The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best GK , Defender , Midfielder and Striker you've had at your club

+16
Good Golly I'm Olly
MIG
TopoftheChops
Roller_Coaster
The Womble
sodhat
CFCNick
Kay Fabe
compelling and rich
westisbest
Luke
NickisBHAFC
VDT
Dolphin Ziggler
Nakatomi Plaza
hbk48942
20 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Best GK , Defender , Midfielder and Striker you've had at your club  Empty Best GK , Defender , Midfielder and Striker you've had at your club

Post by hbk48942 Mon 14 Oct 2013, 10:13 pm

title says it all

for Bolton

Goal Keeper - got to be Jussi but Al Habsi is a close second.

Defender - Gudni Berguson and Gary Cahill

Midfield - either Kevin Nolan , Ivan Campo or Gary Speed , Jay Jay Okacha

Striker - Anelka but Kevin Davies is up there too.

Last edited by hbk48942 on Mon 14 Oct 2013, 10:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

hbk48942

Back to top Go down

Best GK , Defender , Midfielder and Striker you've had at your club  Empty Re: Best GK , Defender , Midfielder and Striker you've had at your club

Post by Nakatomi Plaza Mon 14 Oct 2013, 10:17 pm

hbk48942 wrote:title says it all

for Bolton

Goal Keeper - got to be Jussi but Al Habsi is a close second.

Defender - Gudni Berguson and Gary Cahill

Midfield - either Kevin Nolan , Ivan Campo or Gary Speed

Striker - Anelka but Kevin Davies is up there too.
No Jay Jay Okacha?

Nakatomi Plaza

Back to top Go down

Best GK , Defender , Midfielder and Striker you've had at your club  Empty Re: Best GK , Defender , Midfielder and Striker you've had at your club

Post by hbk48942 Mon 14 Oct 2013, 10:19 pm

forgot about him for some reason , i will add him.

hbk48942

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 14 Oct 2013, 10:23 pm

Is this in my lifetime, I witnessed or just ever? I know for a fact I wasnt alive for the best of any of those if its the "best player in said position ever"

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by hbk48942 Mon 14 Oct 2013, 10:24 pm

in your lifetime.

hbk48942

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Mon 14 Oct 2013, 10:31 pm

Schmeichel
Neville
Bruce
Stam
Irwin
Beckham
Keane
Robson
Giggs
Cantona
Van Nistelrooy
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

https://soundcloud.com/chris-lappin-1

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Mon 14 Oct 2013, 11:23 pm

Ill do a team since i started supporting the club and watching them, ill do a reason for my choice.

GK Micheal Kuipers - Legend. 10 sucessfull years with the club, and lives in my home town of Haywards Heath. Lovely bloke and is still connected with the club in the community scheme. His young son is also at the club i believe.
RB Bruno Saltor - Although he has looked crap this season, last season he was class. Former Valencia regular speaks for itself.
LB Wayne Bridge - No introduction.
CB Adam El-Abd - Been with the club since he was 13. Still going strong now. Always loved watching the beast play. Loves a tackle and always wears his heart on his sleeve.
CB Paul McShane - Simply in it for his goal against Palace in the 1-0 win. My dad didn't let me go to the game as i was only 12 at the time, and apparently there was injury's when we scored!
RM Gary Hart - Another player who spent 10 years with the club. Played a key part in promotions. Also played a major part in our league one survival in 2009.
LM Vicente - Spain legend, i miss him so much. Just the best player who has probably played at Championship standard.
CM Charlie Oatway - Im scared not to put him in. Shame how things ended on the coaching side, but still a club legend.
CM Dean Hammond - He is a cu*t but bluddy good player in both spells with the club.
ST Bobby Zamora - No need for introduction, bobby please come home.
ST Glenn Murray - Without him, no promotion to the Championship. 300 grand well spent. Shame Gus never offered him a new deal, and he had to join the scum.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Tue 15 Oct 2013, 1:56 am

GK - TONY NORMAN,
amazing saves, good at crosses, plus over 400 appearances means he was consistent.

