The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

what would you do if......

+18
ryan86
oldshanker
barragan
SmithersJones
pedro
beninho
Hibbz
shclaff
Bob_the_Job
kwinigolfer
Diggers
MontysMerkin
Roller_Coaster
JAS
MustPuttBetter
super_realist
Davie
McLaren
22 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Your playing partner or someone in the clubhouse made a racist comment, similar to the ones made by Steve Williams, Sergio Garcia and Elkington? Would you

what would you do if...... - Page 2 Vote_lcap18%what would you do if...... - Page 2 Vote_rcap 18% 
[ 4 ]
what would you do if...... - Page 2 Vote_lcap14%what would you do if...... - Page 2 Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 3 ]
what would you do if...... - Page 2 Vote_lcap18%what would you do if...... - Page 2 Vote_rcap 18% 
[ 4 ]
what would you do if...... - Page 2 Vote_lcap5%what would you do if...... - Page 2 Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 1 ]
what would you do if...... - Page 2 Vote_lcap27%what would you do if...... - Page 2 Vote_rcap 27% 
[ 6 ]
what would you do if...... - Page 2 Vote_lcap5%what would you do if...... - Page 2 Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]
what would you do if...... - Page 2 Vote_lcap8%what would you do if...... - Page 2 Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 22

what would you do if...... - Page 2 Empty what would you do if......

Post by McLaren Tue 30 Jul 2013, 7:26 am

First topic message reminder :

Your playing partner or someone in the clubhouse made a racist comment, similar to the ones made by Steve Williams, Sergio Garcia and Elkington?

Please add comments to justify your choices.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

what would you do if...... - Page 2 Empty Re: what would you do if......

Post by MustPuttBetter Tue 30 Jul 2013, 2:27 pm

Bob_the_Job wrote:
MustPuttBetter wrote:Bob, he did say fat, ginger and religious though - does that not cover the Irish? Run

He missed out heavily armed, but fair enough.

Ha ha, well played
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Tue 30 Jul 2013, 2:27 pm

Lets face it the guy who had the biggest beef with Mac over Dog Gate was genuinely aggrieved that someone had the temerity to kill themselves and therefore make him late for a darts match....yet he was weeping virtual tears over the incident of the dog in the tarmac.....

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 30 Jul 2013, 2:28 pm

McLaren wrote:Why not, seems like they are the sort that donate to dog charities and think the homeless are worthless.

I think you'll find plenty lefties leaving all their money to cat charities and a dislike of homeless people.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Tue 30 Jul 2013, 2:29 pm

McLaren wrote:That makes no sense.

Take a mulligan and go again.

Should I have used smaller words for you?
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Tue 30 Jul 2013, 2:33 pm

Diggers wrote:Lets face it the guy who had the biggest beef with Mac over Dog Gate was genuinely aggrieved that someone had the temerity to kill themselves and therefore make him late for a darts match....yet he was weeping virtual tears over the incident of the dog in the tarmac.....

And that stance was of course absurd but no less absurd than the ludicrous contradictions of some still here
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Tue 30 Jul 2013, 2:37 pm

MustPuttBetter wrote:
Diggers wrote:Lets face it the guy who had the biggest beef with Mac over Dog Gate was genuinely aggrieved that someone had the temerity to kill themselves and therefore make him late for a darts match....yet he was weeping virtual tears over the incident of the dog in the tarmac.....

And that stance was of course absurd but no less absurd than the ludicrous contradictions of some still here

Perhaps but at least with Mac he has genuinely made me laugh a few times.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 30 Jul 2013, 2:38 pm

I remember I was held up on the train home from work when some berk threw himself under the train. Took about 4 hours to get home.
Selfish bar steward.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Tue 30 Jul 2013, 2:41 pm

True enough. I did say he does at least get the debate going so fair play but, bearing in mind he is talking about inflammatory subjects, we should remember to accept his comments for what they are
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Tue 30 Jul 2013, 2:44 pm

I agree with the broad brush strokes of the points he is making. I suspect that we will never really get over a few racism issues, even in a country like the UK which is about as multi cultural as it gets.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Tue 30 Jul 2013, 2:51 pm

He's only making his points because he knows some will agree and some won't. It's wummery. The glaring contradictions in the way he behaves (on here) mean he can't possibly genuinely feel the way he says.

