The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

+28
shclaff
barragan
gaelgowfer
goldwolf
ryan86
Roller_Coaster
SmithersJones
TRUSSMAN66
1GrumpyGolfer
Bob_the_Job
hend085
pedro
lorus59
MustPuttBetter
navyblueshorts
raycastleunited
JAS
Davie
super_realist
MontysMerkin
beninho
Diggers
kwinigolfer
incontinentia
McLaren
mystiroakey
puligny
dynamark
32 posters

Page 6 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next

Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 6 Empty Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by dynamark Sun 11 Aug 2013, 8:07 am

First topic message reminder :

Hi folks not been around much lately due to new job and no access at work.
Digs I would avoid franchises and any long term property commitments connected to the business.
I very nearly bought into a coffee shop /café a few years ago and in the end it was the hours and time involved which put me off but the lad who bought it is flying .He will be open this morning and doing good business.Anything like that is all about position of course.One of the best businesses I have seen is a café bar in Bristol on the hill up to the Clifton area .opens at seven in the morning and closes at two in the morning.Change of menu and prices late afternoon and lighting /music for the evening trade.
Seen a few things in my new job with a large housing association providing social housing for the unwashed,unemployed,unfit,mentally ill,etc.One surprise is that they have properties and areas where only set religious groups are allowed to live.They call it 'creating communities'?
Hope all are well.

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by mystiroakey Fri 16 Aug 2013, 10:55 am

Never trust the majority of voters..

Isn't that what churchill used to say.. But hey we had the choice!!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by raycastleunited Fri 16 Aug 2013, 11:04 am

pedro wrote:Ironically, with all the macho man and naked torso surrounding Putin I bet he is gay.
Goodbye Pedro. Wouldn't be surprised if you get a knock on the door from a couple of KGB agents shortly.

raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 16 Aug 2013, 11:11 am

My point oakey is that im not sure why you expect a developing country such as russia to have the same forward thinking views as the west given their relative youth as a country and historic issues.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Fri 16 Aug 2013, 11:16 am

super_realist wrote:My point oakey is that im not sure why you expect a developing country such as russia to have the same forward thinking views as the west given their relative youth as a country and historic issues.

..besides...Russia dont have the Guardian to enlighten all their citizens on how to be anally PC!!

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 16 Aug 2013, 11:18 am

Not sure I expect anything from russia. How can I when they have such a history of human rights issues.

I have no idea why we cant question them. I don't really understand the concept of giving there government a break. I will however give their citizens a break because they are the victims.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Fri 16 Aug 2013, 11:21 am

JAS wrote:
super_realist wrote:My point oakey is that im not sure why you expect a developing country such as russia to have the same forward thinking views as the west given their relative youth as a country and historic issues.

..besides...Russia dont have the Guardian to enlighten all their citizens on how to be anally PC!!
But to balance it up they don't have the Daily Mail to tell them homosexuals are all evil, so its swings and roundabouts....
I know which newspaper Id prefer our Russian friends to be reading.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by raycastleunited Fri 16 Aug 2013, 11:28 am

JAS wrote:

Is anal PC some kind of perverted homosexual practice? Hope you are not trying to promote it on this board, there may be Russian minors logged in.

raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 16 Aug 2013, 11:29 am

Its about allowing all extremes(bar pure hate) and every shade of them.

I am very sure our 'Russian Friends' would find the Daily mail as left as anything they are used to.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Fri 16 Aug 2013, 11:32 am

Looking at a list of Developing countries, Brazil stands out, they have embraced Gay Culture i believe. According to Michael Palin anyway. So the fact that Russia or anyone is a developing country should not really make a difference. Its more understandable the less educated normal man on the street having these views, but when it is a global sportsperson, that really should no better, it just seems wrong.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 16 Aug 2013, 11:32 am

Even the Americans find the Daily mail left wing or at least middle of the road.. To us its very much right wing.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Fri 16 Aug 2013, 11:36 am

Left wing the daily mail? The paper that supported Hitler?

