The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bray Wyatt

+4
Brilliant_yep
Gregers
nadeem2099
Shot 21 LCFC
8 posters

Go down

Bray Wyatt Empty Bray Wyatt

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Mon 20 Jan 2014, 4:49 pm

This guy is fast becoming one of my favourite wrestlers. Im sure some will disagree, but for me he is the best 'character' since The Undertaker. I also believe he is one of the best in WWE at the moment at cutting promos. He is right up there with CM Punk, Paul Heyman and the other top-talkers. Every word and line he delivers is believable and unnerving. I also think his ring psychology (if that is the correct description) is brilliant. That spider walk thing he does scares the sh*t out fo me! Who would have though when Husky Harris joined the Nexus back in 2010 that he would end up this good?

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Bray Wyatt Empty Re: Bray Wyatt

Post by nadeem2099 Mon 20 Jan 2014, 5:26 pm

who would have thought wwe would have the balls to create a crazy character like Wyatt with all the PG stuff around. Now all we need him to do is teach that OAP bashing big show a lesson.
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Tue 28 Jan 2014, 11:27 am

I am guessing that more people will now agree with me on this.

I didnt need a MOTY candidate with Daniel Bryan to see how good Wyatt was though!!  Cool 

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Tue 28 Jan 2014, 11:30 am

I've long been an advocate of Bray's (even back when he was Husky Harris). I hope the WWE realise just what they have with Bray, he has the ability to have MOTY candidates as well as being awesome on the mic and really "living the character"

Now all we need is for the Wyatt's to be the catalyst to break up the shield and then for Bray to get the big win over Cena at WM30...

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by Brilliant_yep Tue 28 Jan 2014, 11:44 am

I must admit,I didn't see any glimmer of hope for him as Husky Harris,none at all.
When I saw him on NXT as Bray I thought it was a great concept but didn't think it would sit well on the main roster.
I'm delighted with how wrong I was,and I'm with you Shot,one of the best characters since Undertaker,a character you can really react to. He plays it so well,I buy into it,and he scares my girlfriend's boy sh**less and nobody other than Undertaker does that.
Hats off to Bray and WWE.

Brilliant_yep

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 28 Jan 2014, 12:38 pm

Its a great character and he plays it so well, I wouldn't say he created it though, its a blatent rip off of Dan Spivvy's Waylon Mercy character from 1995, Spivvy was trained by Barry Windham who of course is the very man Bray was named after.

It was a shame Spivvy got injured because he was onto something pretty big with the Mercy character back in 95, anyway, while I think Bray has been very good, I don't think he's the best character since Taker, I'd say the original Mankind character in 1996 was head and shoulders abov3 anything they've created since, id also include early Goldust as a better character too, he was pushing boundries thay wherr completely taboo and untapped at the time.

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Tue 28 Jan 2014, 1:27 pm

I dont think it was a rip-off of Waylon Mercy, but there are similarities. Now admittedly I havent seen anything of Mercy first hand, just heard things. But it seems like Mercy was just a bit of a psycho. He would be a true gentleman until the bell rang but then would become a monster (if anything they kinda stole that idea for Festus) once the bell rang. Also Mercy was a loner. Wyatt, while similarly dressed, is a monster 24-7 and is also a cult leader. They are different gimmicks for me althoug I can see where the comparisons can be drawn.

I kinda forgot about Mankind and early Goldust but I still prefer Wyatt personally.

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Brilliant_yep Tue 28 Jan 2014, 2:23 pm

I think the difference between Wyatt and Goldust and Mankind is that Bray is a cult leader, so can recruit personnel etc and thus shows his personality more.
While they are both excellent characters, Mankind particularly, I think there will be more longevity with Bray and his cult and there will be more exploration of the character.
All fantastic characters though.

