The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2017 Lions coach front runners

+21
LondonTiger
glamorganalun
maestegmafia
SecretFly
kiakahaaotearoa
Rugby Fan
Taylorman
formerly known as Sam
Brendan
RuggerRadge2611
sickofwendy
majesticimperialman
rodders
Seagultaf
MR. scotland27
wales606
Dim
Coleman
RubyGuby
bsando
DeludedOptimistorjustDave
25 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

2017 Lions coach front runners - Page 2 Empty 2017 Lions coach front runners

Post by DeludedOptimistorjustDave Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:46 pm

First topic message reminder :

Long way to go but who would do the job?

DeludedOptimistorjustDave

Back to top Go down

2017 Lions coach front runners - Page 2 Empty Re: 2017 Lions coach front runners

Post by RubyGuby Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:21 pm

thumbsup Grey- I was responding to another poster but I'll maintain that those that criticise Phillips are the same that criticise Gatland and maybe we should let the results do the talking - As I said, Murray struggled to hold down is Irish jersey last year and he did well with his couple of cameos usurping the much heralded Ben Youngs as back up - he should be pleased with his contributions

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

2017 Lions coach front runners - Page 2 Empty Re: 2017 Lions coach front runners

Post by niwatts Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:45 am

Depending on how he gets on with Newcastle in the Premiership, I reckon Dean Richards could be an interesting candidate.  He's from these Islands, a former Lion himself (played all tests in '89 & '93, a series win in Australia & a tight 2-1 loss in NZ which featured our biggest ever win over them), a hugely experienced coach but not embedded in a national setup, and he's got a few styles of rugby under his coaching belt (Harlequins & Leicester, where he won 4 Premiership titles & back to back Heineken Cups, both doubles).

For backs coach, after his influence on Clermont's backs over the last 5 years I'd also be keeping an eye on Alex King (4 Premiership titles and 2 Heineken Cups as a player) and what he can do for Northampton.

niwatts

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2