The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Solheim Cup - Payback time !!!

+19
Duty281
raycastleunited
lorus59
Plunky
Skydriver
pedro
gaelgowfer
incontinentia
Bob_the_Job
MustPuttBetter
Shotrock
kwinigolfer
McLaren
super_realist
shclaff
Davie
navyblueshorts
JAS
TRUSSMAN66
23 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

The Solheim Cup -  Payback time !!! - Page 3 Empty The Solheim Cup - Payback time !!!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 16 Aug 2013, 11:18 am

First topic message reminder :

Remembering all the good natured abuse I got when Europe turned the Ryder cup round.............

Well It's our turn now.......I've tried and tried and tried again but I just can't see how this inexperienced Euro team avoids getting hammered against the likes of Wie, Creamer and Pressel etc etc........

I'll call it 171/2 -101/2..........and that's being nice..............No experience in your team and away from home......

Hope you are all well....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

The Solheim Cup -  Payback time !!! - Page 3 Empty Re: The Solheim Cup - Payback time !!!

Post by kwinigolfer Mon 19 Aug 2013, 12:23 am

The obligatory weather delay - prolonging the agony?
Or giving the US Team a chance to devise Plan D?

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

The Solheim Cup -  Payback time !!! - Page 3 Empty Re: The Solheim Cup - Payback time !!!

Post by JAS Mon 19 Aug 2013, 1:43 am

Enjoy your humble pie Truss...looking forward to your Gleneagles predictions Wink

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Mon 19 Aug 2013, 1:46 am

Don't know where you are TRUSS, but hope you're taking this on the chin.

How do you feel about a young Englishman winning the US Am?

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 19 Aug 2013, 7:54 am

cake cake cake cake 

Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh 

Couldn't forecast the morning arriving.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob_the_Job Mon 19 Aug 2013, 8:52 am

I'm going to ask him to pick 42 numbers for the UK lottery.. then play the other 7.

Fantastic win by Team Europe - very impressive performance throughout the team and the rookies played a blinder.
Bob_the_Job
Bob_the_Job

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Mon 19 Aug 2013, 9:18 am

Ketchup with this TRUSS....?

Spoiler:

Fabulous win for the ladies. Sure experience was mentioned way back in this thread so I wonder what to make of Hull's massacre of Creamer? Great result all round.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Mon 19 Aug 2013, 10:06 am

Humble pie with plenty of creamer on...

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 19 Aug 2013, 10:12 am

Shocked  .......Ha ha well played.....Didn't see that coming !!! and I'm sure neither did anybody else on here If they are honest.....

Got it wrong........As for Hedwall well maybe Poulter and her should get divorced and marry eachother...

Humble pie for sure and well done........A tough spine in European women's golf and too many Americans seem to take defeat in their stride...

Almost got the score right though..

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Mon 19 Aug 2013, 10:13 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 19 Aug 2013, 10:29 am

Well done Truss,

Couldn't tip coal.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Mon 19 Aug 2013, 10:32 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Shocked  .......Ha ha well played.....Didn't see that coming !!! and I'm sure neither did anybody else on here If they are honest.....

Got it wrong........As for Hedwall well maybe Poulter and her should get divorced and marry eachother...

Humble pie for sure and well done........A tough spine in European women's golf and too many Americans seem to take defeat in their stride...

HA HA...Fair play Smile Clearly from your original post you never saw it coming. We did try to tell you to be fair. I wouldn't say I didn't see the win potentially coming but I was surprised at the margin of victory. You also got it completely wrong about the rookies being shrinking violets. There was a moment in the Hull Creamer match quite early on, both had 3 footers with Hull being an inch or 2 further away so had to putt first. She sunk it confidently then lifted Creamer's marker. It just smacked of "You cant intimidate me, I know what I'm doing here and I won't need to rely on making you make 3 footers" Psychologically she owned Creamer from that point on. Awesome for a young kid to do that to such an experienced player.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 19 Aug 2013, 10:34 am

JAS wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Shocked  .......Ha ha well played.....Didn't see that coming !!! and I'm sure neither did anybody else on here If they are honest.....

HA HA...Fair play Smile  Clearly from your original post you never saw it coming. We did try to tell you to be fair. I wouldn't say I didn't see the win potentially coming but I was surprised at the margin of victory. You also got it completely wrong about the rookies being shrinking violets. There was a moment in the Hull Creamer match quite early on, both had 3 footers with Hull being an inch or 2 further away so had to putt first. She sunk it confidently then lifted Creamer's marker. It just smacked of "You cant intimidate me, I know what I'm doing here and I won't need to rely on making you make 3 footers" Psychologically she owned Creamer from that point on. Awesome for a young kid to do that to such an experienced player.
She didn't psychologically own anybody.............Creamer didn't play well.........It happens..

