The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread IV

+26
Otagolad
The Mangler US_UK
Norfolkinchance
TM Moot
cabowers
Lowlandbrit
twelve283
QuarterbackSneak
Colan (niner)
cherriesfna
Pr4wn
sodhat
mikeygnfl
Take it to the house
adams_legend
Number-25
Breadvan
Bull
crazy_dave23
BamBam
Thomond
NYJ
skins4ever
Good Golly I'm Olly
CFCNick
GSC
30 posters

Page 9 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next

Go down

Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread IV - Page 9 Empty Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread IV

Post by GSC Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:21 pm

First topic message reminder :

PFFs team of week 1 if anyone cares

QB: Carson Palmer
RB: LeSean McCoy
FB: Colin Mooney
TE: Julius Thomas
WR: Anquan Boldin, Danny Amendola
T: Brandon Albert, Austin Howard
G: Evan Mathis, Marshal Yanda
C; Jason Kelce

DL: JJ Watt, Jurell Casey, Gerald McCoy
Edge Rushers: Robert Quinn, Cam Wake
ILB: Derrick Johnson, DeAndre Levy
CB: Chris Harris, Cary Williams
S: Eric Berry, Ryan Mundy
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread IV - Page 9 Empty Re: Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread IV

Post by mikeygnfl Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:22 pm

I see the Chargers vs Raiders game has been put back to 11.35 EST/ 4.35am BST and will be shown on the NFL Network.
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread IV - Page 9 Empty Re: Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread IV

Post by GSC Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:23 pm

Vick is a stopgap. Foles will never be the guy. Thought that was fairly obvious if I'm honest.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:13 pm

Rumours going around that this injury might be the end for Big Vince, making it all the more inevitable we draft a DT round 1 next draft.

Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:08 pm

Jay Glazer reporting that Josh Freeman was told to not attend a team meeting, possibly to make teammates think he was skipping it.

Bucs doing a good job at trumping the Jets circus from last year
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:05 am

Munroe traded from the Jags to the Ravens, makes sense all round
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:27 am

Whatever it takes to justify spending 120m on Joe Flacco
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:32 am

Wait, the Ravens pay Flacco?

I thought the Bills did. There was no other way to explain all the completions to their players.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:38 am

Monroe wasn't coming back next season so good deal for the jags
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:40 am

2 mid round picks is a very good deal for the Ravens, Monroe has always looked good even on the Jags!

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:03 am

Yeah good deal all round, good player but jags get something for him in a contract year and already have his replacement lined up.

Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Number-25 Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:54 pm

Anyone read the suck up article on NFL.com about Ozzie Newsome and how much of a genius he is cos he made this trade? Completely ignores the fact that he mismanaged the roster to the point where they had to gut it this year due to salary cap hell and made it worse by handing a massive contract to a QB the whole world knows isn't worth it. Monroe is good but bringing him in is an admission that the Michael Oher pick wasn't that great cos he can't play LT and he's hardly fleeced the Jags cos they already have a replacement for Monroe in the building and weren't going to want to tie up much needed cash in a new contract for Monroe. Bugs me how these "journalists" write these lazy articles about their favourite guys.

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:57 pm

Bill Williamson ‏@BWilliamsonESPN
#49ers Donte is serious. He just said he is legally changing name from Whitner to Hitner. Paperwork has been filed.

Oh dear lord
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Number-25 Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:07 pm

Olly wrote:Bill Williamson ‏@BWilliamsonESPN
#49ers Donte is serious. He just said he is legally changing name from Whitner to Hitner. Paperwork has been filed.

Oh dear lord
Yikes That's just one letter away away from being something altogether very different and with dreadful historical connotations. Commentators are going to have to be very careful that they make sure they emphasise the "n" in the middle of that.

