The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TV Cup - Round Three: Best thing on TV right now

+33
superflyweight
Shot 21 LCFC
SirJohnnyEnglish
compelling and rich
Trebs
Barney92
JDizzle
kingjohn7
x12x
bhb001
NickisBHAFC
Hulking_up
Dr Gregory House MD
Rowley
Union Cane
Hero
ChequeredJersey
Adam D
CaledonianCraig
Stella
The Womble
VDT
MIG
seanmichaels
Bull
Roller_Coaster
Marky
mystiroakey
Mind the windows Tino.
Galted
Nakatomi Plaza
Kenny
Dolphin Ziggler
37 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Best thing on TV right now

TV Cup - Round Three: Best thing on TV right now - Page 6 Vote_lcap7% TV Cup - Round Three: Best thing on TV right now - Page 6 Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 10 ]
 TV Cup - Round Three: Best thing on TV right now - Page 6 Vote_lcap4% TV Cup - Round Three: Best thing on TV right now - Page 6 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 6 ]
 TV Cup - Round Three: Best thing on TV right now - Page 6 Vote_lcap1% TV Cup - Round Three: Best thing on TV right now - Page 6 Vote_rcap 1% 
[ 2 ]
 TV Cup - Round Three: Best thing on TV right now - Page 6 Vote_lcap6% TV Cup - Round Three: Best thing on TV right now - Page 6 Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 8 ]
 TV Cup - Round Three: Best thing on TV right now - Page 6 Vote_lcap1% TV Cup - Round Three: Best thing on TV right now - Page 6 Vote_rcap 1% 
[ 2 ]
 TV Cup - Round Three: Best thing on TV right now - Page 6 Vote_lcap6% TV Cup - Round Three: Best thing on TV right now - Page 6 Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 8 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 8 ]
 TV Cup - Round Three: Best thing on TV right now - Page 6 Vote_lcap4% TV Cup - Round Three: Best thing on TV right now - Page 6 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 5 ]
[ 2 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 8 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 5 ]
 TV Cup - Round Three: Best thing on TV right now - Page 6 Vote_lcap0% TV Cup - Round Three: Best thing on TV right now - Page 6 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
 TV Cup - Round Three: Best thing on TV right now - Page 6 Vote_lcap9% TV Cup - Round Three: Best thing on TV right now - Page 6 Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 12 ]
[ 5 ]
 TV Cup - Round Three: Best thing on TV right now - Page 6 Vote_lcap5% TV Cup - Round Three: Best thing on TV right now - Page 6 Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 7 ]
 TV Cup - Round Three: Best thing on TV right now - Page 6 Vote_lcap7% TV Cup - Round Three: Best thing on TV right now - Page 6 Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 10 ]
[ 2 ]
 TV Cup - Round Three: Best thing on TV right now - Page 6 Vote_lcap2% TV Cup - Round Three: Best thing on TV right now - Page 6 Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 3 ]
 TV Cup - Round Three: Best thing on TV right now - Page 6 Vote_lcap3% TV Cup - Round Three: Best thing on TV right now - Page 6 Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 4 ]
[ 2 ]
 TV Cup - Round Three: Best thing on TV right now - Page 6 Vote_lcap12% TV Cup - Round Three: Best thing on TV right now - Page 6 Vote_rcap 12% 
[ 17 ]
[ 5 ]
 TV Cup - Round Three: Best thing on TV right now - Page 6 Vote_lcap2% TV Cup - Round Three: Best thing on TV right now - Page 6 Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 3 ]
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 138

Poll closed

TV Cup - Round Three: Best thing on TV right now - Page 6 Empty TV Cup - Round Three: Best thing on TV right now

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 08 Jul 2013, 10:24 pm

First topic message reminder :

Round Three of the TV Cup is another one for those who love their modern television. What is the best programme running now? What series or show in the recent months or returning soon is the reason to turn on your television?

We have a wide list of shows from documentaries to sitcoms, wrestling to reality shows and sport to news. 

PLEASE PICK TWO OPTIONS (Vote Cancelling is on this round)

Last round's winner was Nakatomi Plaza who proves to us all that he is the most childish.

The points were shared as follows:

Nakatomi Plaza 12
Tino 10
Hero 10
Bull 7
SeanMichaels 6
Adam D 5
Superflyweight 5
Marky 3
OnlyTrebleWinners 2
My fine young self 2

The Next Round is......well, we havent had an 80's themed round yet so Best Programme Aired in the 1980's. As far as I'm concerned this is any programme that ran through or was on during the 1980s. Younger members, you will have watched something and if you havent then you dont deserve to win anyway!

Send me at least two choices, up to four would be brilliant.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

TV Cup - Round Three: Best thing on TV right now - Page 6 Empty Re: TV Cup - Round Three: Best thing on TV right now

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 11 Jul 2013, 12:18 pm

Galted wrote:

Regarding finishing with "ferocious", we had finished with it but seanmichaels supplied the vital bit of proof I'd been missing in my argument.

