The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grand Theft Auto V.

+25
cherriesfna
Y I Man
Pr4wn
Fists of Fury
JuliusHMarx
VTR
B91212
Looseheaded
goldwolf
hampo17
ShahenshahG
NickisBHAFC
Hero
pscott
liverbnz
profitius
Dolphin Ziggler
Dr Gregory House MD
incontinentia
BamBam
Duty281
MIG
Bull
Hulking_up
Holymiky
29 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Grand Theft Auto V. - Page 3 Empty Grand Theft Auto V.

Post by Holymiky Tue 09 Jul 2013, 9:37 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hi all,

I, like many others i'm sure are excited about the release of GTAV on the 17th September 2013. I am extremely excited about this and today there was a gameplay trailer released and i have to say, like the other trailers so far it looks absolutely amazing. I think this game is going to be one of the best of all time. It is releasing for Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 on release.

Here is todays gameplay trailer if you wish to check it out.

Last edited by Holymiky on Sun 11 Aug 2013, 6:51 pm; edited 2 times in total

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Grand Theft Auto V. - Page 3 Empty Re: Grand Theft Auto V.

Post by ShahenshahG Thu 19 Sep 2013, 5:08 pm

Laugh Ive never quite been caught up in the hype like this before and the product exceeded expectations.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 20 Sep 2013, 12:06 pm

My mate who works at Rockstar was told, along with everyone else, to bring his console into work this week and next week. The whole company is playing the game at work.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 20 Sep 2013, 2:50 pm

Azzy Mahmood wrote:My mate who works at Rockstar was told, along with everyone else, to bring his console into work this week and next week. The whole company is playing the game at work.
Is that the same mate, who said the game is not as good as the hype? Bet they've had huge bonuses this week. What is is £500m+ in sales already.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 20 Sep 2013, 2:58 pm

He did, and he still thinks it should have been better. He offered me a free copy but I turned him down, as I have no interest. Unluckily for him he doesn't qualify for any bonus as he's still on probation Laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Fri 20 Sep 2013, 5:35 pm

Finished the main story now. Very good, but a slightly weak ending I thought.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 20 Sep 2013, 5:51 pm

Duty281 wrote:Finished the main story now. Very good, but a slightly weak ending I thought.
You don't mess about Duty!

I'm about 10% in Laugh 

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Fri 20 Sep 2013, 5:52 pm

I think i have just finished the Story on GTA 5. Wow, this game is amazing - I have throughly enjoyed it from start to finish i would definitely recommend the game.

The game has an amazing storyline, amazing scenery and amazing graphics which includes incredible detail in all aspects.

There are some really fun activities and things to do aswell.

I think there are still missions etc that i can do aswell.

Last edited by Holymiky on Fri 20 Sep 2013, 5:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Fri 20 Sep 2013, 5:53 pm

FreekShow wrote:
Duty281 wrote:Finished the main story now. Very good, but a slightly weak ending I thought.
You don't mess about Duty!

I'm about 10% in Laugh 
Laugh 

Oh just savour it, it's good while it lasts. Besides which, I'm unemployed and have zilch to do in the afternoons.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sat 21 Sep 2013, 9:23 am

Played this for most of the day yesterday and I'm still only 38% through it. The heists are great, the fact you can do it loud and stupid, or silent and smart is a great touch.

I thought the switching between characters would be a pain but it's actually quite well done and is no more than annoying than loading a new level.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sat 21 Sep 2013, 9:34 am

Even on an old tv the experience is fantastic - though I have to get my brother to read the text messages Laugh brilliant brilliant game

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sun 22 Sep 2013, 12:15 pm

Any idea how to fly the helicopter faster - cant complete the timed chopper mission xbox360 cheers.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Sun 22 Sep 2013, 1:42 pm

If you move your left stick forward now and again, the helicopter should gain more speed i think.

