The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Is Going On In Wales Pt.2

+48
PenfroPete
Seagultaf
justified sinner
whocares
Breadvan
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
Luckless Pedestrian
LordDowlais
Jimmy Moz
XR
Jhamer25
flyhalffactory
bedfordwelsh
Sin é
Stone Motif
Totalflanker
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
stub
Jenifer McLadyboy
SecretFly
lostinwales
The Saint
Coleman
Allty
TJ
Irish Londoner
Comfort
Knowsit17
MarcusHalberstram
Bluedragon
wayne
Scrumpy
Chunky Norwich
doctor_grey
munkian
Exiledinborders
Welsh Magician
Cardiff Dave
geoff999rugby
Casartelli
Steffan
Welshmushroom
Notch
quinsforever
HammerofThunor
Intotouch
geoff998rugby
ScarletSpiderman
52 posters

Page 3 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

What Is Going On In Wales Pt.2 - Page 3 Empty What Is Going On In Wales Pt.2

Post by ScarletSpiderman Mon 06 Jan 2014, 10:24 am

First topic message reminder :

Following on from the old thread -: https://www.606v2.com/t50378-what-the-hell-is-going-on-in-wales

Intotouch wrote:Hello knowledgeable Welsh friends. I've read some extraordinary things lately about the war between the regions and the union in Wales, but being an outsider, and not following this closely for years I'm not sure what's real and what's nonsense. Can someone please help clarify a few things for me?

1. I read that the WRU have a deal with the regions that they will each be given the same amount of money annually by the union for the next five years. This was interpreted by some as the union deciding to slowly let the regions go bust so they can set up new regions that they would own. Is this really the case?  It sounds completely crazy to me! Wouldn't this be a disaster in Welsh rugby and couldn't they try to buy the regions instead since they have more money now? Could this really be a plan?

2. The WRU is making a profit and with the millenium stadium paid off should have plenty of money to splash about in the future. (Or do they?) As they won't give more money to the regions this suggests that they want the regions to founder (see above).

3. Although the WRU pay millions to the regions annually they have little or no say in how they are run so are deeply frustrated with the regions. Also the regions can't stand the WRU even though they're keeping them afloat. Is this true and why?

4. The WRU offered central contracts to the players in the regions but the regions rejected this. Even though they would have a smaller wage bill if it went ahead. Why?
The regions have the lowest salary cap in Europe and keep losing their best players. But the regions won't let the WRU pay the internationals out of a central contract. As players have to be released anyway to play for Wales I don't see why the clubs wouldn't be delighted to do this. Are they afraid that they would lose them to too many training camps? I don't follow the logic of this. If the WRU paid the players then surely the regions would be able to keep more of their best players playing in Wales which surely would benefit them as they'd have stronger teams. Again I don't get why this is such a problem.

(Please don't include the possible move to the AP on this thread. It's being debated elsewhere.)

The original thread hit 1,000+ posts without descending into a bicker-fest, let's try to keep this thread going in the same manner.

Last edited by ScarletSpiderman on Mon 06 Jan 2014, 6:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

What Is Going On In Wales Pt.2 - Page 3 Empty Re: What Is Going On In Wales Pt.2

Post by Guest Fri 10 Jan 2014, 6:56 pm

I've got the utmost respect for these former players, as players, but what have they got to do with anything now? If they've got official roles then fine (e.g. Players reps or something) but if they're brought in just 'cos they were good in the 70's and therefore their views are better than others, then that's rubbish. They've never been pros and finished playing 20 odd years ago at least! This is another thing that holds us back. You would see NZ wheeling in their 70's players to solve a 2014 quarrel.

Back to top Go down

What Is Going On In Wales Pt.2 - Page 3 Empty Re: What Is Going On In Wales Pt.2

Post by Cardiff Dave Fri 10 Jan 2014, 7:18 pm

Griff wrote:I've got the utmost respect for these former players, as players, but what have they got to do with anything now? If they've got official roles then fine (e.g. Players reps or something) but if they're brought in just 'cos they were good in the 70's and therefore their views are better than others, then that's rubbish. They've never been pros and finished playing 20 odd years ago at least! This is another thing that holds us back. You would see NZ wheeling in their 70's players to solve a 2014 quarrel.

