that since Drew Sharpe was killed, only down side was we didn't have a b**** stuck in for a full mark out moment.

Sad part was though, that Walt was genuinely the only person who cares about Jessie, Saul, Skylar and Hank all seem disinterested in whether he lives or dies.

Final thought of the episode, Jessie drinking out of the DEA mug, how was that for some on the nose symbolism.

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 03 Sep 2013, 10:56 pm

Like you say Greg nice to see Jesse get his swagger and snap out of his meth induced fog finally. Have to say though if I was in his position the last place I would like to come round in is Marie's inexplicably purple house.

Did wonder what he said when he said he was going after Walt where it hurts. Does he mean the money because he surely does not know where Walt has that buried, but he does know enough about him to hurt him in countless ways.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Tue 03 Sep 2013, 11:12 pm

I'd love to come in Maire...sorry come around in Maire's house

The money is probably the thing closest to Walt's heart but as you said Jessie doesn't know where it is, and based on the cold opening, you don't buy an illegal M-60 and a Volvo if you're skint (not even in America).

Maybe he's going to blow the lid on Todd? As he was probably who Jessie perceives as Walt's favourite, Really just throwing an idea.

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 05 Sep 2013, 2:15 pm

Is slightly worrying that the murdering meth addict Jesse has emerged as the shows moral compass. Does tend to show how royally screwed up everyone else involved has become.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Fri 06 Sep 2013, 12:10 am

I have no idea whats going to happen! ITS SOO TENSE !

Have to say though the episode called "Confessions" was one of the best episodes ive seen of the show imo, loved the twist with how Walt placed it all on Hank!

As for Rabid dog, Im afraid that Jesse has made massive mistake, after all Walt is the only person who actually cares about Jesse, unlike Hank etc.

Gone throw one out there, Jesse will not be killed by Todd's uncle !

2 other things I have a theory on.

When Jesse says he needed a "leak" what if he went and called Walt as after all Hank was talking about how Walt loves him, so maybe the "Hit" for Jesse is actually a hit for Gomez hence then framing Hank?

The other theory is the money theory which is what if Jesse took the lottery ticket with the locations of the money?

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 06 Sep 2013, 11:03 am

I genuinely cannot work out where the show is going to go. Seems clear Todd, Lydia and the ever loveable neo Nazis still have a role to play but beyond that I cannot work it out. Have no idea where Jesse plans to hurt Walt, one possibility is he tells Walt Jnr about what Walt is up to because Walt only started this to protect his family and destroying the love Jnr has for his Dad would hurt him but is only guess work.

The flash forward scenes where Walt has the beard suggest he is on war footing and in hiding which may be from the neo Nazis but god only knows. Cannot wait to find out though.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Fri 06 Sep 2013, 11:54 pm

Jesse's back!

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by RinoGattuso Sat 07 Sep 2013, 1:38 am

Last edited by RinoGattuso on Sat 07 Sep 2013, 11:49 am; edited 1 time in total

RinoGattuso

Back to top Go down

Post by RinoGattuso Sat 07 Sep 2013, 1:46 am

I think i know how it ends...

Spoiler:

Last edited by RinoGattuso on Sat 07 Sep 2013, 11:52 am; edited 2 times in total

RinoGattuso

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Sat 07 Sep 2013, 9:47 am

What was the point of that post? (Ive not read the spoiler btw))

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by RinoGattuso Sat 07 Sep 2013, 11:51 am

What is the point of that post?

RinoGattuso

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Mon 09 Sep 2013, 10:47 pm

Can't believe they ended it there!!! Simple question of the week, who lives?

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by RinoGattuso Mon 09 Sep 2013, 11:08 pm

I dont care who dies from that shootout aslong as Jesse lives.

But what a cruel cliff hanger.

RinoGattuso

Back to top Go down

Post by kingjohn7 Mon 09 Sep 2013, 11:10 pm

Tough one, I think either Hank or Jesse will have to make it for the story. Have to say I really hope Jesse cops a bullet. Maybe Hank and Gomez manage to fight off the gang killing a few of them, Walt manages to escape. The rest of the gang then blames Walt and graffiti his house? I really dont know.

kingjohn7

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 10 Sep 2013, 7:34 am

Hard to see Hank and Gomez walking away if the writers are realistic, they were out numbered and out gunned with no support likely to arrive. So unfair having to wait a full week

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Tue 10 Sep 2013, 8:18 am

Can't say I enjoyed that episode much. Jesse is still showing traits of a coward which is a bit annoying and the gunfight felt a little wild west. You'd imagine Hank and Gomez would be dead in real life by now - they were both virtually open when the others opened fire.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next