The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fury's dilemma

+23
Rowley
hampo17
Lance
Lumbering_Jack
Adam D
Soldier_Of_Fortune
Steffan
Strongback
OasisBFC
horizontalhero
TopHat24/7
bhb001
sittingringside
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
hogey
seanmichaels
AlexHuckerby
RanjitPatel
catchweight
azania
Union Cane
hazharrison
armchairwarrior
27 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Fury's dilemma  - Page 2 Empty Fury's dilemma

Post by armchairwarrior Wed 25 Sep 2013, 11:16 am

First topic message reminder :

My daughter has a passing interest in boxing. Give or take a few different words this is how it went....

At breakfast....

Dad, someone told me that Tyson Fury will take a keep busy fight. Whats the difference between a fight and a keep busy fight?

Tyson just wants to keep his form from his camp and fight someone much lower ranked on TV so as to not jeopardize his fight with Haye in Feb.

So..he wants an opponent who is easy and won't win.

well...Kind of...sort of like a work out for Tyson and a bit of an opportunity for someone lower down

So, its not really a competitive fight then is it if the other guy can't win - some opportunity!

I didn't say "can't" just almost certainly won't

Well whats the point then. Say if tennis was like boxing, it's like Andy Murray would play world no 196 in November waiting for Nadal in February...and who on earth would bother to watch a 6-0 6-0 thrashing. What would be the point?

erm..well ( starting to struggle )...people always like to see a fight, and Tyson's a name now through associations with Haye and people just will tune in to see fists fly whatever....

So, people will watch a really big guy beating up another guy who hasn't much hope for fun then?...

Ermm...well ( starting to fall apart and checking watch for meeting )

Thats really rubbish...Isn't it like badger baiting or where people set dogs on tied up bears..

Erm..no..NO ( finds argument )..ITS NOT. Because both are consenting adults and agree and get paid...( aha! )

Ok, so that makes it all ok then. Two guys fight each other and one has deliberately been picked because he is nowhere near as good is almost certainly going to lose and possibly be badly hurt and people watch it and its all ok because everyone taking part consents and are getting paid. Why is that a sport though?

Erm..gotta go to a meeting..

Tyson Fury faces a interesting dilemma though.

If he stays busy, who does he fight?

If its a Mike Middleton northern doorman or the like and a one round stoppage he will just be ridiculed.

If its someone like Chisora, that would be great for boxing, but very very risky for Tyson particularly as he is on good form at present ( Chisora would be insanely motivated to derail Fury )

I suspect Haye's "sparring partners" won't get a look in...

Who are the in-betweeners that Fury could get for November?

Last edited by armchairwarrior on Wed 25 Sep 2013, 11:17 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : wording)

armchairwarrior

Back to top Go down

Fury's dilemma  - Page 2 Empty Re: Fury's dilemma

Post by hogey Wed 25 Sep 2013, 4:13 pm

Earth to planet Az, Schooling a fighter does not amount to leaning on his opponent for the whole fight and throwing a few ineffective punches a round. Fury has not improved much at all except he is a bit fitter other than that he has just tried to pick the right opponents to make him look half decent sadly he still looks terrible and has almost nothing beyond sheer size.
To judge if Furys skills have improved i look at the Cunningham fight and he was second best in every department and only got out of jail by using his size and an illegal hit and hold to put little Cunningham away. In that fight he was painfully exposed as to how limited his skills are and how easily he can be hit and hurt. He is lucky he got his big fight with Haye because soon someone was gonna flatten him for much less money.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed 25 Sep 2013, 4:22 pm

If Fury and Chisora had a rematch...Chisora would lose

Is that a fact? Yes it is...and it could be a very painful one for Del boy as well

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed 25 Sep 2013, 4:24 pm

This thread is amazing.

I am not saying the quality of discussion today has been low, but I am off to read youtube comments where the level of discussion is of a higher quality.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 25 Sep 2013, 4:28 pm

Well, thanks for your contribution all the same Ad...

