The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good start for Henson, punched already!

+39
Cyril
Adam D
hjumpshoe
Irish Londoner
George Carlin
mckay1402
irfon17
Breadvan
ChequeredJersey
Hood83
Casartelli
Rory_Gallagher
MotelMoneyMurderMadness
Artful_Dodger
Gibson
Bathman_in_London
flyhalffactory
Cardiff Dave
t1000advancedprototype
gregortree
Taffineastbourne
beshocked
munkian
HammerofThunor
yappysnap
MrsP
formerly known as Sam
pioden gorllewin
Imperialbigdave
twoeightnine
Jhamer25
Notch
HongKongCherry
lostinwales
Geordie
SecretFly
GLove39
ScarletSpiderman
Effervescing Elephant
43 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Good start for Henson, punched already! Empty Good start for Henson, punched already!

Post by Effervescing Elephant Fri 12 Jul 2013, 11:42 am

ESPN story here.

Not going to draw any conclusions before the full story comes out. Doesn't look good for Bath whatever happened.
Effervescing Elephant
Effervescing Elephant

Back to top Go down

Good start for Henson, punched already! Empty Re: Good start for Henson, punched already!

Post by ScarletSpiderman Fri 12 Jul 2013, 11:56 am

I guess it is bad for Bath, because knowing Gav this will be an excuse to sit out for half the season 'injured'
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Good start for Henson, punched already! Empty Re: Good start for Henson, punched already!

Post by Effervescing Elephant Fri 12 Jul 2013, 11:59 am

Ha, good point SS!
Effervescing Elephant
Effervescing Elephant

Back to top Go down

Post by GLove39 Fri 12 Jul 2013, 12:03 pm

Ohhhh, Gavin. Maybe he'll leave Bath and become Money Bill's sparring partner..? boxing Laugh 

GLove39

https://www.youtube.com/user/GLove39

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 12 Jul 2013, 12:12 pm

Well, here we go with another Henson chapter.

He gets a job, it's a nice job, he has a fight (maybe his fault, maybe he's just a gunslinger going around with a reputation that other players want to get at) and he's fired, he gets a job, it's a nice job, he has a fight (mayber his fault, maybe he's just a gunslinger going around with a reputation that other players want a piece of) and he's fired, he gets a job.................

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Fri 12 Jul 2013, 12:24 pm

Wonder who punched him? Theres a few Bath lads who i bet can dish it out...

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Fri 12 Jul 2013, 12:27 pm

I wouldn't be suprised if it wasn't Dom Day, Turk v Jack dislike and all.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Fri 12 Jul 2013, 12:41 pm

Poor Henson - hes just so misunderstood laughing 

Seriously, just how does he do it. Every time....

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by HongKongCherry Fri 12 Jul 2013, 12:43 pm

You can't blame this one on Big Les!
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 12 Jul 2013, 12:46 pm

Nasty Bath Hooligans.

Wouldn't have had this trouble if you had come to Rodney Parade Gav. We are friendlier types.

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Fri 12 Jul 2013, 12:49 pm

Risca Rev wrote:Nasty Bath Hooligans.

Wouldn't have had this trouble if you had come to Rodney Parade Gav. We are friendlier types.

Honesty time Rev; would you be happy with Gav at the Dragons? Full disclosure Smile 
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 12 Jul 2013, 12:52 pm

Henson's rugby history wiki entry:

Eats, Shoots and Leaves.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Jhamer25 Fri 12 Jul 2013, 1:21 pm

Not hard enough by he sounds. He must be a real censored 

Jhamer25

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 12 Jul 2013, 1:36 pm

Notch wrote:
Risca Rev wrote:Nasty Bath Hooligans.

Honesty time Rev; would you be happy with Gav at the Dragons? Full disclosure Smile 

Don't think we really need him, though of course people say Lyn can get the best out of him. I'd rather us develop Dixon at 12, we have enough cover at 10 and two decent enough 15s.

Don't think you can call him a bums on seats type player anymore.

Back to top Go down

Post by twoeightnine Fri 12 Jul 2013, 1:46 pm

Risca Rev, You're welcome to him. I know that he was a good player...once. Now he's just a liability.