As players I agree, but noticably the typically Failed article only quotes JJ though and I lost respect for Gareth Edwards following the CCS debacle.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Intotouch Fri 10 Jan 2014, 7:50 pm

Griff wrote:I've got the utmost respect for these former players, as players, but what have they got to do with anything now? If they've got official roles then fine (e.g. Players reps or something) but if they're brought in just 'cos they were good in the 70's and therefore their views are better than others, then that's rubbish. They've never been pros and finished playing 20 odd years ago at least! This is another thing that holds us back. You would see NZ wheeling in their 70's players to solve a 2014 quarrel.

Maybe they'd do exactly that if they were the most respected rugby players they had and if they thought that bringing them in would help save rugby in NZ.

Intotouch

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Fri 10 Jan 2014, 9:22 pm

Racing 10-12 Scarlets 55 mins.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Fri 10 Jan 2014, 9:34 pm

Kristian Phillips try!
Racing 13-19 Scarlets 63mins.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Fri 10 Jan 2014, 9:51 pm

A famous win coming up?

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Fri 10 Jan 2014, 9:56 pm

There for the taking. Don't feck it up again.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Fri 10 Jan 2014, 10:00 pm

Scarlets win, bloody marvelous.
How much cash do Racing Metro have?

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcusHalberstram Fri 10 Jan 2014, 10:02 pm

Good win for Scarlets - great try from Kristian Phillips. They deserved that. Metro just don't look like a team.

MarcusHalberstram

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Fri 10 Jan 2014, 10:06 pm

MarcusHalberstram wrote:Good win for Scarlets - great try from Kristian Phillips.  They deserved that.  Metro just don't look like a team.

Neither do Toulon come to think of it. Monet can't buy you love so they say.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by geoff998rugby Mon 13 Jan 2014, 1:30 pm

Headscratch Whats an impressionist painter got to do with it

geoff998rugby

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Tue 14 Jan 2014, 12:13 pm

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/wales-coach-warren-gatland-hopes-6504902 wrote:Warren Gatland intends to “circle the wagons” in an effort to blank out the in-fighting pulling Welsh rugby apart as his Wales team bid to create history.

They are chasing a hat-trick of consecutive Six Nations titles, a feat which has never been achieved in the professional game.

The Wales coach, who this afternoon names his squad for the championship with fitness doubts hanging over captain Sam Warburton and fellow Lions stars Gethin Jenkins and Jamie Roberts, believes an end to the damaging row between the WRU and the regions over the future of the game would help their quest to remain European champions.

“As a squad, we have to look at the negatives surrounding the game at the moment, talk about circling the wagons and come together as a team,” said Gatland.

“The other thing we have got is we can talk about creating history. We will be the first team to win the championship three times in a row since England in the 1880s, when it was the Four Nations.

“So there’s a massive amount of motivation for our team to create its destiny and future when it comes together.

“I don’t think you get much better than beating England and, also as a national side, being successful in the Six Nations. Hopefully, we can repeat that this year.”

Gatland, who last night won the Rugby Union Writers’ Club’s special award for lifetime achievement – Wales full-back Leigh Halfpenny was named its player of the year for 2013 – was speaking at Cardiff Business Club.

He insisted the gulf between the WRU and the Blues, Dragons, Ospreys and Scarlets can be bridged.

“A lot of people say to me: ‘It will always be that way (rowing) in Wales’. But I don’t think it has to be between the regions and the WRU.

“There’s always a compromise, some middle ground for the game here in Wales and I just hope we can do that over the next few week for us to move forward.

“I think all of us would like a solution. Often it comes down to finances. For the regions to run themselves successfully they are looking for more money from the union.”

And Gatland disclosed: “I think the union, potentially, is able to supply some more money to the regions to help them be competitive.
“It’s a challenge for us when you consider the number of world-class players we have got. Because we have been successful as a national team, they are being targeted by the big-spending French clubs or sometimes by English clubs.