I'm currently reading 'The Making Of The Masters'. Clifford Roberts, now that guy was a racist
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster Tue 30 Jul 2013, 3:02 pm

In the absence of an answer I guess I must take the input of self flagellation with the unread copy of the Guardian.

It might not be pure wummery. Without some points being made, this place would be void of debate - even if some debate is a case of history repeating (insert song into head) or degenerating into abuse.

In other news - BB4B tonight and an early finish from work. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Tue 30 Jul 2013, 3:13 pm

McLaren wrote:
MustPuttBetter wrote:a) ironic considering the points we're making re your Westwood comment

b) doesn't make it any less hilarious that you're happy to insult people in forms you deem acceptable but have such outrage when you deem it unacceptable, which in itself is fine if you didn't then preach about what is right and wrong

That makes no sense.

Take a mulligan and go again.

I understood it, why is a Mulligan required?

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Tue 30 Jul 2013, 4:24 pm

Diggers wrote:
Dog gate didn't split the board. A few peoples egos did that. Funny when you consider that one of them was a completely mythical persona.

Diggers is right - the thread itself didn't split the board - just exposed a little more of what was going on at the time. The sad this is that it wasn't the egos of the people who left that were at fault - more the ones left behind

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Tue 30 Jul 2013, 4:37 pm

Davie wrote:
Diggers wrote:
Dog gate didn't split the board. A few peoples egos did that. Funny when you consider that one of them was a completely mythical persona.

Diggers is right - the thread itself didn't split the board - just exposed a little more of what was going on at the time. The sad this is that it wasn't the egos of the people who left that were at fault - more the ones left behind

You think? A bigger ego than Mavericks....war hero....owner of a successful company.....irresistible to woman...semi pro footballer.....scratch golfer....sorry what I meant to say was utter fantasist dick.
And who sussed him, our very own much maligned Mac who he loved to have a pop at for being skint and not having a car let alone a top of the range fully loaded Range Rover. Oh what a happy day it was when he was outed.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Tue 30 Jul 2013, 4:39 pm

Code for the administration presumably Dave - thankfully, and with the patience and discretion of navyblueshorts and barragan, this board has pretty much been left to its own devices since then.

But will always be much diminshed due to the lack of contribution from most of those who left and never returned.

Digs,
A mythical moderator as well as persona wasn't he (she!)?

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 30 Jul 2013, 4:41 pm

Turned out he was a chavvy little essex boy who was rubbish at golf.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Tue 30 Jul 2013, 4:51 pm

kwinigolfer wrote:Code for the administration presumably Dave

Not necessarily kwini - plenty of others too

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Tue 30 Jul 2013, 4:57 pm

The whole Mav thing was funny that's for sure. Imagine going to all that bother!
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by shclaff Tue 30 Jul 2013, 5:50 pm

Pretty sure I've come across Mav/Fader on another forum, his tall tales are slightly less tall nowadays but probably still a load of tosh

shclaff

Back to top Go down

Post by Hibbz Tue 30 Jul 2013, 6:00 pm

It was hardly a split, more of a splinter and most people have returned I think. The only one really missing is Davie, this new version with a King Edward sized chip on his shoulder is no fun.

I was rather disappointed when Mac outed Maverick/Fader because we'd agreed between us not to and I reckoned we could have had months more fun needling him. Then again it was Mac getting it in the neck with people not believing him I guess.