RB - LIAM ROSINER,
Never really had any brilliant RB, in my opinion he's probably the best.

LB - WAYNE JACOBS,
Great defender, good going forward, decent at set pieces just a great LB.

CB - RICHARD JOBSON
Intelligent with the ball, Class defender, elegant, great at timing, decent with the ball.

CB - JUSTIN WHITTLE
Useless with ball at his feet, but his defending, blocks and putting his body on the line all first class.

CM - GARY PARKER
Good passer and striker of the ball, got stuck in and always seem to have time.

!CM- LEE WARREN
Same as above, but was elegant with it, should have played alot more in my opinion. Intelligent with the ball.

LW- STUART ELLIOTT
Scored goals for fun, brilliant at arriving late and headering, could beat his man, intelligent.

RW - ANDY PAYTON
Could beat his man, had bundles of skill, and also scored goals for fun.

ST - KEITH EDWARDS
Useless outside the box, deadly inside. Always seemed to be in the right position.

ST - DEAN WINDASS
A legend, and one of us. Like Keith, but was good at set pieces, headering and holding the ball up. And to think he was in midfield when he started at the club.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Tue 15 Oct 2013, 8:33 am

GK: Bosnich
DF: McGrath
MF: Platt
F: Yorke

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Tue 15 Oct 2013, 9:25 am

VDT wrote:Schmeichel
Neville
Bruce
Stam
Irwin
Beckham
Keane
Robson
Giggs
Cantona
Van Nistelrooy
no ronaldo?? best player to ever put the united shirt on and certainly better than beckham

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Tue 15 Oct 2013, 9:29 am

GK- schmeichel
DF- edwards, rio, stam, vidic
MF- scholes, giggs, charlton, ronaldo (could put him MF or F)
F- best, law, cantona

sorry it was physically impossible to just pick one

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 15 Oct 2013, 10:05 am

Celtic

I'll do a team and just choose after I've duscussed my XI

GK. Artur Boruc for me, Celtic haven't been blessed with great keepers in my lifetine although Pat Bonner, Artur Boruc and Frazer Forster have been with Celtic for a total of 22 my 31 years so maybe thats unfair, Artur Boruc got so involved in the party life style up here that he put on 3 stone which he lost rapidly after moving to Italy but there is no doubt in my mind in the first 3 years he was here he was as good as anyone I've ever seen, linked with plenty of £10m+ moves away he wanted to stay and it was before Celtic's policy of buying cheap selling at a profit and repeat

RB. Danny McGrain - at his peak he was rated as one of if not thee beat RBs in the World,  that was before my time however he was still going strong when I started going to the football and dont think anyone has bested him yet in that position

LB. Jackie McNamara - Not his best position but one of the most consistant footballers I've ever seen. He won 3 Player of the Year awards in 10 years at Celtic and won them all while playing a different position RB/RM/LB, this has been the weakest position for Celtic in my life time,  thats why someone whp isn't a natural LB gets my vote here

CB. Paul Elliott - Just a classy player, he had it all, great touch and pass, could pass a ball and could read the game superbly, pity he joined Celtic when we were entering our weakest period, if he joined a few years earlier or a few years later than he did he would have been even better.

CB. Marc Reiper - I loved big Handsome, what a defender he was, Celtic wanted him for 2 years before we finally got him from West Ham, its no coincidence for me that Alan Stubbs suddenly became the player we paid £4m for in 1996 when Reiper joined, he along with McNamara, Burley and Larsson were major reasons we managed to win the league for the first time in 10 years

RCM. Paul McStay - McStay let his love of Celtic effect his career,  he was one of the finest midfielders Scotlanda ever produced, was wanted by Juventus and Milan in 1992 but stuck with Celtic, his career from 92-97 didn't live up to anything near how it was from 82-92, what a player though, the master of the through pass.

CM. Murdo McLeod - like McGrain I only seen the later stages of his Celtic career but some of my first memories of Celtic are of Murdo scoring screamer after screamers, rock solid player and could pick a pass, had all the attributes required to be a top midfielder,  he is still loved in Dortmund for 4 successful years after he left Celtic.

