The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Haye v Fury - Evidence shows that Fury has a great chance !!

+30
88Chris05
PPVxHOTTY
KingMonkey
TRUSSMAN66
Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake
The Terror of Tylorstown
mobilemaster8
TopHat24/7
compelling and rich
bhb001
Rowley
SugarRayBray
Soldier_Of_Fortune
horizontalhero
mikeymax71
ShahenshahG
JabMachineMK2
Nico the gman
Lance
Strongback
tunes666
smashingstormcrow
OasisBFC
Lumbering_Jack
ONETWOFOREVER
owen10ozzy
captain carrantuohil
jimdig
AlexHuckerby
Boxtthis
34 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Haye v Fury - Evidence shows that Fury has a great chance !! - Page 2 Empty Haye v Fury - Evidence shows that Fury has a great chance !!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 1 Sep 2013 - 11:06

First topic message reminder :

Look at Haye's wins at heavy................Looked stunning against the 6ft Chisora.............Looked imposing beating the 6ft 5 inch Audley but then again mcguigan would have looked imposing against a non punching bottler too..........

However supersized heavyweights like Wlad and valuev Haye looked anything but...........In fact he hardly engaged with them both.......

How many punches did Valuev throw at Haye and he lost by a very slim margin.....Hardly any...He didn't need to because Haye didn't engage more than sporadically...why because he was intimidated by Valuev's size..........

The other big guy Wlad more of the same only worse...........Haye was intimidated and basically bottled it...............

Wlad is 6ft 8 and 255 +..........

Valuev a non threatening giant is even bigger..........

Those fights show Haye respects size and as Fury is 6ft 9 and 255 +...........Then facts dictate that Haye will be in awe again.........It's in his DNA..

We also know Haye doesn't take a shot too well either and that If Fury lands it's over !!!!

Haye also has 16 months ring rust to figure in too.........

People look to the Chisora demolition and Audley as reasons to dismiss Fury's challenge....BUT IT'S FOLLY because Haye wouldn't have cause to be intimidated by them.........and Haye is a bully..

Best to look at Valuev and Wlad as a true barometer of the fight........Fury will intimidate Haye his size alone dictates that.............Can he follow through ?????

Who knows but it's crazy to rule Fury out.........Haye has speed but he did against Valuev...........and he refused to let his hands go......

Fury has a great chance..Forget Chis and Audley those wins are irrelevant..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Haye v Fury - Evidence shows that Fury has a great chance !! - Page 2 Empty Re: Haye v Fury - Evidence shows that Fury has a great chance !!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 2 Sep 2013 - 10:06

The gym can't substitute for a real fight...........Tyson suffered against Bruno and douglas due to ring rust......

Fighters need to fight regularly.............Comparing this bottling  punk to Mayweather is a bit silly Mate........Mayweather is a one off..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Haye v Fury - Evidence shows that Fury has a great chance !! - Page 2 Empty Re: Haye v Fury - Evidence shows that Fury has a great chance !!

Post by Guest Mon 2 Sep 2013 - 10:08

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:16 months out..........and 33..........Some deterioration may have set in....for Haye..
When Fury caught Cunningham cheap shot or not.........He went down like he'd been shot..

Despite the time Haye's been out of the ring, Fury simply doesn't possess the skill to capitalise on any possible rung-rust. Haye's not suffering from battle fatigue either as the guy isn't involved in wars of attrition (as many have pointed out, apparently he's cowardly hit-and-run pot shot artist who refuses to engage).

If you think Fury's good enough or Haye's bad enough to allow himself to be trapped on the ropes and suckerpunched then I'll have a pint of what you're drinking (and one for my wife)

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 2 Sep 2013 - 10:09

He doesn't need any skill...........Wlad didn't have to do anything other than stick his left hand out...all night...

Valuev has less skill than Fury...........and he drew on one card.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 2 Sep 2013 - 10:10

Judging by the Instagram pick Haye but up recently he is definitely in shape! If anything he looked at risk of over-training!