I hope this helps.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sun 22 Sep 2013, 1:51 pm

Ive been using the push hold and release and repeat technique - its a little more stable but doesnt help too much. I'll give it a go in any case. Cheers.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by VTR Mon 23 Sep 2013, 11:37 am

How many hours of gameplay to get through the main story? Enjoyed GTA 4 but was a bit long for me at 40 hrs to get through the story

VTR

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Mon 23 Sep 2013, 12:28 pm

VTR wrote:
How many hours of gameplay to get through the main story? Enjoyed GTA 4 but was a bit long for me at 40 hrs to get through the story
About 20-25 hours I would have thought.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by VTR Mon 23 Sep 2013, 12:41 pm

Duty281 wrote:
VTR wrote:
About 20-25 hours I would have thought.
thumbsup useful info, thanks

VTR

Back to top Go down

Post by goldwolf Tue 24 Sep 2013, 9:32 am

Really impressed with V, particularly enjoying the flying missions ATM, better than most flight Sims!!!

goldwolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 24 Sep 2013, 4:46 pm

goldwolf wrote:Really impressed with V, particularly enjoying the flying missions ATM, better than most flight Sims!!!
I just can't get the hang of the flying Goldy! Was nearly crying into my coffee trying to land the damn thing on Sunday Laugh 

Still thoroughly enjoying the game mind.

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Tue 24 Sep 2013, 4:49 pm

If any of you drink/smoke weed - do so before you do the second barry mission with either michael or trevor - it cracked me up pretty good

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by goldwolf Tue 24 Sep 2013, 7:51 pm

FreekShow wrote:
goldwolf wrote:Really impressed with V, particularly enjoying the flying missions ATM, better than most flight Sims!!!
I just can't get the hang of the flying Goldy! Was nearly crying into my coffee trying to land the damn thing on Sunday Laugh

Still thoroughly enjoying the game mind.
Yeah I know what you mean, the missions are the easy bit........but try and land safely again........leads to some language that would make Trevor proud!!! furious

goldwolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 24 Sep 2013, 7:54 pm

So I read there are problems with parking your cars in garages or something? Sounds like Rockstar didn't do their usual stringent testing.

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 24 Sep 2013, 8:06 pm

My kid is 12 years old - says all his mates are playing this, even though it's 18 - what do people reckon about it's suitability for younger kids?
He plays Call of Duty, but I can live with the violence.
What's GTA like - read that there's a gratuitous torture scene and the women are just sex objects etc
Any views?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 24 Sep 2013, 8:20 pm

There are some cut scenes that kids should not really be viewing Marx and the language is really out there at times. When you unlock the third character (Trevor) it really does get a bit Tarnatino, so to speak.

Was talking about this today to a workmate who's just brought his 11 year old son the game. Shame they couldn't have made some kind of censored version or something a little more watered down.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Tue 24 Sep 2013, 11:27 pm

I haven't yet played GTA 5 so can't make reference to its content, but I personally had played all the GTA games up to San Andreas (as had a large amount of my peer group) by the age of 13, I wouldn't say it has had any effect on me, obviously everyone's different but I feel kids can be underrated by adults in terms of what they have and have not already been exposed to, and chances are if his friends have it he's probably all ready been exposed to it.

I guess it all comes down to parental choice, my mother was always very easy going in terms of censorship and trusted me to distinguish between what was real and what isn't, I think it comes to how you feel about your son, is he easily influenced? Is he exposed to violence, bad language and sexuality through other forms of media, how does he react to that?

Like I said though, I haven't played 5 yet, people could tell me it's much more than the old GTA games, but as someone who played some of the older GTA games around the same age as your son, I'm just giving my own experiences.

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 24 Sep 2013, 11:38 pm

Thanks guys, useful input. I've taken a hard-line stance with him - 'No way', but in reality I'm considering letting him buy it.

He says his friends mainly play on-line together and just do chasing/racing - is that possible? Pretty sure he would only want to play on-line with his mates.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Tue 24 Sep 2013, 11:41 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:Thanks guys, useful input. I've taken a hard-line stance with him - 'No way', but in reality I'm considering letting him buy it.

He says his friends mainly play on-line together and just do chasing/racing - is that possible? Pretty sure he would only want to play on-line with his mates.
The online part of the game doesn't open until next Tuesday.

