The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

STRONG RUMOUR: Bellew-v-Adonis for WBC title

+16
bhb001
hazharrison
Rowley
winchester
Lumbering_Jack
JabMachineMK2
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
BoxingFan88
Boxtthis
Strongback
TRUSSMAN66
kingraf
hampo17
Furysuppercut
Soldier_Of_Fortune
TopHat24/7
20 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

STRONG RUMOUR: Bellew-v-Adonis for WBC title - Page 3 Empty STRONG RUMOUR: Bellew-v-Adonis for WBC title

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 25 Jul 2013, 9:08 am

First topic message reminder :

This is expected to be Eddie Hearn's 'big announcement' at today's midday presser in London. Pretty much confirmed by Bellew himself on Twitter.

Presser isn't general admission so expect Twitter to be the main source of info for now.

Questions:

1) How do you expect Bellew to fare?

Adonis is an old one-trick pony for me, but that one trick is an epic punch. Bellew's chin isn't great and if he gets into a tear-up I can see an EKO loss. Doesn't mean he can't win a boxing battle though, but I think his Chilemba fights showed his level.

2) Regardless of result, given Clev has finally made a decent match-up, do you think this tees up a big British rematch bust-up between then two?

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

STRONG RUMOUR: Bellew-v-Adonis for WBC title - Page 3 Empty Re: STRONG RUMOUR: Bellew-v-Adonis for WBC title

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 25 Jul 2013, 2:54 pm

JabMachineMK2 wrote:Ok, that response cries WUM. Can you please post exactly what video of Tyson Fury you're basing your evidence upon Wumchester?

You said he was "boring" yet has a higher KO percentage. Had one at the SAME point Fury is at.

You said he is only good because of his size, yet he beat 2 people bigger than him.

You say he fights sparring partners and people nobody has heard of - if you've never heard of David Haye I think you live in a cave, and if you've never heard of Povetkin, you know nothing about boxing. How about Samuel Peters? Eddie Chambers? Chris Byrd? Ruslan Chagaev? Yeah they were sparring partners....sure.

You then go on to say Fury has the style to beat Wlad, well I apologise for being frank, but if big strong inside fighters do well against Wlad - why did the big, strong 6ft 5inch Tony Thompson get beaten twice?

I just can't see where you're coming from.

If you say "I think Fury would beat Wlad, I have no evidence to support this, its just what I think" then thats one thing, but rubbishing Wlad is terrible.

Why don't you come to the Oyster on a thursday night...and I can get someone to whip you with a leather strap..

You might enjoy that form of masochism more than this sort!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

STRONG RUMOUR: Bellew-v-Adonis for WBC title - Page 3 Empty Re: STRONG RUMOUR: Bellew-v-Adonis for WBC title

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Thu 25 Jul 2013, 2:56 pm

JabMachineMK2 wrote:Shall we do this then Winchester?

Olympic Gold Medals:

Tyson Fury 0

Wladimir Klitschko 1

Years as a world heavyweight champion:

Tyson Fury 0

Wladimir Klitschko 12 (collectively)

Belts won in career:

Tyson Fury - English Heavyweight Title, Commonwealth Heavyweight Title, British Heavyweight Title, Irish Heavyweight Title.

Wladimir Klitschko - WBC International Heavyweight Title (2), WBA Intercontinental Heavyweight Title, EBU Heavyweight Title, WBO Heavyweight Title (2), NABF Heavyweight Title, WBO NABO Heavyweight title, IBO Heavyweight Title, IBF Heavyweight Title, The Ring Heavyweight Title, WBA Regular Heavyweight Title, WBA "Super" Heavyweight Title

21 fights in, what had he won?

Tyson Fury: 21 fights - 15 KO's = 71% by KO

Wladimir Klitschko: 21 Fights - 17 KO's = 81% by KO (was also the WBC International Champion at this point)

How long did it take them to get to 21 - 0?

Fury: 5 years

Wladimir: 2 years

Who has fought the biggest man?

Tyson Fury: 6ft 3 inches (most of his opponents)

Wladimir Klitschko: 6ft 7 and a half inches (Mariusz Wach), 6ft 6 and a half (Ray Austin)

But surely its only Wlads size that means he's the best? (He's 6ft 6 inches and Tyson fury is 6ft 9 inches)

Want me to go on Wumchester?

clap Bravo!!! Post of the day. And winchester still managed to argue against it Laugh 
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Thu 25 Jul 2013, 3:16 pm

Yeh and still is! Haha!

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Thu 25 Jul 2013, 3:18 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Why don't you come to the Oyster on a thursday night...and I can get someone to whip you with a leather strap..

