The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is the best Dish you have ever made?

5 posters

Go down

What is the best Dish you have ever made? Empty What is the best Dish you have ever made?

Post by hbk48942 Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:28 pm

title says it all , when you have been in the kitchen cooking , what is the best thing you have made?

for me , havent made much for a while but between the Tuna Pasta Bake and the Christmas Cake i made in school.

hbk48942

Back to top Go down

What is the best Dish you have ever made? Empty Re: What is the best Dish you have ever made?

Post by CuriousGeorge Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:33 pm

Made an oxtail & peanut curry the other day, amazing.

Best bit was skimming off the fat and using it for roast potatoes a few days later!!

CuriousGeorge

Back to top Go down

What is the best Dish you have ever made? Empty Re: What is the best Dish you have ever made?

Post by Guest Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:11 pm

Sunday lunch that, by utter fluke, was all cooked to perfection. Never had beef as succulent and tender before or since.

F*cking heartbreaking really....

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousGeorge Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:08 am

How do you cook your beef when roasting?

Despite liking my steak medium rare, I often prefer my roast beef more medium.

Did you make your own Yorkshires?

CuriousGeorge

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:37 am

Causes a hell of a lot of mess / smoke but you need to blast it in a pan as hot as you can get it. Seal all sides then i'd oven somewhere between 30-45 mins for your average sized roasting joind (600g).

Have tried a recipe for a rib where kerridge cooked it at 50 degrees for 3/4 hours. Came out ok but had better. In his book.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:55 am

I find sealing the joint is better if you are planning to slow roast. I add a little bit of stock to the roasting tin/dish. Make sure the oven is around 200/220 and let it cook for around 15 minutes, then turn the oven down to around 170 and leave for about an hour. The stock ensures you keep the joint moist.

Yorkshire puddings are always homemade, I use the 'equal measures' recipe and they come out huge.

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:26 pm

Butter Chicken, takes a lot of chicken (1KG) but is an absolute fantastic winter warmer and you can add as much spice as you want (kids like it mild, I have it medium, Missus has it sooper dooper spicy).

Mushroom Bhaji, haven't made it in a while but make a cracking one.

Swiss Roll, although I made this in school and it was perfect, haven't attempted it since as i'll ruin it I know it.

Whenever i'm cooking though, have to add on at least an extra hour as I take forever. (It once took me 4 hours to do a cooked breakfast Smile )

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down