Well, if you're relying on on a song by a guy whose album is called 'If I'm A Ham, Well You're A Sausage', then I fear your argument was rather flimsy in the first place.

I think Wingrove is/was your best bet for validation and he has been exposed as a bit of a fraud already.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

TV Cup - Round Three: Best thing on TV right now - Page 6 Empty Re: TV Cup - Round Three: Best thing on TV right now

Post by Galted Thu 11 Jul 2013, 12:20 pm

Hmmm, maybe I should have done some research regarding the song.

I'd like to tell you exactly what Wingrove does with termite mounds but I'd just get modded & have a private message notification.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Thu 11 Jul 2013, 12:21 pm

You got me watching Micro Monsters lastnight
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 11 Jul 2013, 12:23 pm

Kenny wrote:You got me watching Micro Monsters lastnight

And?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 11 Jul 2013, 12:25 pm

Galted wrote:

I'd like to tell you exactly what Wingrove does with termite mounds but I'd just get modded & have a private message notification.

If you can send me a picture of Wingrove either a) biting the head off a dove, or b) dry humping a termite mound, then I will concede everything and declare him far more ferocious than any mantis or centipede on the planet.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Thu 11 Jul 2013, 12:25 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:

And?

I went to sleep dreaming of being eaten by a centipede ! woke up sure something was crawling all over me as well
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 11 Jul 2013, 12:28 pm

Kenny wrote:

And?

I went to sleep dreaming of being eaten by a centipede ! woke up sure something was crawling all over me as well

That's what arthropods do mate, they get under the skin.....drumroll 

Once you let arthropods into your heart, you will love them forever.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 11 Jul 2013, 12:33 pm

Solifuges are probably the most underrated of the arthropods, they're big, mean-looking, not shy and fast as hell. Don't think they're harmful but they scare the sh1t out of unsuspecting people.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 11 Jul 2013, 12:41 pm

Galted wrote:Solifuges are probably the most underrated of the arthropods, they're big, mean-looking, not shy and fast as hell.  Don't think they're harmful but they scare the sh1t out of unsuspecting people.

They are pretty frightening looking things but non-venomous. Could give a nasty nip though if you found one in your slipper.

I'm sorry (actually, I'm not) to bang on about it, but I would still say that all the things you have out-lined above could be applied to centipedes and then some. Big? Check. Mean-looking? Hell yeah. Fast as hell? You try running away from an angry 'pede. And they are venomous, unlike the solifuge. Plus, a centipede would absolutely muller a solifuge in a scrap. All it has to do is stay below the eyeline of the solifuge, pretty easy when you spend your life on the floor, and bite the motherf*ckers legs until it can't walk anymore.

Game over and another one in the W column for the centipede.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Thu 11 Jul 2013, 12:46 pm

Solifuge (aka Camel Spider) vs Centipede

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWr42nn-yNA

I haven't watched it so I don't know who wins...
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 11 Jul 2013, 12:49 pm

Dunno Tino.
Very few species of centipede could be described as big.
They're not very mean-looking, they're ugly in a sort of dog-sh1t that's been rained on way.
Solifuges are quicker despite having fewer legs (and why would I run away from a centipede anyway? I would confidently stand my ground knowing that when it was in range it would get Hi-Tecced).
Venomous - fair point, but many species of animal have far more potent venom than centipedes.

Haven't seen a scrap between the two but solifuges are far more aesthetically pleasing and the name "solifuge" has a poetic flow to it whereas "centipede" sounds a bit like a kiddy-fiddler dispatch unit.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 11 Jul 2013, 12:50 pm

Union Cane wrote:Solifuge (aka Camel Spider) vs Centipede

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWr42nn-yNA

I haven't watched it so I don't know who wins...

I can't access this one, Union, but judging by the quote underneath, "Centipede gets PWNd by a Camel Spider" I am guessing the 'pede gets a whooping.

Again, almost certainly carrying a injury.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 11 Jul 2013, 12:58 pm

Galted wrote:Dunno Tino.
Very few species of centipede could be described as big.

Haven't seen a scrap between the two but solifuges are far more aesthetically pleasing and the name "solifuge" has a poetic flow to it whereas "centipede" sounds a bit like a kiddy-fiddler dispatch unit.

The biggest ones can be around 12 inches long! I pity Mrs Galted if you don't consider that big.

I think you're just going out of your way to find faults with centipedes, actually. Almost certainly because you're petrified of them. I think I would rather talk to Wingrove when you're in this kind of mood.

