The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE OMPL SEASON 5: Week 5 Results Updated!! Week 6 Deadline Saturday 12th October

+21
Bellz84
Union Cane
STC
spencerclarke
trenchtownbaboon
DavidBlunkettsuppercut
Rowley
tommyhearnsprodigalson
compelling and rich
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
88Chris05
sittingringside
azania
mobilemaster8
Boxtthis
The Terror of Tylorstown
bellchees
bhb001
ShahenshahG
owen10ozzy
25 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

THE OMPL SEASON 5: Week 5 Results Updated!! Week 6 Deadline Saturday 12th October  - Page 2 Empty THE OMPL SEASON 5: Week 5 Results Updated!! Week 6 Deadline Saturday 12th October

Post by owen10ozzy Sat 10 Aug 2013, 2:16 pm

First topic message reminder :

OMPL Hall Of Fame & Past Seasons:

HALL OF FAME:

PREMIERSHIP WINNERS

Spoiler:
CHAMPIONSHIP WINNERS

Spoiler:
OMPL CHAMPIONS CUP WINNERS

Spoiler:
OMPL EURO CUP WINNERS

Spoiler:

PAST OMPL SEASONS

Season 1:  https://www.606v2.com/t29196-owen-meeks-prediction-league-ompl-season-1-complete-playoff-results-and-season-summary#1216113
Season 2: https://www.606v2.com/t32341-the-ompl-season-2-play-off-results-and-final-league-standings
Season 3: https://www.606v2.com/t36871-the-ompl-season-3-all-results-final-league-standings-updated#1655925
Season 4: https://www.606v2.com/t42631p300-the-ompl-season-4-complete-final-table-results

Welcome to the 5th Addition of the OMPL.

Scoring

• Predict the winner - 1 point
• Predict the method (KO*/Pts) - 1 point
• Predict Early / Late (for KO) or Unanimous / Split / Majority (for Pts) - 1 point
• Get all three above correct - 3 bonus points
• 10 points will be awarded for correctly predicting a draw.
• Wild Card – Each week you are to select two fights as your WILDCARDS (put a W next to your picks). This fight will score double for you. You are also to select an addition WILDCARD in case a fight is voided, this will then become your safety WILDCARD (put SW next to this pick)
• Upset of the Week – Each week I will decide an ‘Upset’ Fighter…If this fighter is picked by anyone and they win then there score for that fight will double.

Rules

• *TKO, DQ, TD or Retirement all count as KO
• I will list fights 1 - 10, this list will be definitive, when predicting please list fights in the same order.
• Fight predictions can be edited as many times as you like up until the deadline for all entries. Any entries that are subsequently amended will be void.
• If a fight is cancelled, or if a fighter drops out and is replaced, that fight is then void.

WEEK 5 FIGHTS RESULTS:

FIGHT #MATCHUPRESULT
# 1Wladamir Klitschko vs Alexander Povetkin 12 RoundsKlitschko UD
# 2Ruslan Chagaev vs Jovo Pudar 12 RoundsChagaev UD
# 3Lee Selby vs Ryan Walsh 12 RoundsSelby UD
# 4Scott Quigg vs Yoandris Salinas 12 RoundsDRAW
# 5Miguel Cotto vs Delvin Rodriguez 12 RoundsCotto EKO
# 6Terence Crawford vs Andrey Klimov 10 RoundsCrawford UD
# 7Anthony Joshua vs Emanuele Leo 6 RoundsJoshua EKO
# 8Kevin Mitchell vs Marco Lopez 12 RoundsMitchell EKO
# 9Luke Campbell vs Neil Hepper 6 RoundsCampbell EKO
# 10Wadi Camacho vs Tony Conquest 10 RoundsConquest UD
# 11Mateusz Masternak vs Grigory Drozd 12 RoundsDrozd LKO
Upset Fighter Of The Week: Delvin Rodriguez & Emanuele Leo

League Table:

Spoiler:

PREDICTOR OF THE WEEK TABLE!!

WEEK NUMBER
WINNER
DavidBlunkettsuppercut 28 Points
88chris05 & Davidblunkettsuppercut 20 Points
Davidblunkettsuppercut 37 Points
boxxthis & Reborn 41 Points
We finally have some new winners of the POTW Award! Well done to Reborn and boxxthis who collected 41 points apiece. For boxxthis it takes him up into 2nd place and for the first time bgins to put some pressure on Davidblunkettsuppercut who had a very average week by his standards. Meanwhile Reborn grabs some vital points following his non-predictive Week 3, he may be wondering jus what may have been had he not forgot to predict the week prior!