No offence, but I think the premise of the OP, and the comparisons, are nonesense. Basically it's saying "look at Fury's physical attibutes and ignore absolutely everything else". Ignore that he has a dodgy chin, ignore that he's a lumbering oaf, ignore his propensity for a tear-up rather than boxing discipline, ignore HIS performance against smaller fighters (Chis and Cunn), and just imagine that he has 10% of Wlad's skill-set.

Think it'll be a better match-up than some have made out, but still don't give Fury more than 20% chance. For that he'd have to be ultra disciplined (like with Kingpin) and hope Haye struggles to reach him like he did Wlad.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 2 Sep 2013 - 10:11

I don't take offence at anything you say.........Because you just take the opposite opinion to me for the sake of it on everything....bless you..

Wlad's physical attributes were enough..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 2 Sep 2013 - 10:11

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:He doesn't need any skill...........Wlad didn't have to do anything other than stick his left hand out...all night...

For someone with as much boxing knowledge as you that is a truly absurd statement. I know you don't like the guy and fawn over 'golden eras' of black US heavies dominating the world but that is just gross under-selling which, if it came from someone less astute, would be plain ignorance.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 2 Sep 2013 - 10:15

Not absurd..........Akinwande didn't need to do anything against Welsh..........Marciano against Walcott 2........

Haye froze..........the jab was enough..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 2 Sep 2013 - 10:18

Yeh, ok, we like ignoring stuff don't we?

So let's ignore Wlad's foot movement, let's ingnore his athleticism to get out of range.

Can see how Fury having a hope in hell is arrived at now. Just keep ignoring everything that doesn't help your argument stack up and, Haye presto, Fury suddenly looks a world-beater.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 2 Sep 2013 - 10:19

I don't particularly want to get into an argument with you Mate..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 2 Sep 2013 - 10:23

That's ok, no need for an argument. Your position is clear, as is mine, and given the likes of the Captain think the same I'm none to bothered.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 2 Sep 2013 - 10:28

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:I don't particularly want to get into an argument with you Mate..
Probably best not to be argumentative then.

The guy's asking why you seem to be ignoring all Wlad's other skills that he utilised to nullify Haye? Far too simplictic an argument to say Fury just needs to stick his jab out. Next you'll be suggesting that he just puts a glove on Haye's head and watches him windmill his arms is a desperate effort to reach his body like they do in the cartoons.

I know you don't like Haye but I think you're reaching if you think that Fury's size alone is enough to beat him. Fury will have to produce something pretty bloody special and I'm afraid there's been nothing to suggest he has it in his arsenal or that he can learn it in a few weeks. As you like to say, when the going gets tough, fighters revert to type and once Fury does that, it's game over.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 2 Sep 2013 - 10:33

TopHat24/7 wrote:That's ok, no need for an argument.  Your position is clear, as is mine, and given the likes of the Captain think the same I'm none to bothered.
The Captain is always right ??.......Any subject the Captain posts on then there is no need for you to comment Toppy......Which will save the rest of us a lot of time going through your spew..

I have my own mind and opinions though.....and I'm proud of it..........

I don't argue with you Dave...I'm above that...

Arguing is reserved for more formidable minds..

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Mon 2 Sep 2013 - 10:34; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 2 Sep 2013 - 10:41

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:That's ok, no need for an argument.  Your position is clear, as is mine, and given the likes of the Captain think the same I'm none to bothered.
The Captain is always right ??.......Any subject the Captain posts on then there is no need for you to comment Toppy......Which will save the rest of us a lot of time going through your spew..

Probably best you don't indulge as you clearly don't possess one kiss 
Nothing wrong with having your opinions but most of us have pointed out Fury's many other flaws as a reason why his size won't be enough and you still persist with banging that drum whilst ignoring other seeming sound, reasonable arguments. Watching the chump goofing around and mugging off for the cameras doeesn't make him an intimidating prospect..at least not in my book/pamphlet.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 2 Sep 2013 - 10:42

DAVE667 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

Nothing wrong with having your opinions but most of us have pointed out Fury's many other flaws as a reason why his size won't be enough and you still persist with banging that drum whilst ignoring other seeming sound, reasonable arguments. Watching the chump goofing around and mugging off for the cameras doeesn't make him an intimidating prospect..at least not in my book/pamphlet.
All very interesting but not really anything do with my Fury-Haye analysis..........

