The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Behind The Curtain Presents 6CW The Power 5 22.01.14

Go down

Behind The Curtain Presents 6CW The Power 5 22.01.14 Empty Behind The Curtain Presents 6CW The Power 5 22.01.14

Post by MtotheC Fri 24 Jan 2014, 8:12 pm

Behind The Curtain Presents 6CW The Power 5 22.01.14 Power10

Good evening folks and welcome to another edition of 6CW presents the Power 5 with me your host Jon ‘The Don’ Donaldson, not only have we got the rundown of the week’s most impactful superstars, we've also got an extra special interview for you but in the meantime don’t forget to tweet us your views using #Power5.

And that leads us nicely into the first segment of tonight’s show where I welcome the gorgeous and talented Christy James into the Power 5 studio, good evening Christy you are looking stunning as always, Christy has had her ear to the ground all week to bring us a roundup of all the gossip from inside the Copper Box .

CJ: Thanks Don, it’s a pleasure to be here tonight to bring you the ‘6CW Rumour Mill’ so let’s get straight into it!

First off, there have been murmurs since Anarchy that not all is well inside the Authority camp, more specifically the SOA, I’m hearing that not all of them see eye to eye and that it’s only a matter of time before tensions boil over.

I’ve been trying to source info on the Vincent Costello contract dispute and have unfortunately not been able to find anything concrete, one source has speculated that Costello was contractually promised a title match but this is just guesswork. Whatever the dispute is about its shrouded in secrecy.

The Talent Jimmy Phillips has become something of a backstage hero after coming to the rescue of Robin Reborn last week. Many of the crew and locker room have taken to social media to applaud the actions of the talent…He can save me any day!

And finally, after weeks of speculation and heated rivalry, Liam Wood and Thunder will face off at Revolution in a 2 out of 3 falls match, backstage rumours are that Liam’s long term girlfriend Emmy has been seen leaving the dressing room of Thunder on more than one occasion, has this feud just got even more personal or is Emmy just trying to repair broken bridges?

I’ve been Christy James with the Rumour Mill and I’ll be back next week with more gossip from the Copper Box.

Don: Thanks Christy, well ladies and gents I’ll be back after these messages from our sponsors with the first entrant in this week’s Power 5.

Welcome back to the Power 5 let’s get this week’s show moving with our first entrant, at number five this week is the Talent Jimmy Phillips. The road to glory here in 6CW has not been an easy one for Phillips since his move from EWF in fact many would say that Philips has failed to even get out of first gear, but with a new year has come a new found sense of direction and purpose for the master of the touchdown. Phillips managed to pull off a huge victory over last week’s number five Vincent Costello who drops out of the chart following that defeat. Both men were extremely vocal in the lead up to their match with Costello claiming that Phillips is nothing more than a nearly man, but after picking up the ‘W’ Phillips has firmly put those accusations to bed and finds himself picking up more much needed momentum on the way to Revolution. I had a brief catch up with the  Talent himself after Anarchy and here’s what he had to say about placing 5th in this week’s poll, run VT:

JP: Two matches, two wins. I said that this year would be different. The year of The Talent. This is only the beginning. 6CW has been put on notice

Don: I doubt this will be the last time Jimmy features on the power 5 if he continues his current form.

So moving on to number 4 and we have another new entry, a man who made his return to 6CW two weeks ago, former 2 time champion of the world Daniel Reilly. The 6CW legend found himself conveniently placed in the safety of the Authority’s corner teaming with Marty Helms and Mike Conrad in a three on one handicap match vs. the undefeated Scott Harris. The odds proved insurmountable in the end for the Sharpshooter, despite an excellent display of defiance he couldn’t hold back the relentless tide of offence meaning his commendable undefeated streak came to end. The game changer in this match was undoubtedly the presence of Reilly who showed us all why he is one of the superstars that built 6CW, before the match Daniel made his intentions unequivocally clear, he is back to climb to the mountain top and win a third World Heavyweight Championship. What part does Reilly have to play in the Authority/Uprising saga? Will he and Drake face off and how long will it take him to reach his goal of championship gold, stay tuned to 6CW to find out the answers to all of these questions and more.

