The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bellew v Stevenson: Poll & Discussion

+18
BallchinianMuffwig
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Steffan
hogey
JabMachineMK2
Gerry SA
Soldier_Of_Fortune
milkyboy
Mr Bounce
TRUSSMAN66
mobilemaster8
KingMonkey
BoxingFan88
Strongback
jimdig
spencerclarke
kingraf
Seanusarrilius
22 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Bellew v Stevenson

Bellew v Stevenson: Poll & Discussion - Page 2 Vote_lcap3%Bellew v Stevenson: Poll & Discussion - Page 2 Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 1 ]
Bellew v Stevenson: Poll & Discussion - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Bellew v Stevenson: Poll & Discussion - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Bellew v Stevenson: Poll & Discussion - Page 2 Vote_lcap16%Bellew v Stevenson: Poll & Discussion - Page 2 Vote_rcap 16% 
[ 5 ]
Bellew v Stevenson: Poll & Discussion - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Bellew v Stevenson: Poll & Discussion - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Bellew v Stevenson: Poll & Discussion - Page 2 Vote_lcap52%Bellew v Stevenson: Poll & Discussion - Page 2 Vote_rcap 52% 
[ 16 ]
Bellew v Stevenson: Poll & Discussion - Page 2 Vote_lcap23%Bellew v Stevenson: Poll & Discussion - Page 2 Vote_rcap 23% 
[ 7 ]
Bellew v Stevenson: Poll & Discussion - Page 2 Vote_lcap6%Bellew v Stevenson: Poll & Discussion - Page 2 Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 31

Bellew v Stevenson: Poll & Discussion - Page 2 Empty Bellew v Stevenson: Poll & Discussion

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 26 Nov 2013 - 19:20

First topic message reminder :

So, moving on.

How doess Tony fair this weekend? I know he has flattered to deceive in previous fights, with his mouth making a bit of a mockery of his performances. but, he is not a bad fighter, IMO. I think he has a great double jab, decent, if not one punch knockout power and can go twelve rounds. That said, Stevenson is having a hell of a year. Those who said Dawson was a lucky punch had to reevaluate that after seeing him exhibit good boxing ability in his destruction of Cloud. However, we don't know how Stevenson will fair if he can't get Bellew out early. He has struggled against the like of Don George in the past.

How does this go?

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Bellew v Stevenson: Poll & Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Bellew v Stevenson: Poll & Discussion

Post by Steffan Fri 29 Nov 2013 - 14:18

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:
Steffan wrote:Bellew is gonna get KTFO
Like Cleverly did.... Laugh 
I love how bitter little Bellew fans hate Clev because he beat the fool in his own town Laugh

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Bellew v Stevenson: Poll & Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Bellew v Stevenson: Poll & Discussion

Post by mobilemaster8 Fri 29 Nov 2013 - 14:23

Steffan wrote:
I love how bitter little Bellew fans hate Clev because he beat the fool in his own town Laugh

Just...........boxing 

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Fri 29 Nov 2013 - 14:25

mobilemaster8 wrote:
Steffan wrote:
Just...........boxing 
Nah im here to talk about Bellew. This thread has nothing to do with Clev. Shame other people are too stupid to realise that

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Fri 29 Nov 2013 - 14:32

Steffan wrote:
mobilemaster8 wrote:
Steffan wrote:
Just...........boxing 
Nah im here to talk about Bellew. This thread has nothing to do with Clev. Shame other people are too stupid to realise that
How do you rate Bellew's chances?

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri 29 Nov 2013 - 14:37

he doesn't
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Fri 29 Nov 2013 - 14:38

Seanusarrilius wrote:How do you rate Bellew's chances?
I think he is capable of putting in a good performance and suprising a few people

I still think he will get KTFO in one of the later rounds though

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Fri 29 Nov 2013 - 14:44

Steffan wrote:
Majority Decision against a British level fighter at the time Laugh

Whereas Cleverly was battered to the point where he had move up a weigh class because he put on too much weight and is depressed. Oh how the tables have turned....... Yahoo

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Fri 29 Nov 2013 - 14:49

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:Whereas Cleverly was battered to the point where he had move up a weigh class because he put on too much weight and is depressed. Oh how the tables have turned....... Yahoo
Clev will still go on to have a better career though in the end though. He is a limted fighter but still has more talent than Bellew. He will retire and be a Sky commentator probably

Bellew will go back to stealing cars and beating people up for a few quid (while claiming dole like the rest of the city ofcourse)

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 29 Nov 2013 - 14:54

Yes......If we are lucky Clev will turn into another Enzo.......