Oh how I laughed when I saw that a club was interested in him, then I saw it was mine!

twoeightnine

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperialbigdave Fri 12 Jul 2013, 1:48 pm

SecretFly wrote:Henson's rugby history wiki entry:

Eats, Shoots and Leaves.

Pandas arent orange.

Imperialbigdave
Imperialbigdave

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Fri 12 Jul 2013, 1:50 pm

Imperialbigdave wrote:

Eats, Shoots and Leaves.

Pandas arent orange.

They do have black eyes though

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by pioden gorllewin Fri 12 Jul 2013, 2:05 pm

Allegedly it was Carl fearns who knocked him out .
pioden gorllewin
pioden gorllewin

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 12 Jul 2013, 2:10 pm

lostinwales wrote:
Imperialbigdave wrote:

Eats, Shoots and Leaves.

Pandas arent orange.

They do have black eyes though

Best one in a long time on this site, lostinwales. Congrats.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Fri 12 Jul 2013, 2:19 pm

I've also heard It's Fearns. Carl better be careful, with his injury record a punch like that could see both of them injured for the start of the season.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Fri 12 Jul 2013, 2:22 pm

Saw an absolute belter on twitter, on a parody account of Gerry Thornley (Irish rugby journo);

https://twitter.com/NePasThornley/status/355676846433632256

Although it sounds like Gav wasn't the one doing the beating at the end of it! Smile
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 12 Jul 2013, 2:24 pm

If he lives that long, yeah, he has the right.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by HongKongCherry Fri 12 Jul 2013, 2:26 pm

Without being a prude, with it being pre-season should players be out on the lash?
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 12 Jul 2013, 2:27 pm

It's called bonding, I think. But Henson hasn't been long enough with any club to get the gist of it yet.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Fri 12 Jul 2013, 2:29 pm

Probably comes under 'team bonding' - or not in this case

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Fri 12 Jul 2013, 3:06 pm

Goodness knows I am no fan of Henson's way of doing things but is it not a bit rich of ESPN to demonise the punchee rather than the puncher in their headline?

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by HongKongCherry Fri 12 Jul 2013, 3:17 pm

Here it is!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdm7vklSh8E
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Fri 12 Jul 2013, 3:23 pm

MrsP wrote:Goodness knows I am no fan of Henson's way of doing things but is it not a bit rich of ESPN to demonise the punchee rather than the puncher in their headline?

True... but as a Doctor you'd have to say Gavin Henson has a medical history of getting punched in the face! I wonder why that is...

A guy with a noted gift for alienating people has pretty much lost the benefit of the doubt when something like this happens.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 12 Jul 2013, 3:26 pm

Looks like Henson was looking to be floored and got his request played.  Could be wrong but the man really needs to stay away from alcohol.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Fri 12 Jul 2013, 3:27 pm

HongKongCherry wrote:Here it is!!

Def Fearns!

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Fri 12 Jul 2013, 3:33 pm

Indeed Notch.

I was just amused at the way it was phrased. You don't often read a headline implying the punchee was the one out of line.

I agree that it would appear that he is just one of those people who would be better off staying away from alcohol. I would imagine that most guys who get into fights when they drink, learn to drink less. You would imagine if that penny was going to drop with Henson it would have dropped by now.

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 12 Jul 2013, 3:33 pm

Here's pics, story and video with sound! Heard to tell if it's actually him though:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2361793/Gavin-Henson-knocked-new-Bath-RFC-team-mate-seen-swanning-city-centre-pub.html

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Fri 12 Jul 2013, 3:34 pm

yappysnap wrote:

Def Fearns!

Certainly looks like it. I wonder what Henson said to get that.

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Fri 12 Jul 2013, 3:41 pm

Pair of chavs Rolling Eyes 
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by HongKongCherry Fri 12 Jul 2013, 3:42 pm

HammerofThunor wrote:
yappysnap wrote:

Def Fearns!

Certainly looks like it. I wonder what Henson said to get that.

Hello?
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 12 Jul 2013, 3:43 pm

Why do people always pick on him? It's a disgrace. He wouldn't say boo to a goose...

Doh 

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Fri 12 Jul 2013, 3:49 pm

MrsP wrote:IYou would imagine if that penny was going to drop with Henson it would have dropped by now.

i think the penny is falling down the infinite dark abyss of nothingness located between his ears! Doomed to fall forever but never to finally drop.