The number three spot this week sees yet another new entry in the shape of the street thug that is DeMarcus Brown. Having been engulfed in an all-out war with Ojore that has spilled out of the ring on more than one occasion Brown found himself taking a step back and facing the broken figure of Blade. DeMarcus made short work of his opponent who took such a beating that I doubt we will see him again for some time. Brown and Ojore’s feud will culminate at Revolution in what promises to be a match of the night candidate considering the bad blood between these two, a shot at the EWF world title awaits DeMarcus at Day of Reckoning if he can get past the Man of War, obviously no mean feat, but if he can secure the victory he will certainly have earned his chance to face the EWF world champion.

Here on the power 5 we pride ourselves on breaking new ground, on bringing you the 6CW fans the latest and most up to date news, gossip and interviews from the Copper Box and tonight is no exception. Joining me now is two men that have jointly polled at number two in this week’s chart, two former best friends turned rivals who will face off at Revolution, it’s of course The Viper Liam Wood and The Oncoming Storm Thunder.

Gentlemen, welcome to the power five and thank you for taking time out of your busy training schedules to join us. I hate to play school master but I have been asked to remind you by the Authority that the power 5 is not a place for physicality, any acts of violence will result in instant suspension. With that in mind I hope we can conduct this interview despite the obvious tensions in a calm and professional manner. So now that we have that cleared up let’s get on with it…

Liam, arguably your whole life has been one success story, a wealth of online support via social media and an army of fans, you've already held a number of titles including the world championship, do you think that all this success and critical acclaim is the reason for the breakdown in your relationship with Thunder…Simply put do you believe that he is jealous of you?

Wood: I wouldn't blame him, look at the amazing year I've had and all I've achieved but hell, I don't know Don but there must have been something that's gone wrong in his head that caused him to act this way...something caused him to feel like he needed to make himself a part of MY match, the sad thing is...I don't think it mattered that it was me, I just think he couldn't bare to not be in that spotlight...

Don: So Thunder, Liam claims you crave the spotlight regardless of how that impacts friend or foe, are you so desperate to climb the ladder that you will trample over your closest friends to do so?

Thunder: I like to entertain the fans, nothing more, nothing less. If that gets me a title shot or the spotlight fine, if not that's cool. I've never asked for a title match, I've never asked for the spotlight, I've only ever asked to do my thing, to entertain. I've tried explaining to Liam, until I was blue in the face that I was trying to help. He is as stubborn as a mule and I'm done trying to apologies to him, if he wants to throw away over a decade of friendship because he can't see further than the end of his nose so, be it. Liam has become so, self-absolved that, he believes that just like him, everyone else wants the spotlight.

Don: Thunder makes a very good point here; he claims you can’t see what’s staring you in the face, to throw away a friendship that has latest over a decade for what? It’s well documented Liam that you’re a hot head, no offence meant but your easily riled, and I’m not paid to skirt around the issues so I’m just going to come out and say it… Are you blaming the loss of the EWF world title on Thunder because you couldn’t get the job done?

Wood: Are you kidding me? I couldn't get the job done!? Of course I lost my damn title after having him smash a steel chair over the top of my head...but that's just it isn't it? He talks about how long we've had this friendship for but when it came down to it, he didn't believe in me...he didn't believe that I could do it...I put up the fight of my life that night and he ended it by getting involved...if you want to talk about how this friendship ended and you want to blame someone Thunder then look at yourself. If you didn't want the limelight then answer this...why the hell did you make yourself a part of a match that didn't involve you!?

Don: Well Thunder why did you?