Rocca beat Woods..............Price beat Mickelson..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Mon 19 Aug 2013, 10:36 am

Don't feel as if the US media has been paying attention, you're not the only one, TRUSS!
The ladies who play on the LPGA Tour have at least the same success rate as the American women, plus support the LET also - most of them proven winners around the world whereas so many of the US Ladies, apart from Lewis and Kerr (wasted batting at #12, but what a sourpuss), have a record of consistency but not victories.

Very impressive golf through the week - plenty of short putts missed including three tiddlers yesterday by Charley Hull (what a drubbing that would have been for Paula Creamer if a couple of them had gone down) but some sensational long putting by Hull, Cigunda, Recari, Icher etc.

Assume Juli Inkster will be the US Captain in Germany, but she needs to unearth some winners or there's another thumping in store; this generation of European Ladies is only going to get better.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Mon 19 Aug 2013, 10:37 am

Oh don't be daft - Creamer the Screamer was totally owned from about the 3rd hole. Matchplay is all about psychology .. and Charley was no match for her

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 19 Aug 2013, 10:38 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
JAS wrote:

HA HA...Fair play Smile  Clearly from your original post you never saw it coming. We did try to tell you to be fair. I wouldn't say I didn't see the win potentially coming but I was surprised at the margin of victory. You also got it completely wrong about the rookies being shrinking violets. There was a moment in the Hull Creamer match quite early on, both had 3 footers with Hull being an inch or 2 further away so had to putt first. She sunk it confidently then lifted Creamer's marker. It just smacked of "You cant intimidate me, I know what I'm doing here and I won't need to rely on making you make 3 footers" Psychologically she owned Creamer from that point on. Awesome for a young kid to do that to such an experienced player.
She didn't psychologically own anybody.............Creamer didn't play well.........It happens..

Rocca beat Woods..............Price beat Mickelson..
So are you saying that Creamer is as gash at Team Matchplay as Woods and Mickelson?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 19 Aug 2013, 10:40 am

Davie wrote:Oh don't be daft - Creamer the Screamer was totally owned from about the 3rd hole. Matchplay is all about psychology .. and Charley was no match for her
Complete rubbish..............

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Mon 19 Aug 2013, 10:49 am

If you knew anything about golf, particularly matchplay golf Truss, you'd know that's EXACTLY what happened in that match. Creamer didn't play her best all week granted but she was particularly poor on Sunday and I'd say that was a lot to day with self assuredness oozing out of Hull. I bet Creamer went into that match thinking she'd mentally scramble the youngster. When it became apparent that wasn't going to happen she just folded.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 19 Aug 2013, 10:52 am

She got smashed by Hull the day before too so was obviosuly bricking herself.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 19 Aug 2013, 10:52 am

I don't know anything about anything Mate....Just know that everytime a Yank loses he/she has been owned mentally......

No one can have a bad day from America..

When Creamer beat Davies 7 and 5 it was luck...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 19 Aug 2013, 10:59 am

super_realist wrote:She got smashed by Hull the day before too so was obviosuly bricking herself.
Don't know why you bother Mate....Something nasty about you...

Paula creamer is a great player and former major winner...I have a little more respect for her than to suggest she bricked it because someone held a 3 footer..

You guys can't win with class it seems... !!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Skydriver Mon 19 Aug 2013, 10:59 am

What's just happened might increase the profile and standing of this event as well as ladies golf generally. Seemed to have the right ingredients - historic away win and retention for the side which has mostly lost before, individual record book honours for Nordquist (1!), Hull (17!) and Hedwall (5!), some controversy here and there (2x drop incidents, concession-gate), as well as showcasing of new and old stars.

Skydriver

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 19 Aug 2013, 11:06 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
super_realist wrote:She got smashed by Hull the day before too so was obviosuly bricking herself.

Paula creamer is a great player and former major winner...I have a little more respect for her than to suggest she bricked it because someone held a 3 footer..

What's nasty about that? Stop being such a right on ninny.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Mon 19 Aug 2013, 11:07 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

So after creating this thread and spouting all sorts of rubbish leading into the weekend....YOU now want to talk about class???

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by raycastleunited Mon 19 Aug 2013, 11:08 am

Fantastic effort from the ladies. Great golf all round from both teams. Europeans just seemed to have more belief and generated fantastic momentum.