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 25 Sep 2013, 4:30 pm

Adam D wrote:This thread is amazing.

I am not saying the quality of discussion today has been low, but I am off to read youtube comments where the level of discussion is of a higher quality.
Yes, because you have truly been of great help.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by RanjitPatel Wed 25 Sep 2013, 4:49 pm

Chisora v Fury now is probably 50-50. Fury showed in the Johnson fight that he can box and move behind a jab and that would be an important attribute in a rematch.
Its close to being a shame that they fought before as I don't feel that the first fight showed either in a good light and a fight now would be totally different. Remember in the first one Chisora was so knackered he just stood in the corner and let Fury hit him as if he was hoping to be ko'd. That wouldn't happen now.

RanjitPatel

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Wed 25 Sep 2013, 4:52 pm

Now where is that "toys out of pram" emoticon ...

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 25 Sep 2013, 5:24 pm

hogey wrote:Earth to planet Az, Schooling a fighter does not amount to leaning on his opponent for the whole fight and throwing a few ineffective punches a round. Fury has not improved much at all except he is a bit fitter other than that he has just tried to pick the right opponents to make him look half decent sadly he still looks terrible and has almost nothing beyond sheer size.
To judge if Furys skills have improved i look at the Cunningham fight and he was second best in every department and only got out of jail by using his size and an illegal hit and hold to put little Cunningham away. In that fight he was painfully exposed as to how limited his skills are and how easily he can be hit and hurt. He is lucky he got his big fight with Haye because soon someone was gonna flatten him for much less money.
This is exactly what I am talking about. Fury won that fight easily. Now some are saying all he did is lean on Del. Rubbish. He totally outboxed him. Won the fight at a canter. Question Del's fitness, but know that Fury was also over-weight. But that gets over-looked and stupid excuses such as Del's unfitness costs and harms him more than Fury's and in the same sentence saying that they are not trying to take away the credit from Fury for being the first man to beat Del. And this twerp says I'm from another planet. Had it been the chinny Scouse all praise would have gone to him.

And now this muppet uses Fury's worse performance to judge him. A performance his trainer gave a 2/10 mark. But he also takes away the fact that Fury knocked him out. Did a better job on him that Adamek did. Lets not forget that Adamek was a recent title challenger and highl ranked in all the governing bodies. Plus the fact that Cunningham was totally tobbed against Adamek. Fury knocked him out cold. But the excuses still come in that Fury fought a dirty fight and knocked him out with his elbow (lie) or help his head up with his forearm to prop it up before delivering the KO blow. Another gross exaggeratin. The forearm was on his neck for less than a second. Had Duran done that people would have called it experience, canny, clever, wiley or all manner of positive adjectives. Of course you will not admit it. UYou will probably scurry along and hide or start with more inane comments far from the facts but based on delusional opinnions or totally avoid the subject.

Whilst that fight was going, indeed before it started I said Fury looked amped up way to much. But after round 4, Fury won easily. So what if he used his size? Should Floyd stop using his defence? Did Lewis make himself smaller to make it a fair fight against Tua or did he lean on him every time Tua got close? What did Ali do whenever Frazier got close?

Fury beat Chisora with ease. Even more impressive was that he was a novice against the best of British (after Haye). Deal with it mate and stop making sht up.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 25 Sep 2013, 5:24 pm

Steffan wrote:If Fury and Chisora had a rematch...Chisora would lose

Is that a fact? Yes it is...and it could be a very painful one for Del boy as well
These mofos remind me of Froch. Up themselves and deluded when faced with simple facts.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 25 Sep 2013, 5:25 pm

picard 

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 25 Sep 2013, 5:38 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
azania wrote:
AlexHuckerby wrote:He did, every time Chisora put serious pressure on him (In the early stages and in round 10) he hurt Fury.
Not every time.  Stop being an idiot wum. Hardly ever.  Chis was British champ. Fury a green novice.  Yes he schooled him. Fact.
Hahaha another classic Az inconsitency.

