The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wales captain Sam Warburton signs WRU central contract

+28
Irish Londoner
rodders
HammerofThunor
wales606
GunsGerms
Cardiff Dave
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
XR
Notch
welshy824 (new)
SecretFly
LordDowlais
whocares
Chunky Norwich
Scrumpy
ME-109
quinsforever
Seagultaf
wayne
Allty
VinceWLB
bedfordwelsh
Coleman
Stone Motif
Knowsit17
Steffan
ScarletSpiderman
Kingshu
32 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Wales captain Sam Warburton signs WRU central contract - Page 5 Empty Wales captain Sam Warburton signs WRU central contract

Post by Kingshu Sat 25 Jan 2014, 4:49 pm

First topic message reminder :

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/25896487

Central Contract?

Well this was coming, so what happens now?

I though that the regions wouldn't play Centrally contracted players, but Lewis said

"I am extremely grateful to the Cardiff Blues chairman, Peter Thomas, for his understanding when the WRU chairman [David Pickering] and I met him on Wednesday to outline this proposed plan.

So have Cardiff Blues broken rank? or has there been a change in stance by all the regions?

Its good news for Cardiff Blues fans, and fans of the Pro 12 to be keeping a top player, but will it end or make the infighting worse?

Kingshu

Back to top Go down

Wales captain Sam Warburton signs WRU central contract - Page 5 Empty Re: Wales captain Sam Warburton signs WRU central contract

Post by Cardiff Dave Wed 05 Feb 2014, 2:06 pm

Backhand return down the tramlines from the WRU.
OUT!
Game RRW. 5 games all, final set;

"WRU rejects national contracts claims from Ospreys backer Robert Davies

The Welsh Rugby Union has accused Ospreys backer Robert Davies of making a series of "incorrect assertions" in a radio broadcast on Tuesday."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/26053191

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Wales captain Sam Warburton signs WRU central contract - Page 5 Empty Re: Wales captain Sam Warburton signs WRU central contract

Post by ScarletSpiderman Wed 05 Feb 2014, 2:13 pm

On Saturday it was good to see that the players didn't seem to allow the current farce distract them from the six nations, and now today it is clear to see that the WRU/RRW have not let the six nations distract them from this farce  picard 

I am starting to wonder, should I support Bath (sister's uni), Edinburgh (niece's birth place) or Munster (distant relatives) for next season, as the whole Welsh stuff is going to go nuclear and the fall out will kill rugby in the country at the roots.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Allty Wed 05 Feb 2014, 4:40 pm

+1

Allty

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Wed 05 Feb 2014, 5:42 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:On Saturday it was good to see that the players didn't seem to allow the current farce distract them from the six nations, and now today it is clear to see that the WRU/RRW have not let the six nations distract them from this farce  picard 

I am starting to wonder, should I support Bath (sister's uni), Edinburgh (niece's birth place) or Munster (distant relatives) for next season, as the whole Welsh stuff is going to go nuclear and the fall out will kill rugby in the country at the roots.

We'd gladly welcome you to Exe, Spidey OK

Chief

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Wed 05 Feb 2014, 5:45 pm

ASBO, you've got your fair share of welsh lads (and Welch lad) there already.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed 05 Feb 2014, 6:04 pm

Im glad the WRU is taking control of the players and keeping them out of control of people like the horrible Pieman and slimey Stuart (Gallagher)

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 05 Feb 2014, 9:10 pm

VinceWLB wrote:There was a huuuge applause when Warburton came on on saturday, make of that what you want...

Andy Bowell made a big deal of this too. I don't see how it follows that applause of Warburton coming onto the field = approval of his decision to sign a central contract. Could it be that there was a cheer simply because he's the captain of the national side and one of best-known players in Wales? Or that the crowd thought that him coming on would help our chances, given that we were trying to win a Test match at the time and making heavy weather of it?

I'd bet that a good percentage of the crowd last Saturday weren't even aware that Sam signing a CC had caused a row - or that he'd signed a CC at all.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Wed 05 Feb 2014, 9:18 pm

Steffan wrote:Im glad the WRU is taking control of the players and keeping them out of control of people like the horrible Pieman and slimey Stuart (Gallagher)

The people who've been putting food on their tables for the last ten+ years? WTF is the matter with you?
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Thu 06 Feb 2014, 9:39 am

Scott Williams has signed with the Scarlets, and not the Union.

So at the moment Halfpenny has gone to France AWJ, and Scott Williams have turned down the union in favour of their regions. And only Sam has signed to the WRU. So the best the union can hope for is that they can sign 50% of their 'six stars' that they were after.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Thu 06 Feb 2014, 12:28 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:Scott Williams has signed with the Scarlets, and not the Union.

So at the moment Halfpenny has gone to France AWJ, and Scott Williams have turned down the union in favour of their regions.  And only Sam has signed to the WRU.  So the best the union can hope for is that they can sign 50% of their 'six stars' that they were after.

That's ok. That's all the £1m extra "inventory" would stretch to anyway, realistically.
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5