As for the name, I would agree that "solifuge" has a lovely cadence to it and begrudgingly concede that your kiddy-fiddler dispatch unit line made me chuckle.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Gialloblu Thu 11 Jul 2013, 1:03 pm

Micro Monsters has less votes than '-And One Pick We Are Waiting On-'.
Il Gialloblu
Il Gialloblu

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 11 Jul 2013, 1:06 pm

Il Gialloblu wrote:Micro Monsters has less votes than '-And One Pick We Are Waiting On-'.

Are you deliberately trying to be hurtful, Gia? You must see some cool arthropods in China?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 11 Jul 2013, 1:06 pm

Well Tino, that certainly is magnanimous. In return I will officially accept that centipedes have the right to be described as ferocious. In fact, in future when I'm out walking with all the little Galteds and we see a centipede, instead of calmly saying "squash the f****r you ugly little b******s" I'll say "look at that ferocious centipede you ugly little b*******s".

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Thu 11 Jul 2013, 1:16 pm

When is the next round?
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 11 Jul 2013, 1:20 pm

Why Union, why?

If that happens then this thread will slowly be forgotten and that would be a crying shame for all concerned.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Thu 11 Jul 2013, 1:22 pm

I'm confident of getting at least, ooh I don't know, five votes in the next round, I've picked a cracker.

I'm sure you'll find a way of crow-barring a discussion on anthrobuses into the next thread too.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 11 Jul 2013, 1:25 pm

Some rather unsavory individual has removed their vote for Micro Monsters.

I will find you.  And hurt you.

Last edited by Mind the windows Tino. on Thu 11 Jul 2013, 1:32 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Don't want to upset my mate Union)

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 11 Jul 2013, 1:44 pm

I had the same problem with 8 out of 10 cats, had 3 votes early on in the round, when I next checked it was down to 2 and, since then, no activity at all.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Gialloblu Thu 11 Jul 2013, 1:46 pm

Il Gialloblu wrote:Micro Monsters has less votes than '-And One Pick We Are Waiting On-'.

Are you deliberately trying to be hurtful, Gia?  You must see some cool arthropods in China?

The cool ones I see are mainly on skewers.

I did stand on a cockroach this morning though. He'd somehow managed to flip himself over onto his back, with his little legs flailing about so wasn't much of a challenge. I don't like the noise though, the way they crunch.
Il Gialloblu
Il Gialloblu

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 11 Jul 2013, 1:47 pm

I'm beginning to think I may have been a little too pushy on the arthropod front and actually alienated my one and only voter.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 11 Jul 2013, 1:47 pm

Il Gialloblu wrote:

Are you deliberately trying to be hurtful, Gia?  You must see some cool arthropods in China?

I did stand on a cockroach this morning though. He'd somehow managed to flip himself over onto his back, with his little legs flailing about so wasn't much of a challenge. I don't like the noise though, the way they crunch.

Shocked 

You ghastly man.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinedine_Ze_Zebra Thu 11 Jul 2013, 1:56 pm

Nakatomi Plaza wrote:Don't see me winning this round! Voted for Breaking Bad, which keeps on getting better and better, and It's always Sunny, which is hilarious. I think Kaitlin Olson's the best comedic actress going. Parks and Rec narrowly misses out on my vote.

Damn good show. #Aug11th

Zinedine_Ze_Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 11 Jul 2013, 2:15 pm

Il Gialloblu wrote:

Shocked 

You ghastly man.

I'm sure IG crushed the cockroach knowing that by doing this he would actually be spreading the eggs of the cockroach over a greater area thus spreading the population of the little critters over a greater area. Conservationism in action right there.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 11 Jul 2013, 2:25 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:I'm beginning to think I may have been a little too pushy on the arthropod front and actually alienated my one and only voter.

You sold out Tino.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 11 Jul 2013, 2:29 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:I'm beginning to think I may have been a little too pushy on the arthropod front and actually alienated my one and only voter.

You sold out Tino.

It hurts mate. It really hurts.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Gialloblu Thu 11 Jul 2013, 2:57 pm

seanmichaels wrote:
Il Gialloblu wrote:

Shocked 

You ghastly man.

I'm sure IG crushed the cockroach knowing that by doing this he would actually be spreading the eggs of the cockroach over a greater area thus spreading the population of the little critters over a greater area. Conservationism in action right there.

Hopefully it was a male, meaning the net result was -1.

Surely not even Tino can be fond of cockroaches? You're lucky you don't have too many back there. Although I'm glad we don't get those flying ones that they get in Thailand.
Il Gialloblu
Il Gialloblu

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 11 Jul 2013, 3:02 pm

Il Gialloblu wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:
Il Gialloblu wrote:

Shocked 

You ghastly man.

Surely not even Tino can be fond of cockroaches? You're lucky you don't have too many back there. Although I'm glad we don't get those flying ones that they get in Thailand.

Not a great lover of them, Gia but can't condone your brutality.

Have you seen any giant Asian hornets on your travels? Not on skewers either, I mean actually flying around?