Anyway, I would say he's fine to play it as long as you're sure he wouldn't copy behaviour or language from the game. I mean, I played Vice City from when I was 7, and I've turned out (mostly) fine.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 24 Sep 2013, 11:52 pm

If he's got the attention span I had at 12 years old then he'll probably skip the cut scenes anyway Laugh and just wanna play, play, play!

Looking forward to the online play myself but wont fly into that until I've finished the story in 2015!

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Wed 25 Sep 2013, 12:54 am

ShahenshahG wrote:Ive been using the push hold and release and repeat technique - its a little more stable but doesnt help too much. I'll give it a go in any case. Cheers.
Oh okay, I might be wrong and i just suggested what i did because i thought it may help thats all.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed 25 Sep 2013, 7:18 am

My two sons are 7 and 6, several of their friends play Call of Duty, mine are allowed Mario.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by goldwolf Wed 25 Sep 2013, 8:25 am

IMO this game is much worse than the previous games, no 12 year old should be playing it. My lad said the same, all his mates are playing it, so I said I would test it a bit, glad I did. The language is bad, but violence and sexual content is shocking for a game. There's no way a kid should be playing it. I don't doubt 50% of his mates are saying they're playing it because it's cool to be.........problem is I know their parents!!!

goldwolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 25 Sep 2013, 9:40 am

No-one under the age of 18 should be playing it, simples. Me and a mate used to have a go at the 10 year old kids playing COD, ask them to go get their mum so we could tell her what a bad parent she is. I find it despicable that kids so young are exposed to such graphic adult content.

Back to top Go down

Post by MIG Wed 25 Sep 2013, 10:06 am

If my kid was around 15 and asked for the game I'd probably say ok.  10 or 11?  Not a chance.

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Wed 25 Sep 2013, 10:31 am

Oh come now, I've been playing GTA games since the age of 4 (think GTA London was the first I played), and it never did me any harm.

Having said that though, this GTA version is the most adult yet. Upwards from 10 or 11 is probably fine, as long as they're mature enough to handle it.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 25 Sep 2013, 10:56 am

Well I'm sure there are no Robert Thompsons or Jon Venableses nowadays. All good in da hood.

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Wed 25 Sep 2013, 2:31 pm

Just played a bit of GTA London for nostalgia purposes. One mission involved picking up a chap called "Lucan" and taking him to the plastic surgeons as he had "a spot of bother with the nanny".

Bloody brilliant! Laugh

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Wed 25 Sep 2013, 2:42 pm

Laugh that's ace.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 29 Sep 2013, 3:52 pm

Had to laugh when I read this last night. From Metro:

GTA V developer Rockstar has been forced to come out and defend Los Santos’s police force against claims of racial discrimination from gamers.

The world has been absorbed by the free-roaming game over the past week, which has broken sales records and been critically-acclaimed for its immersive gaming experience and realism.

Some players have been irked by what they see as racial profiling by the in-game police however, purportedly experienced when playing as the game’s only black protagonist, Franklin.

‘Walked up to a cop as Franklin, cop dropped his coffee and said “back the f*** up”. Then shot me in the face. For no reason. #Racist #GTAV’ one gamer wrote on Twitter, with another adding: ‘Anytime I’m franklin, I get chased by cops for “a disturbance.” this never happens with Michael or Trevor. The gta cops are racist’
(sic).

The Grand Theft Auto series is known for its satire and social commentary, but Rockstar insists the in-game police do not have a proclivity towards arresting black people.

The developer told Buzzfeed: ‘This is absolutely false, the in-game police don’t treat one lead character any differently from the others.’

More likely, players choosing to commit crimes in broad daylight with assorted weapons might be the reason for excessive police attention, something that can be remedied with this painfully obvious but useful GTA tip that surfaced earlier in the week.[/i]

Laugh  Some people..