WEEK 6 FIGHTS FOR PREDICTION:

FIGHT #MATCHUPRESULT
# 1Timothy Bradley vs Juan Manuel Marquez 12 Rounds
# 2Orlando Salido vs Orlando Cruz 12 Rounds
# 3Sean Monaghan vs Anthony Smith 10 Rounds
# 4Jessie Vargas vs Ray Narh 12 Rounds
# 5Vasyl Lomachenko vs Jose Ramirez 10 Rounds
# 6Johnny Garcia vs Marvin Mabait 12 Rounds
# 7Juan Carlos Reveco vs Ricardo Nunez 12 Rounds
# 8Julio Ceja vs Juan Jose Montes 12 Rounds
# 9Jermell Charlo vs Jose Angel Rodriguez 10 Rounds
Upset Fighter Of The Week: Ray Narh

Last edited by owen10ozzy on Mon 07 Oct 2013, 3:33 pm; edited 19 times in total

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

THE OMPL SEASON 5: Week 5 Results Updated!! Week 6 Deadline Saturday 12th October  - Page 2 Empty Re: THE OMPL SEASON 5: Week 5 Results Updated!! Week 6 Deadline Saturday 12th October

Post by bhb001 Sun 18 Aug 2013, 2:15 pm

By the by, Rowley's man on the left ud would have taken a right hammering this week. At least five of the fights were won by man on the right.

bhb001

Back to top Go down

THE OMPL SEASON 5: Week 5 Results Updated!! Week 6 Deadline Saturday 12th October  - Page 2 Empty Re: THE OMPL SEASON 5: Week 5 Results Updated!! Week 6 Deadline Saturday 12th October

Post by Union Cane Sun 18 Aug 2013, 3:34 pm

The idea is to pick the loser, right?
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by DavidBlunkettsuppercut Sun 18 Aug 2013, 7:04 pm

bhb001 wrote:Well done to David Blunkets upper cut. 24 points on one fight. Superb
Thanks pal I thought it was probably the easiest upset of the week by far Martinez is no mug and has a canny dig on him too.

Shah do you need your car washing? free of charge of course Cool 

DavidBlunkettsuppercut
DavidBlunkettsuppercut

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Sun 18 Aug 2013, 7:43 pm

I did the worst since ive started playing. Here is to next time when i recoup some points hopefully!

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Mon 19 Aug 2013, 7:54 am

I think everyone had a terrible week with the exception of Davidblunket!

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Mon 19 Aug 2013, 12:48 pm

Ok folk, table is updated and the scores are done for Week 1 of the season. As many of you have already discovered it was indeed an absolutely shocking week for many of us...without doubt the worst collective effort in the history of the OMPL.

I would like to make everyone aware at this time that I will be putting season 5 on hold for the time being. The reason being having looked ahead to the next two weeks there really isn't too much on in the way of fights. Therefore we will start it up again on the Weekend of the 7th September.

Those who did not participate in Week 1 (we were missing a fair few of our regulars) feel free to join in next time...whilst you may be one week behind this is going to be our longest season yet, so there will be plenty of time to catch up...not that it will take long give the dire effort of most this week.

Anyone who wants to take part but is on holiday during any part of the Season, I will happily send you the fights in advance (bellchees, you enquired...not sure if you have gone away already...if not let me know and I will send them your way later today).

Hopefully you will all come back in September ready to go again, apologies for delaying it...I'm sure you will agree that this always works better when we have plenty of competitive fights to predict.

owen10ozzy

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Mon 19 Aug 2013, 12:58 pm

0 points!! Impressive!

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by The Terror of Tylorstown Mon 19 Aug 2013, 1:08 pm

Oh dammit I forgot to play my wildcards.

The Terror of Tylorstown

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Mon 19 Aug 2013, 1:26 pm

3 points? Better than i thought!!

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Mon 19 Aug 2013, 2:29 pm

There's a half decent card in Germany this weekend Owen, (Pulev v Tony Thompson, Abraham etc) and at least three "world title" fights for the little fellows over the pond.

You're the boss though.

Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Mon 19 Aug 2013, 2:36 pm

Pulev vs Thompson eh. We should be able to see if Price got found out against a world class operator or something well below. I think I rate Thompson higher than others. We could find another young pup found out this weekend!!

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Mon 19 Aug 2013, 2:43 pm

bhb001 wrote:We could find another young pup found out this weekend!!
You could be right there, which is a worry as the logical progression would be Wlad v Thompson III.

Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Mon 19 Aug 2013, 3:04 pm

Not really a trilogy the boxing world is calling out for, is it!

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Mon 19 Aug 2013, 5:25 pm

Union - There are a fair few fights on as you mentioned, Braehmer, Abraham, Mares, Cruz, Pulev & Narvaez...the problem I have is that I would say only 2/3 at a stretch are anything approaching 50/50...

Next week is a real lull, given the amount of fights over Sep/Oct/Nov I am considering running this one over 12 Weeks!!

Long I know but feel like a 'Super Season' could be good, and keeps things a little different once again.

As such, to start the Weekend of the 7th Sept & then continue through makes things a little easier for me and less complicated for everyone participating.

If your itching to make some predictions though....why not have a flutter at William Hill courtesy of the link on the 606v2 website! Wink(got my plug in...Yahoo )

owen10ozzy

Back to top Go down

Post by sittingringside Mon 19 Aug 2013, 5:39 pm

I'm relatively happy with that as a first stab.

sittingringside

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Fri 23 Aug 2013, 7:44 am

See I got a heads up from owen that other players could come in to it late and I didn't want an unfair advantage over them, that's why I scored zero points nothing to do with knowing sod all. ;-)

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri 06 Sep 2013, 2:17 pm

Burns UD
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzi Fri 06 Sep 2013, 2:22 pm

Too late to join?

Izzi

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Tue 10 Sep 2013, 7:49 pm

Ok the everyone!

Now the the big season of boxing gets underway! With some mouthwatering fights ahead...some real pick em's and vast number of fights forthcoming it's time to get started again in the OMPL.

For those not already signed up feel free to join, whilst you may have missed the 1st week this is the biggest season yet and will run for a fair few weeks so plenty of chances to win.

Anyone new please ensure you read the rules properly before posting your predictions.

owen10ozzy

Back to top Go down

Post by STC Wed 11 Sep 2013, 9:55 am

Floyd Mayweather Jnr vs Saul Alvarez - Alvarez (SD).

Danny Garcia vs Lucas Matthysse - Matthysse (UD).

Ashley Theophane vs Pablo Cesar Cano  - Theophane (UD).

Ishe Smith vs Carlos Molina - Smith (UD).

Kid Galahad vs James Dickens - Galahad (UD).

Hughie Fury vs Shane McPhilbin - Fury (UD).

Chris Eubank Jnr vs TBA - Eubank Jr (EKO).

Joshua Clottey vs Dashon Johnson - Clottey (LKO).
STC
STC

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Wed 11 Sep 2013, 10:17 am

STC wrote:Floyd Mayweather Jnr vs Saul Alvarez - Alvarez (SD).

STC, you forgot tyour wildcards and safety wild card

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by STC Wed 11 Sep 2013, 10:21 am

bhb001 wrote:
STC wrote:Floyd Mayweather Jnr vs Saul Alvarez - Alvarez (SD).

STC, you forgot tyour wildcards and safety wild card
Indeed I did. Thanks.

Floyd Mayweather Jnr vs Saul Alvarez - Alvarez (SD). (W)

Kid Galahad vs James Dickens - Galahad (UD). (SW)

Chris Eubank Jnr vs TBA - Eubank Jr (EKO). (W)

STC
STC

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Wed 11 Sep 2013, 11:00 am

Mayweather UD (W)
Mathyssee EKO (W)
Theopane UD (SW)
Smith UD
Galahad LKO
Fury EKO
Eubank UD
Clottey UD

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 11 Sep 2013, 11:31 am

Alvarez LKO
Matthysse LKO
Theophane UD
Smith SD
Galahad UD (W)
Fury EKO (W)
Eubank LKO (SW)
Clottey UD
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Hibbz Wed 11 Sep 2013, 9:33 pm

I've heard the lad Tubia Nounced is a bit tasty, reckon Eubank Jnr might have his hands full.

Hibbz
hibbz
hibbz

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Wed 11 Sep 2013, 9:44 pm

that actually wound me up Hibbz. I just copied and pasted that name into Google and it brought Frak all up.