“I know there is a new agreement being drawn up and, hopefully, that will be signed by the regions and the union.”

But Gatland questioned whether Wales has the available money to fund four regions to the levels needed to stop the growing and worrying exodus of star names, which already includes George North, Jonathan Davies, Jamie Roberts, Dan Lydiate, Mike Phillips, Ian Evans, Luke Charteris and James Hook.

“Can we sustain four teams in the current climate?” he said, before answering: “I’m not 100 per cent sure.
“That’s going to be the challenge for the regions because we want to keep our best players and talent here in Wales which, hopefully, would help the national team as well.”

Gatland has fitness issues over a number of players for the Six Nations, with prop Jenkins the latest concern, having picked up a worrying injury to the left knee he damaged last November against Australia when he appeared for the Blues in their Heineken Cup defeat at the hands of Toulon last Saturday.

Flanker Warburton is facing a race against time to be available for the Six Nations opener against Italy on February 1 having been sidelined since the clash with the Wallabies because of nerve damage to a shoulder.

Centre Roberts has had ankle surgery and a knee problem but hopes to return to action for Racing Metro this weekend.

However, fellow Lions centre Jonathan Davies won’t be back until early March having undergone surgery on the pectoral muscle he tore in the opening autumn international last November against South Africa.

Young Blues backs Rhys Patchell and Cory Allen will miss the entire Six Nations through injury, while their regional colleague Bradley Davies is also serving a lengthy layoff.

There are fitness doubts over hooker Ken Owens, back-row forward and Ryan Jones, centre Owen Williams, wings Eli Walker and Hallam Amos, full-back Liam Williams, wing Tom Prydie, lock Andrew Coombs and newly-qualfied winger Hanno Dirksen.

Among the uncapped players who could be in with a shout are Scarlets loosehead prop Rob Evans, Blues hooker Kristian Dacey, Scarlets scrum-half Gareth Davies, Ospreys flanker Sam Lewis and Leicester fly-half Owen Williams.

And Scarlets props Samson Lee and Rhodri Jones have to be in with an excellent chance of squad selection having been called up during the autumn campaign, while fit-again Ospreys scrum-half Rhys Webb has staked a strong claim for a recall.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Tue 14 Jan 2014, 3:05 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:

“ For the regions to run themselves successfully they are looking for more money from the union.”

What an ignorant, ill informed puppet of a man Gatland is.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Comfort Tue 14 Jan 2014, 3:30 pm

Chunky - Galtand reading from his employers script, he was hardly going to come out and slate them, he knows the score, hes on team wales, of course.

Comfort

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Tue 14 Jan 2014, 3:40 pm

Comfort wrote:Chunky - Galtand reading from his employers script, he was hardly going to come out and slate them, he knows the score, hes on team wales, of course.

Indeed. Many will lap it up though and just focus on the "mismanaged regions want more Union money".

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Wed 15 Jan 2014, 1:15 pm

Judgement Day;

"WRU and regions hold crunch talks in bid to resolve Welsh rugby crisis

The Union and the regional representatives are holding talks throughout Wednesday as they look to broker a peace deal.
The WRU and the four regions are holding all-day talks today in a fresh concerted bid to find a resolution to Welsh rugby’s civil war."

"Significantly, it’s believed both sides also have their lawyers at the meeting, which is set to go on all day."

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/wru-regions-hold-crunch-talks-6509581

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Wed 15 Jan 2014, 1:18 pm

If it includes centrally contracting 6 players, playing 4th international every year and the regions not being in control of their own finances, then I just can't see them signing it. Even if it includes £1m more for each region.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Londoner Wed 15 Jan 2014, 4:28 pm

Chunky Norwich wrote:If it includes centrally contracting 6 players, playing 4th international every year and the regions not being in control of their own finances, then I just can't see them signing it. Even if it includes £1m more for each region.

