The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Going to the Stadio Olimpico for the 6N - Whats it like? Where is good to go?

3 posters

Go down

Going to the Stadio Olimpico for the 6N - Whats it like? Where is good to go? Empty Going to the Stadio Olimpico for the 6N - Whats it like? Where is good to go?

Post by propdavid_london Tue 7 Jan - 12:30

I'm going on a Stag weekend to Rome.  
There just so happens to be a Rugby game on at the same time - Italy vs England (6N).
Hoping for nicer weather than a few seasons back where there was ice and snow on the pitch.  
Has anyone been there before and can recommend good Bars, restaurants etc.  Would be much appreciated.

Last edited by propdavid_london on Tue 7 Jan - 13:58; edited 2 times in total

propdavid_london

Back to top Go down

Going to the Stadio Olimpico for the 6N - Whats it like? Where is good to go? Empty Re: Going to the Stadio Olimpico for the 6N - Whats it like? Where is good to go?

Post by LeinsterFan4life Tue 7 Jan - 12:37

Why are Italy going back to the Stadio Flamino?

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Going to the Stadio Olimpico for the 6N - Whats it like? Where is good to go? Empty Re: Going to the Stadio Olimpico for the 6N - Whats it like? Where is good to go?

Post by propdavid_london Tue 7 Jan - 12:40

Sorry - is it the Stadio Olimpico?

propdavid_london

Back to top Go down

Post by propdavid_london Tue 7 Jan - 12:42

Cheers LeinsterFan.
Have you been?

propdavid_london

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathman_in_London Tue 7 Jan - 17:15

I've been there, as you say, 2 years ago was blooming freezing as for some reason I hadn't taken ski gear/thermals with me!

Its a good stadium though, pretty easy to walk to from the main/central area (about half an hour from memory, a little further out than Flamino), on the other side of the river.

I guess you are staying near the train station if its a stag do? I can't really remember off the top of my head any specific names of bars/restaurants, would need to have a think. Mind you, if you're on a stag do, presumably you won't want wine bars, you'll want an 'irish' pub or similar! There are a fair few of those around by the way!

I think a good bit of advice is to avoid the restaurant on the big tourist squares like the Piazza Navona, on match day it will be full of people in England shirts, but they are all average and pricey. Just wandering down side streets we found quite a few bars/restaurants/cafes which were good and not as touristy.

Bathman_in_London

Back to top Go down

Post by propdavid_london Wed 8 Jan - 8:29

Cheers Bathman - I will have to remember to pack some thermals just in case.
That's great if its all walking distance - cheers

propdavid_london

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down