The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Outrage as Gatland drops O'Driscoll from Wales team

+21
Mickado
aucklandlaurie
DeludedOptimistorjustDave
RDSguru
Hound of Harrow
doctor_grey
Jenifer McLadyboy
Casartelli
Cyril
ScarletSpiderman
Barney McGrew did it
Luckless Pedestrian
Knowsit17
rodders
LordDowlais
GunsGerms
jimmyinthewell68
Artful_Dodger
SecretFly
GloriousEmpire
BigWilly
25 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Outrage as Gatland drops O'Driscoll from Wales team Empty Outrage as Gatland drops O'Driscoll from Wales team

Post by BigWilly Tue 05 Nov 2013, 2:25 pm

Breaking news:

Warren Gatland has controversially left Brian O’Driscoll out of the Wales team to face South Africa this weekend.

Keith Wood is expected shortly to make a characteristically balanced announcement denouncing this disgraceful move.

Gatland justified his decision by highlighting BOD's lack of welshness, namely a dislike of lamb, laverbread and leeks

BigWilly

Back to top Go down

Outrage as Gatland drops O'Driscoll from Wales team Empty Re: Outrage as Gatland drops O'Driscoll from Wales team

Post by GloriousEmpire Tue 05 Nov 2013, 2:46 pm

laughing 

GloriousEmpire

Back to top Go down

Outrage as Gatland drops O'Driscoll from Wales team Empty Re: Outrage as Gatland drops O'Driscoll from Wales team

Post by SecretFly Tue 05 Nov 2013, 2:55 pm

Gatland showing his true colours again, the egomaniac son of a................

Maybe now, everyone will finally see that it was always his plan to end BOD's International career in favour of Davies.

I blame Regionalisation.  It's never worked.  The fans want their clubs back.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful_Dodger Tue 05 Nov 2013, 3:06 pm

Seeing an almost carbon copy of this post on a lot of rugby boards.  Its ironic that the Irish are accused of moaning about this as a lot of Welsh fans seem determined to keep the O'Driscoll dropped from Lions theme going indefinitely.

Artful_Dodger

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmyinthewell68 Tue 05 Nov 2013, 3:12 pm

more hate twitters coming JD2 way . lets hope BOD can get into the Irish squad at least Very Happy 

jimmyinthewell68

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Tue 05 Nov 2013, 3:13 pm

The only reason this story keeps rumbling on is that someone as high profile as BOD will always attract a small contingent of jealous grumblers.

Mind you if O'Driscoll was picked for Wales they might actually beat SA for once (more than once in their history). BOD has tasted victory v SA on at least three occasions. Thats two times more that Wales have ever won v SA.

Last edited by GunsGerms on Tue 05 Nov 2013, 3:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 05 Nov 2013, 3:18 pm

Good math

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Tue 05 Nov 2013, 3:20 pm

Risca Rev wrote:Good math
AAaaaaaaarrrrghhhhhh, come on Risca, the word is MATHS, we are not living in America, stop Americanising things, the word is MATHS.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Tue 05 Nov 2013, 3:22 pm

Bad math then?
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmyinthewell68 Tue 05 Nov 2013, 3:23 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
AAaaaaaaarrrrghhhhhh, come on Risca, the word is MATHS, we are not living in America, stop Americanising things, the word is MATHS.
quite right . next you be saying on a infringement at the lineout ,they was clearly elevating him

jimmyinthewell68

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Tue 05 Nov 2013, 3:24 pm

GunsGerms wrote:The only reason this story keeps rumbling on is that someone as high profile as BOD will always attract a small contingent of jealous grumblers.

Mind you if O'Driscoll was picked for Wales they might actually beat SA for once (more than once in their history). BOD has tasted victory v SA on at least three occasions. Thats twice more that Wales have ever won v SA.
What's to be jealous of?

