The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Next For Bray Wyatt?

+8
JoshSansom
NickisBHAFC
Gregers
BD21
Samo
XR
Crimey
Shot 21 LCFC
12 posters

Go down

What Next For Bray Wyatt? Empty What Next For Bray Wyatt?

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Thu 05 Jun 2014, 2:21 pm

Obviously, Smackdown may explain this, but I like to actually watch wrestling not read about it so I wont know what happens there until Friday or Saturday. If anybody does know what happens on Smackdown please dont post it here (unless you do it under the spoiler banner so people like me cant see it).

Who do we think Bray Wyatt will move on to now? Surely he is done with John Cena. It seems Luke Harper and Erick Rowan will move onto facing The Usos for the tag titles. Someone has suggested Wyatt move onto Sheamus. The matches oughtta be decent.

If not Sheamus, who else would fit in a good rivalry with the Eater Of Worlds?

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

What Next For Bray Wyatt? Empty Re: What Next For Bray Wyatt?

Post by Crimey Thu 05 Jun 2014, 2:48 pm

I just don't know where Wyatt goes and am not sure that he will even be finished with Cena, even though he obviously should be simply because WWE don't know what else to do with him. So far his feuds have been very similar, the two big ones of Bryan and Cena have both followed a similar story and I think to keep up momentum, which has begun to wane quite significantly, he needs to have a story that isn't about unleashing the monster in somebody else. 

Sheamus has been tooted, but not sure that will be best for Wyatt as it will really be a Cena-lite feud.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XR Thu 05 Jun 2014, 3:45 pm

I'd keep Wyatt away from Sheamus, the guy is a heat vacuum.

I think it's about time they expand the Wyatt family. Maybe him losing to Cena is the trigger for him to 'build an army', to take under appreciated talent and make them feel like they're wanted. Not sure who would fit the bill, mind. You've got 2 big guys in harper & rowan and they're the tag team. I think you'd need a high flyer, maybe (i don't know if he's still around) get Evan Bourne in there. Take the Sheep mask off Rowan and create a Rey Mysterio style mask but have it be a sheep mask. You could even have Wyatt saying that he is truly now 'Bourne Again' etc etc #pun.

I just think it needs freshening up, he's tried to get Bryan in the family and tried taking on Cena. Maybe they play up him having to regroup and build an army.

XR

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Thu 05 Jun 2014, 4:06 pm

I think Wyatt should take time out of the ring and focus on valeting the Family to the tag titles. He can build Harper and Rowan with his promos. It'll give him a wee break and gives creative a bit of time to come up with someone for him to feud with further down the line.

Harper and Rowan arent yet established enough to bring someone else in. Get the Family perfect first before you tamper with it. Harper is close, but Rowan could still use a bit of work.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by BD21 Thu 05 Jun 2014, 8:49 pm

I like your idea gc. I'm struggling to think of anything myself. This is the problem with going too big, too soon. Where do you go from being on the losing side of a 3 PPV run with Cena?

BD21

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Thu 05 Jun 2014, 9:03 pm

Big Show would be a good choice, someone for Bray to go over and get his heat back. Couldnt disagree with Crimey more on the momentum slowing

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Thu 05 Jun 2014, 9:06 pm

This perfectly highlights the WWE's biggest problem, theres no more top guys atm. He's been with Bryan and Cena, Ambrose and Reigns are pre-occupied, and theres no Punk. There are no top level faces left. Guys like Ziggler, Sheamus, Cody and Big Show are the next level of faces, but you could argue that Wyatt is above them now.

Likewise for Bryan when he returns from injury, there no top heels left for him to face. Del Rio, Barrett and Cesaro could give you a decent main event match, but you would never believe they would win the WWE title.

Ziggler, Swagger, Cody Rhodes, Sandow, Kofi Kingston, The Miz, Wade Barrett and Sheamus SHOULD be the guys having the top level feuds for the top titles - some of them already have. But the WWE have dropped the ball so badly here. These guys were billed as 'the future' but the future never came, now we're touting Wyatt and The Shield as the future, and these guys have been bypassed.