With regards to the whole racism thing I reckon I'm as sensitive as Mac, despite being as white and middle class as they come, and have had several nasty incidents in work when I've heard stuff I'd rather not. Thankfully people know better than to make the comments within my earshot now (I'm certain they still make/think them) and as I've always said there ain't a lot I can do to change their backward thinking but it doesn't mean I have to hear their thoughts.

Never actually encountered anything at the golf club (can only think of two guys off hand who would be subjected to such comments which maybe says a lot) but I'd like to think I'd say something and certainly wouldn't be happy playing again with anyone who'd say something offensive.

Hibbz
hibbz
hibbz

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Tue 30 Jul 2013, 7:18 pm

All that stuff about his daughter being a natural and winning events at his club. Awful lot of detail going on, that was one twisted hombre.
There is a bloke on the boxing board on here who claimed to have sparred with Kell Brook amongst others and got found out. Still posts on there but not something you can really ever live down but at least he tries.
Still I suppose he didn't make up a whole life story ...or two or three....like Maver did.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Tue 30 Jul 2013, 7:46 pm

Hibbz wrote:It was hardly a split, more of a splinter and most people have returned I think. The only one really missing is Davie, this new version with a King Edward sized chip on his shoulder is no fun.

Not sure what you mean by that Hibbz. I'm back here but just don't find that much to post about apart from Mac and his faux offense. No chip on the shoulder here - there is much more went on 18 months ago than you know about. The fact that I'm here albeit not as often should tell you that.

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Tue 30 Jul 2013, 8:19 pm

It's a bit of a volte face Davie. You were still spitting feathers about this place a few months ago and now you are back on ? Have they offers you a mod position again ?

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Tue 30 Jul 2013, 8:27 pm

Digs - your fob watch needs resetting - I've been back a while. No I haven't been offered anything except a lift of the previous lifetime ban

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Tue 30 Jul 2013, 8:32 pm

I vaguely recall the previous issues. But what happened with maverick and his dodgy stories?

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by Hibbz Tue 30 Jul 2013, 8:36 pm

Ha ha come on Davie don't be such a drama queen you're from Barrow-in-Furness man. You make it sound like some grand conspiracy. It's a naff little internet forum.

The fact that you're here tells me your break away forum wasn't massively successful.

Hibbz
hibbz
hibbz

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Tue 30 Jul 2013, 8:46 pm

Grand conspiracy Hibbz? I don't think so. The break away forum hasn't exactly set the world on fire, but it's still there - it does what it says on the tin. A lot less drama than goes on here too - no keyboard warriors there

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Tue 30 Jul 2013, 9:00 pm

Still no answer as to why you are back Davie if there's nothing of interest. You are singing a different tune by being here so why bother ? What's to gain from posting on here, I know you always read this site but why post, makes no sense really.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Tue 30 Jul 2013, 9:03 pm

I post on things that I think are interesting digs - that's all. which is why I don't post much

If that doesn't answer your question (I've answered the same way a couple of times already) then I don't know what will

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Tue 30 Jul 2013, 9:10 pm

It doesn't to be honest. To say you bore a grudge against this place would be the under statement of the century.
But it's your business, so fair enough.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Tue 30 Jul 2013, 9:13 pm

Finally you see sense. It is my business. Well done Sherlock

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Tue 30 Jul 2013, 9:22 pm

In not even sure why Im surprised , you were hardly consistent to be honest.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Tue 30 Jul 2013, 9:46 pm

super_realist wrote:I just called a mate a jew for being tight with money. Does that make me an anti-semite?
No, it just makes you a super-realist.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by SmithersJones Tue 30 Jul 2013, 9:58 pm

Diggers, you really are a c0ck. I wish you'd been offended enough to fvck off and never post on here again.
SmithersJones
SmithersJones

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Tue 30 Jul 2013, 10:08 pm

Nope I never get offended on here Smithers. Certainly not by anyone as predictable as you.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Tue 30 Jul 2013, 10:10 pm

Everyone in a bad mood this evening??
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by Hibbz Tue 30 Jul 2013, 10:13 pm

Davie wrote:Grand conspiracy Hibbz? I don't think so. The break away forum hasn't exactly set the world on fire, but it's still there - it does what it says on the tin. A lot less drama than goes on here too - no keyboard warriors there

Should I assume Smithers isn't posting much there any more then?