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Mon 2 Sep 2013 - 10:43; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 2 Sep 2013 - 10:47

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

All very interesting but not really  anything do with my Fury-Haye analysis..........
Really? You claim Haye will be intimidated by Fury's size and suggest that it's simply a matter of stickk a jab out a la Wlad without appreciating that Fury simply isn't that good or that intimidating.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 2 Sep 2013 - 10:49

He will be intimidated....Valuev and Wlad intimidated him.........

Size does intimidate..........Carnera....Jeffries all intimidated their opponents......

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 2 Sep 2013 - 10:51

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

All very interesting but not really  anything do with my Fury-Haye analysis..........
How is it not? It is an accurate description of the flaws in your 'analysis'.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Mon 2 Sep 2013 - 10:53

I don't care if fury is tall and fat, he is utter garbage and has no real ability at all.

This will be a major factor in hate NOT being intimidated.

Wlad had been at the top for years and was demolishing everyone of a decent level when Haye fought him.

Valuev had beaten some okay names (dodgy decisions mainly) and was over 7ft tall and was in his own backyard.

Fury is big but is absolute Poopie with no credibility and has fought a fat chisora and he struggled with that.

Haye will not be intimidate by him and will utterly destroy him with on punch in the 2nd or 3rd round.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxtthis Mon 2 Sep 2013 - 11:11

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:He doesn't need any skill...........Wlad didn't have to do anything other than stick his left hand out...all night....
A ridiculous statement. Totally undermines Klitschko's skillset. You think just by being big that Fury can do the same as Wlad did to Haye? Other big HWs try to keep their opponents on the end of their jab, but only Wlad consistently makes it work. You can't just superimpose Wlad's skillset on to Fury because they're both big.

The point that Fury's size may intimidate Haye and make him fight scared was a fair one. Every other point you've made here has been a bit silly.

Boxtthis

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 2 Sep 2013 - 11:13

Boxtthis wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:He doesn't need any skill...........Wlad didn't have to do anything other than stick his left hand out...all night....
A ridiculous statement. Totally undermines Klitschko's skillset. You think just by being big that Fury can do the same as Wlad did to Haye? Other big HWs try to keep their opponents on the end of their jab, but only Wlad consistently makes it work. You can't just superimpose Wlad's skillset on to Fury because they're both big.

The point that Fury's size may intimidate Haye and make him fight scared was a fair one. Every other point you've made here has been a bit silly.
Klitscho's reach and his jab are his skillset.....He's not ray Leonard.........

Brewster and sanders showed that....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by The Terror of Tylorstown Mon 2 Sep 2013 - 11:18

Fury doesn't stand a hope in hell of winning, all he has is size combined with no ability, two round blow out coming up.

The Terror of Tylorstown

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Mon 2 Sep 2013 - 11:33

It won't be over in two rounds that's for sure.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 2 Sep 2013 - 11:34

All i have to say is Truss at the end of the month after Haye sparks him, I'm bringing this up again and again.

Then maybe you can try retell us that Sven Ottke is a great or something.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 2 Sep 2013 - 11:35

He is great on paper........Which is what I alluded to ........before some wallies took me out of context...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 2 Sep 2013 - 11:40

https://www.606v2.com/t16704-like-it-or-not-sven-ottke-is-great?highlight=sven+ottke

Reread it, you make yourself sound like a serious numpty....

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 2 Sep 2013 - 13:20

His record suggests he's great............

I'd bring up some of your threads If I could remember any of them..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake Mon 2 Sep 2013 - 13:36

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:He will be intimidated....Valuev and Wlad intimidated him.........

