The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bellew v Stevenson: Poll & Discussion

+18
BallchinianMuffwig
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Steffan
hogey
JabMachineMK2
Gerry SA
Soldier_Of_Fortune
milkyboy
Mr Bounce
TRUSSMAN66
mobilemaster8
KingMonkey
BoxingFan88
Strongback
jimdig
spencerclarke
kingraf
Seanusarrilius
22 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Bellew v Stevenson

Bellew v Stevenson: Poll & Discussion Vote_lcap3%Bellew v Stevenson: Poll & Discussion Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 1 ]
Bellew v Stevenson: Poll & Discussion Vote_lcap0%Bellew v Stevenson: Poll & Discussion Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Bellew v Stevenson: Poll & Discussion Vote_lcap16%Bellew v Stevenson: Poll & Discussion Vote_rcap 16% 
[ 5 ]
Bellew v Stevenson: Poll & Discussion Vote_lcap0%Bellew v Stevenson: Poll & Discussion Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Bellew v Stevenson: Poll & Discussion Vote_lcap52%Bellew v Stevenson: Poll & Discussion Vote_rcap 52% 
[ 16 ]
Bellew v Stevenson: Poll & Discussion Vote_lcap23%Bellew v Stevenson: Poll & Discussion Vote_rcap 23% 
[ 7 ]
Bellew v Stevenson: Poll & Discussion Vote_lcap6%Bellew v Stevenson: Poll & Discussion Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 31

Bellew v Stevenson: Poll & Discussion Empty Bellew v Stevenson: Poll & Discussion

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 26 Nov 2013, 7:20 pm

So, moving on.

How doess Tony fair this weekend? I know he has flattered to deceive in previous fights, with his mouth making a bit of a mockery of his performances. but, he is not a bad fighter, IMO. I think he has a great double jab, decent, if not one punch knockout power and can go twelve rounds. That said, Stevenson is having a hell of a year. Those who said Dawson was a lucky punch had to reevaluate that after seeing him exhibit good boxing ability in his destruction of Cloud. However, we don't know how Stevenson will fair if he can't get Bellew out early. He has struggled against the like of Don George in the past.

How does this go?

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Bellew v Stevenson: Poll & Discussion Empty Re: Bellew v Stevenson: Poll & Discussion

Post by kingraf Tue 26 Nov 2013, 7:23 pm

Stevenson via slaughter in less than eight.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Bellew v Stevenson: Poll & Discussion Empty Re: Bellew v Stevenson: Poll & Discussion

Post by spencerclarke Tue 26 Nov 2013, 8:14 pm

Stevenson by KO. He's maybe not as impressive as we are being led to believe but then neither is bellew.

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Tue 26 Nov 2013, 9:06 pm

Can't see anything other than bellew on the seat of his pants. It'll be entertaining while it lasts though.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue 26 Nov 2013, 9:23 pm

Jeez Sean you've more polls goings than Gallop. Wink 

From chatting with Bellew previously about what he would do if fighting Kovalev I reckon he will follow the same tactics against Stevenson i.e. stay elusive for the first half of the fight and then hope Stevenson tires and then pounce.  For this reason I think it will be more difficult for Stevenson to spark Bellew in the first half of the fight.  I'm going for Stevenson to win by KO in rounds 7-12.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Tue 26 Nov 2013, 10:46 pm

Hoping Bellew pulls this one out, wouldn't bet on it though =(

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed 27 Nov 2013, 1:08 am

Strongback wrote:Jeez Sean you've more polls goings than Gallop. Wink 

From chatting with Bellew previously about what he would do if fighting Kovalev I reckon he will follow the same tactics against Stevenson i.e. stay elusive for the first half of the fight and then hope Stevenson tires and then pounce.  For this reason I think it will be more difficult for Stevenson to spark Bellew in the first half of the fight.  I'm going for Stevenson to win by KO in rounds 7-12.

Haha. Love a good poll me! Very Happy 

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Wed 27 Nov 2013, 7:26 am

If he tries to stay elusive for the first six he'll lose on the cards should it go 12. He needs to cut off the ring and pressure him but be mindful of the danger punches, namely the left hand.

Its going to need to be the best Bellew we have seen to get this done. Its not impossible but everything screams Stevenson, mid rounds ko.

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Wed 27 Nov 2013, 8:09 am

It only seems like a month ago that Stevenson fought last. Wasn't it September?! About 8 weeks ago?!

Rare these days at world level, nice to see him take on all challenges and stay active fighting 3 or more times a year. Cloud, Dawson and Bellew. Hopefully next year Kovalev, Hopkins and Ward. Maybe.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 27 Nov 2013, 4:19 pm

All the questions are for Stevenson to answer..........We know what the one dimensional Bellew will do.......Though It's a good one dimension.........

