The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good start for Henson, punched already!

+39
Cyril
Adam D
hjumpshoe
Irish Londoner
George Carlin
mckay1402
irfon17
Breadvan
ChequeredJersey
Hood83
Casartelli
Rory_Gallagher
MotelMoneyMurderMadness
Artful_Dodger
Gibson
Bathman_in_London
flyhalffactory
Cardiff Dave
t1000advancedprototype
gregortree
Taffineastbourne
beshocked
munkian
HammerofThunor
yappysnap
MrsP
formerly known as Sam
pioden gorllewin
Imperialbigdave
twoeightnine
Jhamer25
Notch
HongKongCherry
lostinwales
Geordie
SecretFly
GLove39
ScarletSpiderman
Effervescing Elephant
43 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Good start for Henson, punched already! - Page 3 Empty Good start for Henson, punched already!

Post by Effervescing Elephant Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:42 pm

First topic message reminder :

ESPN story here.

Not going to draw any conclusions before the full story comes out. Doesn't look good for Bath whatever happened.
Effervescing Elephant
Effervescing Elephant

Back to top Go down

Good start for Henson, punched already! - Page 3 Empty Re: Good start for Henson, punched already!

Post by formerly known as Sam Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:09 pm

5 cream crackers in 30 seconds is a great game. Seeing grown men unable to chew due to lack of saliva is hilarious. The butter in cheek is a great idea.

Mad cow is wheeled out for major breaches of discipline. 4 pints of milk is chugged as quickly as possible and then 20 burpees are required. Best done outside.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Good start for Henson, punched already! - Page 3 Empty Re: Good start for Henson, punched already!

Post by MotelMoneyMurderMadness Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:18 pm

Thanks Sam thats a new one for me. We have a club stag do in August and I can see Mad cow being used to torture the stag.

MotelMoneyMurderMadness

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:11 pm

I think the 20 burpees would see off most front row types before we even added the milk...

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:14 pm

To be honest Yappy, 5 burpees is a good score given that it's generally done on tour and no one is that fresh. 20 was probably introduced merely to make sure no freaks of nature avoided their punishment.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:19 pm

MotelMoneyMurderMadness wrote:Sam we have a drunken wrestler too, another naturally strong man, but ours insists on being naked. Thankfully he can handle quite a bit of drink so its generally a late night event.

The issue I have is that its a repeating pattern. Gav + social setting with team/friends/strangers on a train/plane + beer = calamity.

Plus who in their right mind would slate St Jonny? He must be barking.

Gibson, to be clear I personally find no Glee in seeing him lamped or his misfortune.

I just have no sympathy for his continued inability to play nicely with others. It was a cracking dig mind you.

Motel,
One was in a bit of a Gav state last night bud. Thats what 10 La Chouffes and a few whiskies will do for a man. It must be hard being Gav.

This is why I don't Tweet. I'd be arrested.

Respect,  mo chara. OK
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by irfon17 Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:43 pm

Even with Henson's record, it seems strange that blame and disapproval are being pinned on him here.

The most he seems to be guilty of is 'Being annoying' and it's not as if he has a monopoly on that offence.

With regard to his possible alcohol problem, I am from Cardiff, I've met the guy once and he seemed a pretty decent guy, I also know a lot of other people who have met him and there is a constant theme; those who meet him when he's sober come to the same assessment as me, those who meet him when he's drunk describe him in terms too offensive to post.

irfon17

Back to top Go down

Post by mckay1402 Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:46 pm

I can't really see how it's his fault. Not really like he was physically intimidating. The other bloke was clearly already being held back as well.
mckay1402
mckay1402

Back to top Go down

Post by pioden gorllewin Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:01 pm

Gavin Henson: Strictly Come Dancing jibe may have sparked Bath pub punch incident
14 Jul 2013 07:14
Mid-week night out in city centre started in good spirits but ended with the former Wales rugby star allegedly being knocked to the floor after a punch by another drinker

Gavin Henson was jibed by team-mates about his Strictly Come Dancing past on the night he was punched in a Bath pub, it was claimed yesterday.

The Wales rugby star hit the headlines this week when video footage emerged of a fracas at the Pig and Fiddle, appearing to show Henson falling to the ground after receiving a sharp jab to the face from another drinker.

Henson’s new club Bath has launched an investigation into Wednesday night’s events and reports the controversial centre was floored by a colleague.

Police confirmed they received a call reporting “aggressive behaviour” at the pub but say no offences are being investigated.

The 31-year-old was part of a group of around 10 players enjoying what had initially been a fun night out in the city.

