The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are England dodging Samoa?

+18
LeinsterFan4life
Notch
stub
Jhamer25
Breadvan
Duty281
ChequeredJersey
fa0019
No 7&1/2
tigerleghorn
GloriousEmpire
aucklandlaurie
Biltong
Ozzy3213
nathan
lostinwales
quinsforever
DeludedOptimistorjustDave
22 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Are England dodging Samoa? - Page 2 Empty Are England dodging Samoa?

Post by DeludedOptimistorjustDave Thu 24 Oct 2013, 11:57 pm

First topic message reminder :

Lot's of moans from Samoans on social media how no teams ranked above them are scheduled to play them this season,a lot directed at the All Blacks being world champs in all you would expect it, but what about the richest Union England?
Why don't they play Samoa?
Scared?
Lose to many precious ranking points if they lost?
Prefer a non binding game with Pacific Island 15?
Not enough money in it?

Back to top Go down

Are England dodging Samoa? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are England dodging Samoa?

Post by The Saint Fri 25 Oct 2013, 6:51 pm

You shouldn't talk to people in such a condescending manner. I'm sure you wouldn't do it in person? And if youre peed off at a poster then aim your rubbish posts at him instead of an entire people. Not sure why I need to explain this....

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by tigerleghorn Fri 25 Oct 2013, 7:03 pm

The Saint wrote:You shouldn't talk to people in such a condescending manner. I'm sure you wouldn't do it in person? And if youre peed off at a poster then aim your rubbish posts at him instead of an entire people. Not sure why I need to explain this....
OK, point taken, although I don't remember having a pop against an entire people tbh. Is'nt your last sentence condescending?

As someone said earlier, if you're gonna wum against England (and you're Welsh) it might be better to choose a different team to Samoa.

tigerleghorn

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Fri 25 Oct 2013, 7:05 pm

Yeah I can see how that would be condescending, which I knew when I typed it. I thought it helped my point though. Yeah I agree, it's a poor wum!

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by tigerleghorn Fri 25 Oct 2013, 7:08 pm

The Saint wrote:Yeah I can see how that would be condescending, which I knew when I typed it. I thought it helped my point though. Yeah I agree, it's a poor wum!
No worries Saint

tigerleghorn

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Fri 25 Oct 2013, 7:09 pm

FFS, deluded picked that battleground, namely Samoa. the people he chose to fight have merely been pointing out what a poor choice of battleground that was. not one single comment against "an entire people". just a litany of historical facts a.k.a results.

by defending deluded, you have just shown that its nationality, and not rationality which float your boat.

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Fri 25 Oct 2013, 7:25 pm

Broken Record someone needs to chill. I wasn't trying to wum anyone on this occassion either.

angel 

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by tigerleghorn Fri 25 Oct 2013, 7:35 pm

The Saint wrote:Broken Record someone needs to chill. I wasn't trying to wum anyone on this occassion either.

angel 
I agree you weren't wumming and tbh I was a little more conciliatory given our previous. The posts on here that you've taken exception to were as a result of Views/deluded original post......you decide Gareth.

tigerleghorn

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Fri 25 Oct 2013, 7:39 pm

That was aimed at quins, he seems to be on edge from a couple of my posts this evening. Headscratch 

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by tigerleghorn Fri 25 Oct 2013, 7:47 pm

The Saint wrote:That was aimed at quins, he seems to be on edge from a couple of my posts this evening. Headscratch 
His response to you was a result of you perceiving an anti-Welsh English thread. just read it from the beginning and see how primitive a wum it was!

Tbh, it wasn't hard to respond to from an English perspective. Even your old wums were more convincing! Wink 

tigerleghorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Jhamer25 Fri 25 Oct 2013, 8:58 pm

tigerleghorn wrote:
Jhamer25 wrote:
nathan wrote:
DeludedOptimistorjustDave wrote:I remember Woodwards England fielding 16 players to scrape past Samoa in the 2003 glory cup.
i don't remember Wales having any glory at the World Cup.....

Why don't Wales play Samoa? Wales often put an extra international on to make an extra few pennies, would make sense as clearly Samoa and Wales both need it.
Oh got into a wrold cu final did you, sorry couldn't remember, what was it 10 year ago. What since.
3 Grands Slams
A six nations Championship
And  quarter Final in the most current world cup
Oh no thats us sorry thumbsup 
boxing 
Actually it was three World Cup finals son.
Oh I got a bite haha Are England dodging Samoa? - Page 2 1347041234 

Jhamer25

Back to top Go down

Post by DeludedOptimistorjustDave Fri 25 Oct 2013, 9:32 pm

Three finals i love that line,"look mummy look i failed three times, i know dear but at least you tried/lost/who really gives a !!!!/clutching at straws/winning is all that matters.