If Stevenson looks as good as he suggests then ko in the first six..........However an uninterested Cloud and a caught cold Dawson means the jury are out........

Could he be another Michael Bentt ???

60/40 Stevo.........This fight will tell us more......

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Wed 27 Nov 2013, 9:27 pm

I have a feeling this is going to be a bit of a massacre, and it ain't gonna be Bellew celebrating once the referee has finished counting.

I don't believe Stevenson is the be all and end all at LHW, but he's streets ahead of the level Bellew is at. I can't see much past 4 rounds.

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Wed 27 Nov 2013, 9:31 pm

mobilemaster8 wrote:It only seems like a month ago that Stevenson fought last. Wasn't it September?! About 8 weeks ago?!

Rare these days at world level, nice to see him take on all challenges and stay active fighting 3 or more times a year. Cloud, Dawson and Bellew. Hopefully next year Kovalev, Hopkins and Ward. Maybe.
He's no spring chicken and his success has come late. Expect him to cash in as many chips as the Canadian public will let him... Big domestic showdowns with bute/pascal... Kovalev and ward... He can still make super middle as well.

Some money to be made if he can keep rolling them over without getting sparked himself.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 28 Nov 2013, 10:25 am

Won't be cashing in for long If he fights ward.......

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Thu 28 Nov 2013, 10:31 am

That's why I had him at the end of my list! Potentially dangerous fight for ward though. Ward a big favourite but awkward big hitting southpaw with fast hands, only takes one punch.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Fri 29 Nov 2013, 8:24 am

Some tastey odds for both Bellew and Sillakh.

Done Bellew and Sillakh £5 double @ 45/1 = £230

Going to put another £1 double Bellew and Sillakh both round 9 @ 8180/1

Both are live underdogs.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri 29 Nov 2013, 8:35 am

I put money on Sillakh. Beginning to regret not putting money on Bellow. The guy has a 6'6 reach, so he might be able to sneak it by keeping the fight at range... But the fact that he's been conditioned to believe he needs a KO means he will probably walk into a Superman punch sooner or later (and I bet on sooner)
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Fri 29 Nov 2013, 9:01 am

Sillakh is 100/1 for a KO in any round. For a boxer puncher like Sillakh and the fact Kovalev has not gone past 8 rounds (and when he did do 8 he only got a SD against Boone) and throws alot of punches in the early rounds. I've got a sneaky feeling that Sillakh is being over looked and can pull this off.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri 29 Nov 2013, 9:04 am

to be fair to Kovalev, Boone seems to be one tough mo'fo'.

I agree with Sillakh being overlooked.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Fri 29 Nov 2013, 10:08 am

Stevenson's gonna put Bellew into retirement.

Bellew couldn't beat the very ordinary Cleverly, he's got no chance against the Superman

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 29 Nov 2013, 10:13 am

He catches Dawson cold.............He bearts an uninterested Cloud...........

and he's the second coming..........

I don't buy it !!!

Think it will be closer than people think.............

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Fri 29 Nov 2013, 10:25 am

Gerry SA wrote:Stevenson's gonna put Bellew into retirement.

Bellew couldn't beat the very ordinary Cleverly, he's got no chance against the Superman

Styles Gerry styles!

Got to look at the skinny, Stevenson 5"10 - Bellew 6"3, reach 72" Stevenson - 74" Bellew. Stevenson wont be able to stand on the outside like he did with the garbage Cloud. We know Stevenson has been KO'd at supermiddle, he is now fighting a boxer who campainged at heavyweight as an amatuer. Size will be the key here. If Bellew boxes intelligently and takes away Stevenson power, it will be interesting to see how it transpires.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Fri 29 Nov 2013, 10:51 am

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:

Styles Gerry styles!

Got to look at the skinny, Stevenson 5"10 - Bellew 6"3, reach 72" Stevenson - 74" Bellew. Stevenson wont be able to stand on the outside like he did with the garbage Cloud. We know Stevenson has been KO'd at supermiddle, he is now fighting a boxer who campainged at heavyweight as an amatuer. Size will be the key here. If Bellew boxes intelligently and takes away Stevenson power, it will be interesting to see how it transpires.
This is also the same Bellew who got a robbery against career SMW, Issac Chilemba?

Where Bellew, vastly the bigger man, was exposed as very limited

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Fri 29 Nov 2013, 11:01 am

Gerry SA wrote:
Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:

Styles Gerry styles!

This is also the same Bellew who got a robbery against career SMW, Issac Chilemba?