Valuev was 330lbs and 7 foot tall. I can't think of too many people on the planet that wouldn't be intimidated by that, even if they were skilled fighters. Only an idiot would go for a toe to toe war with someone of that size. What's the old adage, hit and don't get hit? Pretty much summed up Haye's approach to that fight.

Toe-gate aside, once Haye got in the ring with Wlad I reckon he quickly realised he was out of his depth. My opinion is he operated a damage limitation approach to the fight and wanted to last the twelve rounds rather than suffer the shame of a KO.

However, Fury is about 70lbs lighter and a couple of inches shorter than Valuev so his size should be much less initimidating than Valuev. Plus he's nowhere near the standard of Wlad.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 2 Sep 2013 - 13:47

Fury is the same size as Wlad...Or bigger..........

Haye didn't engage with him either..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 2 Sep 2013 - 13:56

Cunningham is the same size as Haye and Fury engaged with him - and ended up on his backside.

What does that say about Fury's ability to take on smaller faster fighters??

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 2 Sep 2013 - 13:57

Cunningham wasn't intimidated by Fury's size....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by The Terror of Tylorstown Mon 2 Sep 2013 - 13:59

You seem to have difficulty comprehending that it wasn't just Wlads size that got to Haye but his overall ability and punching power of which Fury has neither. Haye isn't going to be overly worried by Furys jab or power because they're poor, nor does he have the chin or stamina of Chisora to make things a bit sticky at times. In short he's a useless big oaf who wont worry Haye in the slightest.

The Terror of Tylorstown

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 2 Sep 2013 - 14:01

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Cunningham wasn't intimidated by Fury's size....
That still doesn't answer the question though, does it? That's just more ignoring to try preserve your argument.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 2 Sep 2013 - 14:04

The Terror of Tylorstown wrote:You seem to have difficulty comprehending that it wasn't just Wlads size that got to Haye but his overall ability and punching power of which Fury has neither. Haye isn't going to be overly worried by Furys jab or power because they're poor, nor does he have the chin or stamina of Chisora to make things a bit sticky at times. In short he's a useless big oaf who wont worry Haye in the slightest.
Stop patronising everybody you debate with......That muppet Ghosty had a habit of doing the same.....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 2 Sep 2013 - 14:05

TopHat24/7 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Cunningham wasn't intimidated by Fury's size....
That still doesn't answer the question though, does it? That's just more ignoring to try preserve your argument.
Then again I'd rather have Ghosty patronising me..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 2 Sep 2013 - 14:10

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
The Terror of Tylorstown wrote:You seem to have difficulty comprehending that it wasn't just Wlads size that got to Haye but his overall ability and punching power of which Fury has neither. Haye isn't going to be overly worried by Furys jab or power because they're poor, nor does he have the chin or stamina of Chisora to make things a bit sticky at times. In short he's a useless big oaf who wont worry Haye in the slightest.
Stop patronising everybody you debate with......That muppet Ghosty had a habit of doing the same.....
Ironic comment....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 2 Sep 2013 - 14:12

I argue...I don't patronise...........

Ghosty has a contempt for anyone who disagrees with him..........Me I fight my corner...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxtthis Mon 2 Sep 2013 - 15:58

Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:He will be intimidated....Valuev and Wlad intimidated him.........

Fury is about 70lbs lighter and a couple of inches shorter than Valuev so his size should be much less initimidating than Valuev. Plus he's nowhere near the standard of Wlad.

Seemingly Truss thinks this is irrelevant. Apparently Wlad beat Haye on size alone and has no skill. Let me get this right: Fury = big therefore Haye will fight in a similar way to the Wlad fight. Simple.

Probably best to admit defeat on this one.

Boxtthis

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 2 Sep 2013 - 16:01

TRUSSMAN...more like CUSTERMAN!

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Mon 2 Sep 2013 - 16:11

[quote="TRUSSMAN66"]I argue...I don't patronise...........

quote]

laughing Wait, he's seriously believes this. Shocked 

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Mon 2 Sep 2013 - 16:14

Wlad is the best heavyweight in the world. If anything intimidated Haye it was his ability and not his size. He also has a ramrod of a jab and a bazooka of a right, but of course it wasn't those that worried Haye, no it was the fact Wlad is a big bloke.