A welsh Holyfield..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Fri 29 Nov 2013 - 14:58

One loss to a world class fighter and now Clev is being lumbered in the same category as Enzo

Gotta love this forum Smile 

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 29 Nov 2013 - 15:04

He's never beaten a world class fighter.......You don't rate Bellew remember.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Fri 29 Nov 2013 - 15:05

Steffan wrote:One loss to a world class fighter and now Clev is being lumbered in the same category as Enzo

Gotta love this forum Smile 
To be fair mate, Cleverley beat absolutely nobody. Scraped past a supposed british level fighter in Bellew (I think he is Euro at best)........beat a nurse..........hammered some other fella.............some Indian geeza............first top 10 ranked fighter he got KTFO big time and looked WELL out of his depth.

It was actually embarrassing.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Fri 29 Nov 2013 - 15:08

Bellew is a good European level fighter. He has done well to get this shot against Stevenson. I dont rate him as world class thats all

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Fri 29 Nov 2013 - 15:11

mobilemaster8 wrote:It was actually embarrassing
Well lets hope that his campaign at crusier turns out to be a bit better then isnt it OK 

Anyway...anyone fancy talking about the actual topic for this thread or is it just going to be a continued 'Cleverly is rubbish' discussion just because one of his fans said that he thinks Bellew will lose against Stevenson...

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Fri 29 Nov 2013 - 15:31

Steffan wrote:
Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:Whereas Cleverly was battered to the point where he had move up a weigh class because he put on too much weight and is depressed. Oh how the tables have turned....... Yahoo
Clev will still go on to have a better career though in the end though. He is a limted fighter but still has more talent than Bellew. He will retire and be a Sky commentator probably

Bellew will go back to stealing cars and beating people up for a few quid (while claiming dole like the rest of the city ofcourse)

Oh you have always got to go too far Steffany, I only have to mention the word 'Sheep' before you start crying.

We all thought Clev had no punching power at light heavy, wait until we see fat Clev at cruiser. That’s IF he decides to box again. He might be enjoying frolicking through Cefn Forrest too much with his fluffy friends :)You know, the welsh equivalent of dogging.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Fri 29 Nov 2013 - 15:45

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:Oh you have always got to go too far Steffany

He might be enjoying frolicking through Cefn Forrest too much with his fluffy friends :)You know, the welsh equivalent of dogging.
Very mature thumbsup

Anyway moving away from narrow-minded xenophobic stereotyping and onto boxing and Bellew...what is Bellews best chance of winning this fight?

He is gonna have to box but I think Stevenson will beat him at that. If he does get into a rhythm though and his chin holds up he stands a chance

I wouldnt trust the judging out there mind but unfortunately for Bellew he doesnt have the power to knock Stevenson out

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Fri 29 Nov 2013 - 15:50

Steffan wrote:
Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:Oh you have always got to go too far Steffany

He might be enjoying frolicking through Cefn Forrest too much with his fluffy friends :)You know, the welsh equivalent of dogging.
Very mature thumbsup

Anyway moving away from narrow-minded xenophobic stereotyping and onto boxing and Bellew...what is Bellews best chance of winning this fight?

He is gonna have to box but I think Stevenson will beat him at that. If he does get into a rhythm though and his chin holds up he stands a chance

I wouldnt trust the judging out there mind but unfortunately for Bellew he doesnt have the power to knock Stevenson out
Of course we can.....but if you don't like the stereotyping malarky don't start it!

Bellew possess a good height and reach advantage, Stevenson wont be able to fight as he did against Cloud as that would play into Bellew's hand.