So Samoa seems a sore subject for the English,agreed? yes agreed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Sat 26 Oct 2013, 9:17 am

Lol view, you scamp.
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by stub Sat 26 Oct 2013, 10:54 am

Top class entertainment!

stub

Back to top Go down

Post by tigerleghorn Sat 26 Oct 2013, 11:01 am

stub wrote:Top class entertainment!
Yes, top class sophistication, funny in the extreme.

tigerleghorn

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sat 26 Oct 2013, 11:09 am

I'd like to see us play Samoa again. Be nice to build up to a home World Cup beating all of the top 10 nations in the world
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by stub Sat 26 Oct 2013, 11:10 am

TLH - This is one of those chuckle aloud threads where the wums are so badly conceived they are truly funny. It's difficult to work out the psychology of the wum posters however... That would probably be a tad disturbing...

stub

Back to top Go down

Post by tigerleghorn Sat 26 Oct 2013, 12:37 pm

stub wrote:TLH - This is one of those chuckle aloud threads where the wums are so badly conceived they are truly funny. It's difficult to work out the psychology of the wum posters however... That would probably be a tad disturbing...

No probs with funny wums, GE or GG used to be funny. It's a bit boring when, like this thread, someone tries to wum on a subject which doesn't work on any level. England never having lost to Samoa being wummed by a Welshman who's team have been beaten to embarrassing degrees several times by that team. Maybe there was some high level irony going on but I somehow doubt it.

tigerleghorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sat 26 Oct 2013, 2:08 pm

You know what? This is a WUM thread but it IS shameful that Samoa have only one test against a top tier nation. Their test rugby is Ireland and Georgia this autumn.

Right now Samoa are a better side than many Six Nations sides and they should be playing another test or two against them because those would be excellent, competitive, close games for the fans.

I don't think Scotland or England or France or Italy want to play them. I think they know they could lose, and the fixture won't bring in enough money to compensate for that. Wales, in fairness to them, have had Samoa in the autumn a few times recently so I'll give them a pass.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Sat 26 Oct 2013, 2:43 pm

Notch wrote:You know what? This is a WUM thread but it IS shameful that Samoa have only one test against a top tier nation. Their test rugby is Ireland and Georgia this autumn.

Right now Samoa are a better side than many Six Nations sides and they should be playing another test or two against them because those would be excellent, competitive, close games for the fans.

I don't think Scotland or England or France or Italy want to play them. I think they know they could lose, and the fixture won't bring in enough money to compensate for that. Wales, in fairness to them, have had Samoa in the autumn a few times recently so I'll give them a pass.
+1. They have already completely humilated Italy and beat Scotland with ease. Scots fans will say they were missing players but Samoa were missing guys such as Fatuli'i and Tekori.

They have a real chance of beating us this Autumn too. To be fair to France they played them last year (Samoa nearly won that game) and are playing Tonga this year.

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by Toadfish Sat 26 Oct 2013, 3:12 pm

Notch wrote:You know what? This is a WUM thread but it IS shameful that Samoa have only one test against a top tier nation. Their test rugby is Ireland and Georgia this autumn.

England want to play them and are, next autumn. It's already scheduled.

Toadfish

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 26 Oct 2013, 3:36 pm

So what we're saying is that Wales play them often, Scotland played them last year in SA, as did Italy, Ireland are playing them this year, and England next year. Struggling to see what the problem is to be honest.

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Sat 26 Oct 2013, 3:52 pm

Its 1 off games except for last summer. Thats the problem. They are only playing 1 game this autumn which is a joke considering Tonga are getting to play 2.

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Sat 26 Oct 2013, 3:57 pm

Everyone wants to play the big 3, which is understandable for a good few reasons. Then there's Argentina. If nobody plays the Argies then people will be complaining about that. I'm just glad Wales are doing their bit for WORLD RUGBY.

Hopefully there will be another sort of tournament in the SH sometime in the future, featuring Italy, Samoa, Fiji and Tonga. I would have liked to have seen a similar tourny to the Quadrangular one recently hosted by SA more regularly.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by whocares Sat 26 Oct 2013, 4:18 pm

Instead of playing NZ 3 times back in june I would have prefered that France played NZ twice and Samoa once in Auckland (where they have a big community). Would add a bit of variety to the tour (and there is not much more to learn from an extra defeat to the ABs anyway).

whocares

Back to top Go down

Post by WELL-PAST-IT Sat 26 Oct 2013, 5:47 pm

I thought he had been capped by the Eagles, great player. Probably the best lock in the AP.Whistle 
WELL-PAST-IT
WELL-PAST-IT

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2