The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is Mayweather v Canelo on Box Nation or BT Sport?

+16
Lumbering_Jack
Steffan
tommyhearnsprodigalson
jack-rabbitpunch
hazharrison
TopHat24/7
STC
hampo17
KingMonkey
School Project
Rowley
OasisBFC
mobilemaster8
BoxingFan88
jimdig
ronian
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Is Mayweather v Canelo on Box Nation or BT Sport? Empty Is Mayweather v Canelo on Box Nation or BT Sport?

Post by ronian Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:15 am

Have read conflicting things with Box Nation saying they have the fight but have read elsewhere that they have had a falling out with GBP. All Access is on BT Sport tomorrow night so wondering if they are now showing the fight. Anyone know who definitely has it? Cheers

ronian

Back to top Go down

Is Mayweather v Canelo on Box Nation or BT Sport? Empty Re: Is Mayweather v Canelo on Box Nation or BT Sport?

Post by jimdig Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:28 am

I thought i knew it was boxnation until i read your post.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Is Mayweather v Canelo on Box Nation or BT Sport? Empty Re: Is Mayweather v Canelo on Box Nation or BT Sport?

Post by BoxingFan88 Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:32 am

Its on Boxnation, I don't think they had a falling out, it was just that they overpriced the Mares card and Boxnation didn't go for it.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:02 pm

Sure its on boxnation last time a checked the schedule...which was last Saturday before Clev got pasted. So presume its still on?

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by OasisBFC Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:46 pm

last time i checked, the all access was on box nation and freeview.
have BT sport bought any boxing or planning too? hope they have as i've got it on my virgin subscription but think they're throwing all of their money at football.

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:03 pm

Has Boxnation delivered its promised HD channel yet?

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:11 pm

Rowley wrote:Has Boxnation delivered its promised HD channel yet?
Nope, not as of yet.

HD would be a blessing and a curse for BoxNation. Fights in HD rather than the muddy looking stream would be beautiful. Bunce and Illis? Not so much.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:19 pm

I think I'm going to go against everything I have said previously and buy this on Boxnation. I'll immediately cancel my subscription after the fight though. I'm assuming I can do that.

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:26 pm

Because of the amount of overseas boxing Boxnation shows it really is a must for boxing fans, £10 is hardly breaking the bank either.

I can remember when people where moaning that sky weren't picking up overseas shows and that it was a disgrace, yet now they are available people don't want to pay a little extra.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:28 pm

KingMonkey wrote:I think I'm going to go against everything I have said previously and buy this on Boxnation.  I'll immediately cancel my subscription after the fight though.  I'm assuming I can do that.
Splitter, if we had folk like you on the beaches of Dunkirk we would all be speaking German now.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by STC Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:30 pm

HD would be great but it's not exactly a deal breaker is it?

I manage to watch the fights ok in normal definition, I can even pick out which boxer is which. It's fine.

I remember watching Barry McGuigan win the world title on a 14 inch black and white TV.

Bloody kids today.
STC
STC

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:33 pm

STC I remember listening to music on a walkman which could carry one cassette in it, does not mean I wouldn't prefer an MP3 player that can carry thousands of songs, it's called progress.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by STC Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:43 pm

I hear you, wasn't directed at you.

I follow BoxNation on Facebook (you see, I'm down with the kids) but the amount of stick they get on there from people because it's not HD is unreal. My point is that it makes no difference to the viewer if it is or not. It doesn't affect the viewing experience whatsoever, the picture quality is fine. HD will probably cost a bit more and that will be passed onto the viewer. Then people will complain that the price has gone up.

Some people are never happy. They did an offer of one free month for new subscribers. They then got bombarded with a tirade of abuse from long term subscribers asking where their free month was? Some people were asking if they could subscribe for a month, get that month for free, then cancel and subscribe for a month, get that month free, then cancel, subscribe for a month.....
STC
STC

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:50 pm

All irrelevant to me, don't subscribe and never will whether they show it in standard, HD or 3D, my principles are not for sale.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:53 pm

Rowley wrote:All irrelevant to me, don't subscribe and never will whether they show it in standard, HD or 3D, my principles are not for sale.
Out of interest Rowley, why don't you subscribe?

Is it purely a Warren thing?

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:58 pm

KingMonkey wrote:I think I'm going to go against everything I have said previously and buy this on Boxnation.  I'll immediately cancel my subscription after the fight though.  I'm assuming I can do that.
Does mean you'll pay £20 for the fight though as it's £10 sign-up plus £10 pcm, unless you can find a deal somewhere.

Keep getting tempted into cancelling as there's numerous infuriating things about BN, not least that, on top of no HD, loads of stuff you get free on Sky such as viewing by other means (computer, phone, etc) are all £10 extra for EACH ONE on BN. So if you wanted the facility to watch fights on computer and, sometimes, your phone, you'd need to pay £30 pcm!!

Add in the fact remote record never works and it's all very frustrating.

Plus the domestic line-up is utter crud, it's just that they do a much much better job than Sky in pulling in the big international fights.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:00 pm

No mate not related to Warren at all. Just don’t think it is healthy for the sport long term. Problem I have with the channel is nobody outside of hardcore fans will subscribe, in much the way I would not subscribe to golf nation or rugby league nation. As such I worry about the long term effect on the sport because if all the best action is reserved to such a channel the input of new fans of the sport is likely to decrease, as most of us get into sports by seeing them.

