The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nominations for player of the year are out

+22
aucklandlaurie
The Great Aukster
Luckless Pedestrian
kingraf
GunsGerms
beshocked
blackcanelion
rainbow-warrior
Biltong
LuvSports!
quinsforever
TJ
Notch
Bullsbok
Taylorman
Scratch
doctor_grey
bedfordwelsh
Nachos Jones
theslosty
BigTrevsbigmac
littlejohn
26 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Irb player of the year should be

Nominations for player of the year are out - Page 2 Vote_lcap68%Nominations for player of the year are out - Page 2 Vote_rcap 68% 
[ 19 ]
Nominations for player of the year are out - Page 2 Vote_lcap25%Nominations for player of the year are out - Page 2 Vote_rcap 25% 
[ 7 ]
Nominations for player of the year are out - Page 2 Vote_lcap4%Nominations for player of the year are out - Page 2 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 1 ]
Nominations for player of the year are out - Page 2 Vote_lcap3%Nominations for player of the year are out - Page 2 Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 28

Nominations for player of the year are out - Page 2 Empty Nominations for player of the year are out

Post by littlejohn Sat 23 Nov 2013, 09:03

First topic message reminder :

Not much surprises on the short list, with 1/2P and Read most peoples favourites for getting the title.

Nominees: Eben Etzebeth (South Africa), Leigh Halfpenny (Wales and British and Irish Lions), Sergio Parisse (Italy), Kieran Read (New Zealand) and Ben Smith (New Zealand).

Disappointed Jean De Villiers didn't make it - has had a fantastic season both in S15 and the Rugby Championship and would be no. 3 in my players of the year, behind 1/2P and Read overall the best player of the year.

Edit: Added poll to get 606 non-partisan views - yeah right!

Last edited by littlejohn on Wed 27 Nov 2013, 08:52; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added poll)

littlejohn

Back to top Go down

Nominations for player of the year are out - Page 2 Empty Re: Nominations for player of the year are out

Post by Scratch Thu 28 Nov 2013, 06:00

Half's year has been breathtaking, 6 Nations Player of the Tournament, Lions Player of the Tournament, nominated for the IRB POTY, the RPA and now nominated for the BBC Sports Personality of the Year.

Scratch

Back to top Go down

Nominations for player of the year are out - Page 2 Empty Re: Nominations for player of the year are out

Post by Standulstermen Thu 28 Nov 2013, 08:47

Halfpennys been great but Read should take this by a country mile

Standulstermen

Back to top Go down

Post by littlejohn Thu 28 Nov 2013, 09:07

Scratch wrote:Half's year has been breathtaking, 6 Nations Player of the Tournament, Lions Player of the Tournament, nominated for the IRB POTY, the RPA and now nominated for the BBC Sports Personality of the Year.

Is there a welsh player of the year award? Would be funny if they gave it to JD2 or Tipuric....

littlejohn

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Mon 02 Dec 2013, 12:22

the Wal - Aus match confirmed that 1/2P is just not the finished article at FB, and indeed would probably not be many people's 1st choice FB in a world team (Folau won saturday's encounter hands down). The only real break he made returning a kick was when gethin jenkins clearly blocked the kick chaser. Was 1/2P carrying a slight injury or did he pick something up during the match?

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by R!skysports Mon 02 Dec 2013, 14:13

Not sure it will make much of a difference but I thought H/P had a poor game this weekend. He was skinned several times on one on ones and did not really impose himself

Did he pick up an injury?

R!skysports

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Mon 02 Dec 2013, 15:43

Goodness...he plays poorly so an injury is assumed....

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Mon 02 Dec 2013, 15:49

taylorman i'm absolutely not defending 1/2P, calm down. he gave up kicking duties after he hit one without his usual trajectory so i think he did pick up a knock or something.

i have been 100% of the opinion Read should get the award all along.

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by GloriousEmpire Mon 02 Dec 2013, 15:51

quinsforever wrote:...he gave up kicking duties after he hit one without his usual trajectory so i think he did pick up a knock or something...

picard 

He injured his pride and hurt his feelings and severely bruised his ego, I believe.

GloriousEmpire

Back to top Go down

Post by R!skysports Mon 02 Dec 2013, 16:52

Taylorman wrote:Goodness...he plays poorly so an injury is assumed....
Goodness...he stopped the kicking duties and had lots of strapping on his leg.. I observe and ask questions

R!skysports

Back to top Go down

Post by fa0019 Mon 02 Dec 2013, 17:03

Halfpenny was smashed at one point no? when he took a high ball and had 1 toe on the floor, the rest in the air and was then t-boned by someone. Isn't that when he got injured? Not saying it was illegal... but 0.001 seconds sooner and it would have been.