LCM. Alan Thompson - Possibly not the best player but the volume of assists he made during his time at Celtic and the amount of goals he scored in big games means I find it impossible to leave him out, he averaged 12-15 goals a season and set up at least 20 a season too,  unbelievable delivery and tge very definition of a big game player.

AM. Lubo Moravcik - Possibly the most talented player to ever wear the Hoops, God knows how he managed to stay under the radar for so long in France in the 90s, I still couldn't for 100% certainty tell what his strongest foot was, he was amazing on either side, his balance was incredible complimented with his vision and ability to play the killer pass or score a 30 yarder from almost any conceivable angle, Celtic didn't get him until he was 33 but for 4 years he was simply immense,  Zinedine Zidane said when he was starting out in France the player he idolised was Lubo, says it all really.

CF. Henrik Larsson - needs no real explanation, 242 goals in 315 games, if you take away the season he was out with a broken leg he averaged just over 40 goals a season in his time with Celtic, who at 34 gets a deal at Barcelona moving from the SPL?  Incredible talent, the most clinical and best team player I've ever seen. If Ibrahimovich had Henriks application and professionalism he'd have been the best striker in World Football.

CF. Pierre Van Hoijdonk - I absolutely loved Big Pierre,  he was just one top footballer, great touch and awareness and was clinical in front of goal, had almost everything, lacked pass but wasn't slow, he left 4 months before Larsson arrived, I only wish he stuck around, those two would have been an absolute dream to see as a partnership.

GK. Artur Boruc
DEF. Paul Elliott
MID. Lubo Moravcik
STK. Henrik Larsson

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 15 Oct 2013, 10:12 am

In my lifetime at West Brom:

Goalkeeper: Ben Foster - quality keeper, is worth at least 10pts a season.

Defender: Carl Hoefkens - came round to my parents house, and my favourite player of all time ever ever ever.

Midfielder: Enzo Maresca - only had one full season with us before Juve snapped him up for £4m. Never seen skill like his down the Hawthorns, before or since.

Striker: Kanu - he was sublime, even if he couldn't be bothered. Shame he cheated us out of an FA Cup final appearance Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Tue 15 Oct 2013, 10:12 am

Just made an XI because the list could be long

Cudicini

Gallas
Desailly
Carvalho
Bridge

Robben
Di Matteo
Makelele
Wise

Zola

Drogba

Players missing out, Hasselbaink, Ballack, Crespo, Le Saux, Clarke (I was a little too young), Hughes, Vialli, Gudjohnsen.

CFCNick

http://pucksandpitchforks.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Tue 15 Oct 2013, 10:17 am

no lampard nick? for what he's done at your club would have to have him over di matteo or certainly over the little cretin wise

also terry should at least be on the missing out list and cole is twice the player bridge is despite them both being d!cks

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 15 Oct 2013, 10:18 am

Can Frank Lampard really not get into your best 11? Unbelievable volume of goals

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Tue 15 Oct 2013, 10:19 am

If we're doing full teams(since I've been watching villa)

Bosnich
Barrett
McGrath
Teale
Staunton
Platt
Richardson
Daley
Houghton
Yorke
Benteke

Subs: spink, Laursen, Delany, Merson, Towsend, Dublin, Atkinson

This is a bit rushed, probably forgot one or two.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 15 Oct 2013, 10:21 am

Dennis Wise over Frank Lampard is like picking Emile Heskey over Alan Shearer!

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 15 Oct 2013, 10:21 am

I always really liked Ian Taylor, thought he was an excellent midfielder

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Tue 15 Oct 2013, 10:27 am

is this best we've had at our club or best ive seen, because im not quite old enough to have seen charlton best etc but they get in team for best at club, overall i would go

Schmeichel
G. neville
Stam
Rio
Edwards
Giggs
Scholes
Chartlon
Ronaldo
Cantona
Best

subs: VDS, Irwin, Vidic, Keane, Beckham, Robson, Law

fair few goals from midfield there i would expect

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Tue 15 Oct 2013, 10:37 am

Kay Fabe wrote:I always really liked Ian Taylor, thought he was an excellent midfielder
Taylor was a good player.

