The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bradley vs Pacquiao 2

+7
Diamond in the rough
kingraf
bellchees
Hammersmith harrier
mobilemaster8
hogey
hampo17
11 posters

Go down

Bradley vs Pacquiao 2 Empty Bradley vs Pacquiao 2

Post by hampo17 Sat 25 Jan 2014, 7:55 pm

This fight has apparently all been signed. Big rumours that Arum was going to make Bradley sign a contract extension if this fight was agreed.

Smart move by Bradley or should have jumped ship? Is this a fight you want to see?

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Bradley vs Pacquiao 2 Empty Re: Bradley vs Pacquiao 2

Post by hogey Sat 25 Jan 2014, 8:26 pm

Will be closer than the first time, which Manny won easy. This time Bradley will push it much closer but will actually have to win it rather than get a gift, Manny nicks a paper thin decision for me and sets up a 3rd fight.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sat 25 Jan 2014, 8:37 pm

Apparently Pacquiao is getting $20m for this fight while Bradley is getting $6m.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Sun 26 Jan 2014, 12:16 am

Really Hampo?!

If i was Bradley i would say:

"Ive already beaten Pacquiao, im a world champion, undefeated, just beat the guy who knocked your guy out cold.....yet you want to pay him nearly 4 times more than me?? Do me a favour..."

Something not right there.

Standby for a robbery or poor decision (again).

Pacman to win via SD or UD and then a rubber match in September to determine who is the best fighter in Top Rank. Or some other crock of balls

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun 26 Jan 2014, 12:27 am

Bradley has no bargaining power in this MM8, everybody knows Pacquiao beat him, is a bigger name, draws in the crowds and holds all the cards, his world title means very little in that context. He needs Pacquiao more for the payday than the other way round.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Sun 26 Jan 2014, 1:38 am

mobilemaster8 wrote:Really Hampo?!

"Ive already beaten Pacquiao, im a world champion, undefeated, just beat the guy who knocked your guy out cold.....yet you want to pay him nearly 4 times more than me?? Do me a favour..."

Pacman to win via SD or UD and then a rubber match in September to determine who is the best fighter in Top Rank. Or some other crock of balls

Fair split or not matters little unfortunately. 25% purse of a fight with Manny is more than 60% purse of a fight with his other options so I think Bradley just has to get over it and keep winning until he's the guy people want to pay to see. I'd love to see him in with a lot of the Goldenboy fighters around Welter and Light Welter but unfortunately that seems like it wont happen. Do Top Rank have any fighters Bradley hasn't been in with yet?

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun 26 Jan 2014, 6:00 am

They've got Rios - who I think will make a better account of himself against a guy who doesn't do what he does much better than him. Bradley probably beats Rios, but I think it's an entertaining bout. Both his 2013 fights would probably attract fans for a repeat. Marquez and his Texicans feel they were quite clearly robbed, while the Prov garnered so much accolades , the casuals want a Part Deux.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Diamond in the rough Sun 26 Jan 2014, 1:55 pm

kingraf wrote:They've got Rios - who I think will make a better account of himself against a guy who doesn't do what he does much better than him. Bradley probably beats Rios, but I think it's an entertaining bout. Both his 2013 fights would probably attract fans for a repeat. Marquez and his Texicans feel they were quite clearly robbed, while the Prov garnered so much accolades , the casuals want a Part Deux.

Bradley beats rios every round for me! Rios is very average and was good at lower weights as he put on 15-20lbs hydrating! He can't bully people at WW

Diamond in the rough

Back to top Go down

Post by OasisBFC Sun 26 Jan 2014, 6:29 pm

it's a decent fight for both.

it was closer than people say it was but still a manny win. however bradley deserves the big fights and just can't get them.

if he does the business properly he'll be a genuine p4p contender. if manny wins he's beaten a very good fighter and got his revenge.

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 26 Jan 2014, 10:27 pm

mobilemaster8 wrote:Really Hampo?!

Bradley's fans you could probably fit into a phone booth.........He's an ugly duckling...........

End of the day its 6 million .....................vs 3/4 fights for the same figure...........

Two wins over Manny = Probable great status.................When you chuck in ................Alexander, Provo, Petersen (Three guys that went on to win titles )..........JMM and the decent Witter...........and Holt too.........

Bradley reminds me of Hagler........Tough, unsung cookie..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sun 26 Jan 2014, 10:59 pm

I don't remember Hagler being unsung. He was a pretty big deal when I was growing up. All the 4 Kings were

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 26 Jan 2014, 11:52 pm

There was a point where Hagler was unsung, obviously he became a very big deal mind you!

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down