The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Problem With Pink

+2
Kay Fabe
crippledtart
6 posters

Go down

The Problem With Pink Empty The Problem With Pink

Post by crippledtart Thu 17 Oct 2013, 7:52 am

My latest article for Wrestletalk focuses on what I see as the drawbacks of WWE's partnership with Susan G Komen...

http://wrestletalk.tv/development/The_Problem_With_Pink/

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

The Problem With Pink Empty Re: The Problem With Pink

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 17 Oct 2013, 9:33 am

I think its something even the most hardcore critic can overlook for a short period of time.

Also, what Stephanie and Hunter are doing to Bryan isn't for their own sadistic kicks, they're doing what they're doing to Daniel Bryan because in own their twisted logic he doesn't fit into their ideals as what a WWE Champion should look like, he's short, he's pastey, he has more facial hair than body hair, he isn't stacked, his body isn't the best, he doesn't eat meat or even own a TV, the McMahon's can't identify with that, it goes against everything they know so they're sabotaging him because they feel it's "Best For Business".

Bryan has become such a force of nature that anyone challenging the McMahon's opinion have been shut up by the regime, they don't understand it and they don't get it so they go on the offfensive when challenged, if that means using a giant in financial peril to shut up an old man who is influential or a young man with a new wife then so be it, they will shut them up.

The rise above cancer campaign is something the McMahon's can understand and can identity with and therefore is sonething that can be considered "Best for Business"

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 17 Oct 2013, 9:38 am

Thank you, KF, Gav has gone mad with grumpy old man power with this one. I applaud you for writing an article on a national website that bemoans a cancer charity initiative, but its a tiny fraction of a point.

I would ask: do you dislike heels having merchandise?

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu 17 Oct 2013, 9:40 am

I was hoping for an article about Alecia Moore myself.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Enforcer Thu 17 Oct 2013, 9:52 am

KF that sums it up perfectly imo. I tried to make that point on the podcast last night, but you have put it much more eloquently.

While heels have merchandise which can be purchased, it is a missed opportunity to raise funds if they do not 'go pink'. Now, if Randy Orton cut a promo saying how great the charity is I'd feel a little different, but while it is only the clothes it doesn't detract from the product.

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu 17 Oct 2013, 6:34 pm

Wrestletalk have pushed on their FB feed in the last hour.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Fri 18 Oct 2013, 12:18 am

It's a complete contradiction in terms though isn't it? They should keep there campaigns off TV. One minute Randy Orton is wearing pink on TV so we're suppose to think he's a good guy supporting a decent cause then the next minute he's trying to break Daniel Bryan's neck with a steel chair. Where's the consistency in that?

It's nearly as bad as Stephanie McMahon telling kids to rise up to bullies 'be a star' yet demanding a 7 ft 500lb Giant knocks out a defence less 68 year old man all because he wouldn't choose between his two sons... What's the message meant to be here?

Keep the campaigns seperate & off TV. Have babyface wrestlers with morals & integrity promote your corporate campaigns...

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down