Probably have him on the bench.

Villa legend. Seen him at a few away games in the crowd, singing away.

Top man.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Tue 15 Oct 2013, 10:38 am

westisbest wrote:If we're doing full teams(since I've been watching villa)

Bosnich
Barrett
McGrath
Teale
Staunton
Platt
Richardson
Daley
Houghton
Yorke
Benteke

Subs: spink, Laursen, Delany, Merson, Towsend, Dublin, Atkinson

This is a bit rushed, probably forgot one or two.
Replace with Taylor

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 15 Oct 2013, 10:58 am

No Alpay? Bouma? Very surprised at no Olaf Mellberg Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Tue 15 Oct 2013, 11:00 am

Azzy Mahmood wrote:No Alpay? Bouma? Very surprised at no Olaf Mellberg Shocked
mcgrath was a class act (even when p!ssed) but reckon you could put a mellberg over teale

Last edited by compelling and rich on Tue 15 Oct 2013, 11:00 am; edited 1 time in total

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Tue 15 Oct 2013, 11:00 am

I've done former players.

CFCNick

http://pucksandpitchforks.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Tue 15 Oct 2013, 11:01 am

CFCNick wrote:I've done former players.
makes more sense now!

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Tue 15 Oct 2013, 11:11 am

West Ham

Bernard Lama
I bloody loved him and all the 12 games he played for us. Supreme keeper.

Tim Breacker
Consistent and solid right back. And all our other right backs have been pretty poor.

Julian Dicks
Best left back ever, and he scored goals every season. Didn't compromise on the field be it a tackle or taking a penalty.

Rio Ferdinand
Classiest English defender I've ever seen, the full package.

Slaven Bilic
Just a highly talented defender, when we had him and Rieper we were sat pretty.

Joe Cole
Bit of an idol when I was young, and a versatile footballer. Extremely gifted in possession.

Trevor Sinclair
Great signing for us, fitted in with our style and made his way to the England team with us.

Eyal Berkovic
One of my all time favourites and he got kicked in the face too.

Mark Noble
Can do it all in the middle, takes a great penalty and is a one club man...so far.

Dean Ashton
Gutted when he was injured. Really good footballer, technically excellent and he had the size to play as a striker in the PL.

Paolo Di Canio
Have to include Paolo.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 15 Oct 2013, 12:01 pm

No Steve Potts. Controversial.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Womble Tue 15 Oct 2013, 1:08 pm

Old Wimbledon
GK - Hans Segers or Neil Sullivan. Probably Sully.
DF - Terry Phelan or Warren Barton. I'll go with Barton. Although Ben Thatcher is up there.
MD - Robbie Earle. easy that one.
ST - Dean Holdsworth, John Hartson, Efan Ekoku, Fash, Corky. I'd choose Deano.

AFC Wimbledon
GK - Seb Brown - I know Sully played for us but he was way past his best.
DF - Matt Everard - Legend
MF - Harry Pell - Tough choice but Pell is a different class
ST - Jon Main, Danny Kedwell, Joe Sheerin, Kevin Cooper - Very tough to choose between Mainy and Cooper as they are both club legends. My heart says Jon Main.

The Womble
The Womble

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 15 Oct 2013, 1:19 pm

I haven't heard of any of those AFC Wimbledon players...sorry. On the Old Wimbledon ones, I always used to love watching John Scales. He was a cracking CB who never pushed on as he should have.

Robbie Earle is a legend though, a superb player who scored so many crucial goals.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Womble Tue 15 Oct 2013, 1:38 pm

Azzy Mahmood wrote:I haven't heard of any of those AFC Wimbledon players...sorry. On the Old Wimbledon ones, I always used to love watching John Scales. He was a cracking CB who never pushed on as he should have.

Robbie Earle is a legend though, a superb player who scored so many crucial goals.
Scales could have gone on to great things. We all thought that when he moved to Liverpool he would make that step up. Unfortunately, he didn't.

