The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fury's dilemma

+23
Rowley
hampo17
Lance
Lumbering_Jack
Adam D
Soldier_Of_Fortune
Steffan
Strongback
OasisBFC
horizontalhero
TopHat24/7
bhb001
sittingringside
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
hogey
seanmichaels
AlexHuckerby
RanjitPatel
catchweight
azania
Union Cane
hazharrison
armchairwarrior
27 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Fury's dilemma  - Page 5 Empty Fury's dilemma

Post by armchairwarrior Wed 25 Sep 2013, 11:16 am

First topic message reminder :

My daughter has a passing interest in boxing. Give or take a few different words this is how it went....

At breakfast....

Dad, someone told me that Tyson Fury will take a keep busy fight. Whats the difference between a fight and a keep busy fight?

Tyson just wants to keep his form from his camp and fight someone much lower ranked on TV so as to not jeopardize his fight with Haye in Feb.

So..he wants an opponent who is easy and won't win.

well...Kind of...sort of like a work out for Tyson and a bit of an opportunity for someone lower down

So, its not really a competitive fight then is it if the other guy can't win - some opportunity!

I didn't say "can't" just almost certainly won't

Well whats the point then. Say if tennis was like boxing, it's like Andy Murray would play world no 196 in November waiting for Nadal in February...and who on earth would bother to watch a 6-0 6-0 thrashing. What would be the point?

erm..well ( starting to struggle )...people always like to see a fight, and Tyson's a name now through associations with Haye and people just will tune in to see fists fly whatever....

So, people will watch a really big guy beating up another guy who hasn't much hope for fun then?...

Ermm...well ( starting to fall apart and checking watch for meeting )

Thats really rubbish...Isn't it like badger baiting or where people set dogs on tied up bears..

Erm..no..NO ( finds argument )..ITS NOT. Because both are consenting adults and agree and get paid...( aha! )

Ok, so that makes it all ok then. Two guys fight each other and one has deliberately been picked because he is nowhere near as good is almost certainly going to lose and possibly be badly hurt and people watch it and its all ok because everyone taking part consents and are getting paid. Why is that a sport though?

Erm..gotta go to a meeting..

Tyson Fury faces a interesting dilemma though.

If he stays busy, who does he fight?

If its a Mike Middleton northern doorman or the like and a one round stoppage he will just be ridiculed.

If its someone like Chisora, that would be great for boxing, but very very risky for Tyson particularly as he is on good form at present ( Chisora would be insanely motivated to derail Fury )

I suspect Haye's "sparring partners" won't get a look in...

Who are the in-betweeners that Fury could get for November?

Last edited by armchairwarrior on Wed 25 Sep 2013, 11:17 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : wording)

armchairwarrior

Back to top Go down

Fury's dilemma  - Page 5 Empty Re: Fury's dilemma

Post by azania Thu 26 Sep 2013, 9:16 pm

Here comes another untouchable who will swerve the point about the criticism fury gets on here about his weight and condition.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Thu 26 Sep 2013, 9:17 pm

azania wrote:No hogey. What seems to escape you is that fury has never been described in the terms you are now using.  He wasn't at his lightest for chus which means he trained harder for othet fights. Add to it that he is always called fat etc and even an embarrassment.  Now you are doing an about turn.

Why don't you accept what you and the board have been saying for ages about fury? Do you accept you were wrong and based your ideas on your dislike of him?
I have never called Fury fat even in the early day of his career when he was carrying a bit of extra timber, my criticism of him always was that he is no more than a club fighter got lucky and that still remains my thoughts on him, for the Chisora fight the pictures and all the video clearly show a big lump in good shape.
These are the words of a reporter at the weigh in "At the weigh-in, Fury looked lean and muscular, a far cry from the soft, doughy looking fighter seen in previous Fury outings" so to say no one has every used those words about Fury is as much BS as everything else you spout. I expect he was lying as well eh Az

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 26 Sep 2013, 9:30 pm

Says it all really. A club fighter who got lucky. So all his wins are due to the others having a problem but not because of fury's skill.

I'd rather go by what I see. Fury could do with losing some weight and getting into better condition.

Bottom line is that fury won. He won because he is better. No luck about fury being better. Get used to it.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Thu 26 Sep 2013, 10:39 pm

Broken Record

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 26 Sep 2013, 10:43 pm

That probably is the most intelligent thing you have posted.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Thu 26 Sep 2013, 10:45 pm

Be quiet runt.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 26 Sep 2013, 10:52 pm

Thread should be locked. The geordie neanderthal has arrived grunting and all.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Thu 26 Sep 2013, 11:08 pm

azania wrote:Says it all really.  A club fighter who got lucky.  So all his wins are due to the others having a problem but not because of fury's skill.

I'd rather go by what I see. Fury could do with losing some weight and getting into better condition.

Bottom line is that fury won. He won because he is better.  No luck about fury being better.  Get used to it.
I never said anything of the sort, the only win i would say he did not deserve was against Big John who clearly schooled him to use your language and was robbed blind. He thoroughly deserved to beat Chisora because he was fit and well conditioned and DelBoy was a fat disgrace who was barely able to do more than lift his arms to defend himself after 2 minutes. All i said and have been saying is i think Chisora batters him in a rematch if he is fit because i saw more than enough even in the 4 or 5 attacks he launched and how they had Fury rocking to think Fury would not cope with Chis coming at him for 3 minutes of every round. Our dispute was about you lying and trying to make out both men were not fit when its as clear as the luminous sticker on your skateboard that Fury was in great shape and you reluctance to put your hands up and say you was making up as you went along yesterday and got found out.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 26 Sep 2013, 11:26 pm

The mac fight was close. Mac deserved the decision. But fury put the record straight immediately.

He beat del because he was better. Simple. Del fought a hopeless bod and looked good. Much like price looked good against the likes of Audley and the assortment of bums he was fed.

Fury was not as fit as he should be. He came in heavier than he had in some of his other fights. True or not?

Fury is the better fighter. He won. No excuses. Deal with it.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Fri 27 Sep 2013, 12:24 am

Yes he has been lighter for a few of his fights but heavier for many more, basically that was his first fight where he came into the ring in proper shape and he has kept that level going by and large. I think for such a big lump of 6ft9 his conditioning from the Chisora fight onwards has been commendable and compared to most of the tubs of jelly in the division, that's one thing i think he is doing very well. What you dont seem to except is that with 2 men in the ring where one was in the shape of his career at that point and one was carrying about 3 extra stone and had made no effort train and is so tired he can barely throw punches after the first round then it is going to make a huge difference to the result, i take nothing from Fury he made the effort, Delboy did not but it still stands the major factor in the fight was conditioning. I hand on heart think if Chisora rematches him and is fully prepared he will win comfortably. Anyway i am off to bed so i wont read your next post looking for another way to avoid admitting you was lying about Fury's conditioning for the fight in spite of the fact we have all seen it with our own eyes and you were talking out of your Az. You remind me of the drunk who phones the Police in a panic because "everyone is driving in the wrong direction on the motorway except me"
Goodnight i am off to my pit.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 27 Sep 2013, 9:26 am

azania wrote:JBW & CW thank you both for making my point.
Headscratch 

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5