The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

STRONG RUMOUR: Bellew-v-Adonis for WBC title

+16
bhb001
hazharrison
Rowley
winchester
Lumbering_Jack
JabMachineMK2
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
BoxingFan88
Boxtthis
Strongback
TRUSSMAN66
kingraf
hampo17
Furysuppercut
Soldier_Of_Fortune
TopHat24/7
20 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

STRONG RUMOUR: Bellew-v-Adonis for WBC title Empty STRONG RUMOUR: Bellew-v-Adonis for WBC title

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:08 am

This is expected to be Eddie Hearn's 'big announcement' at today's midday presser in London. Pretty much confirmed by Bellew himself on Twitter.

Presser isn't general admission so expect Twitter to be the main source of info for now.

Questions:

1) How do you expect Bellew to fare?

Adonis is an old one-trick pony for me, but that one trick is an epic punch. Bellew's chin isn't great and if he gets into a tear-up I can see an EKO loss. Doesn't mean he can't win a boxing battle though, but I think his Chilemba fights showed his level.

2) Regardless of result, given Clev has finally made a decent match-up, do you think this tees up a big British rematch bust-up between then two?

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

STRONG RUMOUR: Bellew-v-Adonis for WBC title Empty Re: STRONG RUMOUR: Bellew-v-Adonis for WBC title

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:12 am

Am sure the announcement is Joshua turning pro?

1) Bellew should be able to outbox Adonis but people don't give credit for Adonis' boxing skills.

2) I reckon if both win yes but not if either one of them lose there next fight.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

STRONG RUMOUR: Bellew-v-Adonis for WBC title Empty Re: STRONG RUMOUR: Bellew-v-Adonis for WBC title

Post by Furysuppercut Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:13 am

Goodbye Bellew.

Furysuppercut

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:26 am

Yeah it's pretty much guaranteed to be an announcement regarding Joshua today I believe. Whether they announce the Bellew fight at the same time I'm not sure, but it's a tough fight for him.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:29 am

How could it be a Joshua announcement? He's already been confirmed?! The poster for O2 debut is already all over twitter!!

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:48 am

Didn't think Matchroom had officially announced it yet? Just said on the SSN app last night that todays press conference was to announce his signing.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:52 am

I thought Adonis was tearing it up with B-Hop?
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:06 am

Eddie Hearn is already on Twitter peddling tickets for it!! (The Joshua debut)

Bellew-Adonis confirmed 30th November 2013 for WBC.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:08 am

Matchroom Boxing announced Joshua's signing 17hrs ago on Twitter.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Furysuppercut Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:11 am

Is that confirmed now then TopHat?

Furysuppercut

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:12 am

Think Bellew wins comfortably...Like I said in my prediction thread of some weeks ago..Bellew becomes world champion in the next 12 months....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Furysuppercut Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:20 am

Bold statement Truss. Hope he pulls it off. Be a good unification between him and Cleverley then.

I can see Adonis knocking him out though.

Furysuppercut

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:24 am

If this is in any way a step up from Chilemba then Bellew is in for a long night.

I just don't see Bellew having the skills and ring craft to go much further than Euro level or maybe he sneaks a worthless world belt if he's matched against a poor titlist.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:25 am

Well then considering he deserved a draw you don't rate Cleverly either..

Styles make fights..........I remember Mccallum looking ordinary against Mannion...

Just go easy..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:29 am

Furysuppercut wrote:Is that confirmed now then TopHat?

Which bit? Joshua or Bellew?

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Furysuppercut Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:32 am

Bellew mate

Furysuppercut

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxtthis Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:35 am

This would definitely be a fight worth taking for Bellew. It would be entirely feasible for him to outbox Stevenson.

Boxtthis

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:36 am

As confirmed as it possibly can be!