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by NYJ Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:24 pm

Number-25 wrote:Anyone read the suck up article on NFL.com about Ozzie Newsome and how much of a genius he is cos he made this trade? Completely ignores the fact that he mismanaged the roster to the point where they had to gut it this year due to salary cap hell and made it worse by handing a massive contract to a QB the whole world knows isn't worth it. Monroe is good but bringing him in is an admission that the Michael Oher pick wasn't that great cos he can't play LT and he's hardly fleeced the Jags cos they already have a replacement for Monroe in the building and weren't going to want to tie up much needed cash in Monroea new contract for Monroe. Bugs me how these "journalists" write these lazy articles about their favourite guys.
They won the Super Bowl last season. They had aging players that weren't going to get any better (Ed Reed, Ray Lewis and Anquan Boldin) so had to have a refresh of the roster at some point. What better time to do it than when the team and fans are still riding high on a World Champion wave. They have key franchise players in place throughout the spine of the team. Joe Flacco, Ray Rice, Torrey Smith, Haloti Ngata, Terrell Suggs and Ladarius Webb are all elite players (say what you want about Flacco but he won his team a Super Bowl and Torrey Smith has stepped it up this season). They also have a lot of promising youngsters still developing like Bernard Pierce, Marlon Brown, Courtney Upshaw, Arthur Brown and Matt Elam. The Ravens have a quietly decent roster that was put together by Newsome. They will always be post season relevant, if not Super Bowl contenders.

Yes, Flacco isn't worth £120m, but his hand was forced and if Flacco was able to recreate his 2012 play off performances in the regular season, nobody would bat an eyelid about it.
NYJ
NYJ

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:31 pm

Torrey Smith elite is pushing it.

I hate the watering down of the elite QB tag. Peyton, Rodgers, Brady and maybe Brees are elite. Nobody else is on their level
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:33 pm

He never said Smith was elite.

Brees is certainly elite.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by NYJ Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:34 pm

GSC wrote:Torrey Smith elite is pushing it.

I hate the watering down of the elite QB tag. Peyton, Rodgers, Brady and maybe Brees are elite. Nobody else is on their level
I had no other word to quantify those two. However, Smith has shown in these first 4 weeks that he isn't just a one route receiver and is a number 1 receiver.
NYJ
NYJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:42 pm

Number-25 wrote:

Oh dear lord
Yikes That's just one letter away away from being something altogether very different and with dreadful historical connotations. Commentators are going to have to be very careful that they make sure they emphasise the "n" in the middle of that.
"And Hitner giving out hand signals, oh wait that's not an audible..."
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:09 am

Olly wrote:
Number-25 wrote:

Oh dear lord
"And Hitner giving out hand signals, oh wait that's not an audible..."
Ooh, he went there.... censored 

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:40 am

Matt Flynn falls behind UDFA Matt McGloin on the Raiders QB depth chart.

£6m a year picard 

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Number-25 Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:09 am

Pr4wn wrote:He never said Smith was elite.

Brees is certainly elite.
In fairness Pr4wn, he did put Smith in his list of Ravens players that he reckoned were elite. I'm with GSC on both counts here - I don't think Smith is elite and i don't like the watering down of the elite QB tag. The 4 QBs that GSC mentioned are the elite QBs. This drive to anoint every QB who plays on a Superbowl winning team as elite and to reward them with a massive contract drives me mental.

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Number-25 Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:21 am

sodhat wrote:Matt Flynn falls behind UDFA Matt McGloin on the Raiders QB depth chart.

£6m a year picard 
Hmmmm, not good news for anyone that. Devastating for Flynn and it means one of the highest paid players in Oakland is their 3rd string QB. Maybe they're just trying to send a message to the rest of the league that he had no future there and they're open to trade offers? Who'd wanna make that deal now though???

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:42 am

interesting

though if whitner would remove a letter from his name it would be the T, in order to have a true refelction on the 49ers Fanbase and their coach
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by Number-25 Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:19 pm

cherriesfna wrote:interesting

though if whitner would remove a letter from his name it would be the T, in order to have a true refelction on the 49ers Fanbase and their coach
Laugh Ouch!

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:22 pm

And so ends the era of Freeman
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Number-25 Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:22 pm

Inevitable ending to the this year's sorriest NFL soap opera.

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:23 pm

Whatever you think of the way Schiano has treated Freeman, it doesnt make Freeman a good QB.

