The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who Can Pacquiao Fight Next?

+2
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
hampo17
6 posters

Go down

Who Can Pacquiao Fight Next? Empty Who Can Pacquiao Fight Next?

Post by hampo17 Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:03 am

We talked about this last night and the realistic names we got where; Bradley, Marquez, Provodkinov.

Then Damien (Reborn) mentioned Arum wanted Mikey Garcia to move from SFW and fight Pacquiao ASAP, also the rumours of Guerrero being offered the fight today.

Bradley - Would be a good rematch
Marquez - Doesn't want any part of Pacquiao again, however Arum has said that he'd put Marquez back in with Bradley
Provodkinov - 140lb champion, could always move up and seems comfortable at the weight and would be able test Pacquiaos chin
Garcia - Just a joke and should never happen.
Guerrero - Currently with GBP, but trying to get out of his contract but it'll likely result in a legal battle.

Is there anybody else you could realistically see Pacquiao facing?

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Who Can Pacquiao Fight Next? Empty Re: Who Can Pacquiao Fight Next?

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:11 am

If Provodnikov is going to fight Manny then I think the fight should be at 140 for Ruslans belt. It would prob give the fight an extra bit of credit with Pac fighting a "champion" to become a champion again himself.

The Garcia fight is one I think was talked about enough yesterday. Will be an absolute disgrace if Garcia is pushed into that considering how well he is progressing. Il post the video I was speaking about later. How much is true is anyone's guess but it comes from Mikey himself and he seems pretty trustworthy when you listen to him in previous interviews.

Don't think the Bradley fight will sell well enough for Bob to try and make it PPV. A Marquez vs Pac fight is the only one I feel is going to pull in the kind of interest that Manny is used too. That includes a fight against Guerrero. As brilliant as Robert is, his loss against Mayweather will be etched in the back of the PPV customers mind when it comes to forking out $59 dollars or whatever it is. He just didn't come off like a fighter who should be watched for that kind of money.

So for me a Prov fight at 140 is the only realistic move for him.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:30 am

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9UVB1h9bLIE
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:33 am

It will be Bradley or Provodnikov.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:33 am

The Bradley rematch is at least a perfectly valid rematch, not just going round in circles for the sake of it.

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:46 am

Would like to see PacMan batter Bradley and erase the wrong he received in their first fight.

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:22 am

The Bradley fight seems the most logical

Pacquiao got dogged the last time but despite that it can be sold as a 50/50 fight. Since the first fight Pacquiao has been sparked out and had a single victory against an overmatched opponent. Bradley's stock has risen after a great fight against Provodnikov then comfortably beating Marquez in a career best performance. Come April the first Pacquiao Bradley fight would have been almost 2 years ago so the fight will be a lot closer this time around.

Besides Bradley there is only Provodnikov. He's got a good bit of buzz behind him atm and he won't be as easy to outhustle as Rios as he closes the ring better and throws more compact shots. That said he isn't at the level of Manny and unless he can land a huge bong i can't see him winning

Garcia is just utter nonsense, he's only had 1 fight at SFW for christs sake

Guerrero could be interesting as he is a good welter but imo he's nothing special and if he can't get pacquiao on the ropes to use his guerilla tactics then he's just too slow and will be picked apart

The biggest fight is still Marquez though but Marquez wants none of it so I can't see that happening

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down