Matchroom Boxing (@MatchroomBoxing) tweeted at 9:54 AM on Thu, Jul 25, 2013:
Bellew set for birthday World title shot in Canada http://t.co/tpnp2Bt5Tz @TonyBellew @EddieHearn @philkecho @SkySportsBoxing @SkySportsNews
(https://twitter.com/MatchroomBoxing/status/360322072523706368)

Your best bet is just to get on Twitter. Hearn is very open with announcements and details. For example, he's confirmed a 70-30 split has been agreed - nice little earner for Tony, good luck to the lad.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:38 am

Stephenson is a puncher with no talent for me...........

Reminds me of Bentt-Hide this fight.............After Bentt won the lottery against Morrison..

Always felt Dawson was up for a shock after Ward..

I like Bellew........Hope he wins..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:42 am

Yeh, I've grown to like Bellew too. Nice for him to get a couple of good pay days. A title unification with Clev would be awesome also, if they both win.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:05 am

I think Bellew has a good chance of winning this fight as well, although it was a stunning knockout of Dawson, I don't think Dawson was quite the same after draining himself to get to 168.

Lets just hope he uses his brains and not brawn for this one, if he elects to trade, it might be a short night.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:10 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Think Bellew wins comfortably...Like I said in my prediction thread of some weeks ago..Bellew becomes world champion in the next 12 months....

So Bellew wins the WBC belt and becomes a "World Champion"

Vitali has the WBC belt and is a "paper champion"

Caught by the goolies Truss....picking and choosing.

Your are like the window of V2. Can see right through you.

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:11 am

Never said Vitali wasn't a world champion.....He's a paper champion..........

Bellew is too.......If he wins....I haven't got a problem with it..

Deal with it...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:22 am

You said Bellew will become a "world champion".

Yet you didnt describe Vitali as that.

Picking and choosing.....picking and choosing. Priceless.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:24 am

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:You said Bellew will become a "world champion".

Yet you didnt describe Vitali as that.

Picking and choosing.....picking and choosing. Priceless.

Pedantic or what...I said Vitali was a paper champion..........Still a champion...Give it up you're making a fool of yourself.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Furysuppercut Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:27 am

Why is Vitali a "paper" champion Trussman if you don't mind me asking?

Furysuppercut

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:27 am

Whatever you say bubba....Cool 
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:29 am

Stevenson to destroy Mr. Bellow, mark my words. Like Dawson, I don't see him coming back from the physical and emotional decimation which will be handed by the Hatian
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:30 am

kingraf wrote:Stevenson to destroy Mr. Bellow, mark my words. Like Dawson, I don't see him coming back from the physical and emotional decimation which will be handed by the Hatian

Are you basing that opinion on one fight Kingy ??

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:41 am

haha, No Trussy. When Stevenson was being slated to fight Oosthuizen I watched a few of his fights. The guy has hands of dynamite, and Bellow isn't renowned for being hard to find. I just think, 12 rounds, The Hatian will catch him eventually.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:43 am

Sorry Truss, can't see Vitali as a paper champion, he's hardly taken an easy route to the title, and regularly beats his mandatories and contenders. Taking into account he's not facing Wlad, I get where you're coming from but in essence the two will never fight for family reasons, so it makes him a legit champion in my eyes.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:20 pm

There is only 1 world champion in boxing and that is Wlad. Nobody else could beat him so they can't call themselves the best, they clearly are not.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Furysuppercut Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:23 pm

Also just noticed that Stevenson is fighting Cloud in September? Then fighting Bellew two months after?? But strange.

Furysuppercut

Back to top Go down

Post by winchester Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:25 pm

How can you say that Wladimir Klitschko is the best? He shares with his own brother and has never faced him and he hasnt defeated boxers like Fury or Wilder yet. He is nowhere near the best and he is only a champion because of his size.

winchester

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:27 pm

winchester wrote:He is nowhere near the best and he is only a champion because of his size.

Usian Bolt is only 100m champion because he can run faster than everyone else. Take away his speed and I could beat him.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:30 pm

Stevenson has a voluntary before that -- possibly against Cloud.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by winchester Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:30 pm

Rowley wrote:
winchester wrote:He is nowhere near the best and he is only a champion because of his size.