The guy has missed many big shots before as have everyone...Steyn, Wilkinson, Carter the lot. One miss wouldn't put him off.

fa0019

Back to top Go down

Post by fa0019 Mon 02 Dec 2013, 17:06

Isn't that what you guys say everytime you lose a match???

Food poisoning... check
Norovirus.... check
Ebola.... next on the list of excuses.

Smile only kidding wee man.

fa0019

Back to top Go down

Post by R!skysports Mon 02 Dec 2013, 17:24

fa0019 wrote:
Isn't that what you guys say everytime you lose a match???

Food poisoning... check
Norovirus.... check
Ebola.... next on the list of excuses.

Smile only kidding wee man.
The French..check :-)

R!skysports

Back to top Go down

Post by fa0019 Mon 02 Dec 2013, 17:29

my favourite is sean fitzpatricks excuses into why NZ hadn't won the world cup since 1987 (was prior to 2011).

91 - we were complacent
95 - poisoned.
99 - we were complacent
03 - we were complacent
07 - we were complacent

never a mention of another side being simply better at the time. Then again, winners often have that sort of attitude.

fa0019

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Mon 02 Dec 2013, 17:30

fa0019 wrote:Hal

The guy has missed many big shots before as have everyone...Steyn, Wilkinson, Carter the lot. One miss wouldn't put him off.
bigger actually...two of em... and you can add Sexton to that list...

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Mon 02 Dec 2013, 17:31

fa0019 wrote:my favourite is sean fitzpatricks excuses into why NZ hadn't won the world cup since 1987 (was prior to 2011).

91 - we were complacent
95 - poisoned.
99 - we were complacent
03 - we were complacent
07 - we were complacent

never a mention of another side being simply better at the time. Then again, winners often have that sort of attitude.
geez...wrong side of the bed this morning fa?

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Mon 02 Dec 2013, 17:35

Taylorman wrote:
fa0019 wrote:Hal

bigger actually...two of em... and you can add Sexton to that list...
Thanks for reminding us.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by GloriousEmpire Mon 02 Dec 2013, 17:44

fa0019 wrote:my favourite is sean fitzpatricks excuses into why NZ hadn't won the world cup since 1987 (was prior to 2011).

91 - we were complacent
95 - poisoned.
99 - we were complacent
03 - we were complacent
07 - we were complacent

No I like this new Warburton line.

I just don't think winning another RWC was a motivation for us.

GloriousEmpire

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch Mon 02 Dec 2013, 17:47

GloriousEmpire wrote:

91 - we were complacent
95 - poisoned.
99 - we were complacent
03 - we were complacent
07 - we were complacent

No I like this new Warburton line.

I just don't think winning another RWC was a motivation for us.
Least he didn't say he had a runny nose GE

Scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by R!skysports Mon 02 Dec 2013, 18:12

91 - we were complacent
95 - poisoned.
99 - we were complacent
03 - we were complacent
07 - we were complacent

2011 - we had our own ref (at home)

PS - Only joking kiss

R!skysports

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Mon 02 Dec 2013, 18:29

91 - we were complacent
95 - poisoned.
99 - we were complacent
03 - we were complacent
07 - we were complacent

Think was more like:
91 - we were beaten by a great Oz side
95 - poisoned.
99 - we were beaten by a great French comeback
03 - we were beaten by an average Oz side
07 - Barnes/ Kaplan

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by Bullsbok Mon 02 Dec 2013, 18:47

Taylorman wrote:

91 - we were complacent
95 - poisoned.
99 - we were complacent
03 - we were complacent
07 - we were complacent

Think was more like:
91 - we were beaten by a great Oz side
95 - poisoned.
99 - we were beaten by a great French comeback
03 - we were beaten by an average Oz side
07 - Barnes/ Kaplan

Aunt Suzie's poison must have lead to the choking ....
Bullsbok
Bullsbok

Back to top Go down

Post by littlejohn Tue 03 Dec 2013, 23:13

Well done to Read winning it, worth highlighting that all nominees had a great season too. Anyone know if there was a second and third place?

Folau is my prediction for next season. ...

littlejohn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2