The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Batista returning to the WWE? - CONFIRMED

+11
I Blame Coco
Fernando
Kay Fabe
MetalMotty
6cw Hobo
Mr H
liverbnz
NickisBHAFC
Jammy31
Hulking_up
Samo
15 posters

Go down

Batista returning to the WWE? - CONFIRMED Empty Batista returning to the WWE? - CONFIRMED

Post by Samo Sat 21 Dec 2013, 12:59 pm

"WrestleMania XXX is looking to be one of the WWE’s biggest events ever, and it appears that another huge star will be added to the card.

According to PWInsider (via WrestlingInc.com), Batista will be returning to the WWE in the next few months, potentially at the Royal Rumble.

Former WWE Champion Batista is returning soon to WWE.

As announced this evening, WWE will hold a live event at the Thomas & Mack Center in Las Vegas, Nevada on Sunday, February 16, 2014, and according to www.unlvtickets.com, "The Animal" is scheduled to appear at the event. Sources within the sports-entertainment organization confirmed to PWInsider.com tonight that this is not an advertising error as he is indeed coming back. Advertising was released prematurely, spoiling WWE's planned surprise (which one source speculated as taking place at the Royal Rumble next month).

The report goes on to note that the former six-time world champion is now 44 years old and has been discussing a return to the ring with Triple H since last spring, though his acting schedule proved too hectic for him to commit to a return—until now, it seems.

In regards to how long he’ll stay, the report states, "One source speculated that Batista will appear for WWE until he is called to promote Guardians, which is scheduled to be released in theaters on August 1, 2014."

If this is all true, the next question is, who will The Animal face? His last match with the company was against John Cena back in 2010, so Cena would make sense as his first opponent, though that would mean Batista would have to return as a heel.

The Animal never worked a program with Brock Lesnar, and there’s certainly huge box office appeal in that matchup. Alternately, if the company can’t convince Shawn Michaels to return, perhaps they’ll opt to have Daniel Bryan face The Leviathan at WrestleMania?"

Taken from Bleacher Report.

Would you like to see Batista back to the WWE?  I would love it.  He started to get a bit stale as a face but was gold as a heel in 2010 before leaving.

Last edited by Samo on Tue 24 Dec 2013, 8:58 am; edited 1 time in total

Samo

Back to top Go down

Batista returning to the WWE? - CONFIRMED Empty Re: Batista returning to the WWE? - CONFIRMED

Post by Hulking_up Sun 22 Dec 2013, 12:52 am

Samo wrote:
though that would mean Batista would have to return as a heel.
Might make me watch again.

Hulking_up

Back to top Go down

Batista returning to the WWE? - CONFIRMED Empty Re: Batista returning to the WWE? - CONFIRMED

Post by Jammy31 Sun 22 Dec 2013, 3:30 pm

I've also seen on various Facebook pages, and Instagram accounts that Goldberg and Angle have posted pictures of them training on Twitter on Instagram talking about Royal Rumble season, and using the WWE hashtags.

Not sure if any truth behind those two coming back?
Jammy31
Jammy31

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sun 22 Dec 2013, 5:13 pm

THE ANIMAL WILL BE UNLEASHED  warning

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Sun 22 Dec 2013, 8:11 pm

Angle regularly tweets about WWE and retweets fans who ask or wish for one more match from him in Stanford. He's clearly desperate.

Goldberg doesn't really, but the last interview I seen, which was in September I think, he didn't rule it out. He did however say, as things stood then, he wouldn't be at mania 30.

I think all 3 (above 2 and Batista) have still some to offer the WWE, especially Angle so it will/would be nice to see them back.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Mon 23 Dec 2013, 10:27 am

Regarding Angle, The Rumble is taking place in Pittsburgh, read into that what you will. Imagine the pop.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by 6cw Hobo Mon 23 Dec 2013, 10:45 am

It can only mean one thing.

Number 30 comes out...."uhhh....uhhhhhhhh.....uhhhhhhh"

6cw Hobo

Back to top Go down

Post by MetalMotty Mon 23 Dec 2013, 11:15 am

Dr Shoe wrote:It can only  mean one thing.

The ECW Zombie???  Yahoo 

MetalMotty

Back to top Go down

Post by 6cw Hobo Mon 23 Dec 2013, 11:16 am

MetalMotty wrote:
Dr Shoe wrote:It can only  mean one thing.

The ECW Zombie???   Yahoo 

Pittsburgh is the home of George R Romero. All these things are connected!