The WWE are the makers of their own downfall.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Thu 05 Jun 2014, 11:22 pm

Big Show would make sense for a quick PPV. Easy route, Bray can have ago for not being a monster and acting like a little boy instead etc.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Thu 05 Jun 2014, 11:44 pm

Maybe a little bit down the line, but could you imagine Bray v Lesnar?... Backstory about Lesnar's lack of commitment in life (jumping from amateur to WWE to NFL to MMA to WWE etc), how he chose to lock himself in a cage for the amusement of others, how he uses a puppet master (Heyman) for his words rather than allowing his own voice to speak etc

Could help to transition Wyatt to a face as there would be a lot of potential strong arguments that would fit into his character.

Alternatively there would be the potential for some allusions along the lines of Charlie Manson, a large collection of hippie-esque divas surrounding him and Bray to collect "followers". These could be individuals not part of the actual Family but ones that would seek to become part of it, do Bray's bidding. It could be specified that after people are in his company for too long that they seem to lose control of themselves etc.

It could work like the Army that gc mentioned but could be promoed along the lines of Bray stating that he doesn't need a permanent army for this war, that he is in the minds of those who matter, that he can rely on them whenever they are needed, his invisible guerilla force. The allusion would be to Vietnam and how a fixed force cannot defeat something they can't see coming

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 05 Jun 2014, 11:58 pm

Gregers wrote: Couldnt disagree with Crimey more on the momentum slowing

I know this will be an unpopular opinion but I am not sold on Bray Wyatt, I feel he has lost huge amounts of momentum in the last few months and has become increasingly less interesting. On paper a long-term feud with Cena should have cemented him as a top level heel but instead I feel as if he has come out of the feud in exactly the same spot as before. I think, Extreme Rules aside, it was booked well but I'm just not sure if it has worked as now Wyatt has somewhat of a face reaction which will be difficult to lose unless he goes against somebody extremely popular which only leaves Bryan, or possibly Ziggler. (censored)

I feel like Wyatt's promos have become weaker and they have less impact live than his prerecorded messages did. The 'Whole world in his hands' has become repetitive and boring and I'm not sure it has had quite the desired affect as it isn't really a creepy enough song. Wyatt's never been a great wrestler but I think that has been shown even more in a feud with Cena who has the tendency to fall to the level of his opponent and so Wyatt hasn't looked great, this is exacerbated when he's shown against Luke Harper who is unorthodox in the ring but still fantastic.

I think Wyatt really needs either a bit of time away from the spotlight so has to have maximum impact when he does push to the upper echelons of the card or a new direction. I do quite like the idea of him recruiting for his family, even if the recruits are basically nameless people. It might bring some legitimacy back to the character which I feel has come across as a bit weak since Wrestlemania.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 06 Jun 2014, 12:19 am

Crimey wrote: somebody extremely popular which only leaves Bryan, or possibly Ziggler. (censored)

What was that?  Cool 

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 06 Jun 2014, 12:20 am

What he shouldnt be doing is being advertised as "returning next week on Raw". Not so mysterious now as he tells the producers when he'll be showing up

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurt N. Jurqa Fri 06 Jun 2014, 12:37 am

Next he'll be wearing a pink Hawaiian shirt when it's WWE cancer month.

Kurt N. Jurqa

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 06 Jun 2014, 12:48 am

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:
Crimey wrote: somebody extremely popular which only leaves Bryan, or possibly Ziggler. (censored)

What was that?  Cool 

I don't deny that Ziggler is immensely popular, that is what I find most annoying because I think the fans overrate him.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakatomi Plaza Fri 06 Jun 2014, 3:33 pm

I'd use Bray sparingly in the ring, and have him recruit a couple more followers to the Wyatt family in the short-term. I'd love to see him feud with Dean Ambrose later on in the year.

Nakatomi Plaza

Back to top Go down

Post by shenglong2014 Fri 06 Jun 2014, 6:15 pm

Have Reigns and Ambrose join The Wyatts and take on Evolution!!!

shenglong2014

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat 07 Jun 2014, 2:23 pm

I'd hold him back a bit. I really, really hope he isnt in the money in the bank match. Just doesnt suit his character quite yet. If the Cena feud is, thankfully, over then I would be happy for him to pick a new target during that match, halt a babyface from winning etc, because I think that makes more sense.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down