Where Bellew, vastly the bigger man, was exposed as very limited
Robbery? Think we are being silly now, Chilemba is a completely different kettle of fish to Stevenson. I don't think he will have to be stalking Stevenson like he was Chilemba. Also Chilemba is 6"1, wouldn;t say Bellew was vastly bigger and had campainged at light heavy for a few fights before his fight with Bellew. As I've already said, styles makes fights.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Fri 29 Nov 2013, 11:09 am

Bellew has come on quite a bit since Cleverley, I wouldn't use that fight as a barometer.

I see Stevenson taking this in the late rounds, Bellew can take a fair whacking and stay in the fight but over time he'll become exposed. Agree with Truss that it may be more difficult than anticipated for Stevenson, he may have some hairy moments but overall he'll get the W and move on to Kovalev.

THink its a ridiculous statement to claim Bellew "got a robbery" against Chilemba, that fight was contentious and close but certainly not a robbery - although I'll put that terminology down to you not understanding the difference.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri 29 Nov 2013, 11:12 am

Need to put perspective on the Stevenson KO, twas very similar to the Froch KD, only difference is, Froch is seen as a piece of granite, while Stevenson was in his 14th fight. Yes he got KayOh'ed, but it certainly wasn't a near death experience, and being knocked down by Boone is nothing to be ashamed of - twenty more seconds and Boone could have beat Ward... one judge away from beating Kovalev (76-75 76-75 75-76 on the cards).
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Fri 29 Nov 2013, 11:35 am

kingraf wrote:Need to put perspective on the Stevenson KO, twas very similar to the Froch KD, only difference is, Froch is seen as a piece of granite, while Stevenson was in his 14th fight. Yes he got KayOh'ed, but it certainly wasn't a near death experience, and being knocked down by Boone is nothing to be ashamed of - twenty more seconds and Boone could have beat Ward... one judge away from beating Kovalev (76-75 76-75 75-76 on the cards).
Boone as given some good fighters worries but has also been schooled by mediocre fighters.

Cant find any footage of Stevenson v Boone (I) and I would like to see that fight if anyone knows where I can find it thumbsup

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri 29 Nov 2013, 11:36 am

I saw highlights of it when I caught Boone vs Stevenson II, don't know where you can catch it.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Fri 29 Nov 2013, 11:45 am

I had a look on Youtube but they only had the second fight. Was it a heavy knockdown?

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri 29 Nov 2013, 11:53 am

He shipped a solid right. But got up a little late from memory, but he certainly looked like he could keep going. Nothing like the hot coal Dawson looked like he was on in their fight. He dropped Boone twice first round, as well. And in any case, that was before he became a Steward project, almost a different fighter since that.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri 29 Nov 2013, 11:53 am

He shipped a solid right. But got up a little late from memory, but he certainly looked like he could keep going. Nothing like the hot coal Dawson looked like he was on in their fight. He dropped Boone twice first round, as well. And in any case, that was before he became a Steward project, almost a different fighter since that.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Fri 29 Nov 2013, 11:59 am

kingraf wrote:He shipped a solid right. But got up a little late from memory, but he certainly looked like he could keep going. Nothing like the hot coal Dawson looked like he was on in their fight. He dropped Boone twice first round, as well.  And in any case, that was before he became a Steward project, almost a different fighter since that.
Cheers Raf

Didn't know he wernt with Manny then. Puts things into a little more prespective. But it still doesnt change the fact that he was hurt by Boone. You can protect your chin with a better trainer but not improve it.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Fri 29 Nov 2013, 12:13 pm

Stevenson's KO to Boone was due to inexperience, he had Boone beat.

But Stevenson was too desperate for the KO and dropped his hands and Boone landed a hail Mary and that's all she wrote.

Boone's record is misjudged, he was often taking fights as a last minute replacement.

Bellew's not got Boone's power

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Fri 29 Nov 2013, 12:20 pm

I havent seen it Gerald, would like to though.

Boone is not a known puncher, to say he punches harder then Bellew is a bit out there. Just because he stopped Stevenson and dropped Ward doesnt mean he can punch.

Ward is hard to hit clean and might be protecting weak set of whiskers and Stevenson is not exactly iron jawed.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Fri 29 Nov 2013, 12:40 pm

Here's the knockdown, but not the count.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-hhWntWMC5w

In my view Stevenson us one of those guys who has a chance against anyone but gives anyone a chance. When he unloads he leaves himself open to the counter, but if gets you first... He has that hearns/McClellan style when he lets his shots go, fast and powerful.

Having said that, he was very disciplined against cloud, so maybe he's learning. I think bellew will really struggle with his speed, but if he hangs in there, you never know.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri 29 Nov 2013, 12:47 pm

Thanks for the link milky - Yeah pretty much as I remembered it. He looks like he's from the "you have ten seconds" school of thought, so I think he was a tad unlucky there.