Having said the name out loud I realised why.

My god its been a very long day.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Hibbz Wed 11 Sep 2013, 9:51 pm

Ha ha, your honesty (and dare I say it stupidity) has made my equally long day seem infinitely more worthwhile.

I thank you MM8.

Hibbz
hibbz
hibbz

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Wed 11 Sep 2013, 11:09 pm

haha. im still laughing at myself to be honest.

Credit where credit is due mate..........

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Thu 12 Sep 2013, 8:01 am

FIGHT # MATCHUP
# 1 Floyd Mayweather Jnr UD (W)
# 2 Danny Garcia LKO
# 3 Pablo Cesar Cano LKO
# 4 Carlos Molina UD
# 5 Kid Galahad UD
# 6 Hughie Fury EKO (W)
# 7 Chris Eubank Jnr UD (SW)
# 8 Joshua Clottey EKO

Cheers

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxtthis Thu 12 Sep 2013, 2:32 pm

# 2 Lucas Matthysse LKO
# 3 Ashley Theophane UD (SW)
# 4 Ishe Smith UD
# 5 Kid Galahad UD
# 6 Hughie Fury EKO (W)
# 7 Chris Eubank Jnr UD
# 8 Joshua Clottey UD

Boxtthis

Back to top Go down

Post by sittingringside Thu 12 Sep 2013, 5:48 pm

1. Floyd Mayweather Jr UD (W)
2. Danny Garcia UD
3. Ashley Theophane UD
4. Ishe Smith UD
5. Kid Galahad LKO
6. Hughie Fury LKO
7. Chris Eubank Jr UD (W)
8. Joshua Clottey LKO

sittingringside

Back to top Go down

Post by DavidBlunkettsuppercut Thu 12 Sep 2013, 6:14 pm

I bet Chris Eubank Jnr has his hands full with his opponent! Ive heard nasty stories about Mr TBA they reckons he has dynamite in both hands.
DavidBlunkettsuppercut
DavidBlunkettsuppercut

Back to top Go down

Post by DavidBlunkettsuppercut Thu 12 Sep 2013, 6:22 pm

1. Floyd Mayweather Jr UD (W)
2. Lucas Matthysse EKO
3. Ashley Theophane UD
4. Carlos Molina UD (SW)
5. Kid Galahad LKO
6. Hughie Fury LKO
7. Chris Eubank Jr UD (W)
8. Joshua Clottey UD
DavidBlunkettsuppercut
DavidBlunkettsuppercut

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Thu 12 Sep 2013, 10:23 pm

# 2 Lucas Matthysse EKO
# 3 Ashley Theophane UD (W)
# 4 Carlos Molina UD
# 5 Kid Galahad LKO
# 6 Hughie Fury LKO
# 7 Chris Eubank Jnr EKO
# 8 Joshua Clottey LKO (SW)

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Thu 12 Sep 2013, 11:13 pm

Tubia Nounced is Eubank JR opponent.

Still gets me.....

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by The Terror of Tylorstown Thu 12 Sep 2013, 11:23 pm

Mayweather UD (w)
Danny Garcia LKO (W)
Ashley Theophane ud
Ishe Smith SD
Kid Galahad UD
Hughie Fury EKO (SW)
Chris Eubank Jnr UD
Joshua Clottey LKO

Man on the left looks like a good wager this week to me.

The Terror of Tylorstown

Back to top Go down

Post by PPVxHOTTY Fri 13 Sep 2013, 1:16 am

Saul Alvarez LKO (W)
Lucas Matthysse LKO
Ashley Theophane UD
Carlos Molina UD
Kid Galahad UD (W)
Hughie Fury EKO
Chris Eubank Jnr LKO
Joshua Clottey UD (SW)

PPVxHOTTY

Back to top Go down

Post by DavidBlunkettsuppercut Fri 13 Sep 2013, 8:42 am

mobilemaster8 wrote:Tubia Nounced is Eubank JR opponent.