Stevenson was stopped by Boone, if Boone can stop him, Bellew as every chance.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Fri 29 Nov 2013 - 17:47

You guys forgot to mention Nurse Karpency Cool 
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by BallchinianMuffwig Fri 29 Nov 2013 - 19:07

Apparently the weigh in was a bit feisty

BallchinianMuffwig

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Fri 29 Nov 2013 - 20:31

Heres the weigh in footage. Bellew is a psychopath

http://tvasports.ca/combats/boxe/tva-sports-la-pesee-officielle-28112013

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri 29 Nov 2013 - 20:41

Not many people leave a weigh in with a reformed pimp looking like their the nutjobs... Well done Bellow.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Fri 29 Nov 2013 - 20:43

Bellew does make me laugh, for a guy who talks a lot of sense the majority of the time he doesn't half lose it when it comes to a weigh in. Hoping he splatters Stevenson all around the ring but can't see it happening somehow.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Fri 29 Nov 2013 - 20:51

Stevenson is gonna be mad after this. Iv heard you dont wanna see Stevenson when hes mad...

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Fri 29 Nov 2013 - 21:45

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3TU8MLdq4Gs

Stevenson went bollistic there haha. Bellew defo got in his head. Stevenson seems like a right knob
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Fri 29 Nov 2013 - 21:54

Neither seem like the kinda person you would wanna share a quiet pint with

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri 29 Nov 2013 - 22:00

Bellow has a six inch reach advantage and will probably be much heavier fight night... He has to be really poor to not at least make a fight of this.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Fri 29 Nov 2013 - 22:02

Bellew's a prat and gonna need a good dentist after Superman's finished with him.

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Fri 29 Nov 2013 - 23:54

Wow. Bellew is scum, headbutting in a weigh in.

Stevenson via 2nd round ko but hope he beatsvthe Poopie out of bellew for 11 rounds before closing the show.

Deserves it after that. What if he cut him?? No fight no pay + fine.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Sat 30 Nov 2013 - 0:36

Steffan wrote:Heres the weigh in footage. Bellew is a psychopath

Stevenson pushed his head into him first and he retaliated... good on him for not being intimidated by him.

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Sat 30 Nov 2013 - 7:47

No. Went face to face little bit of pushing. What bellew did was ridiculous. Retaliate fine, but jesus.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sat 30 Nov 2013 - 9:21

Christ if Bellew is scum then what the hell is Stevenson?

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sat 30 Nov 2013 - 9:24

Mobiles a bit of a frontrunner - had stevenson done it he would have excused it. Really daft from bellew though - a bit harder or lower and Stevenson gets cut = Poopie

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sat 30 Nov 2013 - 9:26

I thought it was a b.itch move from Bellew... And Stevenson is pretty adept at pimp-slapping....
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 30 Nov 2013 - 10:28

Ooooh a little bit of handbags.........Who cares........

All come out in the wash tonight..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by BallchinianMuffwig Sat 30 Nov 2013 - 10:41

probably the best video of it so far-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjznNWvzOzw

100% behind Bellew...but I think he's getting flattened

BallchinianMuffwig

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Sat 30 Nov 2013 - 11:05

mobilemaster8 wrote:No. Went face to face little bit of pushing. What bellew did was ridiculous. Retaliate fine, but jesus.
lol, obviously you dont like him much as from where I was  Stevenson was the one going ballistic and having to be held back more so than Bellew, this game is full of haters it seems.

Personally I like to back British fighters (and im half Italian), Bellew is not the best but is a decent fighter that has a chance of winning the fight.

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Sat 30 Nov 2013 - 11:31

bellew said in an earlier interview he was going to really wind him up at the weigh-in, so its clearly part of his strategy. Nothing wrong with a bit of needle, like truss says, handbags to me. Though its a fair point that if proper contact is made and we get a cut, it doesn't look too smart.

As alluded to, i'll take a loud mouth with attitude over a guy with stevenson's background thanks. Hope bellew does him, but it's hope over belief.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Sat 30 Nov 2013 - 11:33

IM a fan of Bellew, don't think he is world clas. He is a genuine fighter who is honest and hard working. Fair enough. But to throw a head butt at someone at the weigh in is a bit pathetic. Stevenson did kick off, but wouldn't you if you had been headbutted in your own backyard at a weigh in a day before a World Title fight?!

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Sat 30 Nov 2013 - 11:39

mobile, he's from liverpool, it's good etiquette to bring your region's traditions to show the locals when you travel.

Stevenson got a scouse welcome, just like Jim watt used to give all his opponents a glaswegian kiss.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sat 30 Nov 2013 - 11:56

milkyboy wrote:mobile, he's from liverpool, it's good etiquette to bring your region's traditions to show the locals when you travel.