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sun 29 Sep 2013, 3:57 pm

hahaha

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun 29 Sep 2013, 4:48 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:My kid is 12 years old - says all his mates are playing this, even though it's 18 - what do people reckon about it's suitability for younger kids?
He plays Call of Duty, but I can live with the violence.
What's GTA like - read that there's a gratuitous torture scene and the women are just sex objects etc
Any views?
Ive been playing GTA since the first one, so about the age of 8/9? I have never killed anyone, mugged anyone, driven my car with a weapon hanging out the window or picked up a prostitute. At 12, well you've seen loads of stuff on TV and the internet. Kids at risk are those who dont have a parent who would notice any sign of behavioural problems a long time before they got a weapon and went mad.

My dad was talking to me about the water torture scene before i played it. It has so little impact in the game, you'd have to know what water torture was and how bad it was before it would really twig in your brain that it was happening in the game.

All GTA does is make me appreciate how good the real police are. In GTA if you hide in a bush, you can kill people and then escape. The crime is never brought up again. If a kid thinks thats the case in real life then he may have been raised in the wild.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Sun 29 Sep 2013, 4:52 pm

I do love the cops in the game, I watched from the side of the street a cop chase where the cops shot down a car of criminals, a random fat woman in a beat up car accidentally bumped the back of the cop car, the copper shot her in the head and then just walked off down the road without a care in the world.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun 29 Sep 2013, 5:29 pm

Hero wrote:I do love the cops in the game, I watched from the side of the street a cop chase where the cops shot down a car of criminals, a random fat woman in a beat up car accidentally bumped the back of the cop car, the copper shot her in the head and then just walked off down the road without a care in the world.
I had the same with two ambulance guys. I had just beat the hell out of someone, and as the ambulance came in another person bumped into them as they parked. The two ambulance guys got out, dragged the driver of the car out before beating him senseless, caring for the guy id killed and then drove off. I was laughing for ages.

Still, nothing makes me laugh as much as making my character fall over. Every time I jump into something and fall down, every single time, I crack up Laugh 

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by goldwolf Mon 30 Sep 2013, 10:10 am

Valid question from my lad about 18 rated games, he asked: "why do they rate games 18 to stop kids playing it, but it's always adults that go out and kill people?"
Good question I thought, maybe they should do away with the 18 cert and make a " no loonies, psychos or anyone unable to differentiate gaming and reality" one instead!!

goldwolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 30 Sep 2013, 10:20 am

While the vast majority of murders are by adults, there are cases where children do it too. Like the kid in america last month who killed his gran with a gun, having been playing XBOX and wanting to try it out for real.

Back to top Go down

Post by goldwolf Mon 30 Sep 2013, 10:32 am

I realise some kids are effected by games, I just thought it was an interedtin view on modern life.

BTW is anyone else a little disappointed with how easy the game is?

goldwolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Mon 30 Sep 2013, 10:38 am

goldwolf wrote:I realise some kids are effected by games, I just thought it was an interedtin view on modern life.

BTW is anyone else a little disappointed with how easy the game is?
Well it was incredibly easy, but I expected that in truth. Hasn't been a difficult GTA game since Vice City, sadly.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 30 Sep 2013, 10:39 am

Yeah, I'd never have thought of that. Kids are geniuses at times.

My mate at Rockstar says they're all bored of the game now, and can't wait to start work on their next project. Which makes me think, is that some clever management of what? Make your employees play the game for two weeks til they're sick of it, so they're actually looking forward to the next project rather than pining for the old days of working on GTAV.

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Tue 01 Oct 2013, 6:58 pm

I've always wondered why GTA has never had a easy, normal, hard option would add a lot more to the game.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Tue 01 Oct 2013, 10:50 pm

Just finished the main story, really enjoyed this game from start to finish. Not like LA Noire where you really didn't care for the main character, this is like Red Dead Redemption where you find yourself caring what happens to these guys.

With the online launching today I'm looking forward to pulling off some heists with a few mates. If anyone wants to add me for some online play it's paulhv2.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed 02 Oct 2013, 12:35 am

Mine for xbox is hero606v2

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed 02 Oct 2013, 11:59 am

Did my first heist last night which I very much enjoyed, trying to take the main storyline slowly and just explore the city.

On the note of hidden things like the parts of the letter, does anyone at all find the entire set without resorting to using maps to guide them? I've stumbled across 2 so far.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next