They are big aggressive brutes.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Gialloblu Thu 11 Jul 2013, 3:33 pm

Il Gialloblu wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:
Il Gialloblu wrote:

Shocked 

You ghastly man.

Not a great lover of them, Gia but can't condone your brutality.

Have you seen any giant Asian hornets on your travels?  Not on skewers either, I mean actually flying around?

They are big aggressive brutes.

Funny you should ask Tino. No, I haven't. I do remember one day in Thailand though when I found a load of ants eating a dragonfly on my patio. I don't know if they'd taken him down or had just opportunistically found his carcass. By the time I arrived on the scene, it was already too late.

Warning - contains images some may find upsetting:
Il Gialloblu
Il Gialloblu

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 11 Jul 2013, 3:58 pm

Cockroaches are bloody awful things. Stayed in a wooden hut in Byron Bay that was full of them.

I think a Hi Tech / Reebok Classic would have more success than a giant centipede.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 11 Jul 2013, 4:10 pm

The next round will be put up about midnight tonight, I'm waiting on CJB only I think.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 11 Jul 2013, 4:18 pm

I am particularly pleased with my vote for the next round. Is highly unlikely to secure too many votes but does show some extraordinary tastes on my part.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 11 Jul 2013, 6:44 pm

Rowley wrote:I am particularly pleased with my vote for the next round. Is highly unlikely to secure too many votes but does show some extraordinary tastes on my part.

Tenko?

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Thu 11 Jul 2013, 7:29 pm

superflyweight wrote:
Rowley wrote:I am particularly pleased with my vote for the next round. Is highly unlikely to secure too many votes but does show some extraordinary tastes on my part.

Tenko?

A very unusual practice?

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 11 Jul 2013, 7:51 pm

No not Tenko superfly. Do not want to reveal the name because my obvious popularity on here would run the risk of causing people to vote for it irrespective of whther they hade even seen it and thus skewer the vote and integrity of the process.

Classic gritty 80's social commentary drama.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Thu 11 Jul 2013, 7:54 pm

TISWAS it is then

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 11 Jul 2013, 7:55 pm

It's either "Lives and Loves of a She Devil" or I'm guessing Grange Hill spin off, "Tucker's Luck".

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 11 Jul 2013, 7:57 pm

Tuckers Luck, gritty social commentary drama?

Spin offs from popular shows is a cracker of an idea for a round though super. I'd go for Brookside spin off Damon and Debbie.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 11 Jul 2013, 8:00 pm

Damon and Debbie! Those kids... sigh.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 11 Jul 2013, 8:02 pm

bhb001 wrote:
superflyweight wrote:

Tenko?

A very unusual practice?

Wasn't it called "A Very Peculiar Practice?"

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu 11 Jul 2013, 8:03 pm

Allo allo?

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 11 Jul 2013, 8:08 pm

You Rang M'Lord was a cutting social commentary.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 11 Jul 2013, 8:13 pm

superflyweight wrote:You Rang M'Lord was a cutting social commentary.  

It was also proper s*ite. As you know I am a man of taste superfly.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Boss Thu 11 Jul 2013, 9:56 pm

Back up to 1 Tino I do love Attenborough's voice!

The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Thu 11 Jul 2013, 10:03 pm

superflyweight wrote:
bhb001 wrote:
superflyweight wrote:

Tenko?

A very unusual practice?

Wasn't it called "A Very Peculiar Practice?"

Probably. But I never let accuracy get in the way of a joke

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Fri 12 Jul 2013, 11:03 am

Very late to vote here but, with the odd misgiving, went for Pointless and MotD.

My man love for Richard Osman knows no bounds so had to plump for Pointless. However, Pointless Celebrities is not a patch on the true programme. For a start, the celebrities are Z list. That might be a bit of amusing irony if they didn't try and impose themselves so much. They're not the reason for watching - the contestants are merely the equivalent of spear carriers in a Shakespeare masterpiece whilst the real top spots are the banter between Richard and Zander plus the whole clever format.

There are obvious weaknesses with MotD - Lineker's ears threaten to protrude through the tv screen, Shearer is as dull as ditch water and Lineker for some reason appears to believe he's an entertaining presenter. However, watching the highlights on a Saturday night when you don't know the scores remains a joy to behold. Probably lucky to get my vote - far more to do with my love of the game than respect for the show.

Honourable shout outs to QI (Fry and Davies so good together), The Apprentice (however we need Margaret back), The Fall (cop out ending though) and Mad Men (unfortunately haven't seen it since it switched to some yampy channel).

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Fri 12 Jul 2013, 12:01 pm

Lineker is a legend!!!

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Fri 12 Jul 2013, 1:52 pm

Shot 21 LCFC wrote:Lineker is a legend!!!
He could find the onion bag - I'll give you that!

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next