The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The State of The Forum - better or worse?

+20
It Must Be Love
JubbaIsle
CaledonianCraig
The Special Juan
Silver
Jahu
kingraf
Haddie-nuff
hawkeye
laverfan
kemet
Danny_1982
HM Murdock
banbrotam
socal1976
bogbrush
Henman Bill
lydian
summerblues
JuliusHMarx
24 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

The State of The Forum - better or worse? - Page 5 Empty The State of The Forum - better or worse?

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 24 Jan 2014, 9:54 pm

First topic message reminder :

It wasn't long ago that were rumblings and mutterings among the chattering classes (that's you) that the forum was a bit bland and sterile, that debate was being stifled and apathy and discontent was setting in. There was even mutinous talk that this was in some part due to the behaviour of your wise and glorious rulers (that's laverfan and myself).

Now everything seems to be back to the halcyon days of yore with bickering, banter, back-stabbing and behind-biting.

So it would actually be useful, I think, for laverfan and myself to know which is preferable to your good selves. The current lively, spicy, on-the-edge feel to the place. Or the somewhat meditative, relaxed, coffee-house ambience of early winter? The more we know about your preferences the more likely LF and I are not to get it hideously wrong and ruin it for everyone.

PM us if you'd prefer - you can name names that way Smile

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

The State of The Forum - better or worse? - Page 5 Empty Re: The State of The Forum - better or worse?

Post by laverfan Sat 08 Nov 2014, 10:23 pm

temporary21 wrote:
HM Murdoch wrote:Out of curiousity, can someone tell me why my David Goffin pants picture was deleted?

I'm not bothered about it but I'd like to know what rule or standard it fell foul of. Just for future reference.
Though inconceivable it was probably removed for being too sexy Cool

Before someone objected to thongs, I took them out. I would have left them, if not for some PM exchange.

laverfan

Back to top Go down

The State of The Forum - better or worse? - Page 5 Empty Re: The State of The Forum - better or worse?

Post by JuliusHMarx Sat 08 Nov 2014, 10:36 pm

laverfan wrote:
temporary21 wrote:
HM Murdoch wrote:Out of curiousity, can someone tell me why my David Goffin pants picture was deleted?

I'm not bothered about it but I'd like to know what rule or standard it fell foul of. Just for future reference.
Though inconceivable it was probably removed for being too sexy Cool

Before someone objected to thongs, I took them out. I would have left them, if not for some PM exchange.

Two thongs don't make a right.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Sat 08 Nov 2014, 10:48 pm

PM's should be disabled.

Whats the purpose (aside from flirting) to have the Mods talk secretly to posters, on a "public" forum?

Long live lingerie!! Laugh
Jahu
Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Sat 08 Nov 2014, 10:56 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:Two thongs don't make a right.

Marvellous, JHM. kiss Yahoo

Jahu wrote:Whats the purpose (aside from flirting) to have the Mods talk secretly to posters, on a "public" forum?

Of late, it has been complaints about off-topic comments on threads. Wink

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Sat 08 Nov 2014, 11:04 pm

Cheeky little emotional puppies The State of The Forum - better or worse? - Page 5 3845856932
Jahu
Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by JubbaIsle Sun 23 Nov 2014, 7:33 pm

Jahu wrote:PM's should be disabled.

Whats the purpose (aside from flirting) to have the Mods talk secretly to posters, on a "public" forum?

Long live lingerie!! Laugh

PM = Private Message, which to all intents and purposes is the need to keep other people out of the conversation as it is personal not public.

Really don't see the need to rewrite the rule book, its worked in this way for hundreds if not thousands of other forums the world over and is pretty fair as fair as fair can be.

Confucius says  zen  not steam = king

JubbaIsle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5