Why not - central contracts would free up the clubs own funds (as in cricket), the 4th international could be moved to an LV weekend, and they are not in control of their own finances anyway as without the WRU funding none of them could stand alone.
Where are they going to go if not back to WRU?

Irish Londoner

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Wed 15 Jan 2014, 4:52 pm

Because the central contracts would come out of the WRU money going to the region..
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Wed 15 Jan 2014, 6:05 pm

Irish Londoner wrote:
Chunky Norwich wrote:If it includes centrally contracting 6 players, playing 4th international every year and the regions not being in control of their own finances, then I just can't see them signing it. Even if it includes £1m more for each region.

Why not - central contracts would free up the clubs own funds (as in cricket), the 4th international could be moved to an LV weekend, and they are not in control of their own finances anyway as without the WRU funding none of them could stand alone.
Where are they going to go if not back to WRU?

AS mentioned above the offer previously from WRU was central contracts or funding money. Either or. Derisory.

I understand that is not the case on the latest offer from WRU, and that they have offerred central contracts to 6 players. Just b6? why? that's neither here nor there. The regions don't want central contracts. Because it would be the first step to a Union controlled rugby regime. Where the wru controls EVERYTHING. This would be bad for the regions. Because the WRU could play players wherever they want, change the team name to Cardiff Panthers, sell and buy any players they wanted to, shift Toby Faletau to the Ospreys and shut down the Dragons.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Wed 15 Jan 2014, 7:43 pm

http://www.regionalrugbywales.com

Not much but the WRU have given 'assurances' that the competitions will be sorted by the end of the month

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Wed 15 Jan 2014, 8:02 pm

HammerofThunor wrote:http://www.regionalrugbywales.com

Not much but the WRU have given 'assurances' that the competitions will be sorted by the end of the month

Here you go;

"Update from Regional Rugby Wales

has confirmed that it is currently in discussion with the Welsh Rugby Union on behalf of the four Welsh Regions, regarding the WRU’s new proposal issued to them on January 6th 2014.

Meetings are currently taking place between RRW executives and the WRU to discuss the new “Rugby Services Agreement” document presented to the Regions by the WRU.

The Regions are currently considering the contents of the document in detail and through Regional Rugby Wales, will be in active discussion with the WRU including requesting further details, clarity and confirmation on a number of points raised in the proposals to see if there is any common ground.

Throughout the past two years, the Welsh Regions have been trying to pragmatically discuss the previous Participation Agreement and at all times made it clear, either as part of the PWC report and then the PRGB, that their wish is to work collaboratively with the WRU to progress a sustainable and competitive game in Wales.

Whilst the Regions continue to actively discuss each element of the detailed operational document proposed by the WRU, the only defined competition and committed revenue available to the Regions at this time remains the Rugby Champions Cup.

The Regions remain committed to the implementation of the Rugby Champions Cup, which will provide an additional £12m in committed revenues to Welsh Rugby over the next three years. It is the biggest increase of funding into the Welsh game in five years. It will increase funding to the Irish clubs and protect the Scottish clubs. Bringing in £12m in three years into the Welsh game does not threaten the Six Nations or bring about its demise.

The Regions have now been assured that the WRU will seek to resolve the fundamental issues of defining and committing League and Cup competitions and revenues by the end of this month.

We’re happy to discuss operational details within a potential agreement but any detail is meaningless without WRU fulfilling their primary obligation of defining the structure of the competitions the agreement applies to and committing to the revenues generated.

WRU assure us they will confirm these core elements within this month, allowing the Regions to run their businesses at the same time as finalising any operational detail within a joint agreement."

http://www.regionalrugbywales.com/

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Thu 16 Jan 2014, 10:37 am

Regional Rugby Wales (RRW) has hailed the six nations squad announced on Tuesday (14/01/14) as proof of regional rugby’s success in helping to produce a winning national team.

http://www.newportgwentdragons.com/News/Article/32456
http://www.cardiffblues.com/news/6745.php#.Ute1__szJF8

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 16 Jan 2014, 8:13 pm

An important Twitter for some of the region fans:

Ospreys Supporters ‏@OspreysSC:

"Unfortunately, due to lack of interest, we won't be operating a bus to Bridgend for our LV Cup game against Sale."

Very Happy 

pinched from MunsterFans....

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Thu 16 Jan 2014, 9:53 pm

Whilst the Regions continue to actively discuss each element of the detailed operational document proposed by the WRU, the only defined competition and committed revenue available to the Regions at this time remains the Rugby Champions Cup.

Eh? there is no RCC. As a concept it is dead. The Pro12 and the HC however are far more concrete propositions. this shows the delusions of the RRW

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Allty Thu 16 Jan 2014, 10:27 pm

[quote="Munchkin"]An important Twitter for some of the region fans:

"Unfortunately, due to lack of interest, we won't be operating a bus to Bridgend for our LV Cup game against Sale."

Very Happy 

[i]pinched from MunsterFans....[/i]
[/quote]

Brilliant  Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy 

Sadly its a true reflection of the support in Wales

Allty

Back to top Go down

Post by geoff999rugby Fri 17 Jan 2014, 8:50 am

Unbelievable cant fill a bus to go 30 miles

geoff999rugby

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Fri 17 Jan 2014, 9:18 am

Allty wrote:
Munchkin wrote:An important Twitter for some of the region fans:

Very Happy 

pinched from MunsterFans....

Brilliant  Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy 

Sadly its a true reflection of the support in Wales

Or could it be that people are not exactly wanting to go to a reserves game (that is what the LV= is), when Team Wales will be playing the following day in the Millennium Stadium. I wonder how many Munster fans (or any Irish fans) would bother to go watch their A teams play in the B&I cup the day before/day of an International in Dublin?
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by geoff999rugby Fri 17 Jan 2014, 9:54 am

It is not an A team game it is a weakened first XV - an important distinction.

If any of the 3 senior Provinces played outside their normal grounds for such a fixture, in our case it would be a GAA ground, I have no doubt the interest would be considerable.

geoff999rugby

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Fri 17 Jan 2014, 10:44 am

geoff999rugby wrote:It is not an A team game it is a weakened first XV - an important distinction.

If any of the 3 senior Provinces played outside their normal grounds for such a fixture, in our case it would be a GAA ground, I have no doubt the interest would be considerable.

The LV= is officially a 1st team competition, however if you take a look at the majority of matches played in it, you will see that it is anything but a 1st team (or even 2nd team) competition. This is why it is run during the international windows. Take into account that the sides are missing their international players, their under 20s players and their sevens players, during this window, it is perfectly understandable that it is not hugely important to fans.

Another thing I forgot to put into my post about the bus not running to this game, is that you have to remember that the Ospreys are a region. That does mean that there will be a number of fans that the bus would be no use for. For example if you live outside of Swansea what is the point in travelling to Swansea to catch a bus? You could just drive straight to the Brewery Field yourself.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Fri 17 Jan 2014, 11:03 am

Why are Munster fans even talking about this ? Thats even more bizarre
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by geoff999rugby Fri 17 Jan 2014, 11:13 am

ScarletSpiderman taking into account all the point you make the point I made still stands the 3 Provinces would still attend such a match in droves.

Re running a bus at all.
Again if such a match was in say Derry or Clones we would have multiple buses filled to the gills.

Munkian who is this Munster fan of whom you speak?

The point is it is further evidence of the lack of regionality in Wales and as such is relevant to the thread.

geoff999rugby

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Fri 17 Jan 2014, 11:15 am

munkian wrote:Why are Munster fans even talking about this ? Thats even more bizarre

I just had a look, http://www.munsterfans.com/threads/33536-The-Future-of-the-Heineken-Cup-In-Doubt/page314?highlight=%40OspreysSC and from what I can make out they are having a good laugh at it.

Not meaning to be disrespectful, and I know a supporters forum for a team tends to be a bit more one-eyed etc, but reading things like that just make my bloody boil. Are they so dull to believe that the regions going, and being replaced by Ponty, Neath and RGC will be in their benefit? I have always had a lot of time for the Irish provinces in the past, but am starting to look at them in a bit of a different light, there seem to be a load of gloaty tools around (granted the tinterweb is full of them) having great kicks out of our misery.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Fri 17 Jan 2014, 11:16 am

geoff999rugby wrote:ScarletSpiderman taking into account all the point you make the point I made still stands the 3 Provinces would still attend such a match in droves.

Re running a bus at all.
Again if such a match was in say Derry or Clones we would have multiple buses filled to the gills.

The point is it is further evidence of the lack of regionality in Wales and as such is relevant to the thread.

Its in the qoute -

'pinched from MunsterFans....'

munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by geoff999rugby Fri 17 Jan 2014, 11:22 am

Fair enough but I got it from elsewhere - its in the public domain.

geoff999rugby

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Fri 17 Jan 2014, 11:30 am

Geoff have you ever watched an LV= game? Because right now you brinked attitude is right up their with you grasp of welsh geography! I am trying my best not to be insulting but you are making comments, and assumptions, about things that you really seem to know very little, if anything, about.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by geoff999rugby Fri 17 Jan 2014, 11:39 am

ScarletSpiderman wrote:  Geoff have you ever watched an LV= game?

Yes

ScarletSpiderman wrote: Because right now you brinked attitude

No idea what this means

ScarletSpiderman wrote:is right up their with you grasp of welsh geography!  

Bridgend is 30 miles feom Swansea and part of that region - what error have I made re Welsh geography?

ScarletSpiderman wrote:I am trying my best not to be insulting but you are making comments, and assumptions, about things that you really seem to know very little, if anything, about.  

What assumptions have I made?
And once you have told me hat they are -how are they incorrect?

geoff999rugby

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Fri 17 Jan 2014, 12:04 pm

geoff999rugby wrote:
ScarletSpiderman wrote:  Geoff have you ever watched an LV= game?

Yes

In which case you will know full well that it is a development competition. Team field young up and coming players, and they also field players returning from injury or who need game time to develop. They even give a Break-though Player Of The Year award because it is a development competition. So really it is on a par with the B&I Cup, and they are not the full regional sides. Fans of all teams in the competition will tell you this. So it is comparable to the provincial A teams playing in the B&I Cup.

geoff999rugby wrote:
ScarletSpiderman wrote: Because right now you brinked attitude

No idea what this means

You are not very open to debate, and IMO come across pretty closed minded.

geoff999rugby][quote="ScarletSpiderman wrote:is right up their with you grasp of welsh geography!

Bridgend is 30 miles feom Swansea and part of that region - what error have I made re Welsh geography?[/quote]

I was referring to earlier on this thread, when I got in another heated debate with you, regarding the location of the 'proposed' new regions, which I will never forget. But maybe you have, and fair enough, I should have left that old argument lie.

geoff999rugby][quote="ScarletSpiderman wrote:I am trying my best not to be insulting but you are making comments, and assumptions, about things that you really seem to know very little, if anything, about.

What assumptions have I made?
And once you have told me hat they are -how are they incorrect?[/quote]

Actually if fairness this is a real bum to try and prove going back through old comments etc  furious  But I shall give it my best

.....Unbelievable cant fill a bus to go 30 miles..... -

You assumed (Or is it presumed?) that the reason for the bus not being filled is down to lack of support, and I explained that it is not necessary for people to travel to Swansea to catch a bus to the ground when it may be easier to the stadium off their own backs. To which your come back of ................ScarletSpiderman taking into account all the point you make the point I made still stands the 3 Provinces would still attend such a match in droves.

Re running a bus at all.
Again if such a match was in say Derry or Clones we would have multiple buses filled to the gills................................ again is a presumption/assumption (I really need to learn which is which).

There was the whole thing about the 1,000 staff, and how the Irish provinces would never be responsible for that many jobs - debate

And the aforementioned geographic locations of new regions - debate.

The 'not regions' but super-clubs - debate

If I seem over critical, and offensive, I don't mean to. However, I really gets up my nose to hear people from outside the country telling us what the popular believe of the locals is, when they are not in a real position to talk to the locals. When people from outside of the country look at a map and tell us where the geographic boundaries lie, when there is far more to it that just where roads go, and what post code places are. I have a 120mile round trip to my local regional games, and I make that for every home game, and I know 100s of people who make similar journeys. But then when I see your post they seem very much like a complete outsider (who is looking at a map, and talking to their handful of welsh friends, and reading comments on twitter) trying to dictate and/or criticise the current situation with out any real empathy for the situation.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Fri 17 Jan 2014, 12:05 pm

Oh, and sorry for making that post so long, I usually try to avoid the quote upon quote stuff.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Fri 17 Jan 2014, 12:06 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote: Are they so dull to believe that the regions going, and being replaced by Ponty, Neath and RGC will be in their benefit?

Yes.

I have always had a lot of time for the Irish provinces in the past, but am starting to look at them in a bit of a different light, there seem to be a load of gloaty tools around (granted the tinterweb is full of them) having great kicks out of our misery.

That's why it will be great for them to get what they want. Let them remain in the Pro12. With the Italians gone, the regions gone, and replaced with Neath and RCG etc. Dream scenario. I'm sure they'll enjoy it, what with the Pro12 being such an amazing competition.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Fri 17 Jan 2014, 12:08 pm

geoff999rugby wrote:ScarletSpiderman taking into account all the point you make the point I made still stands the 3 Provinces would still attend such a match in droves.

Re running a bus at all.

Lookout, I think we've been rumbled.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Fri 17 Jan 2014, 12:28 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:Oh, and sorry for making that post so long, I usually try to avoid the quote upon quote stuff.

Some "interesting" LV= stats for you;

http://www.cardiffblues.com/rugby/fixtures_and_results_lv.php?includeref=1455&season=2011-2012

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Fri 17 Jan 2014, 12:32 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:Some "interesting" LV= stats for you;

http://www.cardiffblues.com/rugby/fixtures_and_results_lv.php?includeref=1455&season=2011-2012

To be fair your first team is the standards of most peoples second teams  Run 

The Ospreys side was definitely 2nd/3rd string, not too sure about Wuss as I couldn't tell you who their first team are.  The Scarlets V Dragons match had a few bigger name players, but that was a derby match, against Sarries we were definitely fielding 2nds/3rds.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Fri 17 Jan 2014, 12:43 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:Some "interesting" LV= stats for you;

To be fair your first team is the standards of most peoples second teams  Run 

The Ospreys side was definitely 2nd/3rd string, not too sure about Wuss as I couldn't tell you who their first team are.  The Scarlets V Dragons match had a few bigger name players, but that was a derby match, against Sarries we were definitely fielding 2nds/3rds.

OOFF! I felt that.

Re the LV=, it's also worth mentioning, again, that the English sides have the additional incentive of a place in the HEC for the winner.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Fri 17 Jan 2014, 1:03 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:
munkian wrote:Why are Munster fans even talking about this ? Thats even more bizarre

I just had a look, http://www.munsterfans.com/threads/33536-The-Future-of-the-Heineken-Cup-In-Doubt/page314?highlight=%40OspreysSC and from what I can make out they are having a good laugh at it.

The photo of the little bus is amusing though.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 Jan 2014, 1:24 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:

Not meaning to be disrespectful, and I know a supporters forum for a team tends to be a bit more one-eyed etc, but reading things like that just make my bloody boil.  Are they so dull to believe that the regions going, and being replaced by Ponty, Neath and RGC will be in their benefit?  I have always had a lot of time for the Irish provinces in the past, but am starting to look at them in a bit of a different light, there seem to be a load of gloaty tools around (granted the tinterweb is full of them) having great kicks out of our misery.

Yes, they're having a laugh, and a laugh is needed in all this mess sometimes. You talk about your (the regions fans) misery, but there are others involved in this too. What about the Provinces fans having to wait for RRW and WRU to sort their mess out before we can know what's happening with the Rabo next season, and how decisions made may impact our teams?
As for MunsterFans making mention of Ponty, Neath, etc? Well, it is the regions threatening to turn their back on those in the Rabo, and make their bed with those in AP. If that were to happen then it may well be Ponty, Neath, etc, that we face in competition next season. I doubt it will actually come to that, but that's beside the point. You can't seriously blame fans for thinking about the 'what ifs'.
As someone who follows Scarlets Fever, I could also take the hump at some of the things being said there about the Rabo, the Irish, and Irish teams, but then I understand that this is really difficult times for all regions fans, and can see where they're coming from.....

I posted the Twitter comment as I thought it funny ironic, and some could do with having a laugh, even if it is at themselves.

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Fri 17 Jan 2014, 1:27 pm

Dai, yeah it was pretty amusing. I guess it's all pretty laughable right now, and I can understand we must come across as a bunch of pregnant goldfish to the outside world.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Fri 17 Jan 2014, 1:38 pm

Munchkin - so it is you who made me all grumpy this morning  furious   To be fair, your right about ScarletFever being filled with the same sort of disrespectful comments, and truth be told if I were Irish I would probably be as grumpy about that too (truth be told being grumpy is my go to emotion).

I can't blame the fans for discussing what is probably the biggest talking point with regards to the future of the league, but comment like "That is the best yet....hahahahahahahaha ! Protect our regions me hole" really overrode the humour in posts like "Ospreys Ultras hired their own bus for the trip to Bridgend. What Is Going On In Wales Pt.2 - Page 3 Ospreys%20Ultras%20hired%20their%20own%20bus%20for%20the%20trip%20to%20Bridgend". And me being a grumpy git right now, with a fully blown chip factory on my shoulder too, probably took it more offensively than it was meant.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 Jan 2014, 1:55 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:Munchkin - so it is you who made me all grumpy this morning  furious   To be fair, your right about ScarletFever being filled with the same sort of disrespectful comments, and truth be told if I were Irish I would probably be as grumpy about that too (truth be told being grumpy is my go to emotion).

I can't blame the fans for discussing what is probably the biggest talking point with regards to the future of the league, but comment like "That is the best yet....hahahahahahahaha ! Protect our regions me hole" really overrode the humour in posts like "Ospreys Ultras hired their own bus for the trip to Bridgend. What Is Going On In Wales Pt.2 - Page 3 Ospreys%20Ultras%20hired%20their%20own%20bus%20for%20the%20trip%20to%20Bridgend".  And me being a grumpy git right now, with a fully blown chip factory on my shoulder too, probably took it more offensively than it was meant.

I'm not grumpy about it....well sometimes maybe.... The media tends to add fuel to the fire with comments coming from the likes of Paul Rees and Steven Jones - to be taken with a pinch of salt. We all need to let off a bit of steam, as much as we all need to not take ourselves so seriously at times, and have a laugh.

The comments you posted are just an extension to the humour of the Twitter comment, and point to the irony of it. As above, to be taken with a pinch of salt. I would take it as banter, but then I'm not on the receiving end of it.

And yes, your grumpy mood is all my fault  Very Happy   ........ Run

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Fri 17 Jan 2014, 2:08 pm

Munchkin - the good thing with grumpy moods is that little things like seeing the clock ticking closer to the weekend, and a home game, can always fix it.  And if Munster can stuff Edinburgh, and the Scarlet can beat Quins, on Sunday, then any hard feelings I have towards Munster and/or their fans will quickly dissipate OK

Oh an back on topic

CRYS16 - on ScarletFever wrote:This Sunday morning there is to be a debate chaired by BBC Wales on the current situation in Welsh Pro rugby. The programme will be recorded and broadcast later that day @ 18:15 on BBC 2 Wales.

As of now, we understand that it'll be a Question Time style session with the panel consisting of a WRU rep (don't know who as yet), Gareth Davies (Dragons CEO), David Moffett and, representing the 4 supporters' groups, Neil Bathgate of CRYS16.

We have been assured that the session will finish recording at lunch time, giving us enough time to return to Llanelli to watch our game.

Should be interesting to see how everyone comes across in that.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next