I know you have to pay for Sky sports but if you buy sky because you are a football fan you will still get to see other sports for your money and so can get into sports you previously have not bothered with. Just don’t like the model with boxnation.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by STC Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:02 pm

My principles are for sale at a very reasonable price.
STC
STC

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:03 pm

IM a subscriber via my phone (SGS3 so screen size is rather large so not too bad).

what i do is watch it in that for £9.99 a month (nice 12p a year in savings) then hit the DLNA button and stream the phone through my xbox onto the big screen.

Rather do that, plus, if i need a urine mid fight through copious beer drinking, i can wander upstairs with phone in hand not missing any action. Savings AND practical. Bonus.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by STC Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:05 pm

I just have a pan next to my chair that I relieve myself into.
STC
STC

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:06 pm

STC wrote:I just have a pan next to my chair that I relieve myself into.
Real men in Scunny.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:13 pm

There have been whispers that BT Sport will acquire BoxNation at some point.

Simion Green is the head of BT Sport (and was BoxNation's former chief executive).

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:18 pm

That would really annoy me! If BT Sport got it! Its more money ( as a virgin subscriber). Id be paying £15 a month as opposed to £9.99. Unless they keep the "App" for me phone in which case ill stay happy.....although now pondering a pan on ebay for future fights......

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:13 pm

Ok, so it wouldn't just be a tenner..... Hmmmm..... £20 to 'him' and all of a sudden I'm not so enthusiastic.

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:36 pm

Unless your with virgin or subscribe online.....you only pay a tenner with no "warren" fees.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:42 pm

I subscribed online, still had to pay the sign on fee.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:44 pm

Oh. I never? Although as i said, i did it via the Boxnation Android App so just paid £9.99 and that was that.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by jack-rabbitpunch Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:58 pm

If virgin did buy bn, just upgrae to the XL package, its not that much more per month and you get loads more aside from one channel

jack-rabbitpunch

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:05 pm

Yeh i did that the other day just to watch my team (stoke) play!! They said its £10 for 6 months for the XL pack which includes bt and espn but then its £20 extra a month after that initial period.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:07 pm

Its a joke really, when i was in Bahrain and Saudi, you paid £55 PER YEAR and got EVERY FOOTBALL match in HD from the premier league via an interactive button. So instead of £90 a month to watch Jeff Stelling talk about your match, you can actually watch your team weekly and save £1040 a year. Joke or what.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by STC Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:23 pm

I don't mind paying extortionate amounts for Sky Sports. Somebody's got to pay for the Premier League footballers Lambos and Bugattis. If it wasn't for us they'd still be driving round in Porsches and Range Rovers, like their poor Championship counterparts.
STC
STC

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:46 pm

Or Mayweathers $1.6 million Bugatti Veyron.....

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:04 am

*gets out of Bugatti and hands over roll of notes*

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:15 am

Haha Yes, i remember that......man sausage.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:16 am

Although im very envious. Saying that, i drive an Alfa Romeo and hand over my wages to my missus. Maybe he is envious of me? You never know.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by STC Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:22 am

I ride a Boardman Hybrid and hand over my wages to 2 ex wives and kids.

Living the dream.
STC
STC

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:24 am

Even im envious of that mate, let alone mayweather!

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by STC Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:42 am

I know, sometimes I have to pinch myself.
STC
STC

Back to top Go down

Post by tommyhearnsprodigalson Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:48 am

I feel your pain STC!!

tommyhearnsprodigalson

Back to top Go down

Post by STC Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:09 am

I love it.
STC
STC

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:19 am

2 ex wives STC, you need to be a bit more charming. Honestly if boxing geeks from scunny are not every womans dream I begin to lose faith in the fairer sex.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by STC Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:26 am

Rowley wrote:2 ex wives STC, you need to be a bit more charming. Honestly if boxing geeks from scunny are not every womans dream I begin to lose faith in the fairer sex.
Haha. Tell me about it. I should be fighting them off with a stick.

Actually, one was just a 'common-law' wife, but 2 kids to 2 women. I wouldn't change a thing. I definitely wouldn't change kicking out the last one, mental b**ch, even though she did have amazing t*ts.
STC
STC

Back to top Go down

Post by STC Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:27 am

T*ts aren't everything though, are they. Took me a while to figure that one out.
STC
STC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:30 am

STC wrote:T*ts aren't everything though, are they. Took me a while to figure that one out.
Are you asking us or telling us?

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:32 am

Personally I love juggs

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by STC Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:33 am

DAVE667 wrote:
STC wrote:T*ts aren't everything though, are they. Took me a while to figure that one out.
Are you asking us or telling us?
I couldn't decide, really. A bit of both.

I think you should look for more from a woman. Others may disagree.
STC
STC

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:35 am

STC wrote:I think you should look for more from a woman
Lots of money and stuff?

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by STC Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:39 am

Steffan wrote:
Lots of money and stuff?
Yes!
STC
STC

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:43 am

STC wrote:
Steffan wrote:
Lots of money and stuff?
Yes!
I agree. Funnily enough me and my latest girlfriend were gonna split as it wasnt working and I dont really like her that much anyway (she probably thinks the same about me as well). But she is going through a divorce at the moment and has just sold the marital home and cashed in the money so I suggested we give things another go for now Whistle 

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:45 am

Steffan wrote:
STC wrote:
Steffan wrote:
Lots of money and stuff?
Yes!
I agree. Funnily enough me and my latest girlfriend were gonna split as it wasnt working and I dont really like her that much anyway (she probably thinks the same about me as well). But she is going through a divorce at the moment and has just sold the marital home and cashed in the money so I suggested we give things another go for now Whistle 
Top man.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next