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 05 Nov 2013, 3:27 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
I love Americanizing things though Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Tue 05 Nov 2013, 3:31 pm

jimmyinthewell68 wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:
              quite right . next you be saying on a infringement at the lineout       ,they was clearly elevating him
I have always called them lifts, not elevators, lifts, the same with fenders, what the feck does fender mean, where the feck did it come from ? That part of the car is called the WING. The back of the car is called the BOOT not the trunk, and the front of the car is called the BONNET not the hood. Alcohol is called ALCOHOL not liquer, crisps are called crisps, not chips. CHIPS are called chips, not French fries, what the feck is french about a chip. I have to stop now or I could still be here tommorow ranting about this.steam 

Laugh

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Tue 05 Nov 2013, 3:36 pm

LordDowlais wrote:what the feck is french about a chip.
Laugh

That's the funniest thing I've read on here all day! clap

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Barney McGrew did it Tue 05 Nov 2013, 3:38 pm

BigWilly wrote:Breaking news:

Warren Gatland has controversially left Brian O’Driscoll out of the Wales team to face South Africa this weekend.

Keith Wood is expected shortly to make a characteristically balanced announcement denouncing this disgraceful move.

Gatland justified his decision by highlighting BOD's lack of welshness, namely a dislike of lamb, laverbread and leeks
Hmmm, pretty sure when gats last left him out when Wales played down-under it was because he thought he wasn't good enough.
Barney McGrew did it
Barney McGrew did it

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Tue 05 Nov 2013, 3:39 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
jimmyinthewell68 wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:
              quite right . next you be saying on a infringement at the lineout       ,they was clearly elevating him
I have always called them lifts, not elevators, lifts, the same with fenders, what the feck does fender mean, where the feck did it come from ? That part of the car is called the WING. The back of the car is called the BOOT not the trunk, and the front of the car is called the BONNET not the hood. Alcohol is called ALCOHOL not liquer, crisps are called crisps, not chips. CHIPS are called chips, not French fries, what the feck is french about a chip. I have to stop now or I could still be here tommorow ranting about this.steam 

Laugh
Me and the misses have had some huge arguments when she was teaching my daughter her ABCs, and when the wife got to the end of it she said ZEE!! I went on a rant for ages about getting it right, and that she is from England, surely she should know how to use the language right etc etc etc. And then she said to me " you says tom-are-toes, and I says tom-ate-ohs!". Lets just say that didn't help things at all.

On a side note: when I told my dad that story, he told me that he had an American as an English teacher in school, and that the teacher was good and never used the American-English but the correct English, except fo once when a girl was misbehaving in class and the teacher told her to "behave of he would smack her <American for backside> in front of the whole class", which didn't go down to well apparently.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Tue 05 Nov 2013, 3:40 pm

Barney, please for the love of god, do not turn this thread serious, have a rant about something else, like I did, it feels good to get things off your chest.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Tue 05 Nov 2013, 3:42 pm

Ok, lets turn this thread into how the Americans should use the English language, after all I am Welsh, and I use it like the English who invented it do. This could be fun.angel 

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 05 Nov 2013, 3:45 pm

Barney McGrew did it wrote:

Hmmm, pretty sure when gats last left him out when Wales played down-under it was because he thought he wasn't good enough.
I thought it was because BOD's Moon was in Venus??!!!  And Gats couldn't sleep a wink thinking about the tough decision he'd have to make in the morning as a consequence of astrological bad karma

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Tue 05 Nov 2013, 3:48 pm

This is all Sesame Street's fault.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by Casartelli Tue 05 Nov 2013, 3:50 pm

The whole 'Freedom Fries' thing was funny.

Not the terrorism bit - the anti French stuff. (Not because it was the French, but because the reasoning was so mad etc).

Casartelli

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Tue 05 Nov 2013, 4:13 pm

Cyril wrote:This is all Sesame Street's fault.
I could not agree with you more, as I was typing my rant all I could think of was sesame street, I was even going to add it to my post but I did not think people would know what I was on about.Laugh 

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 05 Nov 2013, 4:43 pm

You were going to 'add' it to your post?

As in the symbol: + ?

I was watching Captain Pugwash when they were showing the + symbol Sesame Street episode ...and could never 'add' since.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmyinthewell68 Tue 05 Nov 2013, 5:11 pm

talking of Americans , when i was in school an American preacher come to visit and talked about drugs and the devil and how rock vinyl records had messages in them if you played them backwards ( he actually did this but i just heard noise or what the kids call dance music today ) anyway he said drug come downs are a bu*mer which suddenly bought 200 adolescents laughing their heads off

jimmyinthewell68

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 05 Nov 2013, 5:19 pm

...and your school let him in????