Robbie Earle is the man! One of my favourite former players. Plus he is the only Wimbledon FC player to score at the World Cup finals.
The Womble
The Womble

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 15 Oct 2013, 1:50 pm

I loved Oyvind Leonhardsen too, another that didn't do too well at Liverpool. They sure do know how to ruin quality players.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Womble Tue 15 Oct 2013, 1:52 pm

Ahh the wizard on the wing. Leo was a great player and a model professional as well.
The Womble
The Womble

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Tue 15 Oct 2013, 1:59 pm

compelling and rich wrote:
Azzy Mahmood wrote:No Alpay? Bouma? Very surprised at no Olaf Mellberg Shocked
mcgrath was a class act (even when p!ssed) but reckon you could put a mellberg over teale
Teale was quality.
Always felt he was underated.

Mellberg was good, but Laursen just edged him out of a bench place.

Alpay, again good, just not as good for me as McGrath & Teale.
Bouma again decent, just felt Staunton was that bit better, scored some great goals, well one or two.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster Tue 15 Oct 2013, 2:04 pm

QPR

Seaman

Mcdonald/Parker/Fenwick/Wilson

Sinton/Bowles/Francis/McLintock

Ferdinand/Bailey (Bailey simply for the hat trick at Old Trafford new years day 1992, don't care he drifted into obscurity but should probably stick Marsh in there)

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by TopoftheChops Tue 15 Oct 2013, 2:06 pm

Ipswich Town

Richard Wright
Fabian Wilnis
Gareth McAuley
Tony Mowbray
Aaron Cresswell
Kieron Dyer
Matt Holland
Giovani Dos Santos
Martijn Reuser
Darren Bent
Marcus Stewart

TopoftheChops

Back to top Go down

Post by The Womble Tue 15 Oct 2013, 2:20 pm

Roller_Coaster wrote:QPR

Seaman

Mcdonald/Parker/Fenwick/Wilson

Sinton/Bowles/Francis/McLintock

Ferdinand/Bailey (Bailey simply for the hat trick at Old Trafford new years day 1992, don't care he drifted into obscurity but should probably stick Marsh in there)
Paul Parker. Quality player!
The Womble
The Womble

Back to top Go down

Post by MIG Tue 15 Oct 2013, 2:22 pm

Neville Southall
Gary Stevens  Brian Labone  Kevin Ratcliffe  Leighton Baines
Andrei Kanchelskis  Alan Ball  Peter Reid  Kevin Sheedy
Graeme Sharp  Dixie Dean

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 15 Oct 2013, 2:27 pm

TopoftheChops wrote:Ipswich Town

Richard Wright
My most hated footballer of all time. I hope he breaks both his legs. On a side note, Gareth McAuley has been a revelation for us Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster Tue 15 Oct 2013, 2:27 pm

And at 3 foot 8 (or whatever) pretty good in the air too. Brilliant centre back for us, never thought he lived up to it at right back for United.

Shame he deflected the ball past Shilton against Germany, at least he made up for it later on by playing Lineker in for the equaliser.

To be fair QPR had some great players and the England squad around 90 ish had quite a lot of QPR or recent movers from QPR in.

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 15 Oct 2013, 2:27 pm

sodhat wrote:West Ham

Bernard Lama
I bloody loved him and all the 12 games he played for us. Supreme keeper.

Tim Breacker
Consistent and solid right back. And all our other right backs have been pretty poor.

Julian Dicks
Best left back ever, and he scored goals every season. Didn't compromise on the field be it a tackle or taking a penalty.

Rio Ferdinand
Classiest English defender I've ever seen, the full package.

Slaven Bilic
Just a highly talented defender, when we had him and Rieper we were sat pretty.

Joe Cole
Bit of an idol when I was young, and a versatile footballer. Extremely gifted in possession.

Trevor Sinclair
Great signing for us, fitted in with our style and made his way to the England team with us.

Eyal Berkovic
One of my all time favourites and he got kicked in the face too.

Mark Noble
Can do it all in the middle, takes a great penalty and is a one club man...so far.

Dean Ashton
Gutted when he was injured. Really good footballer, technically excellent and he had the size to play as a striker in the PL.