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 16 Aug 2013, 11:38 am

Its all about perspective.

Read some journalism from russia or even the states..

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Fri 16 Aug 2013, 11:41 am

You have to remember Russia has a history of providing great philosophers and played a massive part in the birth of democratic thought in the 20th Century. Its not a nation of idiots.
The Mail has a right wing bias and agenda, utterly regardless of the truth. That's why its a poisonous paper.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Fri 16 Aug 2013, 11:42 am

mystiroakey wrote:Its all about perspective.

Read some journalism from russia or even the states..
There are plenty of good newspapers in the States. And when did you last read a Russian newspaper ?

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 16 Aug 2013, 11:44 am

Homosexuality and bi-sexuality has always been fairly open and endemic in Brazil, you can't say the same in Russia.
It just isn't practical to say "unless you adopt the same attitude and laws as defined by us, you can't hold the event"

If you are going to try and impose sanctions on a country holding an event on a fairly trivial law on promoting homosexuality then you'd have to ban almost every country from competing for themselves being part of and representing a country with many laws far worse than this.

I look forward to the Next Euro's, Olympics and World Cup being contested by only Norway, Sweden and Denmark on that basis.

Look at how long attitudes take to change even over here, the absurd and childish views held in NI/ROI in regards to religion/abortion/sectarianism etc show just how long things take to change.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 16 Aug 2013, 11:44 am

I haven't. But i can only imagine!!!

The states left is righter than our right! Thats the fact of it

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Fri 16 Aug 2013, 11:46 am

No way of the States left more to the right than the right wing of the Conservative Party or indeed UKIP.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 16 Aug 2013, 11:50 am

super_realist wrote:Homosexuality and bi-sexuality has always been fairly open and endemic in Brazil, you can't say the same in Russia.
It just isn't practical to say "unless you adopt the same attitude and laws as defined by us, you can't hold the event"

If you are going to try and impose sanctions on a country holding an event on a fairly trivial law on promoting homosexuality then you'd have to ban almost every country from competing for themselves being part of and representing a country with many laws far worse than this.

I look forward to the Next Euro's, Olympics and World Cup being contested by only Norway, Sweden and Denmark on that basis.

Look at how long attitudes take to change even over here, the absurd and childish views held in NI/ROI in regards to religion/abortion/sectarianism etc show just how long things take to change.

What sticks in peoples throats is that-We know how these nations are getting the events and is due to corruption and brown paper bags. The fact that they have disgraceful human rights laws is just an added issue!

I also have no idea what you are talking about when it comes to norway, sweden and denmark.. You seem to paint a very good picture of those nations. without understanding the flaws!

These countries don't take anything like the immigration we do yet guess what sweden has been having riots after riots about issues in recent times. I don't you actually understand that they are actually behind us.. If they become as multicultural as we are then they would face much worse issues. To get better you have to get worse etc!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 16 Aug 2013, 11:51 am

Diggers wrote:No way of the States left more to the right than the right wing of the Conservative Party or indeed UKIP.
the UKIP isn't a major party mate. We all have crazy extremist lefties and righties- But i am talking reality over theory!

and no its pretty much clear that the all the major parties(cons,libs,labour) are lefter than the US. Obama is part of the major left party. Trust me they are much further right than the Cons.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 16 Aug 2013, 11:55 am

Oakey, are you kidding?

Sweden in particular have MASSIVE immigration from Africa and also from Turkey and the Middle Eastcertainly proportional to their populations when compared with immigration in this country.
Through my work (for Denmarks biggest company) I often travel there and you couldn't be more wrong. Denmark and Norway are hugely multicultural and are year on year rated best for places to live, standard of living and how they treat their citizens.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Fri 16 Aug 2013, 11:56 am

No they aren't.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 16 Aug 2013, 11:58 am

Diggers wrote:No they aren't.
No they aren't what??