They both came into it with 14-0 records and neither had extensive amateur experience (before you try a RJJ-Hoppo type excuse).
Who was the champion? Who won.....easily?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 25 Sep 2013, 5:41 pm

Think I might rewatch the Fury-Chisora fight, just to laugh at Az.

A bit like I did with his Haye vs goat-herder comments.

Remember Az, when you BS about things that ACTUALLY happened, it is very easy to be proved wrong, as it is so often the case with you.

You've really come back soft since your absence and YDKSAB incarnation, this used to be a lot tougher.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 25 Sep 2013, 5:41 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:117-112 isn't exactly a schooling... Especially when the winner is rocked 4 seperate times. Its hardly Floyd/Marquez is it?
Floyd/JMM was a shut out. 117-112 is a schooling. He was rocked slightly once or twice. Fury won at a canter. It wasn't even close as the scores indicate. Get real Alex and quit the wumming. Yes you don't like Fury. I get it. But no need to make stuff up.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 25 Sep 2013, 5:42 pm

azania wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
azania wrote:
AlexHuckerby wrote:He did, every time Chisora put serious pressure on him (In the early stages and in round 10) he hurt Fury.
Not every time.  Stop being an idiot wum. Hardly ever.  Chis was British champ. Fury a green novice.  Yes he schooled him. Fact.

They both came into it with 14-0 records and neither had extensive amateur experience (before you try a RJJ-Hoppo type excuse).
Neither was a 'vet' or 'novice' in comparison to the other, as you are making out.

And nobody won easily. Comfortably, in the end, maybe. But not 'easily'.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 25 Sep 2013, 5:48 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:Think I might rewatch the Fury-Chisora fight, just to laugh at Az.

Remember Az, when you BS about things that ACTUALLY happened, it is very easy to be proved wrong, as it is so often the case with you.

You've really come back soft since your absence and YDKSAB incarnation, this used to be a lot tougher.
Feel fre. A total schooling. Haye got decked by a goat herder. Yes or no? He was out on his feet (assuming some say Fury was almost taken out by Chis). When you do watch it, please post it here also so all can see also. He was badly shaken by a SMW.

You think I'm YDKSAB? Wise up mate. Actually keep on thinking that. You will join strongback in believing anything.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 25 Sep 2013, 5:50 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
azania wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
azania wrote:

Neither was a 'vet' or 'novice' in comparison to the other, as you are making out.

And nobody won easily.  Comfortably, in the end, maybe. But not 'easily'.
Vit had 25 fights before he stepped out of fighting bar staff. Haye was world champ in less fights than that. It is not the number of fights but the calibre of opponents. Chis had fought better guys and was champion. Fury was the greener of the two and he won easily because he is the better boxer. Plus he has improved more than Del and will slap him about if Del grows the right pair to face him again.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 25 Sep 2013, 5:52 pm

azania wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:Think I might rewatch the Fury-Chisora fight, just to laugh at Az.

Feel fre. A total schooling. Haye got decked by a goat herder. Yes or no? He was out on his feet (assuming some say Fury was almost taken out by Chis). When you do watch it, please post it here also so all can see also. He was badly shaken by a SMW.

You think I'm YDKSAB? Wise up mate. Actually keep on thinking that. You will join strongback in believing anything.
I've already answered this, and laughed at you, on the other thread where I actually posted the replay of the fight video. If you want to see an actual schooling from an actual novice versus an actual vet, I suggest you watch it.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 25 Sep 2013, 5:54 pm

azania wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
azania wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
azania wrote:

And nobody won easily.  Comfortably, in the end, maybe. But not 'easily'.
Vit had 25 fights before he stepped out of fighting bar staff. Haye was world champ in less fights than that. It is not the number of fights but the calibre of opponents. Chis had fought better guys and was champion. Fury was the greener of the two and he won easily because he is the better boxer. Plus he has improved more than Del and will slap him about if Del grows the right pair to face him again.
Same number of fights, same amount of experience, same calibre of opponent. That was why it was considered such a good match-up, to equals on the up and coming Brit scene.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 25 Sep 2013, 5:55 pm

Post it here please. Lets see the kd and how Haye was on Price street. But being kd by a SMW is a clear sign of being chinny is it not?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Wed 25 Sep 2013, 5:55 pm

Does writing 'FACT' make your point any stronger, or make you look like a Kumquat?