But Bath resident Ellie Pugh, who had a “surreal” chance meeting with the former Strictly Come Dancing contestant in the city centre, said the mood began to sour when his team-mates began chanting the music from the hit BBC dance show.

Lifting the lid on the latest controversy to befall the Wales star Ellie, 23, told WalesOnline Henson ran up to her in the street with his Bath team-mates in tow, and jokingly challenged her to rugby tackle him.

He then stole a light-hearted kiss from the young graduate, who described it as one of the strangest evenings of her life.

“He ran up to me in the middle of the street and kissed me, I was with my mum, so I didn’t know where to look,” said Ellie.

“He wanted us to try and tackle him as we walked past, which we didn’t, and then he tried to offload the beer bottle he was carrying to one of his mates as if it was a rugby ball, but ended up just spilling beer all over himself.”

According to the pretty waitress, it was all fun and games between Henson – star of reality shows including The Bachelor and 71 Degrees North – and his new friends until they began teasing him about his TV dancing fame.

“They were chanting the Strictly Come Dancing theme tune, which they all thought was hilarious,” she said. “But Gavin didn’t seem to find it as funny as they did.

“I’ve got to say, it was one of the most surreal moments of my life, one second I was surrounded by Bath rugby players, and then the next moment they were heading off into the town centre.”

According to another source who was enjoying a quiet Wednesday night drink at the Pig and Fiddle on Wednesday, the group were initially in good spirits at the bar and were all getting along fine when they first arrived.

“Gavin Henson was quite loud, but it just seemed like he was having a good craic to be honest,” said the punter.

“The players were all having some fun with each other and it just seemed like he was enjoying being the centre of attention.

“It felt like some of the other people in the pub were on edge, just because of how loud they were being.

“The mood definitely changed at one point, I think Gavin got a bit fed up of being on the receiving end of all the banter.”

Mobile phone footage shows a man understood to be Henson talking to another drinker as another tries to come between them.

He falls to the ground after receiving a sharp jab to the face from the man he was arguing with.

A statement from the Premiership side said: “Bath Rugby can confirm there was a minor incident in the city centre on Wednesday night involving a few members of the playing squad.

“The club are investigating the matter as a priority and will only make a statement when further information is available.”

Bath rugby chief Nick Blofeld said: “We are speaking to all those involved to clarify the situation. When we have all the facts, we will make any appropriate statement.”

Avon and Somerset Police has confirmed it received a call reporting “aggressive behaviour” that night but while the caller was on the line the group left the pub and so officers were not required to attend.

No offences were being investigated.

The Pig and Fiddle declined to comment.
pioden gorllewin
pioden gorllewin

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:50 pm

pioden gorllewin wrote:Gavin Henson: Strictly Come Dancing jibe may have sparked Bath pub punch incident
14 Jul 2013 07:14
Mid-week night out in city centre started in good spirits but ended with the former Wales rugby star allegedly being knocked to the floor after a punch by another drinker

Gavin Henson was jibed by team-mates about his Strictly Come Dancing past on the night he was punched in a Bath pub, it was claimed yesterday.

The Wales rugby star hit the headlines this week when video footage emerged of a fracas at the Pig and Fiddle, appearing to show Henson falling to the ground after receiving a sharp jab to the face from another drinker.

Henson’s new club Bath has launched an investigation into Wednesday night’s events and reports the controversial centre was floored by a colleague.

Police confirmed they received a call reporting “aggressive behaviour” at the pub but say no offences are being investigated.

The 31-year-old was part of a group of around 10 players enjoying what had initially been a fun night out in the city.

But Bath resident Ellie Pugh, who had a “surreal” chance meeting with the former Strictly Come Dancing contestant in the city centre, said the mood began to sour when his team-mates began chanting the music from the hit BBC dance show.

Lifting the lid on the latest controversy to befall the Wales star Ellie, 23, told WalesOnline Henson ran up to her in the street with his Bath team-mates in tow, and jokingly challenged her to rugby tackle him.

He then stole a light-hearted kiss from the young graduate, who described it as one of the strangest evenings of her life.

“He ran up to me in the middle of the street and kissed me, I was with my mum, so I didn’t know where to look,” said Ellie.

“He wanted us to try and tackle him as we walked past, which we didn’t, and then he tried to offload the beer bottle he was carrying to one of his mates as if it was a rugby ball, but ended up just spilling beer all over himself.”

According to the pretty waitress, it was all fun and games between Henson – star of reality shows including The Bachelor and 71 Degrees North – and his new friends until they began teasing him about his TV dancing fame.

“They were chanting the Strictly Come Dancing theme tune, which they all thought was hilarious,” she said. “But Gavin didn’t seem to find it as funny as they did.