Still gets me.....
I really want to pick Tubia but have never seen him box Sad
DavidBlunkettsuppercut
DavidBlunkettsuppercut

Back to top Go down

Post by trenchtownbaboon Fri 13 Sep 2013, 11:17 am

1 Floyd Mayweather Jnr UD (W)
2 Lucas Matthysse EKO
3 Ashley Theophane UD
4 Carlos Molina UD
5 Kid Galahad LKO (W)
6 Hughie Fury EKO
7 Chris Eubank Jnr UD
7 Dashon Johnson UD (SW)
trenchtownbaboon
trenchtownbaboon

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Fri 13 Sep 2013, 3:50 pm

# 2 Lucas Matthysse LKO
# 3 Pablo Cesar Cano UD (W)
# 4 Ishe Smith SD
# 5 Kid Galahad UD (SW)
# 6 Hughie Fury LKO
# 7 Chris Eubank Jnr LKO
# 8 Joshua Clottey UD
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Hibbz Fri 13 Sep 2013, 4:39 pm

mobilemaster8 wrote:Tubia Nounced is Eubank JR opponent.

Still gets me.....
He's got a cousin called Tubicon Firmed.

# 1 Floyd Mayweather Jnr UD
# 2 Lucas Matthysse LKO (W)
# 3 Pablo Cesar Cano LKO
# 4 Carlos Molina LKO
# 5 Kid Galahad LKO (Reserve W)
# 6 Hughie Fury EKO (W)
# 7 Chris Eubank Jnr UD
# 8 Dashon Johnson LKO

Cheers Ozbroz.

Hibbz
hibbz
hibbz

Back to top Go down

Post by tommyhearnsprodigalson Fri 13 Sep 2013, 7:27 pm

Floyd Mayweather Jnr UD (W)
Lucas Matthysse LKO
Ashley Theophane UD
Ishe Smith SD
Kid Galahad LKO
Hughie Fury EKO (W)
Chris Eubank UD
Joshua Clottey UD

tommyhearnsprodigalson

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Fri 13 Sep 2013, 8:32 pm

Floyd ud w
Matthysse ud sw
Theophane ud
Ishe smith ud w
Kid Galahad ud
Hughie fury lko
Eubank lko
Johnson lko

Cheers ozzy

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellz84 Fri 13 Sep 2013, 9:12 pm

Floyd Mayweather Jnr UD
Lucas Matthysse EKO (W)
Pablo Cesar Cano LKO
Ishe Smith UD
Kid Galahad UD
Hughie Fury EKO (W)
Chris Eubank Jnr UD (SW)
Dashon Johnson UD

Bellz84

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Sat 14 Sep 2013, 10:38 am

Just 7 hours remain for those predictions everyone! With this set to be the biggest OMPL ever hopefully plenty of people get involved....Haye/Fury...Froch/Groves...Golovokin/Stevens...Wlad/Povetkin...Pacman/Rios ....plenty of great fights to predict on and show the v2 community how good your boxing brain is!

owen10ozzy

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sat 14 Sep 2013, 10:53 am

Canelo LKO (W)
Matthysse EKO
Theophane UD
Molina LKO (W)
Galahad UD
Fury LKO
Eubank Jnr LKO (SW)
Clottet UD

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sat 14 Sep 2013, 11:06 am

1.) Floyd UD (W)
2.) Matthysse LKO
3.) Cano UD
4.) Molina UD
5.) Galahad UD (SW)
6.) Fury LKO (W)
7.) Eubank UD
8.) Clottey SD

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Sat 14 Sep 2013, 1:19 pm

1) Mayweather, Unanimous Decision (W)
2) Matthysse, Early KO
3) Cano, Unanimous Decision
4) Smith, Unanimous Decision (W)
5) Galahad, Late KO
6) Fury, Late KO (SW)
7) Eubank, Late KO
8) Clottey, Unanimous Decision

Cheers Owen.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Sat 14 Sep 2013, 5:44 pm

1) Alvarez SD
2) Matthysse, Early KO (W)
3) Theophane MD
4) Smith, UD
5) Galahad UD (SW)
6) Fury, Late KO (W)
7) Eubank, UD
8) Clottey, UD

owen10ozzy

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Tue 17 Sep 2013, 1:55 pm

Table has been updated and next weekends fight for predictions are now up!

Well done to 88chris05 and Davidblunkettsuppercut for their prediction of the week award.

The Fury fight was void as the fight ended due to injury, let me take this time to remind people to ensure they are putting a 'safety wildcard' next to a fight, in case of a fight containing their original wildcard being void.

Best of luck for Week 3 everyone! Thank you for your continued support of the game....where this season the winner will be getting a prize!

owen10ozzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next