6cw Hobo

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 23 Dec 2013, 11:47 am

Batista being a focal point of a major storyline would more likely turn me off

A 5 week heel run when he basically just played himself between Elimination Chamber and Mania doesn't make up for the 3/4 years of crap that went before it, after he was beaten convincingly by Cena at Mania his act became a busted flush

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 23 Dec 2013, 3:04 pm

The only way Batista comes back is to be apart of the main event and that's it considering he dislikes the direction of WWE. 

So don't be surprised if he is apart of the World Title Match

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Mon 23 Dec 2013, 5:07 pm

Word on the dirtsheets via Dave Meltzer is that he's set to win the Rumble and face Orton for the title at Mania.

You'll be able to catch Daniel Bryan in the pre-show match.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Mon 23 Dec 2013, 5:12 pm

In an update he's been removed from the advert for the show. Whether that means he wont appear anymore or its because it leaked remains to be seen.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 24 Dec 2013, 3:14 am

Confirmed to return on the january 20th edition of raw

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Tue 24 Dec 2013, 8:59 am

An early christmas gift from the 'E. Cant wait.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by I Blame Coco Tue 24 Dec 2013, 12:33 pm

I wonder what shape he'll come back in. He lost a fair bit of weight after he left. Hard to portray him as the same force he was before without the bulk.

I Blame Coco

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Tue 24 Dec 2013, 12:44 pm

Return Promo:

Aired on last nights taped RAW.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 24 Dec 2013, 1:17 pm

vomit

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Tue 24 Dec 2013, 3:01 pm

Buzzing Smile

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Tue 24 Dec 2013, 3:36 pm

I'm surprised at the excitement about Batista. I enjoyed his brief heel run before he left, but prior to that he always seemed like someone who had been pushed purely because of his look rather than any actual talent.

It's also another reason for WWE not to push younger, fresher talent.

At the risk of sounding like a broken record (it's never stopped me before), Daniel Bryan is far more popular and far more talented than Batista ever was, and also a fair bit younger.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Tue 24 Dec 2013, 3:54 pm

crippledtart wrote:
At the risk of sounding like a broken record (it's never stopped me before), Daniel Bryan is far more popular and far more talented than Batista ever was, and also a fair bit younger.

Cant agree more, but Batista has a proven record as a top top guy. He was the Number 2 face behind John Cena for years. He could add a bit of well needed spice to freshen things up.

I would have kept his return off until after Mania, where D-Bry finally beats Orton for the WWE title. The next night on RAW Triple H and The Authority dump Orton as their guy and bring out THE ANIMAL!

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 24 Dec 2013, 4:02 pm

I'd have been smarter than them (not hard) and kept it properly quiet till the Rumble.

I'm guessing he takes the same slot The Rock would have had.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Tue 24 Dec 2013, 10:06 pm

Awful stuff to be honest!

Yet more old stars being wheeled out, which is all well and good when it's not to the detriment of the younger guys getting a push but you know that won't be the case here.

I could just about live with The Rock coming back for a 2nd Wrestlemania in a row because of his mass appeal to the general audience not just the 'WWE universe'....Batista simply does not have that.

If he was coming back for a gimmicky type match or match up with another returning star then no problem...i.e. The Animal vs The Beast ..Brock v Batista...no issue with that. Yet the rumours are that he will be either be winning the Royal Rumble...I'm sorry what!?!?...before going on to take a headline spot against Orton for the title! Let's just get this right...HHH & Vince are thinking of giving the biggest wrestlemania spot to 1) Orton - A guy who try as he might never ever stays over with the crowd be it as a heel or face for longer than a month before they are disinterested 2) another guy, who hasn't wrestled in a few years and was never that over when in the WWE when a singles competitor...bar a 3 month run after breaking up with Evolution and a 3 month odd heel run at the latter stage of his career.

Given the reception they got when trying to do a contract signing for Cena vs Orton...I can only imagine how the crowd will blow up for this one; given it means the 'The Beard' the most over star in WWE for at least 3 years loses a major Wrestlemania spot!! I imagine riots!

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JCmag82 Fri 27 Dec 2013, 1:10 pm

Was that actually the official promo for his return? It just looked like someone had cut and stuck a few old Batista promos together

JCmag82

Back to top Go down

Post by Jammy31 Fri 27 Dec 2013, 4:17 pm

Yep, that was the legit return promo. WWE aired it during RAW.
Jammy31
Jammy31

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down