You think Obama is lefter than Cameron Smile Smile

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Fri 16 Aug 2013, 12:01 pm

mystiroakey wrote:
No they aren't what??

You think Obama is lefter than Cameron SmileSmile
On a lot of policy yes. But that's a very simplistic way of comparing the two party's Mysti.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 16 Aug 2013, 12:02 pm

super_realist wrote:Oakey, are you kidding?

Sweden in particular have MASSIVE immigration from Africa and also from Turkey and the Middle Eastcertainly proportional to their populations when compared with immigration in this country.
Through my work (for Denmarks biggest company) I often travel there and you couldn't be more wrong. Denmark and Norway are hugely multicultural and are year on year rated best for places to live, standard of living and how they treat their citizens.
I did talk about sweden Sr?

You have now conveniently not mentioned them in this reply!

Last edited by mystiroakey on Fri 16 Aug 2013, 12:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 16 Aug 2013, 12:03 pm

America doesn't really have a left, It's right wing is split in two. Right, Right with a heart

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 16 Aug 2013, 12:04 pm

Diggers wrote:
mystiroakey wrote:
No they aren't what??

On a lot of policy yes. But that's a very simplistic way of comparing the two party's Mysti.
On hardly any policy.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 16 Aug 2013, 12:05 pm

super_realist wrote:America doesn't really have a left, It's right wing is split in two. Right, Right with a heart
Agreed

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 16 Aug 2013, 12:07 pm

Yes, Sweden have had riots, as have we. Yet you insist that we impose our law on other countries by taking away their events.

Whether Sweden has had riots or not, you'll never get a truly utopian place to live. Every country has it's problems, even great countries like Sweden, but the Nordic countries rate incredibly highly in almost every poll of where is best to live.

It's how frequent and numerous these problems are and how a country deals with them.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 16 Aug 2013, 12:08 pm

"Yet you insist that we impose our law on other countries by taking away their events"

I haven't insisted on anything

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Fri 16 Aug 2013, 12:08 pm

mystiroakey wrote:
Diggers wrote:
mystiroakey wrote:
No they aren't what??

On hardly any policy.

Cameron's being ripped apart for not being right wing enough for his party. And if he didn't have to pacify the coalition you'd be seeing far more aggressive right wing policy.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 16 Aug 2013, 12:12 pm

mystiroakey wrote:"Yet you insist that we impose our law on other countries by taking away their events"

I haven't insisted on anything
Sorry, it was the "royal" you.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 16 Aug 2013, 12:18 pm

I don't even know who the royal we are. And no one is insisting on anything, people are speaking up what what they believe is right or wrong though.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Fri 16 Aug 2013, 12:20 pm

super_realist wrote:a fairly trivial law on promoting homosexuality
For a man who prides himself on supposedly sharing the rapier like logic of Richard Dawkins that is an awfully stupid comment to make. Verging on homophobia in fact.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 16 Aug 2013, 12:25 pm

Diggers wrote:
mystiroakey wrote:
Diggers wrote:
mystiroakey wrote:
No they aren't what??

On hardly any policy.

Cameron's being ripped apart for not being right wing enough for his party. And if he didn't have to pacify the coalition you'd be seeing far more aggressive right wing policy.
Thats a good point i suppose..

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 16 Aug 2013, 12:29 pm

McLaren wrote:
For a man who prides himself on supposedly sharing the rapier like logic of Richard Dawkins that is an awfully stupid comment to make.  Verging on homophobia in fact.
Hardly Mac, it is in the context of other countries with far worse laws and acts in perspective who are having a go at Russia for this law, yet over look their own shortcomings which are often far worse.

Stop being such a drama "queen".

#fauxoffence.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 16 Aug 2013, 12:34 pm

Trivial isn't the best way of describing it SR. I have to agree with Mac on that.