“I’ve got to say, it was one of the most surreal moments of my life, one second I was surrounded by Bath rugby players, and then the next moment they were heading off into the town centre.”

According to another source who was enjoying a quiet Wednesday night drink at the Pig and Fiddle on Wednesday, the group were initially in good spirits at the bar and were all getting along fine when they first arrived.

“Gavin Henson was quite loud, but it just seemed like he was having a good craic to be honest,” said the punter.

“The players were all having some fun with each other and it just seemed like he was enjoying being the centre of attention.

“It felt like some of the other people in the pub were on edge, just because of how loud they were being.

“The mood definitely changed at one point, I think Gavin got a bit fed up of being on the receiving end of all the banter.”

Mobile phone footage shows a man understood to be Henson talking to another drinker as another tries to come between them.

He falls to the ground after receiving a sharp jab to the face from the man he was arguing with.

A statement from the Premiership side said: “Bath Rugby can confirm there was a minor incident in the city centre on Wednesday night involving a few members of the playing squad.

“The club are investigating the matter as a priority and will only make a statement when further information is available.”

Bath rugby chief Nick Blofeld said: “We are speaking to all those involved to clarify the situation. When we have all the facts, we will make any appropriate statement.”

Avon and Somerset Police has confirmed it received a call reporting “aggressive behaviour” that night but while the caller was on the line the group left the pub and so officers were not required to attend.

No offences were being investigated.

The Pig and Fiddle declined to comment.
Very standard reason amongst rugby players for a fight starting.

One of his team mates made fun of his cha-cha-cha. picard
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:08 pm

Sounds like a standard rugby social. Someone taking it to far and thena minor tiff breaking out is hardly unheard of. I doubt either player were fussed about it by the time they woke up. I'm sure the Bath management will be aware of that and at the same time be keen to make it known knocking out a team mate doesn't make the club look good.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:14 pm

Much ado about nothing. If it hasn't been Henson it wouldn't have made the papers. Shame
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by mckay1402 Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:58 pm

He's never going to be a boxer with a chin like that.
mckay1402
mckay1402

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:07 pm

mckay1402 wrote:He's never going to be a boxer with a chin like that.

He could do with Roberts jaw.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:49 am

Roberts is Desperate Dan incarnate. He lives on massive Cow-Pies with horns in em. And leeks.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:34 am

irfon17 wrote:Even with Henson's record, it seems strange that blame and disapproval are being pinned on him here.

The most he seems to be guilty of is 'Being annoying' and it's not as if he has a monopoly on that offence.

With regard to his possible alcohol problem, I am from Cardiff, I've met the guy once and he seemed a pretty decent guy, I also know a lot of other people who have met him and there is a constant theme; those who meet him when he's sober come to the same assessment as me, those who meet him when he's drunk describe him in terms too offensive to post.

You have to ask yourself - how often does this type of incident reported as happening?

Pretty much the only rugby player this happens to is Henson. Time and again.

Henson gets the blame because he just cannot stay out of the newspapers.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Londoner Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:49 am

"“He wanted us to try and tackle him as we walked past, which we didn’t, and then he tried to offload the beer bottle he was carrying to one of his mates as if it was a rugby ball, but ended up just spilling beer all over himself.”

Never mind the Gavlard, 10 out of 10 for a "pretty waitress" from Bath who described Henson trying to "offload" a beer bottle, rather than throw it, pass it, etc. There's a girl thats steeped in rugby.

Irish Londoner

Back to top Go down

Post by hjumpshoe Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:53 pm

Im from Bridgend and about 4 yrs older than Gavin Henson and towards the end of my clubbing days would quite regularly see him out in town on a weekend. I knew him and he knew me but we never had any problems. I did, however, witness on several occasions him either being threatened or his grizzly mates having to growl him out of trouble. Of course everyone knew him and the theme was generally that he's a nice lad when sober but a bit of an arrogant d1ck when drunk. Fast forward about 7yrs and he was playing for the Ospreys and Wales, the board in charge of my local club booked him to present the youth awards. He turned up with a mate about 15 minutes before arranged and ordered a coke at the bar. His mate had a beer or two but Gav stayed on the coke. For the next 3 hours he presented awards, signed autographs, had photos taken, charmed the ladies in the room and talked rugby with the blokes. I had a quick chat with him about the old days and a bit of rugby and he seemed as though he'd grown up a lot and was now a proper pro. Unfortunately, as we now know, he would end up being a wasted talent because in his prime that lad could play. Of course, he helped Wales to 2 Grand Slams, went on tour with the Lions and he's also won several other trophies both team-wise and individually, but he should have achieved so much more. Even allowing for his numerous injuries, he should have had 3 Lions tours behind him, lots more Welsh caps and who knows what else.With a fit and firing Henson available to them(possibly at 10), Wales may even have been even better than we have been in the last few years. We'll never know of course, but i just hope he gets a grip of himself soon and manages to play some good rugby in the next few years. I doubt it though, and that is sad but there you go. As for the incident itself, it was a cracking jab fair play!Very Happy  

hjumpshoe

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:26 pm

Not sure if the video has been posted or not bu here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Mgz5UVzOGE

Spoiler:

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:54 am

undefined wrote:The Pig and Fiddle declined to comment.
That made me laugh.