Stevenson got a scouse welcome, just like Jim watt used to give all his opponents a glaswegian kiss.
People are lucky that i'm not a boxer then, as i'm from luton i'd welcome him by mugging him and stamping him into the ground. Boxing doesnt need violence.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Sat 30 Nov 2013 - 12:02

mobilemaster8 wrote:IM a fan of Bellew, don't think he is world clas. He is a genuine fighter who is honest and hard working. Fair enough. But to throw a head butt at someone at the weigh in is a bit pathetic.
if you think that was a head but then i would have to ask you if you have lead a sheltered life! Smile

I think a head but is when you use your neck to swing your head forward to hurt a persons face. What I saw was Sevenson pushing his head into Bellews and Bellew retaliate puy pushing his head back into his harder...

I assumed you did not like Bellew based on your biased take on the incident.. That Stevenson looked like the animal and provoked the incident and is clearly not comfy with Bellew not being intimidated by him..

where people think he can be world class or not, this is his chance to try to be, which he has earned i might add.

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Sat 30 Nov 2013 - 12:11

I do think British fans can be lousy. Never get behind their men...

just because he is the under dog, it does not mean he does not have a chance or that the fight is meaningless.

Personally I think Bellew is going to surprise a few and put in a great showing and I would not be shocked if he is the next British champ.

Before Stevenson's last two fights many people would have fancied Bellew in this fight. Dawson got caught by a bomb and is not exactly immortal anyway, and lets face it , Cloud was awful and had come into the fight after a loss.

Is Stevenson going to be able to control this fight with his Jab like he did against Cloud? I dont think so, as long as Bellew keeps away from the Right hand bomb I give his a good chance!

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Sat 30 Nov 2013 - 12:14

ShahenshahG wrote:
milkyboy wrote:mobile, he's from liverpool, it's good etiquette to bring your region's traditions to show the locals when you travel.

People are lucky that i'm not a boxer then, as i'm from luton i'd welcome him by mugging him and stamping him into the ground. Boxing doesnt need violence.
I see you share the same philosophy on boxing as audley Harrison

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Sat 30 Nov 2013 - 12:14

Disagree mate. Stevenson wanted the face off whilst Bellew hid behind Hearn and some bouncer.

Stevenson then pointed to his own face and said "come here".

Bellew did, Stevenson went up to him, face to face, Bellew through his head forward with force. Not a "head butt" so to speak because their heads were already together. But intent was there.

I think tonight will be explosive of in honest so looking forward to it.

if Bellew somehow wins, we have a British world champ. If Stevenson wins, then we hopefully see a Kovalev fight (if he wins too of course.)

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzi Sat 30 Nov 2013 - 12:22

Steffan wrote:Heres the weigh in footage. Bellew is a psychopath

Gotta love Bellew, total lunatic. Only thing not to love is his accent, which is enough to make you turn you into a demented kitten drowner

Izzi

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sat 30 Nov 2013 - 12:28

milkyboy wrote:
ShahenshahG wrote:

Barry Hearn wants to use him as a novelty cue chalk for much the same reason.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Sat 30 Nov 2013 - 13:03

milkyboy wrote:
ShahenshahG wrote:

Lol, you do realise someone has posted a YouTube link right?

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzi Sat 30 Nov 2013 - 13:39

tunes666 wrote:
milkyboy wrote:
ShahenshahG wrote:

Lol,  you do realise someone has posted a YouTube link right?
Good god man, this is a boxing forum NOT some gossip column for which little slag has been impregnated by some chavvie boy band cocaine snorting talentless tool.

'Lol' should be in the swear filter. Please refrain from using.

Izzi

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzi Sat 30 Nov 2013 - 13:41

And Stevenson retires Bellew on his stool after a competitive start but then takes over and shows his class.

So after my drum banging prior to last weekends fight ignore that and back Bellew to knock him senseless for 3 rounds before unleashing a Leonard esque left hook

Izzi

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Sat 30 Nov 2013 - 20:58

Izzi wrote:
tunes666 wrote:
milkyboy wrote:
ShahenshahG wrote:

Lol,  you do realise someone has posted a YouTube link right?
Good god man, this is a boxing forum  NOT some gossip column for which little slag has been impregnated by some chavvie boy band cocaine snorting talentless tool.

'Lol' should be in the swear filter. Please refrain from using.
*scratches head and reads again*

Nope...  :/

Lol

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2