The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The "Whose fault is it that Fedal never met in Ney York?" thread

+6
socal1976
Cav
hawkeye
lags72
TRuffin
kingraf
10 posters

Go down

The "Whose fault is it that Fedal never met in Ney York?" thread Empty The "Whose fault is it that Fedal never met in Ney York?" thread

Post by kingraf Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:39 pm

Roger Federer and Rafa Nadal have turned into bosom buddies as their rivalry has matured, they have taken private jet trips together, and developed a lot of common interests. Matching Mercedes', A shared belief that Federer is GOAT. They both gave become the leading kings of parties on tour - Federer Mr. weekday Champaigne parties, Nadal Mr. Bacardi... Both have become the face of chronograph masterpieces... Really, it wouldnt suprise me if they have a man cave in a remote island somewhere where they play table tennis and discuss how great Federer is. But, one thing they cant agree on is who is to blame for Fedal never taking their show to the concrete jungle. Federer has said before that when he was making all those finals, Nadal wasnt there, while Nadal has pointed out that they have been one point away twice, and one match away once. Is Federer to blame for not being able to take an aggregate of four match points, or is Nadal to blame for not even being in a situation where he had match points to take?
Discuss
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

The "Whose fault is it that Fedal never met in Ney York?" thread Empty Re: The "Whose fault is it that Fedal never met in Ney York?" thread

Post by Guest Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:48 pm

Neither are to blame. Nor are their opponents. Fault implies that something or someone has done something wrong. Everytime they havent met 2 worthy people of meeting have played on virtue of beating whats in front of them

Back to top Go down

The "Whose fault is it that Fedal never met in Ney York?" thread Empty Re: The "Whose fault is it that Fedal never met in Ney York?" thread

Post by TRuffin Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:33 pm

Falzy is right....

the other factor is simply age or generational...  Federer one of the most dominant US Open players ever was there year after year, but Nadal wasn't yet quite good enough on the surface to meet him in the finals...   Then once Nadal got to the point that he does make some finals- Federer had aged and wasn't/isn't quite good enough to meet Nadal in the finals. Going forward that will certainly be the case.

Last edited by TRuffin on Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

TRuffin

Back to top Go down

Post by lags72 Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:44 pm

I think falzy has nailed this one.

There are obviously reasons why they have never met at the USO, but none of those reasons can be characterised as blame or 'fault'

Oh sure it's fun to speculate, but also perhaps all too easy for ordinary mortals such as ourselves to forget just how much is going on in the lives of high achievers like Nadal and Federer - these sort of very special types are so driven and busy doing stuff that they spend far less time than joe bloggs obsessing and analysing as to what might have been.

Federer is either meeting with sponsors, training, practising, playing, looking after the kids and all manner of other stuff. Likewise Rafa, albeit no kids as yet. But fully occupied, I have little doubt.

lags72

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:01 pm

Um... it was Nadal's fault... um no it was Federer's fault... ? Oh I don't know...

Like most things relating to the rivalry of these two great players there can be valid arguments from both sides. That's why not only are the two of the best players of all times they are the most discussed.

One thing I have to say I am quite happy about is that they didn't meet on Wednesday...

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by Cav Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:25 pm

Some very good and measured comments on this.  Nice to read these common sense points and regardless that they've never met at this Slam, kudos to both Federer and Nadal for what they've brought anyhow.  thumbsup

Cav

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:27 pm

I think it was the global conspiracy of Uncle Toni, the USTA, and the freemasons. Also Nadal just was not good enough on a hard court to reach a US open final till 2010 when Fed was passed it. Nadal started to play this level of hardcourt tennis in early 09 at the AO but then got hurt till 2010. In 2010-2013 he became lethal on a hardcourt and good enough to reach the finals and win the preeminent hardcourt tournament in the world by then Fed was not good enough to reach the final.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:28 pm

True, Cav. Nice to see no one jumped the gun, and rather took this thread in the spirit it was meant.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:30 pm

freemasons are so 2000, SoCal. Everyone knows the Illuminati are the kings of conspiracy now.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Henman Bill Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:32 pm

falzy21 wrote:Neither are to blame. Nor are their opponents. Fault implies that something or someone has done something wrong. Everytime they havent met 2 worthy people of meeting have played on virtue of beating whats in front of them
Sorry this is all wrong, this thread was looking for a frivolous answer, not a rational and correct one.

The correct answer is that Rafa was at fault until 2010, and Roger was at fault from 2011.

Did Roger have match points twice that were Rafa final points on both occassions..2010 and 2011?

Henman Bill

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:33 pm

Well I am glad they didn´t meet .. Roger´s exit from the tournament was not one which he would wish to remember and Im glad it wasn´t at Rafa´s hands, so neither will have to remember it for all the wrong reasons. So I hope they will live, like us, with more pleasant memories of their past meetings

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:59 pm

Sorry henman, it was the draws fault... should have rigged it better so they met in the first round

Back to top Go down

Post by banbrotam Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:14 pm

Actually it was the fault of Murray (2008) and Djoko (2010/11). Those pesky youngsters have always had a tendency to not understand the agenda Laugh

banbrotam

Back to top Go down

Post by banbrotam Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:15 pm

falzy21 wrote:Sorry henman, it was the draws fault... should have rigged it better so they met in the first round
The way Roger's going, it might happen next year Run

banbrotam

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:47 am

Henman Bill wrote:Did Roger have match points twice that were Rafa final points on both occassions..2010 and 2011?
Yep, two match points each year.  The 2011 ones cost Rafa the title.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by Henman Bill Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:45 pm

Roger has to shoulder some of the blame then, with four Fedal final points squandered as well as losing to Robredo. So a point away in two years and a match away in at least five years (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013), a lot of it it just chance then.

I think we could have had a close match in any of those years, except perhaps this year.

Henman Bill

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down