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmyinthewell68 Tue 05 Nov 2013, 5:25 pm

SecretFly wrote:...and your school let him in????  
yeah come to think of it , it was strange . one of the songs he played was another one bites the dust by queen

jimmyinthewell68

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Tue 05 Nov 2013, 5:26 pm

I think you'll find that a "Fender" is actually a Bumper and not a wing.

Just saying like.......

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Tue 05 Nov 2013, 5:27 pm

Dirty Rotten Bastareud.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound of Harrow Tue 05 Nov 2013, 5:56 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:
Laugh

Me too!

Smile

Hound of Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by RDSguru Tue 05 Nov 2013, 6:28 pm

Hound of Harrow wrote:
Laugh

Me too!

Smile

Seems Gatland has a large French Fry on his shoulder!

RDSguru

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 05 Nov 2013, 6:36 pm

RDSguru wrote:
Hound of Harrow wrote:
Laugh

Me too!

Smile

Seems Gatland has a large French Fry on his shoulder!
And that whoops it! Yahoo

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Tue 05 Nov 2013, 6:41 pm

If that's the case then I wonder what Keith Wood has on his?

I could suggest an answer but there's a substantial chance the odd couple of Irish posters might take it the wrong way.

Wouldn't be the first time Run 

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by RDSguru Tue 05 Nov 2013, 6:44 pm

Knowsit17 wrote:If that's the case then I wonder what Keith Wood has on his?

I could suggest an answer but there's a substantial chance the odd couple of Irish posters might take it the wrong way.

Well if they do, tough.. go on, spill it... I'm in need of a laff

RDSguru

Back to top Go down

Post by RDSguru Tue 05 Nov 2013, 6:46 pm

... don't know what Woods has on his shoulder? Could be the egg dripping off his face laughing 

RDSguru

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 05 Nov 2013, 6:48 pm

Knowsit17 wrote:If that's the case then I wonder what Keith Wood has on his?

So the two of them together would be the beginnings of a hearty Irish breakfast??? What's your point? Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Tue 05 Nov 2013, 6:51 pm

It won't sound very funny now that I've taken the trouble of dramatising it slightly but that was intended as an implication of Wood having an entire intact potato sprouting from his shoulder.

Is there no cricket chirp smiley to compound my lame sense of humour?

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by RDSguru Tue 05 Nov 2013, 6:55 pm

Outrage as Gatland drops O'Driscoll from Wales team Awkward-cricket-chirp-811992-1-s-307x512

RDSguru

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Tue 05 Nov 2013, 6:56 pm

Thank you, that's perfect!

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 05 Nov 2013, 6:57 pm

Yeah..I was betting on egg on face to continue the analogy along..... damn sometimes ...running... Whistle  jokes don't just work out!

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Tue 05 Nov 2013, 7:00 pm

It was a dream opening but again I let myself down, no tremendous deviation from the norm there furious Crying or Very sad 

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by RDSguru Tue 05 Nov 2013, 7:00 pm

So far we have egg and frys.... some mushrooms grow on wood too?

Got to go eat....

RDSguru

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Tue 05 Nov 2013, 7:57 pm

Some of the puns just don't cut the mustard.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Tue 05 Nov 2013, 8:03 pm

On the breakfast theme...

Hash Made of Brown Touchline Ruling

(gets coat and runs away chased by angry mob)

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmyinthewell68 Tue 05 Nov 2013, 9:26 pm

there a full English joke there somewhere just can't think of it

jimmyinthewell68

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Tue 05 Nov 2013, 9:37 pm

jimmyinthewell68 wrote:there a full English joke there somewhere just can't think of it
Nobody complained when Lancaster selected a ful english side
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by DeludedOptimistorjustDave Tue 05 Nov 2013, 9:57 pm

Laugh 

DeludedOptimistorjustDave

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Wed 06 Nov 2013, 8:58 am

Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:I think you'll find that a "Fender" is actually a Bumper and not a wing.

Just saying like.......
I think you are wrong on this one, I was getting my hair off when watching Wheeler Deelers the other day when Mike Brewer was out in the states looking for a car, and he needed a new wing, but he was teasing them saying they call them fenders over there and he was telling them they were wrong to call them such a thing. You go Mike.Yahoo 

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Wed 06 Nov 2013, 8:59 am

A fender is a mudguard....

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Wed 06 Nov 2013, 9:01 am

A Fender is a guitar.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Wed 06 Nov 2013, 9:05 am

this is also a Fender

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Qu8RPvhP-U

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next