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 25 Sep 2013, 5:56 pm

azania wrote:Post it here please. Lets see the kd and how Haye was on Price street. But being kd by a SMW is a clear sign of being chinny is it not?
Why should I?

I posted it before and you ran scared, too scared to retort.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 25 Sep 2013, 5:57 pm

Del had fought Williams and Sexton before Fury schooled him. Fury had scraped past (dodgy decision) Fat Mac, knocked him out in the rematch. That was his best opponent. Del was the more seasoned. Plus he was champion.

Schooling. 9-3 in rounds if memory serves me right.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 25 Sep 2013, 5:59 pm

Tyson had 2 wins over MaccyD, plus durable Zack Page and also Rich Power.

Del had Sexton, Williams and Baker.

Fail to see how you can differentiate those two CVs to be able to sufficiently conclude that one was a seasoned pro and the other a junior novice.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 25 Sep 2013, 6:01 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
azania wrote:Post it here please. Lets see the kd and how Haye was on Price street. But being kd by a SMW is a clear sign of being chinny is it not?
Why should I?

I posted it before and you ran scared, too scared to retort.
I don't run scared toppy, you should know that by now. That thread was prematurely ejected by the mods I believe. So if you could be so kind to repost if I would appreciate it....so will the board.

Haye was on Price street.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 25 Sep 2013, 6:01 pm

If you think those opponents are on par with one another then all power to you.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Wed 25 Sep 2013, 6:18 pm

Az you are a funny little lad sadly though with limited knowledge, you make me laugh how you get so wound up about nothing and then post 300 word replies of nothingness to back up a clear lack of basis for whatever twaddle you are peddling on a thread. Keep it up son you are the Adrian Durham of 606v2.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 25 Sep 2013, 6:24 pm

As I figured. A waste of space reply.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 25 Sep 2013, 6:38 pm

Lumbering_Jack wrote:Does writing 'FACT' make your point any stronger, or make you look like a Kumquat?
Yes my friend.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Wed 25 Sep 2013, 7:41 pm

which fight is this? was it the one in the amateurs?

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 25 Sep 2013, 7:49 pm

Pro fight. His 7th or 8th I believe.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Wed 25 Sep 2013, 8:29 pm

Haha i come back hours later and the youngster is still going at it, got to give him credit he is like one of those little Jack Russels that tries to hump your leg to get your attention.Laugh 

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Wed 25 Sep 2013, 8:37 pm

You could go away for days hogey and he'd still be going at it when you returned picard

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 25 Sep 2013, 8:42 pm

Oh do belt up hampo. If you have nothing to say I suggest you say nothing.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Wed 25 Sep 2013, 8:46 pm

Sorry did I touch a nerve Az? Calm down before you do yourself some harm.

I wouldn't call Fury vs Chisora a schooling, far from it in fact. The scores where comfortable, however I don't think for one second Fury ever felt in control of that fight. While they where both out of shape, Chisora was at his heaviest weight, if he comes in like he did on Saturday then he could give Fury a real run for his money.

Fury has the problem now of maintaining motivation, having openly admitted that he didn't take boxing seriously at the start of his career it wouldn't surprise me if looked awful, and possibly got dropped in a "keep" busy fight.

The best fight out there for the fans, now the Haye fight isn't happening, is Chisora though. Del is currently Euro champ, it gives Fury a chance to win another belt and it gives us another good domestic scrap.

Last edited by hampo171 on Wed 25 Sep 2013, 8:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 25 Sep 2013, 8:54 pm

No nerve touched whatsoever.