Some great putts holed, but some really dodgy chipping going on. A couple of really amateurish efforts on to down hill slopes.

raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 19 Aug 2013, 11:12 am

JAS wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

So after creating this thread and spouting all sorts of rubbish leading into the weekend....YOU now want to talk about class???
What rubbish have I spouted.......My prediction was the consensus.......No one rated your team and they played fantastically well..and hats off!!

Just act with more class....I haven't been hostile to anyone...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Mon 19 Aug 2013, 11:12 am

Europe prove their superiority over America once again.

Well played. clap clap 

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by hend085 Mon 19 Aug 2013, 11:13 am

Skydriver wrote:What's just happened might increase the profile and standing of this event as well as ladies golf generally.  Seemed to have the right ingredients - historic away win and retention for the side which has mostly lost before, individual record book honours for Nordquist (1!), Hull (17!) and Hedwall (5!), some controversy here and there (2x drop incidents, concession-gate), as well as showcasing of new and old stars.
didnt see much of the action just following the scores mainly. what was "concession-gate"?

hend085

Back to top Go down

Post by Skydriver Mon 19 Aug 2013, 11:20 am

hend085 wrote:
Skydriver wrote:What's just happened might increase the profile and standing of this event as well as ladies golf generally.  Seemed to have the right ingredients - historic away win and retention for the side which has mostly lost before, individual record book honours for Nordquist (1!), Hull (17!) and Hedwall (5!), some controversy here and there (2x drop incidents, concession-gate), as well as showcasing of new and old stars.
didnt see much of the action just following the scores mainly. what was "concession-gate"?
Paula/Lexi v Jodi/Charley on Sat afternoon.  Paula was effectively out of the hole but wanted to show her partner the line on a putt.  Standing over the ball and literally about to start the stroke, someone (a caddie?) interrupted to concede Paula's non-meaningful putt.  Not entirely sure what happened here, but there were accusations that Annika on the sidelines told them to do this - issues being (a) did she illegally give "advice" [no, apparently], (b) should it have been the caddie who conceded, and (c) timing.  Written off as bad etiquette in the end I think [Lexi made her putt anyway], but Americans were not happy at the time.

Just realised that Charley isn't old enough to drink any celebratory alcohol with her teammates...?!?

Skydriver

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 19 Aug 2013, 11:25 am

Truss, grow up. No one is being nasty and please remember it's always been you who has been abusive in the past requiring warnings from mods and a concilliatory PM from you to me.

Just saying.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 19 Aug 2013, 11:30 am

I'm not interested..super!!....You are just unpleasant.

As for the concession-gate...water under the bridge..we were outplayed....

Think we thought it was a walkover..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 19 Aug 2013, 11:36 am

Truss, I'm perfectly pleasant, but like Mac with his faux offence, you look for something that isn't there.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Mon 19 Aug 2013, 11:38 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
JAS wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

What rubbish have I spouted.......My prediction was the consensus.......No one rated your team and they played fantastically well..and hats off!!

Truss you are hard work....Your prediction simply WASNT the consensus...find me another 17 and a 1/2 - 10 and a 1/2 to the USA prediction.
No-one rated your team (No I think that's a conversation you're having in your own head with yourself)
You said the experienced Wie Creamer and Kerr would be too much for the Europeans
You said the crowd would be a factor (only 2 Jocks and a sheep supporting us!!)
Our rookies were shrinking violets.

You've had the courtesy and humility to take the defeat on the chin and admit you were wrong which is fair enough...don't spoil it by splitting hairs and accuse us of a lack of class.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 19 Aug 2013, 11:39 am

super_realist wrote:Truss, I'm perfectly pleasant, but like Mac with his faux offence, you look for something that isn't there.
There is no need for you to be posting is there...You've won...you've already rubbed it in...abusing Creamer on the way...

Point taken....off you go.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 19 Aug 2013, 11:42 am

JAS wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
JAS wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

Truss you are hard work....Your prediction simply WASNT the consensus...find me another 17 and a 1/2 - 10 and a 1/2 to the USA prediction.
No-one rated your team (No I think that's a conversation you're having in your own head with yourself)
You said the experienced Wie Creamer and Kerr would be too much for the Europeans

You've had the courtesy and humility to take the defeat on the chin and admit you were wrong which is fair enough...don't spoil it by splitting hairs and accuse us of a lack of class.
America were huge favorites...17 1/2 - 10 1/2...........16-12......................so what....Consensus was we win comfortably......

The Creamer stuff is beyond contempt......She's the goat......obviously

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 19 Aug 2013, 11:42 am

Can you expect anyone not to rub it in the way you make such articles and hysterically inaccurate predictions?

I'm sorry, but you deserve it, and if I really wanted to I could be nasty, but I'm not.