Must be remembered, however. The Boone that beat Stevenson, dropped Ward, and lost to Kovalev by one point was taking fights on ridiculously short notice. The one who faced Superman beginning of the year had his first full training camp, as well as a full boxing entourage. Stevenson wiped the floor with him. The guy has improved beyond recognition since that fight.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 29 Nov 2013, 12:49 pm

Bellew has got to try to push the pace.......Tire those 36 year old legs out..

not sure stamina is his strong point though..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Fri 29 Nov 2013, 12:56 pm

If Bellew is still in the fight by round 6 i give him a good chance of outworking Stevenson down the stretch, however dont expect him to get any favours from the judges its as bad in Canada as it is in Germany and the UK now for the away fighter. I hope he can do it though, i have heard he is a top bloke away from the game.

Last edited by hogey on Fri 29 Nov 2013, 12:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri 29 Nov 2013, 12:56 pm

Bellow definitely has a chance. has a six inch reach advantage, so you'd think he has a shot if he controls the distance. But I can't see him keeping Stevenson at bay for 12 rounds....

If there will be an upset, I think it's Kovalev. He's probably fighting a better fighter, and hasn't actually shown much aside from that a maths degree is potentially a good back-up plan for Cleverly
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Fri 29 Nov 2013, 12:59 pm

I think Kovalev will brutalise and stop Sillakh inside 4 rounds maybe quicker.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 29 Nov 2013, 1:00 pm

hogey wrote:If Bellew is still in the fight by round 6 i give him a good chance of outworking Stevenson down the stretch, however dont expect him to get any favours from the judges its as bad in Canada as it is in Germany and the UK now for the away fighter. I hope he can do it though, i have heard he is a top bloke away from the game.
Funny thing is Hogey.........Hearn will be crying foul..........Forgetting Burns vs Beltran and other dubious decisions......

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Fri 29 Nov 2013, 1:04 pm

Raf, yeh Boone is a bit of an Emmanuel Augustus, without the clowning, much more capable than his record suggests if he's prepared and motivated. Ward was a lucky man that uppercut landed late in the round because he was in trouble.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Fri 29 Nov 2013, 1:06 pm

hogey wrote:I think Kovalev will brutalise and stop Sillakh inside 4 rounds maybe quicker.
Sillakh can dig a bit, so has an outside chance, but as he's been stopped himself I'd err to kovalev stoppage too.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Fri 29 Nov 2013, 1:08 pm

Stevenson EKO. (round 5 maybe earlier).

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Fri 29 Nov 2013, 1:09 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
hogey wrote:If Bellew is still in the fight by round 6 i give him a good chance of outworking Stevenson down the stretch, however dont expect him to get any favours from the judges its as bad in Canada as it is in Germany and the UK now for the away fighter. I hope he can do it though, i have heard he is a top bloke away from the game.
Funny thing is Hogey.........Hearn will be crying foul..........Forgetting Burns vs Beltran and other dubious decisions......
I know to be honest Truss i am embarrassed by British boxing these days, you pretty much know if the Brit stays on his feet and is moderately competitive he is getting the decision.
When you look at Calzaghe getting the nod in a close one against Hopkins (and i thought Hopkins won) you realize that if reversed JC would have been given a landslide decision in the UK. It does not help us long term though because the likes of Ward and other top fighters will never come here after the Dirrell and Beltran robberies.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri 29 Nov 2013, 1:11 pm

Sillakh is a proper contender. I have no idea as to how he lost to Grachev, as fight reports indicate the score card was as wide as Kilt-jubblies, before Grachev got on his knees and prayed Hail Mary. Grachev pushed Bute very far as well last year, so it isn't an awful loss. Dropped the guy as well, which hasn't been done in boxing, kick boxing, or MMA.So I suspect Sillakh hits like Jersey Cow.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Fri 29 Nov 2013, 1:39 pm

Bellew is gonna get KTFO

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Fri 29 Nov 2013, 1:46 pm

Raf, it happened because sillakh thinks he's ali, and grachev keeps coming at you. Sillakh is slick and moves well for a tall man but he carries his hands low. When he slowed, grachev started to catch him and when he caught him flush he put him away well.

From what I've seen of kovalev I'd say there's a good chance he gets to him earlier than grachev, but if he can stay out of trouble and pot shot himself who knows. That's  boxing!

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri 29 Nov 2013, 2:03 pm

Fair enough milky, as I said, I havent caught the fight - but still... dropping Grachev is a Herculean effort. Like dropping Vitali (almost). Anyone with that sort of dinamita has a good chance
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Fri 29 Nov 2013, 2:07 pm

I just flicked through the fight myself raf. Worth a watch on youtube before you finalise the size of your bet!

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Fri 29 Nov 2013, 2:14 pm

Steffan wrote:Bellew is gonna get KTFO
Like Cleverly did.... Laugh 

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next