Thunder: There is no answer that I can give that will satisfy Liam's ego. Liam was like a brother and I would do anything for him. I knew how much the title meant to him, I could see the deck had been stacked against him. I watched that match in the back with everyone else. Anyone watching that match could see he was going to cheated, one way or another, the Authority were not going to let him walk out of that show with the belt. I could see they were going to cheat him so, I evened the playing field. If you watch that match back, not once did Liam have a problem with me being there, interjecting myself on his behalf but, when Enforcer ducks and Liam takes the chair, clearly meant for someone else, he then has a problem with it.

Don: I think it's clear that you are both going to have to agree to disagree on this but Liam from your prospective do you think that once the final bell has rang has Revolution and all the dust has cleared you and Thunder could put all this behind you and move on as friends once again?

Wood: Can you hear yourself speaking Thunder!? Are you shocked that I had a problem with the way you smashed a chair in to my damn face!? I wonder why that got on my nerves, huh? I wonder why having someone who claims to be my Brother stab me in the back like that get to me...you know who else were brothers!? Cain and Abel and by the looks of it this is going the same way...you can play the good guy but look back to the moment this really started...the moment that you lost your title shot and punched me in the face...to answer your question Don, no...after this is over and I've proven that I'm the best out of this sham of a friendship, I don't plan on kissing and making up...I have to thank Thunder actually, he showed me about the importance of choosing who you trust.

Thunder: Your a fine one to talk about trust, all I've ever wanted is to be a professional wrestler and stand side by side with you my best friend and the moment you questioned my intentions was the moment YOU through our friendship aside. Your the one who started this, your the one who couldn't put that massive ego of yours in check and your the one that decided the title was more important than a decade of friendship!

With that Liam Wood jumps out of his chair boiling with rage, Thunder follows suit and the two square up, neither man blinks as they go face to face

Don: Gentlemen please, let me remind you that...

Wood: Yeah yeah Don we know, believe me I wouldn't waste my energy on this so called friend of mine, I'm saving everything I have for Revolution, I'm going to leave it all in the ring and by the time the nights out your'll release that stabbing me in the back was the worst mistake you've ever made.

Liam Wood turns on his heels and walks off set, ripping the mic pack from his jeans and throwing it  on the chair

Don: Strong words from a man that is clearly set on getting what he perceives as retribution, it could take a miracle for you to beat such a focused Viper?

Thunder: You know what Don what will be will be, Liam certainly talks a lot but I promise all of my fans that I'm gonna give everything I've got at Revolution and put on a show for them. It's like the doctor says Don... “The universe is big. It’s vast and complicated and ridiculous. And sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles.”

Don: And that seems like as good a place as any to say thank you to both the Viper Liam Wood and Thunder for joining me here tonight, I certainly don’t think the issues between these two men are going to be resolved easily, so in true 6CW style let’s see them settle this in the ring on February 11th at Revolution. Join me after the break for the final instalment of the Power 5 where I’ll be announcing this week’s number 1.

Welcome back and it’s time for your final slice of Power 5 action, it’s time to find out who has charted at number one and therefore made the biggest impact of the week. And that man is…For the second week running the Masterful One Mike Masters! The number one contender to the EWF title continued his current form and cemented his position at the very top of the Power 5 by securing the winning pin fall in the main event of Anarchy, made even more significant as it was over the current reigning champion Enforcer.

Masters was here in this very studio last week and made some very bold claims about his future and that of the EWF world title, he reinforced those statements with a pin fall victory over Enforcer. The masterful one will now go into his title match at Revolution with the momentum of knowing he has pinned the champion!

And that's about all we have time for tonight on the Power 5, make sure you tune in next week to see all the movers and shakers from Anarchy, thank you to Christy James for bringing us the Rumour Mill and to my two special guests Liam Wood and Thunder, so until next time, I've been the Don and you've been watching the Power 5

January 22nd 2014

#1 Non mover- Mike Masters
#2 New Entry-Liam Wood/Thunder
#3 New Entry- DeMarcus Brown
#4 New Entry- Daniel Reilly
#5 New Entry- Jimmy Phillips

January 12th 2014

#1 Mike Masters
#2 Tyler Roth
#3 Enforcer
#4 Scott Harris
#5 Vincent Costello