Brilliant_yep

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 28 Jan 2014, 2:37 pm

Shot 21 LCFC wrote:I dont think it was a rip-off of Waylon Mercy, but there are similarities. Now admittedly I havent seen anything of Mercy first hand, just heard things. But it seems like Mercy was just a bit of a psycho. He would be a true gentleman until the bell rang but then would become a monster (if anything they kinda stole that idea for Festus) once the bell rang. Also Mercy was a loner. Wyatt, while similarly dressed, is a monster 24-7 and is also a cult leader. They are different gimmicks for me althoug I can see where the comparisons can be drawn.

I kinda forgot about Mankind and early Goldust but I still prefer Wyatt personally.

I disagree, Mercy was more than just a bit of a psycho, he wasn't a true gentleman either, he was creepy as hell, very sinister, he would refer to "having the new world in his hands" and "he'll change life as we know it" and "we'll never be the same", having seen both characters first hand I can say they are very similar, now Spivvy himself created Waylon Mercy but he took the idea for that particular character off Robert DiNero's portrayal of Max Cady in Cape Fear, again this for me is also very reminicent of the psychology behind Bray Wyatt, all of this isn't a criticism of Bray Wyatt, more of an understanding on how he came about with this character and the similarities in direction and possibly where they'll go with it.

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by JCmag82 Tue 28 Jan 2014, 2:38 pm

I want to see people get recruited into the family. At the moment it is a great concept but if there is no one added I think it will go stale. Same thing happened with the Straight Edge Society. That was a similar idea and was really hot for a while but then it just fizzled out. Admittedly it did see Punk go onwards and upwards, which I see happening with Bray, but a good heel faction which grows is long overdue. In the attitude era you had Nation of Domination, Right to Censor, DX, Evoulution which all had the ability to recruit and grow and seemingly take over the upper mid card and be involved in every match on a card.

JCmag82

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Tue 28 Jan 2014, 4:54 pm

Kay Fabe wrote:
Shot 21 LCFC wrote:I dont think it was a rip-off of Waylon Mercy, but there are similarities. Now admittedly I havent seen anything of Mercy first hand, just heard things. But it seems like Mercy was just a bit of a psycho. He would be a true gentleman until the bell rang but then would become a monster (if anything they kinda stole that idea for Festus) once the bell rang. Also Mercy was a loner. Wyatt, while similarly dressed, is a monster 24-7 and is also a cult leader. They are different gimmicks for me althoug I can see where the comparisons can be drawn.

I disagree, Mercy was more than just a bit of a psycho, he wasn't a true gentleman either, he was creepy as hell, very sinister, he would refer to "having the new world in his hands" and "he'll change life as we know it" and "we'll never be the same", having seen both characters first hand I can say they are very similar, now Spivvy himself created Waylon Mercy but he took the idea for that particular character off Robert DiNero's portrayal of Max Cady in Cape Fear,  again this for me is also very reminicent of the psychology behind Bray Wyatt, all of this isn't a criticism of Bray Wyatt, more of an understanding on how he came about with this character and the similarities in direction and possibly where they'll go with it.

Fair enough, you have seen a lot more of Mercy than me so I will trust your judgment. I also agree its a shame he got injured as it sounded like a great character.

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Tue 28 Jan 2014, 5:22 pm

I have always liked the character, but i wasn't so sure about his in ring skills. Sunday night changed that, he was superb.

One of the best things in WWE, give him a streak like the Undertakers, he should also be the man to take the streak from the Undertaker.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Tue 28 Jan 2014, 6:34 pm

No way should Wyatt take the streak imo. It wouldn't be the making of him because I don't think that it is something that would "make" someone. They will get over facing Taker, not beating them.

The only way that the Streak should end is if the WWE can make more money from it ending than it continuing. As soon as he loses (bar a rematch), there is no value in it and no merch $$ any more.

In terms of current personnel the only person who could take it would be Cena and that would be in a heel turn. Given that that is current still hugely unlikely I really can't see a way that they won't work on the risk of breaking it not being worth it in the long run.

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down