We joke, but it is sad. He could have been playing in his third Lions tour this past month. Instead he's a punchline for rugby fans and a punchbag for... well, most of his teammates wherever he goes apparently.

Last edited by Notch on Fri 12 Jul 2013, 3:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Fri 12 Jul 2013, 3:52 pm

Griff wrote:Why do people always pick on him? It's a disgrace. He wouldn't say boo to a goose...

Doh 

Well, they did say he was "swanning around"!

drumroll 

I'll get my coat.

Run 

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 12 Jul 2013, 3:58 pm

Notch wrote:
MrsP wrote:IYou would imagine if that penny was going to drop with Henson it would have dropped by now.

i think the penny is falling down the infinite dark abyss of nothingness located between his ears! Doomed to fall forever but never to finally drop.

We joke, but it is sad. He could have been playing in his third Lions tour this past month. Instead he's a punchline for rugby fans and a punchbag for... well, most of his teammates wherever he goes apparently.

I agree. it's not even really funny anymore. His life keeps repeating itself like a nightmare groundhog day (he stands a good chance now of being dropped from Bath). The sad thing is that he genuinely doesn't seem to care...even when sober. He just keeps setting himself up for the same falls.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Fri 12 Jul 2013, 4:04 pm

Nice one. Comical genius.Laugh 

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffineastbourne Fri 12 Jul 2013, 4:06 pm

Good team spirit among the Bath lads!Does not bode well for them this season.

Taffineastbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Fri 12 Jul 2013, 4:08 pm

They don't get on these Aviva clubmates do they ? #Farrell
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Fri 12 Jul 2013, 4:11 pm

Carl Fearns also deserves a bollicking from Bath if it hasn't already been said. It takes two, although little is known.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 12 Jul 2013, 4:19 pm

Notch wrote:Carl Fearns also deserves a bollicking from Bath if it hasn't already been said. It takes two, although little is known.

He's going through the motions though of warning Henson off.  He puts his outstretched hand there to let Henson know 'you really don't want to be getting into my space'.  Henson kept walking.  
We don't know what was being said to start it all off of course...and maybe some guys know Henson has an easy enough to find 'button'.  
Oh well, a judge would be getting a little tired seeing Henson appear in court with an "It wasn't me, gov" excuse.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Fri 12 Jul 2013, 4:24 pm

And you dont see what was happening right before this. There is the other guy looking to hold Fearns back, or at least get in between. Objectively speaking it was a lovely little punch considering how little he moved his arm - but pretty dumb all round really

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by HongKongCherry Fri 12 Jul 2013, 4:29 pm

Notch wrote:Carl Fearns also deserves a bollicking from Bath if it hasn't already been said. It takes two, although little is known.

Or a Knighthood? king Whistle 
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Fri 12 Jul 2013, 4:32 pm

SecretFly wrote:

He's going through the motions though of warning Henson off.  He puts his outstretched hand there to let Henson know 'you really don't want to be getting into my space'.  Henson kept walking.  
We don't know what was being said to start it all off of course...and maybe some guys know Henson has an easy enough to find 'button'.  
Oh well, a judge would be getting a little tired seeing Henson appear in court with an "It wasn't me, gov" excuse.

Oh I don't disagree.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Fri 12 Jul 2013, 4:37 pm

Barff have some history here with lads gone mad in local hostelries.
It was Barkley & Vainikolo back in 2009 on the town with Matt Stevens Justin Harrison.
Lesley was accused of a bar assaultbut gave his name to the police as Shontayne Hape.
As to Matt Stevens...
Hope Gav doesn't get into such bad company. Olly & Lesley no longer around and Matt is a reformed character.

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by GLove39 Fri 12 Jul 2013, 4:38 pm

Speaking of Olly Barkley here's what he tweeted 20 minutes ago...
"Good to see the northern enforcer @Carl_Fearns is keeping things in check back at home. Something's about to go viral kid! #nightnight #Zzzz" Laugh

GLove39

https://www.youtube.com/user/GLove39

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Fri 12 Jul 2013, 4:39 pm

munkian wrote:They don't get on these Aviva clubmates do they ? #Farrell

That was during a match plus Farrell can take a punch. So can Ashton.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAJvoQiaUHA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaAX40d3oXo

Henson in comparison fell down like a sack of spuds.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next