You're entitled to your opinion. Yeah chisora was out of shape. Lets ignore that fury was also out of shape. In fact why not go the froch approach and deny chis lost. Blame the loser instead of creditting the winner. If Haye loses fury still won't get the credit he is entitled to.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Wed 25 Sep 2013, 8:57 pm

I said they where both out of shape Az, did you miss that part?

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 25 Sep 2013, 9:01 pm

Yes you did but with a caveat.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Wed 25 Sep 2013, 9:04 pm

You can't ignore that Chisora was in the worst shape of his career, Fury was in awful shape for most of his fights then so it wasn't that much of a surprise.

An in shape Chisora against the current Tyson Fury is a very good domestic scrap, a fight which I know Don Charles would take having spoken to him on Monday.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 25 Sep 2013, 9:12 pm

So an out of shape fury beat an out of shape chisora.

Don Charles just wants to cash in on fury. Fair play but why should fury go backwards?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Wed 25 Sep 2013, 9:16 pm

Explain how it is going backwards?

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed 25 Sep 2013, 9:20 pm

Chisora would lose again...psychically

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 25 Sep 2013, 9:21 pm

He's already beaten him comfortably. There isn't a clamour for Froch to fight Arthur Abraham is there?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 25 Sep 2013, 9:23 pm

Poor example Abraham has done nothing in the intervening period to convince anyone things would be different. Chisora arguably has.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Wed 25 Sep 2013, 9:24 pm

So what you're saying is that when a two novices fight each other, there should be no reason for them to fight again, even if there would be a title on the line?

Fury has no problems with going backwards anyway, don't forget he ditched the British and Commonwealth title to fight that great fighter Martin Rogan, that was hardly a huge leap forwards was it.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed 25 Sep 2013, 9:26 pm

I meant Chisora would lose Physically by the way not psychically Laugh

Fury v Chisora 2?

Erm...no thanks. I seen all I needed to see last time

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 25 Sep 2013, 9:32 pm

hampo171 wrote:So what you're saying is that when a two novices fight each other, there should be no reason for them to fight again, even if there would be a title on the line?

Fury has no problems with going backwards anyway, don't forget he ditched the British and Commonwealth title to fight that great fighter Martin Rogan, that was hardly a huge leap forwards was it.
Is there a clamour for groves and degale to rematch? That actually warrants a rematch but because groves is a fan favourite people here don't want it because they feel jdg may win. The same hope fury will lose to chisora. Funny thing is that a motivated fury beats chisora easier than before.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Wed 25 Sep 2013, 9:39 pm

Then it would be an easy "keep busy" fight that would give him another title wouldn't it.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 25 Sep 2013, 9:46 pm

Yes it would. But too big a fight to fall into that category. He would need a longer csmp to get ready for a fighter like del. Maybe a first defence of the world title. Most fighters have a gimme as their first defence.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Wed 25 Sep 2013, 9:49 pm

Too be honest you are talking a load of old nonsense about Furys fitness for the fight he had trained pretty well and was complemented for his fitness and stamina many times through the fight, heres the stats that tell the real story that Az is trying to spin.
Fury is 6ft 9 and weighed in at 255lbs for the fight, which is by the way 1lb heavier than for his recent fight with Cunningham.
Chisora is 6ft 1 and weighed in at 261lbs for the fight which was 6 lbs heavier than Fury and 44lbs more than his previous heaviest ever.
If you cant look those figures and say one of these fighters was in much worse condition than the other then you must be a blind man.
Truth is Fury came in at a good weight for him and in much better shape than he had in previous fights, Delboy came in carrying 4 stone of extra fat on his short frame his own fault so he got the loss he deserved but had a massive impact on the result.
I just had a look at the fight and weigh in photos Fury was in great condition by a mile his best shape ever up to that point, you should have checked before you started BSing mate.

Last edited by hogey on Wed 25 Sep 2013, 9:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 25 Sep 2013, 9:55 pm

Hang on. Are you now suggesting that fury is in shape. I have rwad here many times people ripping into him for his lack of physique and being a lazy trainer. Which is it? Is he now Mr adonis?

He has always had good stamina and is a fighting man.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next