Nor have I abused Creamer.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 19 Aug 2013, 11:43 am

Just stop it..goading people all the time..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 19 Aug 2013, 11:44 am

As opposed to your pre-tournament goading?

Seriously Truss, be consistent. If you can't take a bit of friendly ribbing, then don't dish it out.

This is twice you've done it, and twice you've ended up with egg on your face.
Take it in good grace, or don't dish it out.

Find me one person who disagrees with that statement.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 19 Aug 2013, 11:46 am

super_realist wrote:As opposed to your pre-tournament goading?

Seriously Truss, be consistent. If you can't take a bit of friendly ribbing, then don't dish it out.

just stop it...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 19 Aug 2013, 11:49 am

Why? I haven't done anything wrong.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Mon 19 Aug 2013, 11:49 am

super_realist wrote:As opposed to your pre-tournament goading?

clap clap clap 

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Mon 19 Aug 2013, 11:54 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
JAS wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
JAS wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

America were huge favorites...17 1/2  -  10 1/2...........16-12......................so what....Consensus was we win comfortably......

The Creamer stuff is beyond contempt......She's the goat......obviously
They were huge favourites in YOUR head. Are you seriously telling me your TV networks/The Golf Channel et al were as deluded as you in the prediction stakes??

Your defensiveness of Creamer is amusing, have you got a crush on her?? Don't get me wrong I actually like her, like her or loathe her she has got charisma and personality and is good for the promotion of the women's game. It is a shame that she played poorly yesterday and allowed young Charley a relatively easy win rather than a hard fought down to the wire match but I still maintain that ultimately the course of that match was decided by what was going on between the ears of both of them.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Mon 19 Aug 2013, 11:56 am

Truss, i was going to post to say fair play to you for coming on to congratulate the Euro team and for not hiding, but now you seem to be dining on the sour grapes which is a shame.

The Solheim Cup was great viewing and i hope helps to grow interest in ladies golf
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 19 Aug 2013, 11:56 am

Haven't goaded anybody just gave my opinion.....If Duty who has been kicked off 606 for making BNP type statements is your best supporter then good luck to you...

Any how life is too short to give super an argument...which is the only reason he comes on here..

well done Europe......Humble pie well and truly eaten..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Mon 19 Aug 2013, 11:57 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Haven't goaded anybody just gave my opinion.....If Duty who has been kicked off 606 for making BNP type statements is your best supporter then good luck to you...

Any how life is too short to give super an argument...which is the only reason he comes on here..

well done Europe......Humble pie well and truly eaten..
Laugh Laugh Laugh 

Get a grip, and dry your eyes.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 19 Aug 2013, 11:57 am

Stop over-reacting Truss and take it like an adult.

No one else is moaning, you just don't like me.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Mon 19 Aug 2013, 12:02 pm

MustPuttBetter wrote:Truss, i was going to post to say fair play to you for coming on to congratulate the Euro team and for not hiding, but now you seem to be dining on the sour grapes which is a shame.

The Solheim Cup was great viewing and i hope helps to grow interest in ladies golf
Have to admit I don't habitually watch ladies golf (apart from maybe the ladies British Open) but the last 2 Solheim's have been fantastic viewing.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 19 Aug 2013, 12:17 pm

I think matchplay golf should be played a lot more........I like that world matchplay with the top 64 in.......

In fairness Kuchar slapped Poulter's butt in that........Must have psyched him out early !!Cool 

Felt sorry for Michelle Wie for the flak she took......Nearly beat Hedwall who hit a beauty on the last..

Deserved a half.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Mon 19 Aug 2013, 12:23 pm

Michelle Wie deserves all the flak she gets - and what's with that ridiculous putting style?
Looks like she must have received a bollocking from Mallon on Saturday for dissing the Europeans - who then went on to beat her. Brat.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 19 Aug 2013, 12:25 pm

kwinigolfer wrote:Michelle Wie deserves all the flak she gets - and what's with that ridiculous putting style?

She can putt how she likes.......

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Plunky Mon 19 Aug 2013, 12:33 pm

Apparently she noticed that the shorter asian women like putted really well, so she though that like if she could like get her eyes like closer to the ball like, maybe she could like putt like them.  And actually her putting has improved with that wacky looking stance, but i find it hard to believe it won't hurt her back in the long run.

Plunky

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Mon 19 Aug 2013, 12:51 pm

Plunky wrote:Apparently she noticed that the shorter asian women like putted really well, so she though that like if she could like get her eyes like closer to the ball like, maybe she could like putt like them.  And actually her putting has improved with that wacky looking stance, but i find it hard to believe it won't hurt her back in the long run.
Watch it, Mac will say that's bordering on racism............. Run 
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next