That must mean that because Fury is bigger and has none of the skills Wlad does, that Haye would be intimidated? No. Truss - it was a silly argument.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Mon 2 Sep 2013 - 16:18

Harrison was/is big. Didn't bother Haye one jot. Valuev wasn't just big, he was gigantic and Haye couldn't fight any other way than how he did. Fury is somewhere in the middle of course but I see this ending as it did for Audley.

Wlad got to Haye big time in the build up. That 50th KO was something that Haye just didn't want to be at any cost. Wlad's footwork is underrated too, he cuts off the ring superbly, something Fury has almost no idea how to do naturally.

KO inside 5.

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 2 Sep 2013 - 18:23

Harrison backed off exclusively...You can do better than that..

and was five inches and thirty pounds smaller than Fury..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by The Terror of Tylorstown Mon 2 Sep 2013 - 18:29

Harrison is the same weight as Fury and is only 3 inches shorter.

The Terror of Tylorstown

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 2 Sep 2013 - 18:34

3 inches is a lot..........236 against Wilder...........

Fury 254.........

I imagine he won't look like a scared chicken and may even throw a punch too unlike Audley.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by The Terror of Tylorstown Mon 2 Sep 2013 - 18:38

253lbs against Haye.

The Terror of Tylorstown

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 2 Sep 2013 - 18:41

Probably why Haye was so confident............In fairness Fury is unbeaten........Wlad was class and Valuev was wba champ........

Most feathers wouldn't be intimidated by Audley.......

Anyway I'm off to the gym so I can continue to look good and be a trophy husband for my Wife...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by PPVxHOTTY Mon 2 Sep 2013 - 20:43

Its funny how people use Cunningham 'put Fury down, so Haye will' statement, yet don't realise Fury got up and used his size to his advantage along with some dirty tactics and got the job done. To add to this lets not forget this is the same Cunningham that Haye ducked at cruiser. Anybody can be knocked down its what happens next that is important, and Fury like he done before got up and won. I agree with Truss that Haye will struggle with Fury's size, getting the win will be down to 'how Fury utilizes his size/physical advantages.

PPVxHOTTY

Back to top Go down

Post by Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake Mon 2 Sep 2013 - 21:02

be a trophy husband for my Wife...

I guess you could class the wooden spoon as a trophy... Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by The Terror of Tylorstown Mon 2 Sep 2013 - 21:35

PPVxHOTTY wrote:Its funny how people use Cunningham 'put Fury down, so Haye will' statement, yet don't realise Fury got up and used his size to his advantage along with some dirty tactics and got the job done. To add to this lets not forget this is the same Cunningham that Haye ducked at cruiser. Anybody can be knocked down its what happens next that is important, and Fury like he done before got up and won. I agree with Truss that Haye will struggle with Fury's size, getting the win will be down to 'how Fury utilizes his size/physical advantages.  
Haye ducked him when was that?

The point is that Cunningham was an average cruiserweight with no punch so it figures that Haye with far more ability and power closes the show if he lands the same punch.

The Terror of Tylorstown

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Mon 2 Sep 2013 - 21:44

PPVxHOTTY wrote:Its funny how people use Cunningham 'put Fury down, so Haye will' statement, yet don't realise Fury got up and used his size to his advantage along with some dirty tactics and got the job done. To add to this lets not forget this is the same Cunningham that Haye ducked at cruiser. Anybody can be knocked down its what happens next that is important, and Fury like he done before got up and won. I agree with Truss that Haye will struggle with Fury's size, getting the win will be down to 'how Fury utilizes his size/physical advantages.  
Fury decked by Cunningham a fighter with a 38% KO record, put down by Pajkic a fighter with only 5 KO's on his record, and rocked by a fat out of shape Chisora who also isn't a big puncher, so its not one isolated knockdown as to why people think Haye will KO Fury.
Never heard that one Haye ducking Cunningham, wouldn't have thought Haye have any need too.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next