The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread IV

+26
Otagolad
The Mangler US_UK
Norfolkinchance
TM Moot
cabowers
Lowlandbrit
twelve283
QuarterbackSneak
Colan (niner)
cherriesfna
Pr4wn
sodhat
mikeygnfl
Take it to the house
adams_legend
Number-25
Breadvan
Bull
crazy_dave23
BamBam
Thomond
NYJ
skins4ever
Good Golly I'm Olly
CFCNick
GSC
30 posters

Page 15 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next

Go down

Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread IV - Page 15 Empty Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread IV

Post by GSC Fri 13 Sep 2013, 4:21 pm

First topic message reminder :

PFFs team of week 1 if anyone cares

QB: Carson Palmer
RB: LeSean McCoy
FB: Colin Mooney
TE: Julius Thomas
WR: Anquan Boldin, Danny Amendola
T: Brandon Albert, Austin Howard
G: Evan Mathis, Marshal Yanda
C; Jason Kelce

DL: JJ Watt, Jurell Casey, Gerald McCoy
Edge Rushers: Robert Quinn, Cam Wake
ILB: Derrick Johnson, DeAndre Levy
CB: Chris Harris, Cary Williams
S: Eric Berry, Ryan Mundy
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread IV - Page 15 Empty Re: Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread IV

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 14 Oct 2013, 12:38 am

TOM Frak BRADY
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread IV - Page 15 Empty Re: Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread IV

Post by BamBam Mon 14 Oct 2013, 12:39 am

Frak indeed. Bloody amazing

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Take it to the house Mon 14 Oct 2013, 12:41 am

Such a beautiful throw

Take it to the house

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 14 Oct 2013, 12:47 am

I just don't quite understand how we are 5-1, but we are! We just win!!

I want Tom Brady to have my babies
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 14 Oct 2013, 1:03 am

Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread IV - Page 15 815021264

He gotta be mad at Peyton/Brees. How did they not close that game out!

How am I meant to sleep now!!!
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Mon 14 Oct 2013, 11:17 am

really dissapointed by seattle last night

yes we won, but we turned what should have been a simple win into something we have to sweat over, looking back on it as winner sall i can do is laugh at that maragos fumble but jesus it was bad
Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread IV - Page 15 Seahawks-FG-Fumble
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 14 Oct 2013, 12:15 pm

After watching the game last night, I can't be the only one thinking in the long run it'd be better for the Skins to let RG3 have a couple of games off to get properly better.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Mon 14 Oct 2013, 1:06 pm

Olly wrote:After watching the game last night, I can't be the only one thinking in the long run it'd be better for the Skins to let RG3 have a couple of games off to get properly better.
they have no hopes of the play-offs.

without RG3s legs they have been horribly exposed and a team and RG3 as a player,

Without griffins legs teams and shut him down and watching him last year he looked to take off whenever leaving defenders having to guard against that and leaving recievers open, this year it aint happening and its showing,
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 14 Oct 2013, 5:24 pm

http://thebiglead.com/2013/10/14/scott-zolaks-radio-call-after-tom-brady-beat-the-saints-unicorns-show-ponies-wheres-the-beef/#sthash.AKF78XhG.uxfs

"Unicorns, show ponies, where's the beef" - These are all words I shall now use when my sporting teams score points
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever Mon 14 Oct 2013, 6:33 pm

cherriesfna wrote:
Olly wrote:After watching the game last night, I can't be the only one thinking in the long run it'd be better for the Skins to let RG3 have a couple of games off to get properly better.
they have no hopes of the play-offs.

without RG3s legs they have been horribly exposed and a team and RG3 as a player,

Without griffins legs teams and shut him down and watching him last year he looked to take off whenever leaving defenders having to guard against that and leaving recievers open, this year it aint happening and its showing,
The Skins problems start and end with the cap penalty. RGIII is not playing any worse than half the QB's in the league and a whole lot better than some (Schaub, Ponder or Gabbert anyone?). The issue is the D cannot get off the field and allow the O to get a rhythm on the field. The reason the D cannot get off the field is we haven't been able to replace lower tier players in the secondary and DL (and maybe a better ILB would help). Hall is barely a #1 CB, Wilson is on the decline and no other team would start Doughty and Merriweather. Our DL cannot get penetration so Rak and Kerrigan are getting dedicated blockers and stifling our pass rush. If we could shut down receivers, then at least we'd give the DL time to get to the QB. Also OL and RB blocking is above average at best. We missed key blocks on a number of crucial plays last night that were the difference between keeping the Pokes O off the field and putting long scoring drives together. Being able to bring in 1 or 2 top FA OL would be a difference maker. A quality burner like Wallace would also be a difference maker.