Some of the rulings i hear from other nations is purely sadistic though and will allways put Russia in a good light!!

a couple below.

An 11 year old girl was raped and not allowed an abortion in Chile.

a 15 year old girl was raped by her father and the punishment to her was 100 lashes in the maldives!!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 16 Aug 2013, 12:38 pm

Trivial in comparison to what some of the countries who have previously held large events are allowed to get away with with zero condemnation.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 16 Aug 2013, 12:40 pm

South Africa were boycotted from playing sport let alone holding events..

This could have significantly pushed them forward

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 16 Aug 2013, 12:40 pm

It also pushed the England cricket team forward (cough cough)

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 16 Aug 2013, 12:43 pm

It's an hysterical reaction from Mac as usual when Russia's real issues in terms of holding sporting events are based mainly in their attitudes to race which are well documented.

Their stance on homosexuality is obviously not a good one, but there are bigger fish to fry in Russia than whether or not they permit people to promote homosexuality to under 18's there.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Fri 16 Aug 2013, 12:44 pm

Also earned some old english cricketers a bit of cash...

Talk of Denmark, made me think of The Killing, just watched the third series, and it makes denmark look pretty grim. Though was a great programme!

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 16 Aug 2013, 12:45 pm

beninho wrote:Also earned some old english cricketers a bit of cash...

Talk of Denmark, made me think of The Killing, just watched the third series, and it makes denmark look pretty grim. Though was a great programme!
just as Inspector Morse makes Oxford look like you'll get murdered if you visit. It's called fiction.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Fri 16 Aug 2013, 12:50 pm

I mean in terms of prettiness of the area. It made Norway look lovely with the Fjords and scenery. But Denmark looked Grey and rainy. I assume its not always like that. Oxford still looks like a nice place no mater how many people get killed.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 16 Aug 2013, 12:53 pm

It can be a bit like the UK at times Beninho.

Copenhagen is tremendous in summer though, frequently 30C plus and beautiful women everywhere.

You can make any place look bad if you want to though, part of film-making to create the atmosphere.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 16 Aug 2013, 12:54 pm

It probably is quite grey that north up.

Oxford is a beautiful part of the world.(as is the whole of the south east)

Everytime I get off the tunnel in to Kent from France. The green rolling hills gets me everytime! Same when I am coming in from a plane to gatwick or Heathrow!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Fri 16 Aug 2013, 12:54 pm

McLaren wrote:
For a man who prides himself on supposedly sharing the rapier like logic of Richard Dawkins that is an awfully stupid comment to make.  Verging on homophobia in fact.
Err, no.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by MontysMerkin Fri 16 Aug 2013, 2:35 pm

mystiroakey wrote:It probably is quite grey that north up.

Everytime I get off the tunnel in to Kent from France. The green rolling hills gets me everytime! Same when I am coming in from a plane to gatwick or Heathrow!
Sorry but the south east is a stinking overcrowded cesspool. Expensive, dirty, impolite people, overcrowded and smelly.

Yours,
a southener (emigrated north)
MontysMerkin
MontysMerkin

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Fri 16 Aug 2013, 2:49 pm

MontysMerkin wrote:

Sorry but the south east is a stinking overcrowded cesspool. Expensive, dirty, impolite people, overcrowded and smelly.

Yours,
The north is cold, wet, boring, parochial, culturally bereft armpit full of chip on the their shoulder people and the friendliness is an utter myth.
Yours
a northerner (emigrated south)

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 16 Aug 2013, 2:55 pm

Monty. I am going to ignore that one mate!!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by MontysMerkin Fri 16 Aug 2013, 3:38 pm

Diggers wrote:
MontysMerkin wrote:

Yours,
The north is cold, wet, boring, parochial, culturally bereft armpit full of chip on the their shoulder people and the friendliness is an utter myth.
Yours
a northerner (emigrated south)
Correct.
Enjoy Very Happy 
MontysMerkin
MontysMerkin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next