I assume the Dish ran away with the Spoon.

An interesting night out to be sure Very Happy

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by dragon4life Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:23 pm

Have you guys seen the video on youtube its so funny

dragon4life

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:24 pm

Seems like they've both got away with fines and written warnings.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/23340912

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:36 pm

I'd be lying if I said this surprises me any more. What does surprise me is how Gav still manages to dig up clubs that will hire him. He's clearly a disruptive presence in any team he plays for as evidenced by his last three or four.

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:36 pm

Congratulations to Bath for changing the repetitive course of Henson's career to date!

Get Henson past the "Hello lads" stage, allow him to gain the respect of his fellow players on the field and you never know...he just might have a better end to his career than many still predict for him.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by HongKongCherry Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:22 pm

Cyril wrote:Seems like they've both got away with fines and written warnings.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/23340912

What I love about that article is the link in the corner with the title "Bath Chief sees more 'mature' Henson". No finer example of tempting fate!
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:36 pm

It's just so infuriating seeing Henson continuously caught up in this sort of nonsense - when will he ever learn to just keep his head down and focus on his rugby.

I know this particular story is a storm in a teacup, but Henson must know by now that by even putting himself in these situations he's courting trouble. If he's serious about fixing the tail end of his career, he should just stay away from bars and clubs for a couple of years. Some may say that it's important he "bonds" with his new team mates, but I think it's more important that Henson just sticks to playing rugby and training, and keeping away from bars, clubs and booze for the next 2-3 years. It really isn't that hard. A chat with Sam Warburton wouldn't go amiss. So much wasted talent with Henson.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:42 pm

funnyExiledScot wrote:It's just so infuriating seeing Henson continuously caught up in this sort of nonsense - when will he ever learn to just keep his head down and focus on his rugby.

I know this particular story is a storm in a teacup, but Henson must know by now that by even putting himself in these situations he's courting trouble. If he's serious about fixing the tail end of his career, he should just stay away from bars and clubs for a couple of years. Some may say that it's important he "bonds" with his new team mates, but I think it's more important that Henson just sticks to playing rugby and training, and keeping away from bars, clubs and booze for the next 2-3 years. It really isn't that hard. A chat with Sam Warburton wouldn't go amiss. So much wasted talent with Henson.

Hence the saying some people never learn, which people like Henson tend to sum up even though we'd all love to think that everyone has a capacity to learn from their mistakes. I gave up on him long before this, every new chance he's gifted he tends to feck up in strikingly similar fashion to the last and for this reason I have no time for him. Considering the current impetus in the Welsh camp is to build a mature and cohesive core to the squad, a process which really began around the last RWC, I wouldn't care to have him anywhere in sight of it as in recent years he has come to epitomise the opposite attitude, that of disruption and petulent, childish man-sausage ups. Would have loved to see him prove me wrong as he's always had bags of potential but considering time is no longer on his side, sorry Gav but you're out!

The one point I can sympathise on is his injury record, which in fairness has been horrendous from 2005 onwards, but that hardly justifies his antics when he's fit as he is now.

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by sirtidychris Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:46 pm

Wilkinson and gav were very similar, both hugely gifted natural talents from the same era, both rose very quickly to national and international rugby prominence, both have horrific injury records which have blighted much of the best years of their careers. They are both complex characters in their own ways, but the difference is how these two guys have chosen to deal with what has been thrown at them, wilkinson quietly persevered in the face of the mass celebrity, self doubt and injuries, looked inwards, developed his personality and grew; henson went into melt down, quit the sport, chased celebrity, split from the mother of his kids, club hopped always following disaster. Now in there 30's wilkinson is settled still playing at the pinnacle of club rugby, his injury curses have abated, he is respected by almost everyone in the sport for his character on and off the field, he is a legend and a gent. Henson is known more as a Z list media celebrity than a rugby player; the rugby world has lost all patience and respect for him causing team mates to take the mick, then when he drinks a**hole gav appears and he has to change club. Henson has 2 years left in the sport but whatever he achieves he has created his legacy now, and it isnt pretty.

sirtidychris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3