You might enjoy that form of masochism more than this sort!!

I don't have a pink waistcoat unfortunately

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxtthis Thu 25 Jul 2013, 4:02 pm

Lumbering_Jack wrote:This one is being played to perfection.

Aye, the whole wind up is actually pretty funny once you get over the initial annoyance at the ridiculousness of the comments.

Boxtthis

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Thu 25 Jul 2013, 8:10 pm

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Think Bellew wins comfortably...Like I said in my prediction thread of some weeks ago..Bellew becomes world champion in the next 12 months....

So Bellew wins the WBC belt and becomes a "World Champion"

Vitali has the WBC belt and is a "paper champion"

Caught by the goolies Truss....picking and choosing.

Your are like the window of V2. Can see right through you.

I don't see how the current WBC titlist at 175 isn't a legit champion.

Stevenson beat Dawson
who beat Hopkins
who beat Pascal
who beat Dawson
who beat Adamek, Tarver, Johnson, RJJ.

It's lineal is it not?

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Thu 25 Jul 2013, 10:02 pm

I heard about this fight a few weeks ago.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 26 Jul 2013, 12:21 am

everyone heard the rumour/speculation. only now confirmed.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by tommyhearnsprodigalson Fri 26 Jul 2013, 10:47 am

I didn't realise this fight was in November, Stevenson is fighting Cloud in Sept, if thats a 12 round war there is no way in hell that Bellew will get to fight him in November........

tommyhearnsprodigalson

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxtthis Fri 26 Jul 2013, 10:54 am

tommyhearnsprodigalson wrote:I didn't realise this fight was in November, Stevenson is fighting Cloud in Sept, if thats a 12 round war there is no way in hell that Bellew will get to fight him in November........

Yeah it still seems a bit up in the air. Hard enough to get one fight sorted without injury/mishap, but two so close to each other? I'll be surprised if this goes ahead in Nov.

Boxtthis

Back to top Go down

Post by tommyhearnsprodigalson Fri 26 Jul 2013, 10:56 am

and what if Cloud wins (which i think he will) whats the point of even fighting Stevenson then, will he get the chance to fight Cloud, does Cloud know about it, would he even agree to it, I can't believe this has even been made to be honest

tommyhearnsprodigalson

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxtthis Fri 26 Jul 2013, 10:58 am

John Bloody Wayne wrote:
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Think Bellew wins comfortably...Like I said in my prediction thread of some weeks ago..Bellew becomes world champion in the next 12 months....

So Bellew wins the WBC belt and becomes a "World Champion"

Vitali has the WBC belt and is a "paper champion"

Caught by the goolies Truss....picking and choosing.

Your are like the window of V2. Can see right through you.

I don't see how the current WBC titlist at 175 isn't a legit champion.

Stevenson beat Dawson
who beat Hopkins
who beat Pascal
who beat Dawson
who beat Adamek, Tarver, Johnson, RJJ.

It's lineal is it not?

Exactly. There's a difference between snatching one of the titles and beating the lineal champ. Taking the Ring belt - which Adonis did - is usually a good indicator of who is the legit champion.

Boxtthis

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxtthis Fri 26 Jul 2013, 10:59 am

tommyhearnsprodigalson wrote:and what if Cloud wins (which i think he will) whats the point of even fighting Stevenson then, will he get the chance to fight Cloud, does Cloud know about it, would he even agree to it, I can't believe this has even been made to be honest

As far as I read, Bellew gets Stevenson or Cloud. So basically he's in for a title shot against one of them I think.

Boxtthis

Back to top Go down

Post by tommyhearnsprodigalson Fri 26 Jul 2013, 11:59 am

Oh right so it is confirmed, maybe its the boxing sceptic in me but i can't see it happening that soon afterwards

I suppose if Cloud wins and Bellew somehow beats him he'll have beaten the man, who beat the man, who beat the man........

tommyhearnsprodigalson

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Fri 26 Jul 2013, 12:47 pm

Im not believing anything until I see it on Wiki Wink 
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 26 Jul 2013, 2:23 pm

Haha!

I still have the screenshot of Vitali K being lined up to fight a bear!! Smile

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Fri 26 Jul 2013, 3:18 pm

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Fri 26 Jul 2013, 7:15 pm

Its worked out well for Bellew, especially if Stevenson/Cloud have to face him a couple of months ater their match. Never in a millions years would have thought Bellew could be a Ring champion but hes in with a fantastic opportunity now as Stevenson and Cloud are about as beatable as you can hope for.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3