The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

England v New Zealand match thread

+90
madmaccas
Coltnet
FunBus
protea438
Golden
EnglishReign
TJ
Heaf
Breadvan
ALPanorak
21st Century Schizoid Man
Artful_Dodger
wrfc1980
Gunner
stub
Toohey
BigWilly
Nachos Jones
maestegmafia
Chjw131
alfie
Tiger/Chief
AFewTooManyKnocks
mystiroakey
Mr Bounce
thomh
Geordie
Toadfish
Hound of Harrow
aucklandlaurie
Mad for Chelsea
TrailApe
yappysnap
little_badger
HongKongCherry
Cowshot
butterfingers
nganboy
tigerleghorn
kingelderfield
Casartelli
jamesandimac
Cyril
Alex_Germany
BamBam
Barney McGrew did it
funnyExiledScot
doctor_grey
Rugby Fan
Exiledinborders
nobbled
whocares
Bathman_in_London
Big
rodders
Luckless Pedestrian
nathan
fa0019
Cumbrian
Triangulation
sirtidychris
Poorfour
Bullsbok
gregortree
Scrumpy
No 7&1/2
lostinwales
englandglory4ever
beshocked
hugehandoff
Pal Joey
Ozzy3213
rainbow-warrior
kiakahaaotearoa
The Fourth Lion
kingraf
majesticimperialman
Biltong
Otagolad
GloriousEmpire
Hood83
Icu
Taylorman
king_carlos
The Saint
GunsGerms
Duty281
blackcanelion
ChequeredJersey
quinsforever
94 posters

Page 21 of 21 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 19, 20, 21

Go down

England v New Zealand match thread - Page 21 Empty England v New Zealand match thread

Post by quinsforever Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:12 pm

First topic message reminder :

2.30pm at Twickenham on Saturday.

Betfair has england 5:1 against. Sounds about right to me.

Are NZ wearing black this time? I hope so. don't think France or anyone else found the Haka quite the same performed in what looked like white gym T-shirts.

My prediction, fwiw (and i know that's not much), NZ to win by 6, england to dominate at scrums, lineouts 50:50, 60% possession England but Joubert tough (but predictable and consistent) on holding on means isolated possession gives NZ the scoring edge from penalties, and NZ classically more clinical with open/broken field possession.

Really looking forwards to it though.

Anyone going?

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

England v New Zealand match thread - Page 21 Empty Re: England v New Zealand match thread

Post by quinsforever Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:44 pm

Jhamer25 wrote:First of all i Hate Owen Farrell the cocky little censored. Who the censored does he think he is pushing Cruden like that?

Anyway unlucky England a really hard battle and i take my hat's off to you.
Personally I though Joe Marler was amazing and if you had won should have had MOM. He absolutely destroyed Franks at scrum time - well done sir.

We (northern hemisphere) are really close to cracking the big two southern hemisphere team but keep falling at the last hurdle
Just this Autumn now
Wales
England
and France have all come so close yet again this Autumn but have fallen in the last 15 minutes.
Sadly for you you are great at the breakdown but the All blacks are just that bit better which is what won them the game.

Well dont to the All blacks though they really are the best. Weren't there best today but still showed why they are the best

france and england have come close vs new zealand. wales were flattered by their scoreline vs south africa.

i like that farrell is abrasive and not bending over and showing excessive respect to the all blacks. fantastic to see. and cruden acknowledged he shouldnt have been arguing with joubert while farrell wanted to take a kick and there was only 10mins on the clock.

i get so bored of hearing people say the ABs "weren't at their best today", as if their opposition had nothing to do with it. picard 

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

England v New Zealand match thread - Page 21 Empty Re: England v New Zealand match thread

Post by Jhamer25 Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:47 pm

quinsforever wrote:
Jhamer25 wrote:First of all i Hate Owen Farrell the cocky little censored. Who the censored does he think he is pushing Cruden like that?

Anyway unlucky England a really hard battle and i take my hat's off to you.
Personally I though Joe Marler was amazing and if you had won should have had MOM. He absolutely destroyed Franks at scrum time - well done sir.

We (northern hemisphere) are really close to cracking the big two southern hemisphere team but keep falling at the last hurdle
Just this Autumn now
Wales
England
and France have all come so close yet again this Autumn but have fallen in the last 15 minutes.
Sadly for you you are great at the breakdown but the All blacks are just that bit better which is what won them the game.

Well dont to the All blacks though they really are the best. Weren't there best today but still showed why they are the best

france and england have come close vs new zealand. wales were flattered by their scoreline vs south africa.

i like that farrell is abrasive and not bending over and showing excessive respect to the all blacks. fantastic to see. and cruden acknowledged he shouldnt have been arguing with joubert while farrell wanted to take a kick and there was only 10mins on the clock.

i get so bored of hearing people say the ABs "weren't at their best today", as if their opposition had nothing to do with it. picard 
Yawn. What ever

Flattered by South Africa haha

Keep going England v New Zealand match thread - Page 21 1347041234 

Jhamer25

Back to top Go down

Post by Hood83 Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:50 pm

yappysnap wrote:Man those All Blacks are good!!

Well done to England first of all. A really good game and I don't think anyone could argue if we had won it.

Positives: The starting pack look able to mix it with the best, we finally have that magic word; BALANCE. A lot of praise has to go to Rowntree for crafting the best England 8 of the last decade out of players that we all had some question marks about.

Negatives: Still quite a few sadly. Nothing huge but the backline balance isn't quite there. You get the feeling that even with Manu in there nothing really would have changed. The tactics for the backs aren't quite right yet but there is at least an idea of where we're going now. Lineout without Hartley is now just a minefield, Youngs can't play for England until he can hit his jumpers and Parling doesn't do enough to justify his place. Farrell is way off the attacking threat needed but if he can fix his tactical kicking he still might give enough for us. I'd take an ultra solid Farrell over any of the other options at the moment. Tomkins isn't our answer as back up to Manu. Although i'm not sure with the current tactics any 13 will look great, he just wanders in and out of games.

Still well done NZ, some stunning skills on display. And well done England, a brilliant performance but just not quite enough.
I reckon SA would still batter our pack at the moment. I think against everyone we're probably OK. But as good as Lawes and Launchbury are playing, I think we need a bigger lock AND a more powerful 6 at least against the Boks. Their pack is frightening.

Hood83

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:54 pm

The 100% thing looks on the cards with Ireland really letting some soft tries in today. Abs will be happy to get this win and looks like from most comments England see a lot of positives from this match- hard to tell how some perceive a loss. Definitely one England could have won with the ABs having to pull out some big moves to cap it off.

Bit strange now this ones out of the way as it feels like we werent looking at anything beyond this match.

England and the RC next year the world cup year. Suddenly feels such a long time to wait...

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:58 pm

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 21 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 19, 20, 21