Usian Bolt is only 100m champion because he can run faster than everyone else. Take away his speed and I could beat him.

Its a completely differenat sport. Wladimir Klitschko is nowhere near as skillfull as boxers from other divisions. He is only chamoion because of his size, not his ability. And he hasnt facd enough of the top heavyweights to say for sure if he is the best.

winchester

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:32 pm

Am sure if all Wlad had in his locker was size it would have been exposed long before now, perhaps in the last eight years as he went unbeaten. Just being a big unit was not enough to guarantee Valuev or Carnera particularly long reigns.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by winchester Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:33 pm

He has been knocked out by journeyman so he has been exposed

winchester

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:35 pm

Perish the thought he may have improved. Dick Tiger lost four in a row at one point in his career, does that mean he was rubbish as well?

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:37 pm

Rowley wrote:Perish the thought he may have improved. Dick Tiger lost four in a row at one point in his career, does that mean he was rubbish as well?

You're wrong Rowley...Wlad can't call himself a champ....He's avoided a Mormeck rematch..Cool 

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:44 pm

winchester wrote:How can you say that Wladimir Klitschko is the best? He shares with his own brother and has never faced him and he hasnt defeated boxers like Fury or Wilder yet. He is nowhere near the best and he is only a champion because of his size.

Do you just cut and paste this rubbish?

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by winchester Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:45 pm

Rowley wrote:Perish the thought he may have improved. Dick Tiger lost four in a row at one point in his career, does that mean he was rubbish as well?

I dont know Dick Tiger. But I know Klitschko is only a champion because of his size. The Haye match is the perfect example. Haye is a better boxer than Klitschko but he lacked the size and style to beat him.

winchester

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:47 pm

winchester wrote:

I dont know Dick Tiger. But I know Klitschko is only a champion because of his size. The Haye match is the perfect example. Haye is a better boxer than Klitschko but he lacked the size and style to beat him.

So he lost then. Beaten by the better man. Or when Man United are playing would you expect the other team to be given a different ball to give them a chance.

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:48 pm

winchester wrote:

I dont know Dick Tiger.

I bet you know plenty of Dicks though..Cool 

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:50 pm

winchester wrote:Haye is a better boxer than Klitschko but he lacked the talent, speed, heart - ability and overall power to beat him.

Fixed for you mate.

Why are you saying Fury is a top heavyweight again? Could you list his accomplishments and then put Wlads right next to it please.

Do the same with Wilder.

If you don't, I will.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by winchester Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:52 pm

bhb001 wrote:
winchester wrote:

So he lost then. Beaten by the better man. Or when Man United are playing would you expect the other team to be given a different ball to give them a chance.

He was beaten by the bigger man, not the better man. Thats the point.

winchester

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:52 pm

JabMachineMK2 wrote:
winchester wrote:Haye is a better boxer than Klitschko but he lacked the talent, speed, heart - ability and overall power to beat him.

Fixed for you mate.

Why are you saying Fury is a top heavyweight again? Could you list his accomplishments and then put Wlads right next to it please.

Do the same with Wilder.

If you don't, I will.

Don't forget the KO ratios. For a feather punching wimp, a lot of Wlad's fight don't seemed to go the distance!!

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:53 pm

winchester wrote:
bhb001 wrote:
winchester wrote:

He was beaten by the bigger man, not the better man. Thats the point.

He was beaten, that is the point. No moral victories here

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:53 pm

bhb001 wrote:
JabMachineMK2 wrote:

Fixed for you mate.

Do the same with Wilder.

If you don't, I will.

Don't forget the KO ratios. For a feather punching wimp, a lot of Wlad's fight don't seemed to go the distance!!

Got to hand it to Winchester...He has plenty of posters who should know better arguing with him......

He's just some guy in the City having a laugh between making deals..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next