Hibbz
hibbz
hibbz

Back to top Go down

Post by SmithersJones Tue 30 Jul 2013, 10:21 pm

If you think I'm a keyboard warrior because I have the temerity to tell someone what I think of them when they're being, frankly, obnoxious, then your definition is very different to mine. The whole point of this thread was supposed to be about what people's reactions would be to an offensive comment. Mine is to call out the person, as you've seen. Yours, Hibbz, is apparently to make backhanded, snide remarks. Each to his own.
SmithersJones
SmithersJones

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Tue 30 Jul 2013, 10:26 pm

Chaps, what does it matter what people's reasons are for posting or not posting on here. This isn't a club where you need to be in the gang. We just come to talk about golf and agree or disagree about that. Lets do that
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by Hibbz Tue 30 Jul 2013, 10:27 pm

I'm just glad you see Elkington's comment as offensive Smithers. If I recall you couldn't see why Garcia's were.

Hibbz
hibbz
hibbz

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Tue 30 Jul 2013, 10:31 pm

Smithers , you think Im a dick, I don't really think anything of you at all to be honest other than you're a bit dull. It's no big deal.
But Im sure Davie, who has never hidden what he thinks of me, can take a bit of gentle ribbing about the fact he's back here after the fuss he made.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Tue 30 Jul 2013, 10:35 pm

Holy Fec guys...what's with the discord?? Mac it's all your fault again!! Wink

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Tue 30 Jul 2013, 10:37 pm

Personally, I think it's good to see Davie back, don't give a monkeys what we agree/disagree on. Why pick the bones of why??

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by SmithersJones Tue 30 Jul 2013, 10:42 pm

No, please, not the ambivalence! How will I survive? W@nker.
SmithersJones
SmithersJones

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Tue 30 Jul 2013, 10:49 pm

Yeah that's sort of sums it up. Just somehow never funny. But fair play, I can see you really try.
I've never used it but isn't there a foe option, just use it if you don't want to see anything I post, then all your wishes can come true.

Last edited by Diggers on Tue 30 Jul 2013, 11:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by barragan Tue 30 Jul 2013, 10:55 pm

Enough of the personal insults, you're spoiling my holiday. You're all capable of reasonably well mannered debate so let's all aim a little higher and give our fellow posters the due respect we would wish to receive ourselves even if we don't believe they deserve it. Be cheerful and tolerant OK

barragan

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Tue 30 Jul 2013, 11:02 pm

The Christmas spirit, here here!
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by oldshanker Tue 30 Jul 2013, 11:11 pm

My regular playing partner is a Sikh and he often hears fairly blatant racism, to which I have never seen him react in a negative way. He just rises easily above it, far more easily than I do to my shame!

I have on occasions seen him - if the perpetrator is an opponent - take note of the insult, take the big dog out, smash the ball 50 yards past their best shot, turn around and with a smile say 'not bad for a little brown boy wouldn't you say?'

He does get upset however if the P word is used, because of course he is Indian - I have been known to use that fact in my opponent management tactics and have even given him golf balls printed with the Pakistan flag on them. He loves those, they seem to go quite far!

I am not at all surprised at racism in golf when it is prevelent everywhere and I voted 'Let it go', because that is what Gerry would have voted.
oldshanker
oldshanker

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Tue 30 Jul 2013, 11:12 pm

MustPuttBetter wrote:The Christmas spirit, here here!

Bah humbug....

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Tue 30 Jul 2013, 11:16 pm

Ah Digs you don't mean that
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum