The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Saul Alvarez vs Alfredo Angulo Mar 8

+6
John Bloody Wayne
Valero's Conscience
Lance
Boxtthis
AlexHuckerby
hazharrison
10 posters

Go down

Saul Alvarez vs Alfredo Angulo Mar 8 Empty Saul Alvarez vs Alfredo Angulo Mar 8

Post by hazharrison Mon 06 Jan 2014, 10:39 pm

Anyone think "Perro" might just beat the granny out of Richie Cunningham?

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Saul Alvarez vs Alfredo Angulo Mar 8 Empty Re: Saul Alvarez vs Alfredo Angulo Mar 8

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue 07 Jan 2014, 12:10 am

Really good fight actually, Angulo is relentless and has enough in him to upset Alvarez, would pick Saul though. But Saul will never have faced anything like him though.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Saul Alvarez vs Alfredo Angulo Mar 8 Empty Re: Saul Alvarez vs Alfredo Angulo Mar 8

Post by Boxtthis Tue 07 Jan 2014, 12:11 am

Ooft good fight. It'll give a good notion of whether Canelo really is any better than the rest of the pack at 154.

Boxtthis

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue 07 Jan 2014, 12:18 am

Angulo gave Lara fits and could very well have won if he hadn't having to quit due to his eye.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Tue 07 Jan 2014, 1:55 am

excellent fight. favour Alvarez, but wouldn't shock me either way. Nice to see Alvarez jumping straight back in at the deep end, no nonsense about confidence building and homecoming fights, like we see sometimes.

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Tue 07 Jan 2014, 6:40 am

Kinda has to - he's contracted to three PPV fights this year.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue 07 Jan 2014, 8:50 am

Thats good news for us over here if he's contracted to PPV fights, means they will all be good and probably all just shown on Boxnation.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Tue 07 Jan 2014, 9:48 am

Very good fight and not an easy one for Canelo to come back to.

Angulu seems to lose to the top guys but makes them work for it so a good test for both.

Like, it, like it, like it!

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Tue 07 Jan 2014, 10:19 am

Another fight in which Canelo's lack of workrate could cost him big.

Despite losing, he did impress me against Lara. He never stopped trying to come forward until his face broke under pressure. Does Canelo possess Lara power? Intriguing matchup and shows Canelo really is in boxing for the long run. Guerrero still hasn't scheduled a fight since losing to Floyd.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Tue 07 Jan 2014, 12:44 pm

El Perro will certainly test out Canelo's chin. 

Angulo has been picked as Molina was deemed not a big enough name. 

Typical rubbish from GBP. 

Angulo to expose Canelo and win by KO inside 8. 

Lara vs Molina is set to be made as well, hopefully the winners face off.

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Tue 07 Jan 2014, 1:00 pm

Really excited for this fight and it's a tough one to judge

Logic says that Canelo should be too cute for him, as Angulo has lost most of his biggest fights but apart from the cintron loss he has given great accounts for himself. Against kirkland he misjudged Kirklands chin and punched himself out yet it still took some several rounds from a huge puncher for him to go t out there. He gave lara the biggest beating of his career and looked to be in the ascendancy getting back into the figgt when his eye gave in

Canelo has never fough anyone like angulo and he will have his whiskers checked for sure as angulo tests everyones chin

Always thought the key to beat canelo was volume and it might just happen. Really exciting fight

I hope kirkland can get in he mix too as the 5 of them (inc lara and molina) can make for good fights, except for molina obviously who's never in good fights

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue 07 Jan 2014, 2:55 pm

Lara Molina, hopefully Molina isn't robbed again.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Tue 07 Jan 2014, 6:43 pm

Very very good fight, as many have mentioned Angulo gave Lara fits and with Canelos inactive style he might be in for a difficult night.

Should be exciting!

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Tue 07 Jan 2014, 6:45 pm

An interesting fight for a few reasons.

1. We can see whether Alvarez is the real deal.
2. A chance of redemption for Angulo following the Lara and Kirkland losses, could have won both and possibly should have.
3. Angulo was on Showtimes shortlist as a prospective opponent for Mayweather down the line, he wins and it becomes an option.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Wed 08 Jan 2014, 10:51 am

BoxingFan88 wrote:Very very good fight, as many have mentioned Angulo gave Lara fits and with Canelos inactive style he might be in for a difficult night.

Should be exciting!
If Molina learns to actually box and not hug for 12 rounds, Lara will send him into retirement.

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxtthis Wed 08 Jan 2014, 11:14 am

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs wrote:
I hope kirkland can get in he mix too as the 5 of them (inc lara and molina) can make for good fights, except for molina obviously who's never in good fights

Demetrius Andrade should be thinking about getting in that mix as well. He had a SD win over Vanes Martirosyan last outing, but needs to fight a top guy soon. Martirosyan himself could get in there if he displayed any real desire to get himself a big fight. He has a draw with Lara on his record. Lots of closely matched guys at 154. I get the impression that Lara is the clear best of the rest....if he bothers moving himself out of 2nd gear. Canelo has the chance here against Angulo to stake his claim for being ahead of this pack.

Boxtthis

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Wed 08 Jan 2014, 1:22 pm

Boxtthis wrote:
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs wrote:

Demetrius Andrade should be thinking about getting in that mix as well. He had a SD win over Vanes Martirosyan last outing, but needs to fight a top guy soon. Martirosyan himself could get in there if he displayed any real desire to get himself a big fight. He has a draw with Lara on his record. Lots of closely matched guys at 154. I get the impression that Lara is the clear best of the rest....if he bothers moving himself out of 2nd gear. Canelo has the chance here against Angulo to stake his claim for being ahead of this pack.

Yea didn't see that fight so can't really comment but i'm sure he can hang with the rest of them. have to admit i don't think Martiroysan is at the level of the others and even if he is i'm pretty sure he's with TR.

I think Lara is probably the best but wouldn't go as far to say clearly as he was lucky against Molina and Angulo was giving him fits, and it's that inconsistency that hurts him.

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 08 Jan 2014, 3:08 pm

To be honest Lara lost against Molina and was dyer against Martirosyan, but he showed an awful lot of bottle grit and desire against Angulo and a hell of a lot of skill against Trout so its a difficult one with him.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed 08 Jan 2014, 3:17 pm

Pretty sure Martirosyan is with GBP, he fought Lara this year and I can't see either company giving in to make that fight if they won't for bigger ones.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 08 Jan 2014, 4:30 pm

Didn't think Martirosyan was signed to either GBP or TR, think he's with a smaller promoter is he not?

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 08 Jan 2014, 4:30 pm

I just googled it, it actually is TR at this moment in time.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Wed 08 Jan 2014, 5:04 pm

Yea I thought Lara was GB and vanes was TR and they couldn't come to an agreement over the rematch

Yea the Angulo win needed a lot of heart, but I think angulo was on the ascendency at the time but I guess the damage was done by punches so it's a legit win

At 30 Lara is in his prime and needs to get a move on whereas at 23 Canelo can fight at any rate he wants as he has time on is side so honestly I can see him being dodged for this year

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down