Skins need to cut the aging downward trenders (sorry much as I like Moss, Fletcher and Hall, they have to be out the door or demoted to 2nd string), next year, and bring in good young players via the draft and FA once the cap hit is lifted. I reckon next year or the year after (assuming next year is a 'rebuilding' year) this will be a much better team. We got the best out of an aging bunch last year, and now they are showing their age.

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 14 Oct 2013, 6:56 pm

I think there's definitely rust on RG3, but benching him won't solve that. 1 offensive first half TD this season tells its own story, the Skins aren't getting it done in competitive games, an they don't have the defense to compensate.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 14 Oct 2013, 8:25 pm

I'm not saying bench him, but to me he doesn't look properly healthy yet, and with the season all but over, I don't see why you would stop him from getting back to 100% for next year
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 14 Oct 2013, 8:28 pm

Because the issues are more than physical. He needs game time
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 15 Oct 2013, 8:22 am

That was a pretty awful game from Pagano and the Colts offensive co-ordinator. Dreadfully conservative play calling all night, you've got the best young QB in the game, let him do his thing.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever Tue 15 Oct 2013, 2:08 pm

GSC wrote:Because the issues are more than physical. He needs game time
What he says. Some of his runs were almost back to last years level. Its his missing open receivers, picks and fumbles that bother me. No preseason is showing still. 2-3 more games under his belt (with maybe the pressure off now we are 3 games back) should see him getting back to last years form. Sitting on the bench now won't help him, particularly his confidence.

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Tue 15 Oct 2013, 2:16 pm

With the lack of draft picks, injury to RG3, lack of cap space and general aging of the team it was always going to be somewhat of a "free" year in Washington. Once they get RG3 right then they can start really building around him. And adding some pieces to their defense...

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 15 Oct 2013, 11:04 pm

Heres Eli Manning after each INT

Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread IV - Page 15 3029e9d02afb705100624e0be8204f2c_large
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeygnfl Tue 15 Oct 2013, 11:13 pm

Watching the Chargers in the past couple of games, still surprised Keenan Allen wasn't taken early in the draft despite problems at the time.
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever Wed 16 Oct 2013, 1:28 am

mikeygnfl wrote:Watching the Chargers in the past couple of games, still surprised Keenan Allen wasn't taken early in the draft despite problems at the time.
I got him off waivers! Smile

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 16 Oct 2013, 8:41 am

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000264209/article/new-england-patriots-jerod-mayo-has-pectoral-surgery

Well Poopie. That's gonna be a tough one to overcome
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeygnfl Wed 16 Oct 2013, 6:33 pm

Josh Freeman to start for the Vikings this week. Peyton Hillis looks likely to sign for the Giants.
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 16 Oct 2013, 8:58 pm

Mayo joins big Vince on IR for the year.

Talib, Amendola, Connolly, Kelly all missed practice today.

Man we're screwed
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 16 Oct 2013, 9:09 pm

Oh and McCourty and Edelman were both limited in practice today
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowlandbrit Wed 16 Oct 2013, 11:26 pm

Browns signed a guy off the Packers' practice squad who turns out to have a torn ACL, still have to have him on their 53 man roster for the next 3 games.

Lowlandbrit

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Wed 16 Oct 2013, 11:50 pm

"As always, God hates Cleveland" - Bill Simmons

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowlandbrit Thu 17 Oct 2013, 8:22 pm

Texans trying to capture some of that Browns magic: Schaub's out, Case Keenum is starting Sunday.

Lowlandbrit

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 18 Oct 2013, 2:21 pm

Good win for Seattle last night, Wilson was brilliant
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 18 Oct 2013, 2:35 pm

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer
Drew Rosenhaus text: "Rob (Gronkowski) has now been cleared by all his doctors to play Sunday in the Jets game."

GRONKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 18 Oct 2013, 8:10 pm

Watch the occassional NFL game & usually tune into the Superbowl but just watched the Sky feature on the life & career of Kurt Warner. Incredible story on & off the field & a genuine good guy. Really enjoyed watching the programme.

As for this season, I guess I'm a Brady/NE fan. Hope he can do it this year.

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Fri 18 Oct 2013, 8:14 pm

You don't want none of that Patriots BS. The New York Football Giants is where it's at. You never know which side will turn up!!! Although the first six weeks have all been awful.

CFCNick

http://pucksandpitchforks.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 18 Oct 2013, 8:15 pm

The New York Giants is also where the #1 pick is at
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by The Mangler US_UK Fri 18 Oct 2013, 8:21 pm

Watched the game last night and while Carson Palmer is more accurate than John Skelton -- he still sucks. My fear is that we'll be just good enough this year not to land a stellar QB prospect in the draft. Of course, we still need a real left tackle too.

The Mangler US_UK

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Fri 18 Oct 2013, 8:38 pm

GSC wrote:The New York Giants is also where the #1 pick is at
Yep. Like winning Super Bowl's we are better than Cleveland at tanking too.

CFCNick

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowlandbrit Fri 18 Oct 2013, 11:08 pm

CFCNick wrote:
GSC wrote:The New York Giants is also where the #1 pick is at
Yep. Like winning Super Bowl's we are better than Cleveland at tanking too.
Giants don't have the pure lack of talent of Jacksonville though.

Lowlandbrit

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Sat 19 Oct 2013, 8:56 am

That's what makes it extra special. The team is so talented they can do better at being bad than actual bad players.

CFCNick

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat 19 Oct 2013, 8:32 pm

Gronk play? Gronk catch ball from Tommy? Gronk score and Gronk spike! GRONK GRONK GRONK!!!!!
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat 19 Oct 2013, 8:42 pm

Gronk break back
Gronk sit out games
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever Sun 20 Oct 2013, 12:16 am

Olly wrote:Good win for Seattle last night, Wilson was brilliant
By brilliant you mean brilliant apart from the fumbles? He's good, but a brilliant QB knows when pressure is coming and keeps the ball safe, not carry it like a loaf of bread. They could have totally killed the Cards without those TO's.

I tell you what was brilliant, Fitz getting not one, but two massive blocks. I think Sherman has some serious respect for the guy now, if he didn't already! Wish he could get fantasy points for it, as his hammy seriously reduced his receiving impact.

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 20 Oct 2013, 4:01 pm

With reports that Dallas is moving on from Murray, worth noting Jerruh had a real hard on for McFadden coming out of college.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Sun 20 Oct 2013, 4:04 pm

@ProFootballTalk: On Cowboys and possible RB trades -- Dallas reportedly had Darren McFadden at the very top of their board in 2008 http://t.co/hCvZBuZlmD

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 20 Oct 2013, 4:11 pm

That would be the report
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Sun 20 Oct 2013, 5:28 pm

BamBam wrote:@ProFootballTalk: On Cowboys and possible RB trades -- Dallas reportedly had Darren McFadden at the very top of their board in 2008 http://t.co/hCvZBuZlmD
its only cuz he was from Arkansas

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 20 Oct 2013, 5:29 pm

Brett Favre has Aaron Rodgers on his fantasy team.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Sun 20 Oct 2013, 5:41 pm

Olly wrote:Brett Favre has Aaron Rodgers on his fantasy team.
and Amendola...

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 20 Oct 2013, 5:45 pm

Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread IV - Page 15 BXCMpifCEAAo18G

Bionic Gronk
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Sun 20 Oct 2013, 6:00 pm

GO JAY GO!

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 20 Oct 2013, 6:02 pm

Matt Miller ‏@nfldraftscout
#Jets make Zach Sudfeld a captain against former team, the #Patriots.

UNICORNS! SHOW PONIES! WHERE'S THE BEEF?
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Sun 20 Oct 2013, 6:03 pm

Jets to beat the Pats! ((Heard it here first))

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 20 Oct 2013, 6:13 pm

Injuries just killed our defence. Don't think we can cope without Mayo tbh
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 20 Oct 2013, 6:25 pm

GRONK GRONK GRONK GRONK GRONK
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next