He needs to go sit behind a vet QB and learn from a good QB coach. KC would be a good spot.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by NYJ Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:33 pm

Number-25 wrote:In fairness Pr4wn, he did put Smith in his list of Ravens players that he reckoned were elite. I'm with GSC on both counts here - I don't think Smith is elite and i don't like the watering down of the elite QB tag. The 4 QBs that GSC mentioned are the elite QBs. This drive to anoint every QB who plays on a Superbowl winning team as elite and to reward them with a massive contract drives me mental.
NYJ wrote:I had no other word to quantify those two. However, Smith has shown in these first 4 weeks that he isn't just a one route receiver and is a number 1 receiver.
Flacco isn't a top tier QB. But what do you do as a GM when he wins the Super Bowl with a postseason performance like that? Do you hold firm to your valuation and let him go? Some desperate team would pay him that money because he has shown that he can win the Super Bowl. Newsome made a bet with Flacco and Flacco won.
NYJ
NYJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:02 pm

GSC wrote:Whatever you think of the way Schiano has treated Freeman, it doesnt make Freeman a good QB.

He needs to go sit behind a vet QB and learn from a good QB coach. KC would be a good spot.
He wouldn't be a bad pickup for someone like Green Bay or the 49ers imo.

Freeman's got the potential to be decent for me, just needs to refind himself.

Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:07 pm

Green Bay is probably waiting for the inevitable release of Flynn
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:30 pm

Wilfork placed on IR, Austin Collie signed, and STUDFELD RELEASED NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Sad
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:51 pm

Although this could mean GRONK IS BACK THIS WEEK zen 
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:11 pm

Or that Sudfeld is terrible
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:12 pm

He's certainly no Michael Hoomanawanui
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:20 am

GSC wrote:Green Bay is probably waiting for the inevitable release of Flynn
If Freeman goes to the Raiders, then likely Flynn goes back to the Pack, but word is Freeman could end up at the Pack. Makes more sense as he's mobile and would learn far better under McCarthy and with Rodgers to mentor him.

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeygnfl Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:48 am

Brian Hoyer goes out of the game injured in the Browns first drive and Brandon Weeden comes in. The Browns just can't get a break!
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:03 am

Kiko Alonso is a beast
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:20 am

Jon Beason being traded to the Giants from Carolina. That would have been a good trade for New York about 3 years ago, he's been pants for a little while now
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:32 am

skins4ever wrote:
If Freeman goes to the Raiders, then likely Flynn goes back to the Pack, but word is Freeman could end up at the Pack. Makes more sense as he's mobile and would learn far better under McCarthy and with Rodgers to mentor him.
We don't need another back up QB, we already have three and another on the practice squad!

Plus I prefer to see how Pryor handles a season. I'm really pulling for him to stake his claim this year.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:14 am

The Giants traded for a LB who was beaten out by a LB they didn't want
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:05 pm

Was about to post exactly the same thing GSC, seems completely bizarre!

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:26 pm

Olly wrote:Jon Beason being traded to the Giants from Carolina. That would have been a good trade for New York about 3 years ago, he's been pants for a little while now
After Willis, Beason was second best LB circa 2010 according to everyone, ashame he's had such bad time with injuries, shows how big any achilles injury is

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeygnfl Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:31 pm

Hoyer could have torn ACL so we maybe back to the Weeden era in Cleveland.

Kiko Alonso is looking good so far and along with EJ Manuel (also went out of last night's game injured) and Robert Woods looks like a pretty solid first three draft picks.
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:27 pm

In a tale of the backups, Weeden did OK. No screw ups and a win under his belt. Tuel looks like he needs a lot of development.

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:47 pm

Beason was very good but he's a shadow of that now
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:19 pm

Jeff Howe ‏@jeffphowe
The Jets have claimed Zach Sudfeld, per source.

Studfeld Sad
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:24 pm

Now Ridley is out injured for the Bengals game.

We'll have to bring back Tebow at this rate
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:40 pm

This would make me happy Smile

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by NYJ Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:08 pm

Worth a shot to see what Sudfeld can offer. We certainly need someone to step up and become a presence from the TE position. Winslow is great but he is only a short term option, injury prone and isn't as mobile as he once was.
NYJ
NYJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:23 pm

Well in pre-season he was a beast.

In the proper season Mike Mulligan has been more effective.

I personally still think he has potential, but a lot of Pats fans think he's crap
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next