Paolo Di Canio
Have to include Paolo.
Hard to argue. Probably have Ludo in goal, Potts at right back and take out Trev for Parker and play Joey and Paolo in behind Ashton or Tevez. Foe and Carrick close. Trying to work out if I remember Cottee or not, Hartson would be on the fringes too

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 15 Oct 2013, 2:30 pm

GK - John Ruddy - Very close with Rob Green but Ruddy's come on leaps and bounds since a shaky Championship season, the first year we were up he was amazing.

RB - Russ Martin - We've never really had great RB's, then the Norfolk Cafu came along

CB'S - Seb Bassong and Malky Mackay - Just gods

LB - Adam Drury - Great servant, and although declined still best LB I've seen for us.

RM - Snoddy - Hero

CM's - Wes Hoolahan and Leroy Fer - Wessi is just amazing some of the things he can do, and although Leroy only been a short period of time here, clear to me he is a cut above anything we've ever had at CM.

LM - Darren Huckerby - Hucks what a brilliant servant and player. Legend

ST's - Grant Holt and Dean Ashton - Holty what can I say? The man goes beyond legend, my love for him will always be strong. Ashton was the best striker I've seen here in my life, what a player such a shame injury ruined him, definate England class striker

A lot of recent stuff in there, because quite frankly that's about the only time we've been good that I can remember Laugh
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 15 Oct 2013, 2:31 pm

Azzy Mahmood wrote:
TopoftheChops wrote:Ipswich Town

Richard Wright
My most hated footballer of all time. I hope he breaks both his legs. On a side note, Gareth McAuley has been a revelation for us Smile
And for us. Scored 4 OG's in his career against us old Gareth Laugh
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 15 Oct 2013, 2:41 pm

Here's me wondering where Jeremy Goss, Chris Sutton, Bryan Gunn and Ian Culverhouse are, then I realised they all retired before Olly was born.

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 15 Oct 2013, 2:42 pm

Azzy Mahmood wrote:Here's me wondering where Jeremy Goss, Chris Sutton, Bryan Gunn and Ian Culverhouse are, then I realised they all retired before Olly was born.
Way way way before my time!

I'm sure there are some I missed out, especially a RM. Need to have a proper think at some point
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by The Womble Tue 15 Oct 2013, 2:42 pm

what about Ruel Fox??
The Womble
The Womble

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Tue 15 Oct 2013, 2:43 pm

Olly wrote:GK - John Ruddy - Very close with Rob Green but Ruddy's come on leaps and bounds since a shaky Championship season, the first year we were up he was amazing.

RB - Russ Martin - We've never really had great RB's, then the Norfolk Cafu came along

CB'S - Seb Bassong and Malky Mackay - Just gods

LB - Adam Drury - Great servant, and although declined still best LB I've seen for us.

RM - Snoddy - Hero

CM's - Wes Hoolahan and Leroy Fer - Wessi is just amazing some of the things he can do, and although Leroy only been a short period of time here, clear to me he is a cut above anything we've ever had at CM.

LM - Darren Huckerby - Hucks what a brilliant servant and player. Legend

ST's - Grant Holt and Dean Ashton - Holty what can I say? The man goes beyond legend, my love for him will always be strong. Ashton was the best striker I've seen here in my life, what a player such a shame injury ruined him, definate England class striker

A lot of recent stuff in there, because quite frankly that's about the only time we've been good that I can remember Laugh
Brian Gunn
Jeremy Goss
Ruel Fox
Robert Fleck
Efan Ekoku
Mark Robbins
Ian Butterworth
David Phillips

Some other Norwich players, some were played for them in the 92/93 season, when they finished 3rd

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 15 Oct 2013, 2:45 pm

In "my lifetime" peeps. I wasn't even born when Ruel was roaming down the flanks for us!

Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Tue 15 Oct 2013, 2:55 pm

We now that, just giving you an insight into a good team you had back then.

Its a shame you were'nt alive then, to see that team. I dont think Norwich will ever finish that high in the prem your life time.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Tue 15 Oct 2013, 2:55 pm

#know

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next